inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hell's Kitchen Season 5l

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/09 at 6:25 pm

Ah I can breathe now...Gordon Ramsey is back to entertain....

yep Hells Kitchen returned thrursday and we're already off to a great start....

"Hey you Forest" *as in Gump* leads that contestant to do a spot on forest gump impersonation...

I was sort of hoping that women would have lost because that one girl (the one with no line experience) needs to go... the "cooking instructor" needs to stay on because she is comedy gold....by that I mean I can't wait to hear how Gordon will put her down next!

Subject: Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 5l

Written By: Dagwood on 01/31/09 at 7:39 pm

I was sort of hoping that women would have lost because that one girl (the one with no line experience) needs to go...

Are you talking about Lacey?  The one who thinks she is hot stuff and kept taking breaks for donuts and smokes?  She drove me nuts.  When she came up with the line about every kitchen she worked in all the women were stupid b!tches I had to laugh.  Hello, sweetheart, who is the common factor here?  She so needs to go.

Also Robert (I think that is his name), the one who said he would go up for Wil on the line because he is so good then when Ramsey asked if he would he didn't.  Wimp.

Yeah, I'm glad it's back, too. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/09 at 10:54 am

Are you talking about Lacey?  The one who thinks she is hot stuff and kept taking breaks for donuts and smokes?  She drove me nuts.  When she came up with the line about every kitchen she worked in all the women were stupid b!tches I had to laugh.  Hello, sweetheart, who is the common factor here?  She so needs to go.

Also Robert (I think that is his name), the one who said he would go up for Wil on the line because he is so good then when Ramsey asked if he would he didn't.  Wimp.

Yeah, I'm glad it's back, too. ;D

yeah...the one who wants to show america she's not just a "pretty" girl... I mean she isn't ugly but she's no barbie!  ;D

yeah Robert,  that kind of pissed me off too...  it takes me a about two weeks to learn their names!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/09 at 11:59 pm

I wonder if Gi, Ji? Gee?  whatever....  I wonder if she realized it was just a sprain and totally regretted her decision the next day?

Lacey has got to go..

and that cocky Daniel guy had GOT to cut his hair...

beard guy needs to shave....

and I LOVE LA! she's cool.... and Robert is totally funny but um... yeah  :-X

Written By: Dagwood on 02/08/09 at 8:17 am

I don't like Robert at all, but I felt bad at the stunt they pulled on him with the reward.  Bad move, Ramsey.  Made you look like a total pr!ck.

Lacey does have to go.  The twit takes a 6 hour nap instead of helping with the punishment?  How does she think that is going to keep her around.

I am bummed that Ji took herself out.  She proved she had what it takes when she did the service even though she was in serious pain.  Now who do I root for?

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 10:14 am

I don't like Robert at all, but I felt bad at the stunt they pulled on him with the reward.  Bad move, Ramsey.  Made you look like a total pr!ck.

Lacey does have to go.  The twit takes a 6 hour nap instead of helping with the punishment?  How does she think that is going to keep her around.

I am bummed that Ji took herself out.  She proved she had what it takes when she did the service even though she was in serious pain.  Now who do I root for?

I like Robert's observations... he makes me laugh... I know he uses humor to mask other things but he's still funny... I think he refers to his weight a little too much (uses it as an excuse) but my saying that is sort of like the pot calling the kettle black...

I know.... they are supposed to be a better batch of chefs.... but I don't really have a horse in the race yet... no one stands out... I'm choosing LA for now because she's the one I'd wanna be friends with (out of that group) in real life  ;D

Okay- so is it wrong that I laugh everytime Gordon picks on the "cooking instructor"?  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/08/09 at 1:57 pm

No, it cracks me up too. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 2:07 pm

No, it cracks me up too. ;D

whew!

I tell you what! If I paid $300 for her class and then saw that she couldn't cook salmon (heck- even I can cook salmon) I would immediately demand my refund!  Now if she wins the whole thing (highly unlikely) I'd say I got a bargain!  ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/09/09 at 12:42 am

If you haven't seen Little Gordon Ramsey, take a look.  The clips are hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZqwR9tbJE

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/09 at 6:36 pm

What the heck...Ben's ego was writing checks his 'skillz' could not cash... dude if you're gonna call someone out to that degree you really need to make sure you can back that shyt up!

Next week oughta be really interesting.

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/09 at 8:11 pm

what the hell? how does Lacey keep skating by?

and by the way Lacey.... you're not a bitch at all... you're a whiny bitch!  >:(

NO FRIGGIN' WAY SHE CAN RUN HER OWN KITCHEN!

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/09 at 8:12 pm

oh and andrea or carol... I can't decide who is closest to being right...  they both have issues. 

Written By: NbC on 03/22/09 at 5:06 am

and by the way Lacey.... you're not a bitch at all... you're a whiny bitch!  >:(

I am sure she is kept there for the drama she creates.  Not that Gordon Ramsey doesn't create enough drama on his own.  He gets my blood pressure going up whenever he attacks those people during a service.  Sometimes it is hard to take, yet I still watch. 

