inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American Idol '09

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 5:12 pm

QueenAmenRa  will probably show up in two weeks and start a similar topic but I don't want to wait....

I hate to admit it but judging from last nights auditions they definitely have better singers right now....

that Tatyana chick is nuts...in fact she makes Kathy Bates in Misery look perfectly normal!  ;D

Subject: Re: American Idol '09

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/09 at 6:58 pm

I hope they make Tatiana go away tonight.  I couldn't handle even one week of her laugh, let alone the fear of her making it far in the competition.  My head would explode.

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 7:00 pm

I hope they make Tatiana go away tonight.  I couldn't handle even one week of her laugh, let alone the fear of her making it far in the competition.  My head would explode.

Sherri Shepherd compared her to Anna Nicole Smith.... I'm hoping Joel McHale caught it and runs a comparison clip for me!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/09 at 7:01 pm

Sherri Shepherd compared her to Anna Nicole Smith.... I'm hoping Joel McHale caught it and runs a comparison clip for me!  ;D

I saw that and it fit perfectly.  She has got to be on something.

I feel like I am stalking you or something, I keep posting behind you. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 7:02 pm

I saw that and it fit perfectly.  She has got to be on something.

I feel like I am stalking you or something, I keep posting behind you. ;D

better you than an actual frog!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 7:14 pm

oh.... a sing off! yeah now things are getting interesting!

Written By: EthanM on 02/11/09 at 7:18 pm

I had the it's not good news it's great news predicted since they first showed the first part of it. They're getting a bit predictable with that kind of thing

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/09 at 7:24 pm

I had the it's not good news it's great news predicted since they first showed the first part of it. They're getting a bit predictable with that kind of thing

aw it's been predictable in that way since season 2  or if you were really paying attention...around ep 6 of season 1  ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/13/09 at 6:48 am

Someone from Guam actually made it to the Hollywood rounds on this season's American Idol.  Pretty cool considering how tiny this island is.  But for the life of me I don't recall seeing her on any of the American Idol episodes. 

I couldn't believe that Tatiana made it.  She is such a joke. 

Nor can I believe that "Norman Gentle" made it to the Top 36.  He is entertaining and funny but is he right for American Idol.  I am interested to see what he does with the challenges. 

Written By: EthanM on 02/13/09 at 7:30 am

Nor can I believe that "Norman Gentle" made it to the Top 36.  He is entertaining and funny but is he right for American Idol.  I am interested to see what he does with the challenges. 

I think the judges are too and that's why they put him through. Vote for the worst is probably going to be very active from the start of the top 36.

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/09 at 9:01 am

Tatiana sure is annoying, but man oh man is she ever cute. 

LyricBoy:  "I'd party with her"

lol

Written By: Midas on 02/13/09 at 9:07 am

Tatiana sure is annoying, but man oh man is she ever cute. 

LyricBoy:  "I'd party with her"

lol

Bring the duct tape.

I too was surprised by some of the people they passed through.  :P

Any early predictions?  My top picks are Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds and Adam Lambert.  Although I think it would be funny to see Norman Gentle/Nick Mitchell get to Top 5 :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 3:08 pm

Someone from Guam actually made it to the Hollywood rounds on this season's American Idol.  Pretty cool considering how tiny this island is.  But for the life of me I don't recall seeing her on any of the American Idol episodes. 

I couldn't believe that Tatiana made it.  She is such a joke. 

I fear Norman Gentile is going to be Sanjaya all over again...he'll make it  not because he should but because people will think its funny to vote for him.

Yeah- no way tatiana deserves to be on the show...she is a whack job and seriously needs to tone it down  I hope she gets voted out before we make it to the top 12!

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 3:13 pm

did ganga boy's (Jason Castro's) brother make it through? I was only half paying attention to Hollywood week. 

Written By: EthanM on 02/13/09 at 4:54 pm

I don't remember seeing anyone named castro being passed through

Nick/norman seems a bit too one dimensional as a singer to have a real chance although we won't know for sure until we see him try to sing pop songs.

I think Scott McIntryre (blind piano player) is going to get a lot of support

Alexis Grace sounds like a pop star name to me, and I think she's got a good chance of doing well

There could also be some very good singers that haven't gotten much attention

Written By: Midas on 02/13/09 at 5:46 pm

did ganga boy's (Jason Castro's) brother make it through? I was only half paying attention to Hollywood week. 

He got the axe when they whittled down to 54 contestants.  He was in the room that got sent home.

Too bad.  He was better than his brother in the early audition.

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 5:55 pm

He got the axe when they whittled down to 54 contestants.  He was in the room that got sent home.

Too bad.  He was better than his brother in the early audition.

oh okay.... hell I sing better than his brother  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/09 at 7:48 pm

Bring the duct tape.

The way she was screaming after they put her through to the live shows, I don't think duct tape would hold LOL

I tuned in and heard her screaming before I looked, and I swear to god, it sounded like she was having sex ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/14/09 at 3:23 am

Any early predictions?  My top picks are Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds and Adam Lambert. 

The two guys are my favorites so far.  None of the girls have stood out for me yet. 

Written By: Satish on 02/14/09 at 3:15 pm

What's the deal with them adding that fourth judge Kara for this season? They're angling to get rid of Paula, aren't they! They must have realized she was dead weight after that whole bit last year when she thought there were two performances instead of one!  ;D

I guess I can see where they're coming from. Of the four on-screen show personnel(Ryan, Simon, Randy, Paula), I always thought she was the weakest one!

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 4:45 pm

What's the deal with them adding that fourth judge Kara for this season? They're angling to get rid of Paula, aren't they! They must have realized she was dead weight after that whole bit last year when she thought there were two performances instead of one!  ;D

I guess I can see where they're coming from. Of the four on-screen show personnel(Ryan, Simon, Randy, Paula), I always thought she was the weakest one!

handls dow one fo the funniest moments on idol ever.... I don't feel you sang with as much passion in your second song.... yeah.. so she totally slams the other guy without even trying.  ;D 

I kind of like Kara- she's feisty!

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/09 at 7:02 pm

They probably liked the Canadian Idol format of 4 judges and want to try they hand at it

Kara certainly is much better looking than Jake Gold ;D

Written By: tv on 02/16/09 at 1:50 pm

I'm not a fan of the show at all but I did read that Paula was probably influential in bring Kara onboard to American Idol. Kara met Paula at a NYC diner. Paula was just eating lunch and and kara asked are you Paula Abdul and Paula said yeah. So Paula sat down with her and Kara showed Paula some songs she was working on and the rest was history......

Written By: EthanM on 02/18/09 at 7:36 pm

I'm calling Danny standing next to Tatiana in twenty minutes with one of them making it to the finals.

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 12:07 am

I'm calling Danny standing next to Tatiana in twenty minutes with one of them making it to the finals.

you called it! and thank god they made the right decision!  ::)

Dang man not only did Paula give that chick her ring I think she also shared her drugs.....WTF was up with Tatiana and her obsession with her hair.... I swear, when Stevie was talking and they pulled back for the wide shot, it looked like tatiana was swatting at something invisible....and yeah- maybe there was a fly or moth there but you know what- its her fault for acting all weird to begin with.... she should not get a wildcard spot!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/09 at 7:45 am

I hope she doesn't get a wildcard, she scares me.  After they announced Danny would move on, she had a look on her face like she was about to pull out a knife and do some serious harm. 

Written By: EthanM on 02/19/09 at 8:14 am

She had her head in her hands, and when she lifted them a few seconds later her eyes and cheeks looked completely dry.

My wild card vote for that group would be Anoop.

Written By: Midas on 02/19/09 at 8:55 am

Dang man not only did Paula give that chick her ring I think she also shared her drugs...

;D

I will admit I thought Tatiana sounded better than oil-rigger Mike, but she had a couple of things working against her:

- she's annoying
- she's crazy and had a lot of drama early on
- she's annoying
- she takes on big songs but doesn't really do anything to make them her own
- she's annoying

Anoop can sing but he hasn't totally stood out.  He may get a wildcard but I don't see him as this year's winner.

That being said, I think it'd be a hoot if Nick Mitchell got passed through next week along with Adam Lambert and the girl that sings best :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 2:54 pm

I hope she doesn't get a wildcard, she scares me.  After they announced Danny would move on, she had a look on her face like she was about to pull out a knife and do some serious harm. 

I was trying to find a clip of her to show a friend and came across an interview she does with some guy- look I am not learning their names until we get down to 12 (its just not worth the brain space)  maybe his name was keith or kent.  anyway- she's sitting in such a way that her chest is arcing out...it looks completely unnatural.  then she barely pays attention while he's talking...  and people call me an attention whore  ;D

Written By: Kylie on 02/19/09 at 3:35 pm

humans who watch American Idol have no life of their own

GET A LIFE!!!

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 3:37 pm

GET A LIFE!!!

BITE ME!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/09 at 3:59 pm

BITE ME!

;D I owe you karma

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 4:01 pm

;D I owe you karma

thx I owe you a hit back.  I could defend my position but why? anyone who really wanted to debate would become a member not hide like a chicken as a guest!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/09 at 4:03 pm

And, seriously, who needs a life?  Those of us who watch it or those that it bothers so bad they have to call us losers for watching it? ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 4:06 pm

And, seriously, who needs a life?  Those of us who watch it or those that it bothers so bad they have to call us losers for watching it? ;)

now I owe you double karma!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/19/09 at 5:04 pm

I'm soooo glad that Tatiana is out!  Man, she was so annoying!  :P

Shame that Jackie Tohn was sent home...I really liked her voice!  :-\\

Danny Gokey definitely deserves to be in the Top 3, IMHO...he's very good!  8)

And like many of you, I'm very curious to see what this 'Norman Gentle' fellow is gonna bring to the show!  He's such a kick!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 5:07 pm

my only fear is that the producers will bring her back because she's the one person everyone is talking about.... heck- I even know her name...that means something at this stage.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/19/09 at 5:08 pm

my only fear is that the producers will bring her back because she's the one person everyone is talking about.... heck- I even know her name...that means something at this stage.

The reason people are talking about her is because they can't stand her!  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 5:10 pm

The reason people are talking about her is because they can't stand her!  8-P

true but they talk about her. They have talked about her on the soup and on the view. that means, if they continue to talk about her people will tune in....

I lay odds they give her a wildcard spot. 

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/09 at 5:38 pm

I'm afraid you may be right, Snoz.  Hopefully if that happens, she is out first in the finals. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 5:59 pm

I'm afraid you may be right, Snoz.  Hopefully if that happens, she is out first in the finals. 

hopefully!  the producers can pull all the stunts they want but I hope America has the good sense to get her out!

Written By: NbC on 02/20/09 at 6:00 am

She deserves to be booted out but she was so entertaining to watch.   ;D  ;D  What a Drama Queen!!!! 
She is the next William Hung who can actually sing.  ;)

He is really good.  I noticed from the start that he actually puts his own flavor into the songs he selects.

And like many of you, I'm very curious to see what this 'Norman Gentle' fellow is gonna bring to the show!  He's such a kick!  :D

He is the one I hope stays on for a while.  Just to see what he will come up with for the challenges.  You can't help but like him.   ;)

Written By: Midas on 02/20/09 at 8:13 am

GET A LIFE!!!

oOo, a guest Troll that's hungry!

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 1:21 pm

oOo, a guest Troll that's hungry!

more like a chicken who didn't have the b*lls to stick around and battle it out.

Written By: Midas on 02/20/09 at 2:31 pm

more like a chicken who didn't have the b*lls to stick around and battle it out.

Don't mess with the snoz, you'll get a kick in the berries! :D

Written By: Paul on 02/20/09 at 2:41 pm

Shame that Jackie Tohn was sent home...I really liked her voice!  :-\\

You entering for next year, young Karen? I think you should!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 2:41 pm

Don't mess with the snoz, you'll get a kick in the berries! :D

;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/09 at 3:01 pm

You entering for next year, young Karen? I think you should!  ;)

Oh, I'm afraid I'm way too old to be an American Idol, Paul!  ;)

Written By: Paul on 02/20/09 at 3:02 pm

Oh, I'm afraid I'm way too old to be an American Idol, Paul!  ;)

Says who?  >:(

Anyway, that sort of rule could be construed as 'ageist'!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 3:07 pm

Says who?  >:(

Anyway, that sort of rule could be construed as 'ageist'!  ::)

at least they expanded the cut off age from 24 to 29

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/09 at 3:17 pm

at least they expanded the cut off age from 24 to 29

True...but that doesn't help the forty-somethings!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/09 at 8:54 pm

I am typing this as they sing... and I hope to beat the judges comments. If I say something the judges say...please know I typed my response first.

