inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Music Videos of the 2000's

Written By: woops on 01/28/09 at 4:11 pm

Since it's 2009, does anybody have any favorite music video from this decade...  :)

Personal Top 8 (can't think of a Top 10... I liked many songs, but only a few had memorable music videos, IMHO)

8. Bowling For Soup "1985"... a cheesy song with a campy video that spoofs various '80's artists/videos from Robert Palmer's "Addicted To Love", Whitesnake "Here I Go Again", George Michael "Faith", etc. Yeah, I know most weren't from that particular year...

7. Vanessa Carlton "A Thousand Miles"... features the singer riding her piano around variou places

6. Natasha Bedingfield "Pocketful Of Sunshine"... a 'feel good video' that starts off with Natasha having a hard day at an office (where she supposedly works in the video) and takes a parachute to the top of a building with other people using the pop song for escapism from some graffiti artists  to a disadvantaged  young kid.

5. Alien Ant Farm "Movies"... video of their lesser known hit (more known for cover of "Smooth Criminal") that features parodies of various movies from "Ghostbusters", "Edward Sisscorhands", and "Karate Kid" (yes, there's a cameo from the late Pat Morita).

4. Ting Tings "Shut Up & Let Me Go"... great zooming effects (similar to White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army") and martial art moves between the members.

3. Natasha Bedingfield "These Words"... featuring Natasha walking around with dancing boom boxes. A fresh video and different from most pop videps that usually take place in a club.

2. Fountains of Wayne "Stacy's Mom" ... homage to the pool scene of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" featuring former model Rachel Hunter, whicha  new generation, including myself, actually developed a crush on her.

1. The White Stripes "Fell In Love With A Girl"... animated video clip directed by Michel Gondry that's made from Lego blocks.

Subject: Re: Best Music Videos of the 2000's

Written By: EthanM on 01/28/09 at 5:27 pm

Movies was a good video. So was tenacious d's Pick of Destiny

Weezer had some good videos this decade. Especially keep fishin

Subject: Re: Best Music Videos of the 2000's

Written By: scottyb on 01/28/09 at 5:49 pm

Eight Easy Steps by Alanis Morissette from 2004 i love how she go's back to her older videos and has her singing the song in the older videos
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1g0vg_alanis-morissette-eight-easy-steps_music

Check for new replies or respond here...