And I might add, she is a whiny, lazy bitch.  She even has a lazy sound to her voice. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/09 at 9:47 am

I am sure she is kept there for the drama she creates.  Not that Gordon Ramsey doesn't create enough drama on his own.  He gets my blood pressure going up whenever he attacks those people during a service.  Sometimes it is hard to take, yet I still watch. 

And I might add, she is a whiny, lazy bitch.  She even has a lazy sound to her voice. 

you nailed it. 

I know what mean about Gordon... one part of me loves it when he yells. another part gets nervous because you know it just effs them up more and then there's the third part that wonders how much the customers can actually hear and what they are thinking.  I know they go in there knowing what to expect but its got to be different live.... I so want to go eat in Hell's Kitchen....

Written By: karen on 03/26/09 at 9:12 pm

Did anyone see this weeks?

I know they go in there knowing what to expect but its got to be different live.... I so want to go eat in Hell's Kitchen....

I was just saying to Dai I don't know if I'd want to.  In the early weelks you don't know if you'd even get a meal!

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/09 at 11:05 pm

I was just saying to Dai I don't know if I'd want to.  In the early weelks you don't know if you'd even get a meal!

of course I did... FINALLY! What took Chef so long...

karen I don't carry a purse but I would going into Hell's Kitchen...then I would totally be the customer pulling sandwiches and other picnic crap out of the bag if the food took too long...think of the camera time and the announcer...."the customers have taken dining into there own hands as on diner hands out sandwiches to her friends and the tables around her"  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/27/09 at 7:44 am

I watched and cheered as Lacey left.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. ;D

I would go, just to say I'd been.  I wouldn't plan on actually being served, though. :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/27/09 at 7:45 am

karen I don't carry a purse but I would going into Hell's Kitchen...then I would totally be the customer pulling sandwiches and other picnic crap out of the bag if the food took too long...think of the camera time and the announcer...."the customers have taken dining into there own hands as on diner hands out sandwiches to her friends and the tables around her"  ;D

Or the customer that ordered pizza. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/09 at 11:41 am

Or the customer that ordered pizza. ;D

yeah... like that!  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/27/09 at 4:45 pm

I haven't been watching consistently this season, but enough to be happy that Lacey went home.  I'm a little sad that he send LA home, she seemed alright and I thought Carol should have gone instead, but then again I haven't been watching the whole season. 

I might like to go eat there just to try all this food I've never heard of (Lol)  Actually I would just like to meet Gordon Ramsey NOT on the show and learn how to cook from him.  When he's not being the butthole he has to be for HK, he actually's kinda charming and funny.  Did you guys see when he was on Jay Leno?  And he was trying to teach Jay & Dustin Hoffman how to cook something really easy and just laughing his butt off cuz they were so clueless.  lol

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/09 at 4:46 pm

I haven't been watching consistently this season, but enough to be happy that Lacey went home.  I'm a little sad that he send LA home, she seemed alright and I thought Carol should have gone instead, but then again I haven't been watching the whole season. 

I might like to go eat there just to try all this food I've never heard of (Lol)  Actually I would just like to meet Gordon Ramsey NOT on the show and learn how to cook from him.  When he's not being the butthole he has to be for HK, he actually's kinda charming and funny.  Did you guys see when he was on Jay Leno?  And he was trying to teach Jay & Dustin Hoffman how to cook something really easy and just laughing his butt off cuz they were so clueless.  lol

I love Gordon...he's a cuddly bear!

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/09 at 10:47 pm

aw man... I've been seriously lagging... anyway... I am so happy Ben is gone... the man was supposedly an executive Chef but he talked so much smack and had ZERO skills to back his game...

I see Paula and DAnny in the finals... um I like Paula better mostly because Danny's hair annoys the crap out of me.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 5:25 pm

Yeah so mo surprise andrea went home. She started off strong but crumbled under the pressure.

Written By: karen on 05/15/09 at 12:46 pm

Did anyone see the last one?

Who won?

I was busy and forgot it was the finale - I turned on and caught the last 30 seconds or so...  There was streamers falling from the ceiling and lots of hugging and kissing but I couldn't tell which one won, the camera focussed on them equally.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/09 at 7:50 pm

Danny won.  It was kind of a boring episode.  Lacey and Andrea had a melt down.  It was close, but Danny got it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/09 at 8:29 pm

Did anyone see the last one?

Who won?

I was busy and forgot it was the finale - I turned on and caught the last 30 seconds or so...  There was streamers falling from the ceiling and lots of hugging and kissing but I couldn't tell which one won, the camera focussed on them equally.  :-\\

You should hulu it...

Danny won.  It was kind of a boring episode.  Lacey and Andrea had a melt down.  It was close, but Danny got it.

I'm sad I really liked Paula... I thought she would pull it off... she got screwed... or screwed herself perhaps...not necessarily by picking andrea but by putting Andrea on fish... she's always screwed up fish...she could handle the garnish and Lacey probably wouldn't screw meat since Lamb wasn't on the menu  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...