1 The first singer was okay- I like the Coldplay song but I already don't remember the performance-

2 The bartender chick was horrible. She had to come out stronger....she didn't! Nice try.....

3 I don't think Nick's father likes Norman very much...  ;D  the guy is funny but he doesn't take the thing seriously...it would be a disaster if he won...I'd love to see him get a Comedy Central special or a show on TBS out of this tho....

4 Wow...she's articulate for 16  ::) did anyone bother to tell her that this is a live show and she's supposed to win over America with her personality? yeah... I don't think so either.  Now let's hear how she sings... what's up with the way she says Alone?  what's up with all the people over performing...with the gestures and the faces? Is it because they think they're competing with Norman Gentile?  plus... why is she screaming? I'm not really that impressed with this performance....  Guess the judges disagree with me... :-\\

5 His voice quality was okay but Man in the Mirror...how boring can you get!

6 she's got some pitch problems but she was the first one to come out and just sing....so she's my favorite  oh crap.... I Was playing in the arcade at the start of her song and just listened...but then I looked at her...now why did she have to make those faces and do that movement at the end.  Still like her better than the others.

7 I take it back.... he is the best singer of the night....so far! Simon's crazy... my signal keeps cutting out did they all hate it? I heard Randy say he was boring.... dude whatever....he sounded good.

8  My sattellite signal is gone so I have to watch the rest of the show at east coast time...

Written By: Tam on 02/25/09 at 9:19 pm

4 Wow...she's articulate for 16   ::) did anyone bother to tell her that this is a live show and she's supposed to win over America with her personality? yeah... I don't think so either.  Now let's hear how she sings... what's up with the way she says Alone?  what's up with all the people over performing...with the gestures and the faces? Is it because they think they're competing with Norman Gentile?  plus... why is she screaming? I'm not really that impressed with this performance....  Guess the judges disagree with me... :-\\

Allison nailed it Girl.
For 16 her vocals are amazing... and you are right tho - her personality is a bit wonky.

I liked Kris' version of Man in the Mirror... dunno why. Shoot me! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/09 at 9:56 pm

Allison nailed it Girl.
For 16 her vocals are amazing... and you are right tho - her personality is a bit wonky.

I liked Kris' version of Man in the Mirror... dunno why. Shoot me! ;D

BANG!  ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/26/09 at 6:57 am

Adam Lambert!  Boy can he sing.  There were some really weird parts but he is very talented.  I can see him being a lead singer for a band not really as a solo act. 

Mishavonna and Megan were my favorites of the girls this round. Megan had some odd moves during her performance but I liked the sound of her voice.  Different.

Written By: Midas on 02/26/09 at 8:53 am

Adam Lambert!  Boy can he sing.  There were some really weird parts but he is very talented.  I can see him being a lead singer for a band not really as a solo act. 

Mishavonna and Megan were my favorites of the girls this round. Megan had some odd moves during her performance but I liked the sound of her voice.  Different.

Lambert blew everyone else away last night.

Top females were Allison, Megan & Mishavonna with Jesse a little behind.  It will be interesting to see which three get through tonight.

I also think that they should just include Nick/Norman for a bit part in the Season 8 tour.  I was laughing throughout his entire performance last night.  It doesn't hurt that he's not a terrible singer either.  He's entertaining. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 12:11 am

still not learning names until we get an official top twelve...so I have no idea who the people you guys just mentioned are  ;D 

sorry Tam I listened to that girl again...the 16 year old she sucked...sorry I think eveyone should do what I do and listen to the performance don't watch it...its a whole different experience if you listen only!

Written By: robby76 on 02/27/09 at 4:19 am

I am watching and have my faves, but not commenting in depth until the top 12. See you in a week or two.  ;)

Written By: robby76 on 02/27/09 at 4:37 am

Oh what the hell... may as well add my 2 cents worth.

"Man In The Mirror" guy was very average, but his looks got him through. I have hopes for him as he's likeable.

Best male singer so far that's got through is Danny. Thing is there's something about him that really irks me, so I'm not a fan at all.

Allison sang Heart beautifully - great stuff! She may be a bit too rock chic for me, but we'll see if she diversifies.

Written By: Midas on 02/27/09 at 8:45 am

still not learning names until we get an official top twelve...so I have no idea who the people you guys just mentioned are  ;D 

sorry Tam I listened to that girl again...the 16 year old she sucked...sorry I think eveyone should do what I do and listen to the performance don't watch it...its a whole different experience if you listen only!

I sometimes listen with my eyes shut to see if I can imagine them singing on the radio.

It'll be interesting to see who the wild cards are.

Next week?  I'm hoping Lil Rounds doesn't disappoint.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/09 at 10:44 am

I sometimes listen with my eyes shut to see if I can imagine them singing on the radio.

Me too.... Lil Rounds...

I guess its gonna be a repeat of last year- me hating on the 16 year old against the rest of the world. I'm not countiing the girl out but I still thought that performance was horribly out of tune.... what you guys call rock I call bad singing  ;D

Written By: Midas on 02/27/09 at 10:52 am

Me too.... Lil Rounds...

I guess its gonna be a repeat of last year- me hating on the 16 year old against the rest of the world. I'm not countiing the girl out but I still thought that performance was horribly out of tune.... what you guys call rock I call bad singing  ;D

;D

It was a toss-up between her, Megan and Mishavonna.  Tough choice.  Maybe the two others will get a wildcard spot.

Or Nick Mitchell. :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/27/09 at 5:04 pm

I'd love to see Jackie Tohn be given a second chance...I thought she was an awesome singer!  :)

You gotta love her name! 8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/27/09 at 5:05 pm

I agree!  ;)

Written By: NbC on 02/28/09 at 6:20 am

I did as you suggested, listen without looking at the performance during the Finalist Chosen episode and Allison did not sound as good as I had first thought. Maybe because everyone else before her was so BAD.  ;D  I still think Mishavonna has a better voice.  Her only problem was she was bland.  Oh well. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/09 at 10:23 am

I did as you suggested, listen without looking at the performance during the Finalist Chosen episode and Allison did not sound as good as I had first thought. Maybe because everyone else before her was so BAD.   ;D  I still think Mishavonna has a better voice.  Her only problem was she was bland.  Oh well. 

YAY! someone listened to me!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bounce4.gif 

Yeah- I tend to listen to them sing then look at them...that way I judge on voice first- appearance & mannerisms second

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/09 at 11:06 pm

Number one sounds (and looks) like a boy band boy... but I still like him better than most from last week...
oh that's Vaughn....he was on the View a year or two ago.

2) oh...Alicia Keys....just say no- see.....now I have to judge her harshly!  >:(  WTF is up with her enunciating every freaking syllable?  How the eff did she manage to make such a great some so boring?  Ooh...someone gotta try and bring the dress & pants back  ;D  Oh oh... recycling songs is never good.

3) The song sucked... I like the kid tho. he's kind of goofy/funny.

4) ABBA! What? I like her voice- the arrangement is weird...like they tried to punch it for the 21st century but still trying to make it recognizable..... but stilll she's better than that annoying one Tam liked from last week  ;)

5) he can sing but I know at least 15 people who sing like him... some of them better...he's a singer but no idol.  Still enjoying this week way more than last week!

6)  I'm starting to get bored.... but still better than last week.... looking like your mum styled you- Simon makes me laugh.

7) this is just some bad performance from some cheesy 80's late night variety gold.... Actually he looks like an evacuee from the Solid Gold Refugee Camp or something!  ;D

8) No One (one of my favorite songs right now!)  wow....she's reallly good... she looks good, she sounds good (oh her voice just cracked) but still- there is no over performing, no over singing.... right now she's my fav from the last three weeks...but Lil Rounds hasn't gone yet....

9)  he sounds nice too..... okay I'm just going to be honest... I would rather watch all 12 of these people in the finals than anyone currently going and we haven't even hit the last three.    ;D

10)  I hate her dress....sorry I've been dying to type that since the opening. its country so I faast forwarded it but not before I could hear she had an okay voice.... apparently she was flat- but not the part I heard... Paula likes that ugly assed dress  ::)

11)  yeah I'm calling this twelve better than the last 24 (more or less....mostly more!)  he's kind of hot!  Thanks simon now that he's taken your advice you tell him not to change.

12~ lil rounds...guess they knew we were waiting for her huh?    she sounds like an R&B star.  that was pretty awesome!  look at simon's face!  8)

Written By: Midas on 03/04/09 at 12:03 pm

Lil Rounds nailed it last night, again blowing everyone else away for last night's round.  I think the producers purposely have saved the best for last for the past three weeks.

Felicia Barton did a good job and stepped up her image in the process.

Best guy - hard to choose.  I know it's not Von, Nate or the dude that sang Elton John.  So that leaves Ju'Not, Jorge & Scott.

Still wondering which three wildcards will round out the Top 12...guess we find out tomorrow, right?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/04/09 at 1:49 pm

Loved Lil Rounds!  I think she did the best out of all the girls!  8)

As for the guys, I think I like Scott McIntyre best out of this group!  He has a good voice and seems very genuine!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/05/09 at 4:09 am

Lil Rounds!!!! WooT

Crp....like I remember these people well enough to even know who they are for wildcards...

I only remember Vaughn because he was on the View....

crap someone's gonna pick Tatyana... I almost forgot about her...  DAMN I knew they were gonna do this to me!  >:(

Written By: NbC on 03/05/09 at 5:45 am

Loved Lil Rounds!  I think she did the best out of all the girls!  8)

As for the guys, I think I like Scott McIntyre best out of this group!  He has a good voice and seems very genuine!  :)

Scott is adorable.  Not the best vocals but he is just too cute.  I just want to stuff him into my pocket and keep him there for safe keeping.  ;D

I never noticed Lil Rounds before but she is very good.  Probably be one of the Top 3. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/05/09 at 5:58 am

Scott is adorable.  Not the best vocals but he is just too cute.  I just want to stuff him into my pocket and keep him there for safe keeping.   ;D

I never noticed Lil Rounds before but she is very good.  Probably be one of the Top 3.   

That's how I feel about Ross the Intern!  ;D 

Written By: snozberries on 03/05/09 at 8:47 pm

top 13... I knew they were going to give each judge one vote..... THANK GOD TATYANA was not one of them!!!! I just want to kiss them!

Written By: NbC on 03/06/09 at 7:34 am

That's how I feel about Ross the Intern!  ;D 

And he can actually fit in a pocket now.  ;) 

I have only seen him on celebrity fit club and he looks great. 

Written By: Midas on 03/06/09 at 8:33 am

top 13... I knew they were going to give each judge one vote..... THANK GOD TATYANA was not one of them!!!! I just want to kiss them!

After they sang I already had a feeling that Jasmine, Matt & Megan were going through.  Anoop was a surprise.  I was waiting for Tatyana's head to a splode.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/06/09 at 1:39 pm

And he can actually fit in a pocket now.   ;) 

I have only seen him on celebrity fit club and he looks great. 

It was his appearance on that show that made me want a pocket Ross  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/06/09 at 2:00 pm

Scott is adorable.  Not the best vocals but he is just too cute.  I just want to stuff him into my pocket and keep him there for safe keeping.   ;D

LOL!  ;D ;)

You can just feel his enthusiasm for being there!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/06/09 at 2:01 pm

Anoop was a surprise.  I was waiting for Tatyana's head to a splode.  :D

ROFL about Tatyana!  ;D

I liked Anoop from the start, and I'm really glad to see him in the Top 13.  8)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/08/09 at 3:46 pm

Well everyone, it's that time of year again when I feel the need to voice my opinion about American Idol. ;)  Thanks snoz for getting this thread started  :)

I guess I should share my audition story: This past summer my little sis dragged me to Kansas City to audition with her.  We got there super-early on registration day so that we had a good seat ticket. Then when it was audition day (where you have to audition for some producers).  It was about 9:30 am and I was the VERY NEXT in line, and then the main guy in charge said "SHUT IT DOWN!" and they broke down all the audition tables and dividers.  Why? Because it was time for Seacrest to come in and film his intro and promos for the show.  Of course it took him at least 45 minutes later to show up.  Meanwhile those of us who were about to audition were stuck on the stadium floor.  So they're filming Seacrest "opening" the episode...of course a hundred times with the male-diva saying "I need more light! I need more boom!" and stuff like that.  So I was on the very begining of the KC audition episode, standing in the crowd behind Seacrest and by that point I was so hungry and tired of standing I just didn't care anymore and it was obvious. lol  :D

Ok so this year, I really didn't like the new voting rules at first- I thought if they were voting top 3 it should be top 3 period because personally I think this year the guys are better.  But I think the voting turned out good (for the most part- Anoop shoulda gone through the first time).  I was a bit disappointed in the wild card round because a) Why did the judges give Tatiana a second chance? and b) WHY did they pick Megan and Jasmine?  But even before they had Matt and Anoop standing there together, I just had the feeling they would both go through.

