inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bonnie and Clyde remake

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 9:01 pm

WTF... Hilary Duff as Bonnie Parker?  I gotta agree with Faye Dunaway here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Vf6hMYn88&feature=related

you know what? Hilary totally just made Fayes point for her !  ;D

Subject: Re: Bonnie and Clyde remake

Written By: Jessica on 02/10/09 at 9:06 pm

Hilary Duff needs to take her horse teefs and gallop away from this remake before *I* get a wire hanger and beat her ass.

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 9:20 pm

Hilary Duff needs to take her horse teefs and gallop away from this remake before *I* get a wire hanger and beat her ass.

;D  & karma

Written By: Mookey on 02/10/09 at 9:47 pm

Not a fan of Hilary Duff, but give her a chance.

Remember, Jodie Foster started out in bad Disney movies.

Not saying Duff is great, but who knows...

Though I doubt it...

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 10:27 pm

Not a fan of Hilary Duff, but give her a chance.

Remember, Jodie Foster started out in bad Disney movies.

Not saying Duff is great, but who knows...

Though I doubt it...

yeah but Jodie can actually act! That was apparent long before she did taxi driver....show me anything that Hilary has actually acted in?

Written By: Mookey on 02/10/09 at 10:47 pm

I didn't say Duff was a good actress, though I never saw any of her films.

BTW, not a film buff, but it's worth giving other celebs a chance

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/09 at 11:14 pm

I didn't say Duff was a good actress, though I never saw any of her films.

BTW, not a film buff, but it's worth giving other celebs a chance

I have seen enough of her work to know she will not be able to pull this off.

HERE'S HER IMDB ENTRY.....  with great embarrassment I will now admit exactly what crappy duff projects I have endured.... see the stuff colored brown.....brown for shyt  ;D
NOT YET RELEASED
# The Story of Bonnie and Clyde (2010) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Bonnie Parker
# Stay Cool (2009) (post-production) .... Shasta O'Neil
# Foodfight! (2009) (completed) (voice) .... Sunshine Goodness
# Greta (2009) (completed) .... Greta
# Safety Glass (2008) (completed) .... Lucy

# War, Inc. (2008) .... Yonica Babyyeah
# Material Girls (2006) .... Tanzie Marchetta
# Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005) .... Lorraine Baker
# The Perfect Man (2005) .... Holly Hamilton
# "George Lopez" .... Kenzie / ... (2 episodes, 2003-2005)

- George's Grand Slam (2005) TV episode .... Kenzie
  - Team Leader (2003) TV episode .... Stephanie
# "Joan of Arcadia" .... Dylan Samuels (1 episode, 2005)
    - The Rise & Fall of Joan Girardi (2005) TV episode .... Dylan Samuels

# In Search of Santa (2004) (V) (voice) .... Crystal
# Raise Your Voice (2004) .... Teresa 'Terri' Fletcher
# A Cinderella Story (2004) .... Sam Montgomery

# "Lizzie McGuire" .... Lizzie McGuire (65 episodes, 2001-2004)
# "Frasier" .... Britney (1 episode, 2004)
    - Frasier-Lite (2004) TV episode (voice) .... Britney
# Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) .... Lorraine Baker
# "American Dreams" .... Shangri-Las (1 episode, 2003)
    - Change a Comin (2003) TV episode .... Shangri-Las
# The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003) .... Lizzie / Isabella
# Agent Cody Banks (2003) .... Natalie Connors
... aka Agent Cody Banks, L' (Canada: French title)
# Cadet Kelly (2002) (TV) .... Kelly

# Human Nature (2001) .... Young Lila Jute
... aka Human Nature (France) (USA)
# "Chicago Hope" .... Jessie Seldon (1 episode, 2000)
    - Cold Hearts (2000) TV episode .... Jessie Seldon
# The Soul Collector (1999) (TV) .... Ellie
# Casper Meets Wendy (1998) (TV) .... Wendy

# "Chiquititas" .... Tati Silva (1 episode, 1998)
... aka Tiny Angels (International: English title)
    - Episode #4.1 (1998) TV episode .... Tati Silva

Written By: gibbo on 02/11/09 at 2:50 am

Hey....I liked Agent Cody Banks!!!!  >:(  Anjie Harmon was HOT in those skintight jump siuts!  ::)

I'll give Hilary the benefit of the doubt. It will also depend on who the director is (and the script writers).

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 3:16 pm

Hey....I liked Agent Cody Banks!!!!  >:(   Anjie Harmon was HOT in those skintight jump siuts!  ::)

I'll give Hilary the benefit of the doubt. It will also depend on who the director is (and the script writers).

but would call what hil did in that film acting?  ;D 

If she hits it out of the park I will be the first one to say I was wrong but I would be lying if I said I was willing to withhold judgment and go in without any preconceived ideas.

Written By: Tia on 02/11/09 at 3:28 pm

she was good in "war inc.," a totally underrated film.

as for bonnie and clyde, i'ma give it a big miss. not cuz of duff, she actually doesn't suck, but because the movie simply does not need to be remade.

