inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: worst songs of the 2000's

Written By: scottyb on 01/28/09 at 5:45 pm

pick what you think is the worst for me its bad day by Daniel powter and James blunt you're beautiful i think though 2 songs are some of the worst songs to come out of this decade 8-P

ugh the lyrics and there voices and just the way the song sounds makes me wanna kill my self cant believe they both went to number one

also another horrible song that i think destroyed Jennifer Lopez's music Carrier was get it right that beat in the begging is sooooooo horrible

Subject: Re: worst songs of the 2000's

Written By: nally on 01/28/09 at 5:47 pm

I think one of the worst songs of the decade has to be "Goodies" by Ciara. That whistle noise that goes up and down throughout the background drives me nuts! 8-P I don't know how anyone can stand it.

Written By: woops on 01/28/09 at 5:52 pm

About 85% of the stuff that has been popular from "Who Let The Dogs Out", "Hey There Delilah", Xtina's "Dirrty", anything BS (why is she still popular), Disney Channel garbage, most emo, tons of rap songs, and Scarlett Johansson's music fiasco  8-P

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/09 at 7:06 pm

'No Transitory' by Alexisonfire.

Take loud guitars, and a demonic voice that screams, and you get this.  I like rock music, but I don't get this

Written By: Brian06 on 01/28/09 at 10:24 pm

"Rockstar" by Nickelback is up there. I despise "Buy U A Drank" by T-Pain too.

Written By: nally on 01/28/09 at 10:25 pm

I also have to mention that there are certain cover songs of the 00s that I just cannot stand, such as:

"Heaven" by Dj Sammy et al. 8-P (originally by Bryan Adams)
"It's my Life" by No Doubt (originally by Talk Talk)...at first this one wasn't so bad IMO, but when it began to get way overplayed, I got sick of it fast
"Crazy" by Alanis (originally by Seal)...I like most of her original stuff, but I don't think she needed to pick on a decent early 90s tune
...and a few more which I might think of later

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/28/09 at 11:41 pm

I may get a lot of disagreement here, but I got tired of "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat after the over 1 million times the station played it. I also despise "Big Girls Don't Cry", and the new Jason Mraz song : I'm Yours" (the one where he has the fake Jamaican accent.)

Written By: tv on 01/29/09 at 11:06 am

Laffy Taffy by DL 4
Oops I Did It Again!, Womanizer by Britney Spears
London Bridge by Fergie
Ring the Alarm by Beyonce(Is she singing or yelling in this song?)
Between Me and You-Ja Rule featuring Christina Millian
Make It Rain-Fat Joe featuring Lil Wayne
Grillz-Nelly
Soul Survivor-Young Jeezy featunring Akon
Lonely-Akon
Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne(way overproduced and a "Mickey" by Toni Basil rip-off.)
That Bannana "Bannanza" song by Akon too.

I think of more maybe later.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/29/09 at 1:29 pm

Battle With The Bottle  Sebastian Bach, formerly of Skid Row

Hearing this song damaged me in ways only the hands of time can reveal.

Written By: yelimsexa on 01/30/09 at 8:36 am

This list is going to get LONG. Napster really ruined the 2000's. But, ANYTHING by Soulja Boy is a joke! Go on over to rateyourmusic.com and see his abnormally low scores! (0.5 is the worst!)

Written By: scottyb on 01/30/09 at 5:30 pm

heres another one Madonna's American life song that song was just bad and she should never rap in her songs but she did bounce back with Confessions On a Dance Floor

also i cant stand Toxic by Britney Spears thats gotta be one of her worst songs you cant even like dance to it there no real beat to it

also dirty by Christina Aguilera thats one of her worst songs but the album did have few other singles that were allot better

Written By: woops on 05/13/09 at 12:50 pm

"Idiot Boyfriend" Jimmy Fallon

Really, he tries to hard to be funny...

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/09 at 9:47 pm

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.  I can see how it is catchy, but when the radio plays it 10 f*cking times an hour, you start to want to go postal over it.

Written By: Night Train on 05/14/09 at 10:00 am

These songs are high up on my list...

Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On
Paris H - Stars Are Blind
Sean Paul - Temperature
Everything with Ronan Keating

Written By: Brian06 on 05/16/09 at 6:24 am

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.  I can see how it is catchy, but when the radio plays it 10 f*cking times an hour, you start to want to go postal over it.

I was never that big on this song and I loved "The Remedy" back in 2003.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/16/09 at 7:24 pm

About 85% of the stuff that has been popular from "Who Let The Dogs Out", "Hey There Delilah", Xtina's "Dirrty", anything BS (why is she still popular), Disney Channel garbage, most emo, tons of rap songs, and Scarlett Johansson's music fiasco  8-P

I can't stand Who Let the Dogs Out. I hated it.  But I do like Dirrty.  :)

Written By: Criz on 05/17/09 at 9:43 am

This list is going to get LONG. Napster really ruined the 2000's. But, ANYTHING by Soulja Boy is a joke! Go on over to rateyourmusic.com and see his abnormally low scores! (0.5 is the worst!)

I was gonna say that bloody awful Soulja Boy song - how did it get so popular?

Anything by Basshunter
Anything by Ndubz
Anything by Westlife
Anything by Paris Hilton

Written By: Brian06 on 05/18/09 at 9:14 pm

Fire Burning - Sean Kingston
Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy tell 'em

Written By: Criz on 05/19/09 at 10:16 am

Oh yeah - I forgot that Sean Kingston ever existed!! Beautiful Girls was terrible :( And he sampled an amazing track - oh the travesty!

Written By: woops on 05/21/09 at 1:07 pm

"Beautiful Girls" was hilarious  :D

Same for Amy Wihouse's "Rehab"

Written By: Midas on 05/21/09 at 2:38 pm

"Manila" - Seelenluft  8-P

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/21/09 at 10:28 pm

Anything that has an 1960s influence to it or bad retro influences.  We want some new sounds, not 1968.

Check for new replies or respond here...