Well this year I do like most of the contestants (not Jasmine, Megan, or Michael).  But I think the winner will be between: Jorge, Adam, Danny, or Allison.    I do like Lil, Anoop, and Scott, but I don't think their vocals are quite as good.  I was expecting a lot from Lil but I think she picked a bad song and was very flat in a lot of place. 
I guess we'll see if anybody changes my mind this week....

(oh btw, I really didn't think I liked Danny at first because I hate the "pity cases" but so far he has proven to have a great voice)

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/09 at 3:57 pm

Well everyone, it's that time of year again when I feel the need to voice my opinion about American Idol. ;)  Thanks snoz for getting this thread started  :)

I guess I should share my audition story: This past summer my little sis dragged me to Kansas City to audition with her.  We got there super-early on registration day so that we had a good seat ticket. Then when it was audition day (where you have to audition for some producers).  It was about 9:30 am and I was the VERY NEXT in line, and then the main guy in charge said "SHUT IT DOWN!" and they broke down all the audition tables and dividers.  Why? Because it was time for Seacrest to come in and film his intro and promos for the show.  Of course it took him at least 45 minutes later to show up.  Meanwhile those of us who were about to audition were stuck on the stadium floor.  So they're filming Seacrest "opening" the episode...of course a hundred times with the male-diva saying "I need more light! I need more boom!" and stuff like that.  So I was on the very begining of the KC audition episode, standing in the crowd behind Seacrest and by that point I was so hungry and tired of standing I just didn't care anymore and it was obvious. lol  :D

Ok so this year, I really didn't like the new voting rules at first- I thought if they were voting top 3 it should be top 3 period because personally I think this year the guys are better.  But I think the voting turned out good (for the most part- Anoop shoulda gone through the first time).  I was a bit disappointed in the wild card round because a) Why did the judges give Tatiana a second chance? and b) WHY did they pick Megan and Jasmine?  But even before they had Matt and Anoop standing there together, I just had the feeling they would both go through.

Well this year I do like most of the contestants (not Jasmine, Megan, or Michael).  But I think the winner will be between: Jorge, Adam, Danny, or Allison.    I do like Lil, Anoop, and Scott, but I don't think their vocals are quite as good.  I was expecting a lot from Lil but I think she picked a bad song and was very flat in a lot of place. 
I guess we'll see if anybody changes my mind this week....

(oh btw, I really didn't think I liked Danny at first because I hate the "pity cases" but so far he has proven to have a great voice)

you should have told us about the audition I would have watched just knowing you were there...

I guess I have to start learning the names this week  ;D

Written By: Midas on 03/10/09 at 2:56 pm

I was a bit disappointed in the wild card round because a) Why did the judges give Tatiana a second chance? and b) WHY did they pick Megan and Jasmine? 

a)  No clue.  She's a basket case and a half.

b)  They may not be the best singers in the competition but they are marketable.

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/09 at 5:08 pm

a)  No clue.  She's a basket case and a half.

b)  They may not be the best singers in the competition but they are marketable.

a) RATINGS.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/10/09 at 9:32 pm

Well here's my little recap of the night:

Lil Rounds (The Way You Make Me Feel):  Good vocals but it started out kinda boring- no emotion.  She kicked it up though towards the end so overall it was pretty good.

Scott MacIntyre (Keep the Faith): Vocals weren't perfect and performance seemed a little awkward for him but I liked his emotion for the song

Danny Gokey (PYT): Loved it! Yeah the dancing was a little cheesy but I loved the singing and the energy

Michael Sarver (You're Not Alone): Started out nice, good control.  But as it progressed it sounded more and more like he had cotton in his mouth. Overall tho I guess it wasn't too bad

Jasmine Murray (I'll Be There):  She started out with pretty good control, but got very flat towards the end and the song is just too big for her anyway

Kris Allen (Remember the Time): The guitar REALLY did not go with this song, I could hardly hear it anyway. To me it just looked like college student at open mic night.  It got a little more interesting toward the end but so did the notes... I'm just not so sure what to think about this one

Allison Iraheta (Give in to Me): One of my favorite MJ songs! Overall I loved the energy but I wished she woulda reached higher at times instead of just the same ol' range.  Sadly maybe she can't because she was having a little trouble just belting a B....but the end note was good

Anoop Desai (Beat It):  Really disappointed in the song choice.  Sang it well but it was very cheesy. Come on Anoop-dawg!

Jorge Nunez (Never Can Say Goodbye):  Another disappointment.  He can sing but it was just very boring

Megan Corkrey (Rockin Robin):  Ok if you thought the previous 2 song choices were bad....who the **** would sing this song on AI?? She tried to make it cute and fun but overall it was just stupid and bland

Adam Lambert (Black or White): Loved it! My favorite of the night- perfect energy, perfect vocal....except for the last "black or white" at the end that was a little weird  Lol

Matt Giraud (Human Nature): The guy's got a kinda sexy Justin Timberlake-ish vibe at the piano but the vocals were a bit shaky....also not sure about this one

Alexis Grace (Dirty Diana):  Good vocal control....the weird dropping dance movements were a bit much though

What?? Nobody sang "The Earth Song??"  :D

So who I want to go home: Megan and Jasmine;  Who probably WILL go home: Anoop & Jorge  :(

What's this about new rules? Are they finally gonna let the judges have some bearing in who goes home? I'd like that although this week it would definitely mean they'd send Anoop & Jorge home.... probably

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/09 at 10:47 pm

I'm just about to start watching but can I just say.....

LAMEST ENTRANCE EVER!!!
  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/09 at 12:36 am

I love Lil Rounds....  I'd buy her album...  Simon doesn't like the song choice. I like the song... its fun.

Scott has Art Garfunkel hair... some one should tell him..... his vocals are okay but not great.... or maybe its just the song... I don't like the long.

Danny... I don't know if I loved it as much as you did... it started off kind of strange for me.... Simon's probably gonna say this but he looks like the guy who jumped on stage to sing at his cousin's wedding or something...  Holy crap....Paula's smoking crack again...

Michael yawwwnnnn if it hadn't been for the cotton in the mouth comment (funny) I would have fast forwarded thru it... there is something weird about the way the annunciates too... yew R not a- lone.... weird.

Jasmine youre right the song was way too big for her... I don't know it was okay but not great.....

Chris did he flub a couple of the words?  You're right the guitar just looks stupid...

Alison I guess she's got a good rocker voice I just don't like her....

Anoop aw man... seriously? Beat It? Any other song in the MJ repertoire would have been better...any song.

Jorge this is my favorite J-5 song... he kind of screwed the pooch here didn't he.... it wasn't very good at all....

Megan you call billie jean cheesy? this was hella cheesy...

Adam  that hair annoys me.....  I think he went SKA with that shyt... I guess it was okay but next to country SKA/Emo/Tech whatever you call it when they scream the song) is my least favorite genre....actually I'd rather be in a tube with country playing on a loop than have to listen to that....

Matt I honestly only heard about two or three notes... it sort of blended into the background which means it wasn't bad enough to be annoying.. nor was it good enough to capture my attention.... I'm bored... and have been for a while now... hopefully better songs next week,

Alexis finally the last one...  Alexis and Lil...good bookends for an otherwise boring show.

I'm with you  anoop and jorge will probably go... but I'd be just has happy to see Megan or chris go...

Written By: robby76 on 03/11/09 at 7:42 am

MJ night on Idol… what’s not to love folks? No-one did “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You”… booo!

Lil Rounds – Finally she’s showing something a bit different. Loved it!

Scott – I had the Dangerous album but obviously totally skipped past this track, haha. One of his better performances.

Danny – Please stop the dancing! I want to hate him but damn the boy’s guuud!!!

Michael – He’s trying to sing way too many parts… haha. I usually hate this song and this didn’t change much. He’s likeable but a bit dullsville.

Jasmine – I don’t like the song but she did well and she looked gorgeous!

Kris Allen – I quite like the guitar bits – not that you can hear it that well. His ad-libs towards the end got a bit messy.

Allison – I forgot how good this song was. She does a great version of it.

Anoop Dawg… I’ve never heard of such a naff nickname! I got a little bit bored halfway through.

Jorge – Good song choice! Better than usual.

Megan – The song fitted her, I’ll give her that. I can’t make out if I like her style or not.

Adam – I’m sure he’s changing the lyrics here and there lol. He was too loud for the backing music. I wasn’t keen. Not sure what performance the judges saw.

Matt – Supreme song choice! Supreme vocals! Loved this guy since day one! The last few notes were a bit iffy though.

Alexis – Not my fave MJ song but her vocals suited the song.

Written By: Midas on 03/11/09 at 2:12 pm

Methinks Anoop, Jorge, Scott, Megan and Kris have to worry about tonight.  Adam. Allison & Lil showed best IMO.

I'm interested to see what tonight's little "twist" is all about.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/11/09 at 5:23 pm

Snoz- I completely agree about Adam's hair....I HATE the emo look.  I actually didn't like him in the beginning like the audition and everything.  But now it looks like he's got the best vocals + stage presence out of the bunch so far.  I don't hear it so much as screaming, I definitely see the musical theatre-trained-rocker thing tho. 

In all honesty tho it's stupid to have a MJ night..... I think contestants should be banned from singing MJ, Aretha, Whitney, Mariah.... it's just setting you up for failure! Hopefully we get some much better themes in the next weeks? I'd like to see more from Danny and Jorge (if he makes it). I bet Matt could do a lot better too

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/09 at 5:25 pm

Snoz- I completely agree about Adam's hair....I HATE the emo look.  I actually didn't like him in the beginning like the audition and everything.  But now it looks like he's got the best vocals + stage presence out of the bunch so far.  I don't hear it so much as screaming, I definitely see the musical theatre-trained-rocker thing tho. 

In all honesty tho it's stupid to have a MJ night..... I think contestants should be banned from singing MJ, Aretha, Whitney, Mariah.... it's just setting you up for failure! Hopefully we get some much better themes in the next weeks? I'd like to see more from Danny and Jorge (if he makes it). I bet Matt could do a lot better too

I agree... I mean maybe they can make them sign a clause that says "Sure you can tackle the greats but if you don't 'bring it' then you will automatically be eliminated just for wasting our time!"  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/12/09 at 1:44 am

Jasmine and Jorge..... sounds about right....

One save all season- could be interesting.

so after 8 seasons or whatever were in now......people still haven't figured out not to sing a song that plays like a perfect send off song if you get voted off?  It happens every year...  ;D

Written By: Midas on 03/12/09 at 9:06 am

Jasmine and Jorge..... sounds about right....

One save all season- could be interesting.

so after 8 seasons or whatever were in now......people still haven't figured out not to sing a song that plays like a perfect send off song if you get voted off?  It happens every year...  ;D

;D

Additionally, that was a "sing for your life" moment for Jasmine and Jorge, and they failed to pull it off.

Anoopy-noop got the popularity save.  His rendition of "Beat It" sucked.  I would guess he has a loyal fan base at UNC.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/12/09 at 2:56 pm

I don't think Jasmine should've been voted off.  She was very good and had great stage presence.  :-\\

I would've liked to see Allison go home last night...there's just something about her that really bothers me!  :P

Written By: Midas on 03/12/09 at 3:28 pm

The more I think about the new "save" rule, I don't really see the point of it, because:

- It's likely the person they "save" will be gone the following week.
- It would likely be used for the following people: Adam, Danny, Allison, Lil
- They would possibly use it to save someone from falling out of the Top 5, to keep them from going to another label should they put an album out.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/12/09 at 4:14 pm

Well I'm glad Jasmine is gone- I could tell her singing would get old real fast.  But my poor Jorge  :\'(    Between him & Anoop, I thought Jorge had the better voice but oh well....