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/09 at 3:31 pm

she was good in "war inc.," a totally underrated film.

as for bonnie and clyde, i'ma give it a big miss. not cuz of duff, she actually doesn't suck, but because the movie simply does not need to be remade.

It's coming up on my queue, and I'll shamelessly admit I'm only wanting to see it because John Cusack is in it.  If he still lived in Chicago, *I'D* be the crazy lady getting arrested for stalking him.

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 3:34 pm

It's coming up on my queue, and I'll shamelessly admit I'm only wanting to see it because John Cusack is in it.  If he still lived in Chicago, *I'D* be the crazy lady getting arrested for stalking him.

Haven't seen war inc.... but I will at some point

and you and me both!

Written By: Tia on 02/11/09 at 3:41 pm

i'm looking at the reviews for it on rotten tomatoes, a lot of people didn't understand it, i don't think. it got billed as a black comedy about the iraq war and so people go into it immediately thinking 'but the iraq war isn't funny' and so either criticize it for not being funny enough because it's about the iraq war or for being TOO funny so that it's disrespectful because it's about the iraq war. but it's cool, it's more of an absurdist psychodrama disguised as a black comedy. don't expect a bunch of laugh-out-loud moments but there are some.

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/09 at 4:13 pm

i'm looking at the reviews for it on rotten tomatoes, a lot of people didn't understand it, i don't think. it got billed as a black comedy about the iraq war and so people go into it immediately thinking 'but the iraq war isn't funny' and so either criticize it for not being funny enough because it's about the iraq war or for being TOO funny so that it's disrespectful because it's about the iraq war. but it's cool, it's more of an absurdist psychodrama disguised as a black comedy. don't expect a bunch of laugh-out-loud moments but there are some.

I heard it was sort of similar to Grosse Pointe Blank, but that's kind of a longshot because GPB was a black comedy.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/12/09 at 12:06 pm

Not another Remake, we had enough! 8-P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/12/09 at 12:41 pm

Not another Remake, we had enough! 8-P

I agree.  I am generally against remakes of any movie.  I don't care who stars in them. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/09 at 12:44 pm

Who is due to direct the movie?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/09 at 6:04 pm

Duff schmuff.  We don't have actors in Hollywood much anymore, just entertainers and the hot-or-not mentality.

I imagine the remake will be:

a. Over-sexualized.
b. Full of Quentin Tarantino-style violence which was shocking in 1992 but is now cliche.

::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/09 at 6:08 pm

Who is due to direct the movie?

Writer & Director Tonya S. Holly....she has written & directed all three of her projects... the other two I've never heard of...

1. The Story of Bonnie and Clyde (2010) (pre-production)

2. When I Find the Ocean (2006)
  3. The Mirror (2003)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/09 at 3:44 am

Writer & Director Tonya S. Holly....she has written & directed all three of her projects... the other two I've never heard of...

1. The Story of Bonnie and Clyde (2010) (pre-production)

2. When I Find the Ocean (2006)
   3. The Mirror (2003)
Never heard of her!

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 3:17 pm

Never heard of her!

Yeah I meant to say that... I've never heard of her nor the other works she's done.

Written By: Lindee on 02/13/09 at 8:15 pm

I agree.  I am generally against remakes of any movie.  I don't care who stars in them. 

Leave the classic movies alone! No more bad remakes!

Written By: Tia on 02/14/09 at 3:02 am

it's funny because i used to say even if they make bad remakes or sequels to originally great movies, at least the original movie remains unchanged. but a few months ago i watched the original star wars, unretouched version, and it looked different to me, i kept seeing the stupid stuff he would do later from ewoks through jar jar and so on in some of the half-cool, half-goofy stuff in the original star wars -- like guido with his vacuum nose and the stupid lines like "let the wookie win" and "get this furry walking carpet out of my way" and C3P0's little mincing around effeminate british robot thing... i saw the phantom menace hidden in the original new hope, struggling to get out. and now even the first movie looks all goofy and george-lucas-y to me.

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 10:22 am

it's funny because i used to say even if they make bad remakes or sequels to originally great movies, at least the original movie remains unchanged. but a few months ago i watched the original star wars, unretouched version, and it looked different to me, i kept seeing the stupid stuff he would do later from ewoks through jar jar and so on in some of the half-cool, half-goofy stuff in the original star wars -- like guido with his vacuum nose and the stupid lines like "let the wookie win" and "get this furry walking carpet out of my way" and C3P0's little mincing around effeminate british robot thing... i saw the phantom menace hidden in the original new hope, struggling to get out. and now even the first movie looks all goofy and george-lucas-y to me.

that happened to me.  After watching Phantom Menace I wanted to revisit the "first" three to see why I didn't understand the "politics" of the film and just found myself board. I totally slept through Eps 4, 5 & 6  so even tho I saw 2 & 3 I didn't love the story anymore....

Check for new replies or respond here...