Written By: robby76 on 03/19/09 at 9:57 am

Country week - best was a toss between Anoop and Danny Gokey.

My fave Matt Giraud was okay but I hate it when I don't know the song.

I reckon Alexis should've stayed another week. I used to like Michael, but he's just uncomfortable looking on that stage.

Written By: Midas on 03/19/09 at 12:42 pm

I thought weakest performances Tuesday were Michael, Scott and Megan.  Adam was ok; not as good as past weeks.  Anoop redeemed himself.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/09 at 12:51 pm

I always hate country week but I have to admit the contestants made it easy to sit through.

I'm trying to reconstruct this from memory

Matt S- he scores points for difficulty and (as the ladies said) personality--- the singing was better than Archuletta so score!

Lil- I don't care what the judges say- I liked it!

Scott- one of three performances I fast forwarded.... I was bored but it started off nicely-  I don't remember if I said this or not but he's okay- piano bar okay but he's not idol good and I'm not falling for the the "sympathy" vote because blind piano player is not a novelty...its been done...and it's been done way better.  He will last longer than he should

Danny, Kris, Matt G-  I can't really recall these as individual performances... but I think they were good...though I fast forwarded thru them after hearing the start... the songs bored me.

Allison- I really dislike this girl but the performance was pretty strong but a bit copycattish I thik

Alexis- I think she went home because of song choice. "Jolene" is about a woman begging another woman to take pity on her and stop chasing her man... Alexis should have found a song about chasing her cheating man with a shot gun...she's too strong a woman to sing about being wimpy...

Megan- god that was horrible... I think everyone else's ears were plugged tues.... she should have gone home.

Anoop- nice tonal quality to his voice on this.

Adam- WTF.....okay I can hear in his voice that he can sing but that was just bizarre... It sounded like something you would hear in a movie...playing over a montage of a serial killer getting preparing to abduct and kill someone.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 03/19/09 at 1:49 pm

Matt S- he scores points for difficulty and (as the ladies said) personality--- the singing was better than Archuletta so score!

Do you mean Mike (Michael) S. ? ???

Motown week should be good.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/09 at 1:51 pm

Do you mean Mike (Michael) S. ? ???

Motown week should be good.

sure....whatever his name is....he sang that first song with all the words...whatever that song was...  ;D

Written By: Midas on 03/19/09 at 1:52 pm

sure....whatever his name is....he sang that first song with all the words...whatever that song was...  ;D

It was a Garth Vader song or something.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/09 at 1:53 pm

It was a Garth Vader song or something.

Doesn't he sing that "I'm your father" song?  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 03/19/09 at 8:19 pm

Adam was ok; not as good as past weeks.

Forgot to mention Adam - I liked his take on that song too. Nice!

Written By: Midas on 03/20/09 at 9:10 am

Doesn't he sing that "I'm your father" song?  ;D

Along with "On The Dark Side" :D

Written By: SemperYoda on 03/20/09 at 2:25 pm

Me too.... Lil Rounds...

Who in these contests are actually good, proper singers? 

Adam Lambert is the closest I have seen because of his musical theater background.

The music business has so many people who sing, but are not exceptional singers.  It is more about who people like, not on their wonderful singing abilities.  There are few exceptions.  Celine Dion I think is one of them.

A lot of commercial singers sing from their throat, sound nasally, or don't enunciate.

I like Daney Gokey, but he isn't the best singer.  Either is Scott McIntyre (sp).  He usually sings flat. 

"Jesus take the Wheel" should be turned off at all costs.  Hate that song.  At least Adam was different and cool.    ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/09 at 2:40 pm

Who in these contests are actually good, proper singers? 

Adam Lambert is the closest I have seen because of his musical theater background.

The music business has so many people who sing, but are not exceptional singers.  It is more about who people like, not on their wonderful singing abilities.  There are few exceptions.  Celine Dion I think is one of them.

A lot of commercial singers sing from their throat, sound nasally, or don't enunciate.

I like Daney Gokey, but he isn't the best singer.  Either is Scott McIntyre (sp).  He usually sings flat. 

"Jesus take the Wheel" should be turned off at all costs.  Hate that song.  At least Adam was different and cool.    ;D

I still think Adam's rendition would fit well over a montage in Silence of the Lambs, Seven or The Watcher (Keanu Reeves & James Spader)  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/09 at 3:09 pm

Allison- I really dislike this girl but the performance was pretty strong but a bit copycattish I thik

I totally agree with you, Q!  I know she's a good performer, but there's just something about her that I really don't like!  :P

I still think Adam's rendition would fit well over a montage in Silence of the Lambs, Seven or The Watcher (Keanu Reeves & James Spader)  ;D

I think you're right on the mark with that!  ;)

Written By: SemperYoda on 03/20/09 at 3:29 pm

I still think Adam's rendition would fit well over a montage in Silence of the Lambs, Seven or The Watcher (Keanu Reeves & James Spader)   ;D

Well, I will take it then.  Scary is interesting.  :)  Beats anything the winner 2 years ago did.  What is that brats name? 

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/09 at 3:47 pm

Well, I will take it then.  Scary is interesting.  :)   Beats anything the winner 2 years ago did.  What is that brats name? 

shoot two years ago...that was a long time ago.... wait you're talking about Jordin Sparks...shoot she outsings Taylor Hicks by about 10 miles!

Written By: NbC on 03/21/09 at 6:52 am

I feel that Adam needs to tone down a little.  Allow the viewers to see a softer, more mellow side.  He is obviously very talented but I think people will be turned off soon.  He isn't exactly American Idol material.  I was viewing some of his stuff on YouTube and he did a version of Dust In The Wind that was quite nice. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xxA81F278Y

Anoop was my favorite during the country week. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/09 at 10:37 am

I wonder if the people who listen to the kind of music Adam does consider him a "sell out" for being on idol... I mean really the alternative music people are typically pop music snobs.  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/21/09 at 12:06 pm

Hey everyone!  I was on vacay this week so didn't see the show....but seeing as it was country week I guess I didn't really "miss" it. ;)  So I just went and you-tubed everyone- most of them didn't have the video which is good so I could just focus on vocals but obvious I couldn't tell you about "performance"-wise

I think my favorites this week were Adam, Matt, & Anoop.  Now I do admit Adam's rendition of the song was a bit weird (in a way reminds me of Coil's version of "Tainted Love") but his vocals were spot on.  I thought Kris was ok but a bit boring (that one had a video with it).  Lil & Danny were ok but not quite on pitch...I actually think NOBODY should sing a former contestant's song so Matt got lucky...but Jesus Take the Wheel? Every year someone sings that and they always get a bad review... when will people learn?  Allison was ok but didn't really stand out.  Scott started out alright but then got really flat.  I'm not TOO sad about Alexis going home because I thought she was so-so and her version of Jolene wasn't that good....but surely Megan or Michael should have gone in her place!

I'm a little confused about the "save" rule: Is it that each contestant gets one chance to be saved or the judges can only save 1 person the whole season?

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/09 at 12:10 pm

Hey everyone!  I was on vacay this week so didn't see the show....but seeing as it was country week I guess I didn't really "miss" it. ;)   So I just went and you-tubed everyone- most of them didn't have the video which is good so I could just focus on vocals but obvious I couldn't tell you about "performance"-wise

I think my favorites this week were Adam, Matt, & Anoop.  Now I do admit Adam's rendition of the song was a bit weird (in a way reminds me of Coil's version of "Tainted Love") but his vocals were spot on.  I thought Kris was ok but a bit boring (that one had a video with it).  Lil & Danny were ok but not quite on pitch...I actually think NOBODY should sing a former contestant's song so Matt got lucky...but Jesus Take the Wheel? Every year someone sings that and they always get a bad review... when will people learn?  Allison was ok but didn't really stand out.  Scott started out alright but then got really flat.  I'm not TOO sad about Alexis going home because I thought she was so-so and her version of Jolene wasn't that good....but surely Megan or Michael should have gone in her place!

I'm a little confused about the "save" rule: Is it that each contestant gets one chance to be saved or the judges can only save 1 person the whole season?

thank you! I thought I was the only one who thought Megan  totally sucked!!!

as for the rule it is a one time only deal...they can save only one contestant one time so they have to be careful when they use it... once someone is saved- no one else can be saved again.  I like it!

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/21/09 at 12:24 pm

Hmm, ok.  I do like that this year the judges can do a save cuz usually stupid voters mess things up....I do think it would be better if each contestant could get 1 save if the judges wanted to.  But you're right they do have to be careful....probly won't save anybody until towards the end of the season since almost every year the best singer (IMO) goes home 3rd or 4th (remember Latoya, Elliott, Melinda....)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/21/09 at 12:36 pm

I feel that Adam needs to tone down a little.  Allow the viewers to see a softer, more mellow side.  He is obviously very talented but I think people will be turned off soon.  He isn't exactly American Idol material.  I was viewing some of his stuff on YouTube and he did a version of Dust In The Wind that was quite nice. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xxA81F278Y

That is pretty nice! I was looking around one day and found a video of him in some musical with Val Kilmer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwcJUhIa0U&feature=related

Makes you wonder though....if he can get that close to stars like Val Kilmer then why did he feel the need to go on AI?......

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/09 at 12:40 pm

Hmm, ok.  I do like that this year the judges can do a save cuz usually stupid voters mess things up....I do think it would be better if each contestant could get 1 save if the judges wanted to.  But you're right they do have to be careful....probly won't save anybody until towards the end of the season since almost every year the best singer (IMO) goes home 3rd or 4th (remember Latoya, Elliott, Melinda....)

Daughtrey, Tamyra Gray, Carly what's her name, Michel Johns, Jennifer Hudson... anyone but taylor hicks  ;D

Written By: NbC on 03/22/09 at 5:15 am

That is pretty nice! I was looking around one day and found a video of him in some musical with Val Kilmer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwcJUhIa0U&feature=related

Makes you wonder though....if he can get that close to stars like Val Kilmer then why did he feel the need to go on AI?......

Yes, I saw that video.  I liked it until he started screaming.  His signature screaming.  LOL!!!  It is obvious he is the most experience of the group. 

It must be that tough to make it Big in the music/acting industry.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/25/09 at 9:15 pm

Motown night....hmmm very interesting.  Well here's my breakdown:

Matt (Let's Get it On):  Cliche song choice.  He did pretty good though but I wish he woulda stayed at the piano the whole time.  What he was singing for Smokey on the video sounded a lot better

Kris (How Sweet It Is): He did ok, there's just something about him I don't like though... Can't quite put my finger on it

Scott (You Can't Hurry Love):  A bit too cheesy for me.  Had trouble with the pitch too.  I do agree with Kara- I wanted him to show something up-tempo but he just can't pull it off

Megan (For Once In My Life):  Ok, she almost sounded good on the Smokey video.  But live....HORRIBLE.... I couldn't wait for it to end

Anoop (Ooh, Baby Baby):  Very sweet.  One of my faves of the night

Michael (Ain't Too Proud to Beg):  Terrible....cheesy.....off pitch...... I could go on and on....

Lil (Heatwave):  Not a good song choice.  Kinda pitchy in some spots and overall it was a cheesy performance, IMO

Adam (Tracks of my Tears):  First off, that's one of my absolute favorite songs..... and he sang so tenderly.  Loved this other side of him!..... Not so hot about the look though....I was waiting for him to pull out a gun and say "Do I f***ing AMUSE you???"  :D

Danny (Get Ready):  Sang ok, but very cheesy.  Seems he's always performing like he's at a Praise & Worship thing....

Allison (Papa Was a Rolling Stone):  Thought it was pretty strong.  Still think she could do better when reaching up for the high notes but overall I loved it!

So my favorite of the night is obviously Adam, with Anoop & Allison the runner-ups.  Either Megan or Michael had better go home this week though

Written By: Dagwood on 03/25/09 at 10:42 pm

I think it will be Scott and Megan in the bottom two with Megan going home.  Scott reminds me too much of elevator music.

Written By: Midas on 03/26/09 at 9:22 am

Scott, Megan and Michael are my bottom three.  Adam, Matt, Allison and Anoop did well.

I also wish they'd vote Kara off. :D

Paula's crayola-stache was hysterical. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/09 at 5:34 pm

I'm just commenting on the bad ones....

Scott bores the hell out of me.

Megan....HOLY CRAP.... That was HORRIBLE!  8-P  (I think my ears are bleeding)
and it sucked when she sang it for Smokey... he should have been honest with her....

Michael wasn't that great either but he was marginally better than Scott (well more interesting anyway) and miles better than Megan.

I agree 100% with what Kara told Lil... I love Lil but Heatwave? Really? Why not Reflections or something to show off her vocals?

I know I said I was only going to do negatives but this is the first time I kind of liked Adam...

Danny....so Smokey gives you advice and you what? Say okay and then do things your own way?  It was okay but not great.

Bottom three... Scott, Megan and Michael ...... with Megan going home PLEASE!

top Adam and Anoop... sorry Lil! I still luv you!

Written By: Michael C. on 03/26/09 at 9:02 pm

Haven't been watching.....But....watched tonight to see Smokey Robinson , Joss Stone & Stevie Wonder perform,,,,,,,,,,,,
I like how Paula just jumped to Her feet and starts dancing to Stevie..............

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/09 at 9:05 pm

Haven't been watching.....But....watched tonight to see Smokey Robinson , Joss Stone & Stevie Wonder perform,,,,,,,,,,,,
I like how Paula just jumped to Her feet and starts dancing to Stevie..............

that would be a compliment if she didn't also jump to her feet when michael sang too... michael sucked!  :D

How the hell did Megan escape bottom three?

And how hard was it to watch the "group" performance after last weeks lip synch revelation?  ;D

anyone else get the feeling from the group performance and the ford commercial that the producers are focusing more on Lil, Allison, Adam and Matt? 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/26/09 at 9:12 pm

Danny....so Smokey gives you advice and you what? Say okay and then do things your own way?  It was okay but not great.

Oh yeah I felt the same way!  I was like why did he say "Smokey's right" and then ignore his advice?  I do like Kara's judging as far as I think she's a little more honest than Paula who just tries to sweet talk things.  I usually agree w/ Kara's opinions but a lot of times she just doesn't find the right wording

So wow, I can't believe Matt was in bottom 2! Scott AND Megan got more votes than him??  And on top of that Paula actually debating whether or not to waste their save on Michael....ugh... Thank you Simon

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/26/09 at 9:18 pm

anyone else get the feeling from the group performance and the ford commercial that the producers are focusing more on Lil, Allison, Adam and Matt? 

This was the first time this season I watched the results show (besides the wildcard round).  Have the group performances always been this weird? LOL  I definitely felt like Lil got way more time in the spotlight than anybody.... seems a little unfair and almost racist in a way, like "It's motown week so Lil must be the only who can sing it well"    Just give everybody a small sliver of solo time, no matter how excruciating it might be  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/09 at 9:27 pm

This was the first time this season I watched the results show (besides the wildcard round).  Have the group performances always been this weird? LOL  I definitely felt like Lil got way more time in the spotlight than anybody.... seems a little unfair and almost racist in a way, like "It's motown week so Lil must be the only who can sing it well"    Just give everybody a small sliver of solo time, no matter how excruciating it might be  ;)

the last couple of weeks the group performances have been live like in years past...but apparently last week (I didn't watch cuz... country and I don't mix well) it was revealed that while they perform live the actually aren't singing the group song live..they lip synch it  I guess a bunch of them pulled the mikes away from their mouths but the vocal level never changed.... anyway- I don't know if this weeks was to get away from the "live performance" aspect or just to try something new...

I'm a little tired of all the special guests... now its Idol night and the Idol presents the results show featuring.... too many live performances by people not trying to win american idol...  ::)

Written By: Midas on 03/27/09 at 10:00 am

So wow, I can't believe Matt was in bottom 2! Scott AND Megan got more votes than him??  And on top of that Paula actually debating whether or not to waste their save on Michael....ugh... Thank you Simon

I would guess, from a producer's standpoint the drama is heightened when you have someone like Matt in the bottom 3. 

I thought Michael Sarver sang better last night but not worth saving.  He's still going on tour.  There's only about 3 or 4 people worth saving at this point, if that.

Stevie's performance was best last night but he should really consider shaving his head.  Braided skullet isn't in at this time.

I was also waiting for Guy SmileySeacrest to hi-five Stevie :D

Written By: robby76 on 03/27/09 at 10:16 am

I would guess, from a producer's standpoint the drama is heightened when you have someone like Matt in the bottom 3. 

Yep - I say this every year. The person with the lowest votes does indeed go home, but who's in the bottom three is purely about marketing gimmicks. The producers want people to 'talk at the water coolers' the next day. It's all about good television and $$$ text votes at the end of the day.

Though I liked Michael in the beginning, it was definitely time for him to go.

And despite hating Danny at first, he's consistently been great entertainment each week! However talent-wise, it's Matt Giraud all the way!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/27/09 at 11:23 am

I'm glad that Michael is out, but like many of you, I also thought it should've been Megan this time...she was TERRIBLE!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/09 at 11:39 am

Yep - I say this every year. The person with the lowest votes does indeed go home, but who's in the bottom three is purely about marketing gimmicks. The producers want people to 'talk at the water coolers' the next day. It's all about good television and $$$ text votes at the end of the day.

Though I liked Michael in the beginning, it was definitely time for him to go.

And despite hating Danny at first, he's consistently been great entertainment each week! However talent-wise, it's Matt Giraud all the way!

I agree for the most part but mostly I think Matt, Michael, Scott and Danny sort of appeal to the same fan base so I think their votes are spread thin... as they start dropping out the others will see stronger numbers....whoever is voting for megan tho...seriously STOP IT!!!!  >:(

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/27/09 at 4:31 pm

I'm glad that Michael is out, but like many of you, I also thought it should've been Megan this time...she was TERRIBLE!  :P

Megan's performance was DEFINITELY worse than Michael's, but he wasn't good either.  Now that he's gone, I think it will make her stand out even more as the bad one.  I think she should go home next, then Scott. 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/31/09 at 8:42 pm

Hmm, I thought this week's theme was pretty lame.  Here's my recap of the night:

Anoop (Caught Up):  Once he said he was singing Usher I knew it would be bad...very boring, not a "singable" song

Megan (Turn Your Lights Down Low):  Excruciating to get through.  Hubby was saying somebody should write songs specifically for her and then she could be good, but I just don't think she has a good range- she's always real shaky and her voice cracks a lot

Danny (What Hurts the Most): Judges loved it, but I just didn't get it.  First of all I hate Rascal Flatts but even if I did like the song it just didn't seem like an Idol-worthy performance.... maybe it was just the instrumentation or all the weird camera angles....I don't know, it wasn't bad but I just didn't get it

Allison (Don't Speak): What the heck was she wearing?? I really like how she started out softly.  I think she did alright overall.

Scott (Just the Way You Are):  Wow, he actually did pretty good this time!  Still a little on the boring side, but the best I've heard from him

Matt (You Found Me):  Sooooo not his song type.  His voice sounded fake like he was just imitating the original

Lil (I Surrender): She sang ok but it was just really boring.  I also think she's a little lazy with her pronunciation.  She needs to go back to the short hair too.  (And what's up with Ryan? Does he not have any camera time so he's gotta stick his head in front of the judges? And then make Lil's kids cry....somebody fire him please lol)

Adam (Play that Funky Music): Pretty scared when he announced that song choice.....but he made it really cool and I love his range. 

Kris (Ain't No Sunshine):  Wow...he really surprised me.  This is the first time that I actually ENJOYED his performance.  I like him at the piano rather than with a guitar

My favorites of the night are Adam and Kris....Allison and even Scott are my runner-ups.  I think Matt is in BIG trouble tonight  :\'(  If he doesn't go home this week it will probably be either Megan or Anoop

Written By: Midas on 04/01/09 at 9:27 am

I think Matt is in BIG trouble tonight  :\'(  If he doesn't go home this week it will probably be either Megan or Anoop

I agree there.  Adam and Kris did best last night.  Danny was pretty good.  Scott improved.  Allison was nervous.  Lil was okay.  The women aren't that strong this season it seems.

Matt didn't do well.  Megan was irritating.  Anoop was boring.  I'm hoping these are the bottom three.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/01/09 at 10:34 pm

Megan is gone!!! YES!!!!    I predict the next one to go is either Anoop or Scott (or ok that's who SHOULD go home next)

Written By: Midas on 04/02/09 at 9:21 am

Megan is gone!!! YES!!!!    I predict the next one to go is either Anoop or Scott (or ok that's who SHOULD go home next)

Good riddance.  Although I'm starting to think she may have deliberately tried to get booted off for the past couple weeks so she could go home to her kid.

Pretty much everyone will need to step up their game at this point, esp. Scott and Anoop.  The girls will need to bring it.

What was up with Kara's expression in the beginning when Seacrust announced Lady Gaga was going to perform?  Can we vote her off too?  She doesn't care.

Written By: robby76 on 04/02/09 at 9:27 am

Good riddance.  Although I'm starting to think she may have deliberately tried to get booted off for the past couple weeks so she could go home to her kid.

That came to my mind too. She was pitchy far too many times that it became a bit suspicious.

I predict the next one to go is either Anoop or Scott (or ok that's who SHOULD go home next)

I loved Scott this week - in fact it was my performance of the night. Great song choice and nicely done. But yeah, him and Anoop should go soon.

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/09 at 6:44 pm

I fast forwarded through most of the show... it was boring...

so... play that funky is one of the top downloaded songs on iTunes?  seriously? Why not Kung Fu Fighting or Disco Duck.

Adams vocals were okay but the performance was horrid...and I'm totally over the hair.

THANK GOD MEGAN IS GONE> I was contemplating launching a missle at the theater if was going to have to endure another week of her....

I love how simon's like... nope we're not even going to pretend to think about it....SEE YA!  ;D

Written By: Midas on 04/03/09 at 12:01 am

so... play that funky is one of the top downloaded songs on iTunes?  seriously? Why not Kung Fu Fighting or Disco Duck.

'cuz yer the only one that downloaded them from iTunes :D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/09 at 1:23 pm

'cuz yer the only one that downloaded them from iTunes :D ;D

lol... I didn't tho.. I just find it hard to believe anyone (or rather) a significant number of people are downloading Play that Funky Music...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/03/09 at 1:55 pm

lol... I didn't tho.. I just find it hard to believe anyone (or rather) a significant number of people are downloading Play that Funky Music...

I sure hope they're downloading the original and not Adam's version...I didn't like what he did to it!  :P

Written By: Midas on 04/03/09 at 2:16 pm

Next week is "songs in the year you were born" week.  Just perusing through song lists...

Lambert was born in '82.  He could pull off a Journey song from Escape or something.

Gokey was born in '80. Hmmmm... KC's "Please Don't Go" ?

Lil was born in 1984.  She could probably sing Tina okay, but dunno if that would really suit her.  Pointer Sisters?

Kris, Scott and Matt were born in '85.  I can see one doing "Careless Whisper"; it would probably suit Scott best.  Matt would probably do good with "Cherish" hitting the highs at the end. Or even Corey Hart's "Never Surrender"...maybe even a Bryan Adams tune.  I have a hard time figuring out Kris but if he keeps on keepin' on he'll be fine.

Anoop in 1986...*snort* "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) ;D  Maybe Force M.D.'s "Tender Love" since he proclaims he's an R&B singer...

Allison in '92...Sophie B. Hawkins...maybe.  I'd be delighted with Kathy Troccoli's "Everything Changes" or Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" or something.

Heck, I'll just be stoked if one of these ideas comes to fruition next week :D

Written By: Midas on 04/03/09 at 2:32 pm

I sure hope they're downloading the original and not Adam's version...I didn't like what he did to it!  :P

It wasn't his best performance but at least he brings originality and talent to the competition.  I'm guessing he'll be showy like that 3/4 of the time.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/09 at 2:50 pm

I was telling a friend... I can't tell if Adam is a sell out or a total faker....  you know.... as far as music snobs go.

Written By: Midas on 04/03/09 at 3:38 pm

I was telling a friend... I can't tell if Adam is a sell out or a total faker....  you know.... as far as music snobs go.

Yeah, hard to tell.

Last night I re-viewed last season's Beatles performances...Cook did "Daytripper" with a bit of arrogance.  Not his best performance but good nonetheless.  I kinda feel that Adam is taking cues from what DC did last year and possibly trying to one-up him.  He can be a bit over the top at times but overall I think he's got a great shot of winning.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/03/09 at 3:42 pm

He can be a bit over the top at times but overall I think he's got a great shot of winning.

I totally agree!

He's definitely very entertaining...and one of my favorites in this year's competition (along with Danny and Lil)!  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/03/09 at 6:22 pm

I can see one doing "Careless Whisper"; it would probably suit Scott best. 

Oh please, God, no.  I am so sick of Scott practicing to be the next elevator music great.  I would love to see him do a song with a faster tempo.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/09 at 6:28 pm

Oh please, God, no.  I am so sick of Scott practicing to be the next elevator music great.  I would love to see him do a song with a faster tempo.

I'd love to see him go home next  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 04/03/09 at 7:10 pm

Lambert was born in '82.  He could pull off a Journey song from Escape or something.

I can't believe Adam is older than Kris, Matt and Scott. He looks much younger.

Anyway a retro Idol night sounds fantastic! I'll be looking forward to it.

Written By: NbC on 04/04/09 at 5:52 am

I think Anoop is the next to go. 

I would like to see Allison go soon.  Her voice is starting to irritate me.  The judges are making a bigger deal about her than they should, IMO. 

Written By: Midas on 04/04/09 at 11:22 am

I think a fast song for him would possibly send him home :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/09 at 11:24 am

I think a fast song for him would possibly send him home :D

any song could send him home... he's really not all that special.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/07/09 at 8:48 pm

(Hey Midas, nice predictions on the girls!  ;D lol) Here's my breakdown of tonight's show:

Danny (Stand by Me):  I kinda like the funky arrangement....he did pretty good especially at the end but he's becoming a little mediocre in my book.

Kris (All She Wants to Do is Dance): I think Kris should lose the guitar.  The whole performance was boring and didn't make sense

Lil (What's Love Got to Do with It): Seriously? This song is SUICIDE...especially when Lil does it...the "choreography" seemed really forced and she was pretty pitchy as well...not good at all

Anoop (True Colors):  Very nice...not great but nice

Scott (The Search is Over): What's he doing with that guitar? It's like he just stands there and strums a couple chords through the whole thing.  Extremely pitchy. He needs to go home tomorrow

Allison (I Can't Make You Love Me):  Very nice breaking away from her "rock" side.  This was very tender and I liked it! :)

Matt (Part-Time Lovers): Much much much better song choice than last week's.  Matt's got this sexy vibe about him when he picks the right R&B type songs.  Vocals aren't perfect but better than a lot of the others.

Adam (Mad World): Good song choice.  I don't think it was his best performance as a few of the notes were questionable....still he's in a league of his own above the others.  Oh, and who woulda thought he was a "ginger kid" (south park reference) when he was little  ;D  LOL

Faves of the night: Adam, Allison, & Matt.  My bottom 3 are: Scott, Lil, & Kris. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/09 at 12:57 am

I agree with you 100%... adam could win this whole thing.

Lil could go home tomorrow. It would make me sad but seriously she's getting some bad advise. She needs to lose the wigs and come back out as herself Give us what we saw in the first place. We haven't seen it in weeks.

I'm ready for Danny or Scott to go home...

and I'm sorry I totally called that performance of Kris' self indulgent...to place himself smack dab in the middle of his "adoring fans" it was bordering on boorish and he should go home just for offending me... ;D

Written By: NbC on 04/08/09 at 4:47 am

Poor Scott.  He was beyond horrible.  He lasted much longer than he should have. 

Adam looked like he was struggling to restrain himself.  ;D  Was that the first standing ovation from Simon?  :o  It was deserved. 

Matt did very well. 

Written By: Midas on 04/08/09 at 10:26 am

(Hey Midas, nice predictions on the girls!  ;D lol)

Thanks! :)  I was at an event last night but have the show DVR'd so I'll watch it and the results show tonight and post commentary later.

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/09 at 4:04 pm

Poor Scott.  He was beyond horrible.  He lasted much longer than he should have. 

Adam looked like he was struggling to restrain himself.   ;D  Was that the first standing ovation from Simon?  :o  It was deserved. 

Matt did very well. 

yeah I don't quite recall Simon ever standing before.

Written By: Brian06 on 04/08/09 at 8:10 pm

omg Can't Get You Out of My Head this was my favorite. Though they kinda butchered it as usual lol.

Written By: robby76 on 04/09/09 at 7:22 am

omg Can't Get You Out of My Head this was my favorite. Though they kinda butchered it as usual lol.

"Can't Get You Out"  was painful to watch and listen to. Not a good choice for a group to tackle - especially when half of them can't dance too well.  ;D

Frankie Avalon on the other hand was a nice touch of class.

This week's show was real dull for me. None of the performances struck me - although Adam did save the day at the end. Best out of a bad bunch.

Written By: Midas on 04/09/09 at 8:55 am

I watched both shows last night.  From Tuesday, Allison and Adam did best.  The bottom three were spot on.  At this point any one of them should've been gone. 

Scott's "sing for your life" performance was much better last night than Tuesday's.

Anyone know the theme for next week?  I need to pick songs for these people. :D

Edit:  Per wikipedia it's "Songs from the Cinema".  Hmmm...

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/09/09 at 6:54 pm

Per wikipedia it's "Songs from the Cinema".  Hmmm...

Let me guess...Lil hasn't learned her lesson and is gonna sing "I Will Always Love You"  :D

Well I saw the results show last night and am sooooooo glad Simon is the "spokesperson" when it comes to the "save"  I can't stand how the girls are all like "but he did BETTER...."  Not even looking at the big picture....thank you Simon for not wasting the save.

As for the live performances: "Cant Get you Out of my Head" was terrible.  Lil couldn't even hit a C and Allison was not good on the harmony...and all the guys singing "lalala" was just weird lol.   I did like the Frankie Avalon cameo...very nice... and the only guest performer who can actually sing  ;D    Everybody else just shows the contestant you don't have to be able to sing to be on the charts.....  >:( disgusting

Written By: NbC on 04/09/09 at 10:42 pm

Everybody else just shows the contestant you don't have to be able to sing to be on the charts.....  >:( disgusting

Agreed!  It gives them hope.  ;D

Kelly Pickler!  Was that a joke?!

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/09 at 3:10 am

kind of  ???  that was horrible

Written By: Brian06 on 04/10/09 at 5:06 am

kind of  ???   that was horrible

I know, I was being nice. It was bad enough for me to walk away from the TV after 30 seconds and I listen to anything so yeah it must've been bad. I was disappointed because I like that song.

Written By: Midas on 04/10/09 at 6:05 am

As for the live performances: "Cant Get you Out of my Head" was terrible. 

If they actually sang that one live, yeah, it wasn't that great.  Past performances had the vocals pre-recorded.

I have absolutely no clue what songs everyone will pick this week; the spectrum is somewhat broad to choose from.  My guess is Lil and Anoop will pick songs that they know well and are comfortable with; Anoop's will be chosen in an attempt to please the masses.  I'm just hoping that each contestant picks a song that suits them.

Written By: midnite on 04/13/09 at 6:12 pm

You may or may not have seen this Susan Boyle clip from Britain's Talent.  (I watched it about 5 times now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

It's kinda tragic how conditioned we are to believe that only the glamourous and airbrushed could possibly be able to sing and sing well. the disrespect from the audience at the beginning sure reflects that attitude

Written By: Silver Power on 04/13/09 at 7:51 pm

You may or may not have seen this Susan Boyle clip from Britain's Talent.   (I watched it about 5 times now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

It's kinda tragic how conditioned we are to believe that only the glamourous and airbrushed could possibly be able to sing and sing well. the disrespect from the audience at the beginning sure reflects that attitude

Just watched it twice, she was amazing. The audience was insanely rude to her. I hope she wins, though I won't be able to watch since I'm from the US.

Written By: Midas on 04/14/09 at 11:55 pm

Tonight's top performers:  Kris, Danny and Adam.

All the guys did amazingly well.  I know props were given to Allison but I didn't think that was her best performance.  Poor Lil.  She tries to find herself, only to be ridiculed by Cowell.

Speaking of Cowell, did anyone notice his gag reflex acting up when Kara was commenting on Anoop's performance?  ;D  I hope he was gagging about her; Anoop did alright tonight.

I think Randy has a hearing problem.  I also think they still only have three judges:  Paula, Simon and Randy-Kara.  Paula's stepped up her game this year.  She's a little more coherent...or challenged by Kara or something.

Written By: robby76 on 04/15/09 at 7:39 am

Matt Giraud brought it all back for me again! Not too keen on his really high notes, but overall it's all good! Love the song choice and love him by the piano. I do agree with the judges that he tries to do too much with the ad-libs.

Next choice will be Danny - who's had the usual mid-season Idol makeover. But what a voice and what a song!

Kris was good but the song didn't really suit the whole Idol show concept.

Hated how the judges were in pairs! At the end of the day - love him or hate him - everyone just wants to hear what Simon has to say. There's no point trying to change the mindset of the viewers.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/15/09 at 5:02 pm

Well I didn't get to watch the show last night but I you-tubed a few videos last night and then the rest of them today....

Overall it sounded like last night was kinda a blah night.  All the guys did pretty good, though I must say this time Adam's performance was a hot mess!  Wasn't "bad" but I don't think it was a good song choice- too much vibrato for the "Born to be Wild" part.  Plus I think the cheesy background music and horribly off-pitch back-up singer brought it down.  At least his high notes were awesome and I'm sure he's still got the tween vote  LOL. 

So like I said, all the guys were pretty good from what I heard on the you-tube videos.  Allison's was ok but I had to stop it early...something about it was just excruciating.  And Lil has got to go!!!  I'm sorry, I don't mean for this to come across as racist but it seems to me like the AI producers have just tried to pimp her out as this year's black diva (it's like they do it every year) when in reality she just stereotypically tries to mimic vocal stylings of the REAL divas and her voice just comes across as lazy.  At least she didn't pick Whitney but the song choice is still very cliche and the way she sings it's like "Hmm, I'm gonna throw in some little runs all over the place to make it R&B and that means it sounds great" (I guess it's the equivalent of white country girls who "scoop" when they sing because they think that means it will sound good)  LOL Sorry if that sounds bad but Lil just makes herself look bad and it's interesting that she had a video on you-tube last night and now you can't find ANY videos of last night's song...

I don't know who all I would choose for bottom 3....Lil for sure but it's kinda hard to tell who should be there with her.  I have a feeling the bottom 3 may also contain  Anoop, Allison, or Matt  :/  I guess we'll find out

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/15/09 at 5:13 pm

Tonight's top performers:  Kris, Danny and Adam.

All the guys did amazingly well.  I know props were given to Allison but I didn't think that was her best performance.  Poor Lil.  She tries to find herself, only to be ridiculed by Cowell.

Speaking of Cowell, did anyone notice his gag reflex acting up when Kara was commenting on Anoop's performance?  ;D  I hope he was gagging about her; Anoop did alright tonight.

I think Randy has a hearing problem.  I also think they still only have three judges:  Paula, Simon and Randy-Kara.  Paula's stepped up her game this year.  She's a little more coherent...or challenged by Kara or something.

I think you summed it all up very nicely, Midas!  :)

Written By: Midas on 04/15/09 at 5:46 pm

I think you summed it all up very nicely, Midas!  :)

Thanks! :)

It will be interesting to see if Lil apologizes for taking a stand last night.  I can understand that she says she's trying to create an identity and all that, but she's been missing the mark ever since she finished that Mary J. Blige track weeks ago.

Then again, Jason Castro GTX made it to 4th runner up last season and he sucks :D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/15/09 at 10:20 pm

How is it that Lil got more votes than Matt?  >:(  Well, thankfully the judges used the save correctly...I know Matt doesn't have much chance of winning but he at least deserves to stay longer than Lil. 

It'll be rough next week- disco night? I can see Lil trying to pull a Donna Summer number... and Adam busting out that ugly hairdo again.  Right now it's a little tough deciding who should be the 2nd person going home next week

Written By: Midas on 04/15/09 at 11:40 pm

I think it'll be the same people in the bottom three next week.

Anyway, Disco week...some thoughts on song choice:

Lil - "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston or "Best Of My Love" - The Emotions.  Last time you chose the song I said was WRONG for you.  This time, make it right.  Or you're gone. DO NOT sing "Last Dance" by Donna Summer.  Or any Donna Summer.  U Can't Touch Dat.

Adam - "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" - Sylvester.  He can hit those highs. :D  Or "Instant Replay" - Dan Hartman.  Or hell, even Amii Stewart's version of "Knock On Wood".

Danny - He could probably do okay with "Relight My Fire" by Hartman.

Allison - "Fame" by Irene Cara.  Or Blondie's "One Way Or Another" if they classify that as disco.  Hell, even "Atomic".

Matt - "Got To Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye or "Stomp" by Brothers Johnson

I can't figure out what would be good for Anoop or Kris will sing.  Anoop will probably pick "Rock With You" or "Billie Jean" by Jacko which could seal his fate.  Actually, if they could sing some more current disco-y tunes, either one could do alright with Modjo's "Lady".

Written By: robby76 on 04/16/09 at 12:24 am

How is it that Lil got more votes than Matt?  >:(  Well, thankfully the judges used the save correctly...I know Matt doesn't have much chance of winning but he at least deserves to stay longer than Lil. 

WHAT?!?! I've not watched the results show yet but that sort of voting is ludicrous! Maybe they want to keep more females in the last few weeks, as it is very male dominated this year.

Poor poor Matt!  :(

I agree that Lil Rounds has been useless for many weeks now. She should've gone! Then again I suppose the judges needed to use their 'all-new' save a contestant card at some point.  ::)

Written By: Midas on 04/16/09 at 10:41 pm

WHAT?!?! I've not watched the results show yet but that sort of voting is ludicrous! Maybe they want to keep more females in the last few weeks, as it is very male dominated this year.

Poor poor Matt!  :(

I agree that Lil Rounds has been useless for many weeks now. She should've gone! Then again I suppose the judges needed to use their 'all-new' save a contestant card at some point.  ::)

Maybe Matt wasn't really the lowest vote-getter and it was all a scam to boot off Lil and someone else next week.  :o :D  Then again, what was the point in saving him if Simon sez he basically has no chance of winning? :P

Written By: robby76 on 04/16/09 at 10:58 pm

Then again, what was the point in saving him if Simon sez he basically has no chance of winning? :P

Reverse psychology!  ;)  It would've angered all Matt fans into voting twice as much.  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/21/09 at 8:46 pm

Disco night.....The good news is they didn't have the little videos and Seacrest yapping to take up time.....

Lil (I'm Every Woman): The moment they announced Chaka Khan I knew it would be horrid.....she is for sure going home (if not I will be mad  >:( )

Kris (She Works Hard for the Money):  I really liked his arrangement and thought he did a pretty good job

Danny (September): I guess the song choice fits his personality.  He sang good but the dancing and everything was really cheesy

Allison (Hot Stuff): I really didn't like this song choice for her.  Really that song sounds better in a higher range.  But I guess given everything she still did ok

Adam (If I Can't Have You):  Beautiful! Not much else I can say except it was awesome.  Oh and I love how Adam is humble enough to speak up and give credit where credit is due.  Good job!

Matt (Stayin Alive):  Oh Matt, Matt, Matt...  :-\\ First of all, that song should be banned from AI.  His vocals were good but that song is just wayyy too cheesy

Anoop (Dim All the Lights):  It was pretty boring for me, and there were quite a few pitch problems. 

My favorites of the night: Adam & Kris.  Allison & Danny were "ok"    Lil has got to go, and I have a feeling either Matt or Anoop is in danger of going with her...

Written By: Midas on 04/21/09 at 10:53 pm

Here's the problem with tonight...not that it was disco week, but half of them did a Donna Summer song.

Matt and Anoop weren't all that great.  I thought Lil did better than weeks past.  I think the judges at this point are trying to sway the voters.

Bottom 2 - Matt and Anoop based on performance.  Probably Matt and Lil based on popularity

Top 2 - Adam and Kris.  Kris is that surprise contender that nobody knew early on in the competition.  He's bringing it, as he has a penchant for making songs his own without going over the top.

Danny's a great vocalist, but I didn't find his performance that gripping this evening.

Allison did okay; 'twas interesting.

Adam - still the shiznit but I thought his performance was too short.

Written By: robby76 on 04/23/09 at 8:38 am

The cheesefest that was the group song this week was surprisingly great! I loved it all. "Shake Your Body" is classic and they did a good job. Nice to see Archuleta on the show too (though he performed the worst song on his album in my opinion).

I wasn't too sad to see Lil or Anoop go.

And I know he didn't do well last week, but I'm glad Matt's still in. I just hope he learns to control those high pitchy notes.

Written By: Midas on 04/23/09 at 10:20 am

The bottom two were right on.  Next week is Jazz week.  Joy.

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/09 at 2:53 pm

I missed movie week because I had a power failure both Tues and Wed night...

For the last couple of weeks I have been so over Lil (and her advisers...) those wigs need to go! and she needs to get out there and sing for her life... she has done nothing but phoned in her last few performances..... and really- this week and the week before the movie week the judges told her to come out and be herself... and to change up the songs a bit...

seems like Chris, Danny, Amanda and Anoop all took the advise given to Lil... Adam was doing it anyway  ;)

the only surprise would be if Adam didn't win.... I still don't like him but I can't deny he has talent...

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/28/09 at 9:58 pm

TOP 5....Rat Pack/Jazz Standards night......and I think Simon's had some of whatever Paula's smoking  lol  :D

Kris (The Way You Look Tonight):  Not a wow performance but I thought it was pretty tender and sweet

Allison (Someone to Watch Over Me):  I think this was her best vocal yet.  But looking back at the re-cap the whole performance did look a little forced

Matt (My Funny Valentine):  Quite a few pitchy spots...his low notes sounded weird....an overall boring performance  :-\\

Danny (Come Rain or Come Shine):  Great vocals, especially at the end.  I loved his stage presence tonight

Adam (Feeling Good): I think I was expecting a lot more from what they showed in the Jamie Foxx clip.....still it was mind-blowing

Favorites of the night: Adam and Danny.  I have a pretty good feeling it will be Matt going home this week....if not him it will probably be Allison.  I think she did better than Matt & Kris tonight but I guess for some reason she may not have as big an audience as Kris

Written By: Midas on 04/28/09 at 10:32 pm

Matt and Kris are my bottom two this week.  Allison did great.  That youngin' can give the men a run for their money.

Danny's performance got better when he blew it out at the end.

Adam - never disappointing.  I love Randy's dumbfounded face after his performance.

Written By: robby76 on 04/29/09 at 8:06 am

Vocally they were all pretty much spot on. Gonna be tough seeing someone go.

Kris - A little safe, but vocally he did fine and looked the business.

Allison - Finally something I like! Much prefer this than her rocky numbers.

Matt - Okay you might think I'm being biased, but I thought this was great. He took an otherwise boring song and made it rather nice. Loved the vocals and he looked better than he has since the start of the competition - probably due to a bit of sun tanning.

Danny
- Love Danny but this song was a bit blah.

Adam
- Hmmm not sure about this one. The vocals are there but I wouldn't want to listen to it on my ipod if that makes sense.

It's a huge ??? on who will go home. It's a decent Top 5 this year.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/09 at 9:17 pm

I learned after my power failure on Wed and Thurs two weeks ago that I could care less about idol... ;D

I even cared less about Rat Pack night....

as a result I watched Jamie Foxx with the contestants, listened to about 8 notes of singing Either the beginning or the end and listened to the judges comments... I finished the show in about 15 minutes.

I have to admit Danny ended his song really strong.
I did listen to all of Matt's song because I love My Funny Valentine...his rendition wasn't all that...or even half that...

and I don't like the rest so I don't have an opinion.... At this point its Adam contest to lose so as long as he doesn't royally eff up or his fans don't abandon him the next 3 weeks are just for show anyway.....

Written By: robby76 on 04/30/09 at 6:53 am

Nooooooooooo! Matt's gone!  >:( ;)

He was up with some stiff competition, so I won't begrudge the others too much. I shall now have to focus my fandom on somebody else. I'm thinking either Kris or Danny. I do like Adam, but I could never see me buying an album from him.

Written By: Midas on 04/30/09 at 9:21 am

Nooooooooooo! Matt's gone!  >:( ;)

He was up with some stiff competition, so I won't begrudge the others too much. I shall now have to focus my fandom on somebody else. I'm thinking either Kris or Danny. I do like Adam, but I could never see me buying an album from him.

I'd totally buy an Adam Lambert album.  Not to take away from Allison, Danny and Kris because they're very talented, but he has more vocal range than them combined.

At this point anyone could go home.  Looking forward to Rock Week with Slash as mentor 8)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/30/09 at 4:09 pm

I can't believe Adam was in the bottom 2!!!??!!! (Unless, of course, the other person in the "bottom 2" is just a ploy).  But if he actually DID have the 2nd lowest # of votes, I'm a little worried that Seacrest's stupid making him choose which group he "should" be in could have hurt him.  He should have just refused to go anywhere like Melinda did in season 6....instead he actually chose a group which disappointed me as it makes him look big-headed (It's one thing to be confident but have respect for your competitors dude)  Oh well, hopefully the bottom 2 scare will get his fans to vote for him more. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/09 at 4:14 pm

I can't believe Adam was in the bottom 2!!!??!!! (Unless, of course, the other person in the "bottom 2" is just a ploy).  But if he actually DID have the 2nd lowest # of votes, I'm a little worried that Seacrest's stupid making him choose which group he "should" be in could have hurt him.  He should have just refused to go anywhere like Melinda did in season 6....instead he actually chose a group which disappointed me as it makes him look big-headed (It's one thing to be confident but have respect for your competitors dude)   Oh well, hopefully the bottom 2 scare will get his fans to vote for him more. 

Being in the bottom three helped Rueben Stoddard win... because his fans rallied...

I agree I don't really think Adam was in the bottom at all I think the producers are trying to stir up some drama to keep people tuned in....

I mean it doesn't matter which three they put in the bottom as long as one of the three really has the lowest number of votes... all those teeny david archuleta fans will be scurrying to the phones next week and yelling at their parents so they can cast 100 votes each for Adam....

Written By: Dagwood on 04/30/09 at 7:14 pm

I can't believe Adam was in the bottom 2!!!??!!! (Unless, of course, the other person in the "bottom 2" is just a ploy).  But if he actually DID have the 2nd lowest # of votes, I'm a little worried that Seacrest's stupid making him choose which group he "should" be in could have hurt him.  He should have just refused to go anywhere like Melinda did in season 6....instead he actually chose a group which disappointed me as it makes him look big-headed (It's one thing to be confident but have respect for your competitors dude)   Oh well, hopefully the bottom 2 scare will get his fans to vote for him more. 

I don't think it made him look big headed at all, Ryan hadn't said who was safe yet so he was just choosing.  Either group could have been the bottom group since Alison was in one and Matt in the other.  I hate that "choose your group" thing.  They need to not do it.

I don't think he was bottom 2, either.  I think it was a producer ploy.  At this point the only way I could see him losing would be if he pulled a Daughtry and his fans voted to keep someone else safe because they are sure he is safe.

Written By: Michael C. on 05/02/09 at 10:34 am

I've always thought Idol was rigged.

I don't think he was bottom 2, either.  I think it was a producer ploy. 

Written By: Midas on 05/05/09 at 10:38 pm

Tonight the performances started off great with Adam.  Allison did pretty well.  Then it got progressively worse.  Danny shouldn't have done "Dream On"

Adam & Allison's duet was way better then Kris & Danny's.

I'm kinda over Danny at this point.  I'd like to see Allison and Adam compete for the top spot.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/06/09 at 6:18 am

Tonight the performances started off great with Adam.  Allison did pretty well.  Then it got progressively worse.  Danny shouldn't have done "Dream On"

Adam & Allison's duet was way better then Kris & Danny's.

I'm kinda over Danny at this point.  I'd like to see Allison and Adam compete for the top spot.

I agree with you 100%    At first I thought Kris would be the weakest one tonight, but I think Danny's copy-cat performance and horrid scream are sending him home. 

I usually don't feel like voting but I voted like crazy for Adam last night LOL  At this point I don't really care who else goes home as long as it's not Adam.

Written By: robby76 on 05/06/09 at 8:04 am

Much as I hate rock, Adam and Allison were phenomenal. Real stars. Still wouldn't buy anything from them, but worthy contenders for the top spot.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/06/09 at 4:36 pm

Danny's still my #1 for this competition.  While last night may have not been his 'best' performance, he still did very well.  And that scream at the end of 'Dream On' is exactly what Steven Tyler does in the original song...so I don't think people should be criticizing him because of that.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/07/09 at 12:33 am

Allison is out, which is unfortunate, I thought Danny'd be gone myself. . .

so another male finale. . .I think Adam will win this whole thing, but don't worry about Allison, she'll have a deal in no time.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/07/09 at 12:35 am

Oh and what happened to No Doubt, I loved them live when I went to their concert in St. Louis back when I was (scratches head) 18/19 . . .they sucked tonight, well more poignantly Gwen sucked, she had no oomph in her performance and ran around like a chimpanzee, she ruined her own Just a Girl, but hey it's still better than her solo stuff. . .  :-\\

Written By: robby76 on 05/07/09 at 5:43 am

I wasn't sad to see Allison go. Because of her age, she lacks that needed personality. She comes across as too shy. With a show like Idol, personality is just as much a vote clincher as singing ability (see Taylor Hicks  :P).

I agree Danny wasn't his best at rock week, but he has been consistent throughout.

I'm also glad Matt Giraud left when he did as rock week for him would've had me cringing!  :D

Written By: Midas on 05/07/09 at 10:36 am

I think Allison has just as much star quality as Danny or Kris.  She'll do fine in the aftermath.

Liked Daughtry's and Paula's performances.  No Doubt - I had doubts.

The Ford commercial was cheesy.  Then again, so is Seacrust.

It'll be interesting to see what songs the judges pick for the guys as well as what they pick.

Also, there's been some rumours flying around as to who (if anyone) will be leaving Idol.  Paula's contract is up.  Simon sez (allegedly) that he'd jump ship if the show didn't remain as a top-rated show.  In a way, I kinda hope they both leave - not because I don't like them, cuz I do, but without a star-quality judge there's really no reason for me to be sucked in to one more "reality" show next year. :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/09 at 2:21 pm

Boy, was I relieved that Allison left last night instead of Danny!  :D

It'll be interesting to see what happens from this point on.  I have a feeling that Kris will go out next and that Adam will probably end up winning the title of 'American Idol'...but I'd really love to see Danny win it!  :)

In reply to Midas about judges leaving...if anyone's gotta go, I hope it's Paula.  Never cared much for her.  Seems like she's more interested in how the contestants are dressed than whether or not they can sing.  Simon's gotta stay.  He makes the show, IMO.   

Written By: Midas on 05/07/09 at 2:29 pm

Boy, was I relieved that Allison left last night instead of Danny!  :D

It'll be interesting to see what happens from this point on.  I have a feeling that Kris will go out next and that Adam will probably end up winning the title of 'American Idol'...but I'd really love to see Danny win it!  :)

In reply to Midas about judges leaving...if anyone's gotta go, I hope it's Paula.  Never cared much for her.  Seems like she's more interested in how the contestants are dressed than whether or not they can sing.  Simon's gotta stay.  He makes the show, IMO.   

We'll find out in a couple weeks. :D

I like Simon as he is brutally honest and won't ever give any fluff commentary.  I didn't care much for Paula until this season (because before she often sounded incoherent) when Kara was put into the mix.  Kara's annoying.  Randy often has a hearing problem.

Oh, and if they could switch Tom Bergeron with Seacrust, I'd be happy with that as I have a hard enough time watching Dancing With The Stars :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/09 at 2:39 pm

We'll find out in a couple weeks. :D

Indeed we will!  ;)

I like Simon as he is brutally honest and won't ever give any fluff commentary.  I didn't care much for Paula until this season (because before she often sounded incoherent) when Kara was put into the mix.  Kara's annoying.  Randy often has a hearing problem.

I like Simon's brutal honesty as well.  I almost always agree with what he has to say about people's performances.  He's definitely got a good ear for talent.  Kara doesn't really bother me, but sometimes her critiques are a bit much.  And yes, I also agree that Randy has a hearing problem.  Seems to have gotten worse this season.

The constant 'flirting' between Simon and Paula needs to stop, as I think that takes too much time away from the show.  It's like a soap opera at times.  That would also be another good reason for Paula to go.

Oh, and if they could switch Tom Bergeron with Seacrust, I'd be happy with that as I have a hard enough time watching Dancing With The Stars :P

I think Ryan Seacrest is okay as a host.  Don't bring in Tom Bergeron.  I couldn't stand him on America's Funniest Home Videos.  8-P

Written By: Midas on 05/07/09 at 5:20 pm

Indeed we will!  ;)

I like Simon's brutal honesty as well.  I almost always agree with what he has to say about people's performances.  He's definitely got a good ear for talent.  Kara doesn't really bother me, but sometimes her critiques are a bit much.  And yes, I also agree that Randy has a hearing problem.  Seems to have gotten worse this season.

The constant 'flirting' between Simon and Paula needs to stop, as I think that takes too much time away from the show.  It's like a soap opera at times.  That would also be another good reason for Paula to go.

I think Ryan Seacrest is okay as a host.  Don't bring in Tom Bergeron.  I couldn't stand him on America's Funniest Home Videos.  8-P

I think four judges is one too many.  Hopefully they'll go back to three.

Seacrest is an egomaniacal tool with a pretty face.  His studio for his radio show remained vacant yesterday morning as he ordered that Phoenix-based DJs Johnjay and Rich were not allowed to use his studios for their morning show, even though they've used it in the past.  As host of American Idol he looks like a real-life Guy Smiley.

http://eyjan.is/freedomfries/wp-content/uploads/magnus/folder_2/guy_smiley.jpg

His best moments were when Brangelina snubbed him on the red carpet and when he tried to hi-five Scott MacIntyre.  :D

Written By: robby76 on 05/07/09 at 8:09 pm

In the local press, they've been commenting on how Kara has only signed on for 1 year. Another article said Simon has a tough time juggling his 2 UK judging shows and AI; and that his contract with AI is up this year and he will "probably" let that go. I think Paula is the one to go and they're trying to play it down by diverting attention to others leaving. They've made an effort to make Paula go out with a bang (her performing, choreographing group songs). I can see the footage all being used for a big send-off.

Written By: Midas on 05/13/09 at 7:37 am

OK - it's gonna get interesting:

Danny - I liked "Dance Little Sister" - he was solid throughout.  I wish he would've yelled "GET UP OFF OF YOUR ROCKING CHAIR GRANDMA!!!!" :D
On "You Are So Beautiful", he once again started off kinda mediocre and finished big.

Kris - "Apologize" was boring to me.  But damn if I wasn't smiling when Simon dissed Kara during his commentary.  :)
"Heartless" was freakin' AMAZING.  Before Kris started I had a preconceived notion that he wasn't gonna pull off this track that was originally sung on Autotune but he freakin nailed it acoustically and vocally.

Adam - "One" was brilliant.  He's got star power and still miles ahead of the competition. 
That being said, although he did a good job on "Cryin'", It wasn't memorable for me.

At this point I'd like to see Adam and Kris go head-to-head next week.  Maybe even bring in a cage for a deathmatch. :D  Then have Ryan and Kara duke it out for their lives cuz they both suck.

The whole 4-judge formula isn't working and almost makes it uncomfortable to watch.  I hope they go back to three next season and hey, if Paula and Simon are out then I probably will get my Tuesday and Wednesday nights back next season. :D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/13/09 at 5:03 pm

Midas, once again I pretty much agreed with everything you said  :)

I wasn't really paying attention to Danny's first song, but both performances seemed just "ok" nothing great.

Kris's first song was alright but a little boring.  When he said he was doing "Heartless" by Kanye West I was thinking IDOL SUICIDE but I was shocked and amazed by what he did.  Awesome, and MUCH better than the original.  I can just imagine, after the first song when Kara was saying "I hope you take some risks with your 2nd song" he was probably thinking "Ooh if you only knew, b*tch!" LOL

Adam was brilliant as always.  He had better win this thing- I'm sick of hearing people who have no musical knowledge say he just screeches like a cat....there's a HUGE difference between screaming and belting a high range...and the sticking his tongue out....that's actually a vocal technique for projecting.  Adam is the most professional singer this show as ever seen and even though I don't care for his emo look, his talent deserves the title.  Oh well, I must say though, I do agree that Adam's "Crying" wasn't as memorable a performance as I would like but that may be because he sang right after Kris made that brilliant move.  I was actually hoping Adam would do a slow song as I like those better

I wish they would kick Seacrest off the show.  He is the whole reason the show always goes into overtime.  I mean bad enough that Paula keeps bickering with Simon, but then Ryan just eggs it on  ("Hmm, how can I get myself more air time?") When I was at the auditions even the film crew were getting annoyed with him like "Quit goofing off! We have some auditions to get to so lets hurry up"  But he kept goofing off bumping into people and answering people's cell phones for them and being a diva ("I need more boom.  I need more light over here")  8-P

Written By: Dagwood on 05/13/09 at 6:47 pm

I wanted to smack Kara last night when she jumped on Kris for singing Apologize....duh, broad, you picked the damn song.  Don't jump on him for being safe singing it.  I wish she would leave. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/09 at 8:44 pm

I have no idea.... I stopped watching a couple weeks ago and found I don't miss it at all.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/14/09 at 3:50 pm

I'm very sad that Danny was eliminated last night.  :(

He was by far my favorite and the most talented vocally (though he did lack a bit in his stage presence...i.e. dancing was awkward). 

I'm gonna miss his smile.    

Written By: Midas on 05/15/09 at 10:14 am

I started to lose interest in Danny after "Scream On" :D  He is very good vocally, yes, but I think he lacked some originalilty and didn't stand out as much as the other two.

What's funny is that I don't recall Kris being featured much, if at all in the early audition rounds.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/09 at 7:52 pm

I started to lose interest in Danny after "Scream On" :D  He is very good vocally, yes, but I think he lacked some originalilty and didn't stand out as much as the other two.

What's funny is that I don't recall Kris being featured much, if at all in the early audition rounds.

That scream was awful. ;D

In season 4 the same thing happened with Bo as Chris.  They didn't show much of him until the live shows.  They didn't show his audition clip until the finale.  Guess they didn't think either would make it very far.

Written By: NbC on 05/16/09 at 7:26 am

I'm very sad that Danny was eliminated last night.  :(

He was by far my favorite and the most talented vocally (though he did lack a bit in his stage presence...i.e. dancing was awkward). 

I'm gonna miss his smile.    

I thought from the beginning that the final two would be Danny and Adam.  What a shock that it would be Kris competing against Adam.  I would be even more shocked if Kris won.  What a combo.  Kris against Adam.  Sorry but he is boring and I don't see anything special about him.  Next week will be interesting. 

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 11:20 pm

I pissed off some teeny booper cashier at Best buy. They had a mag with Adam on the Cover... btw--- is it fair to put only Adam on the cover of a mag during the competition... I mean doesn't that give him an edge? 

anyway... I was telling my friend how I don't like Adam. I recognize he has talent but I don't like him... and I would guess he now possesses the ego that ate Idol...it happens every year....  someone's head becomes as big as Simon's and Ryans... if not bigger...

anyway the cashier got all upset... "YOU DON'T LIKE ADAM!!!! WHY NOT?!?!?" then she tore my receipt taking it off the register  ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/20/09 at 12:05 am

I don't dislike Adam, and respect his vocal ability, tonight I thought his first song was fantastic (judges didn't) I thought his second song sucked (Judges didn't) and I thought the third one was eh.  ..(Judges were mixed)    Kris has a more likeable personality, but that's not to say I think Adam is any worse than a typical 'kid' his age.  Kris just has a midwest charm.  I thought Kris was awesome on his first song, and I disagreed with the judges on his second one two (That was really cool the way he staged it) but that third one, he didn't do so well, I mean pulling in and out from the Mic made some notes unreachable, and it showed the talent difference clearly being in Adam's corner on vocals, though it's arguable overall since Kris can play the piano and the guitar.  I realize he's a bit egoish, but I don't really think it's that big. . .yet.  Kris is good at playing the modest card, but he has to know that him being the most attractive and normal of the final four played a huge role in him beating out the last two rounds. . .Not that he's not good, but he beat out stronger competitors each of the last two rounds.

I think Adam will win, based on vocal ability and range, but if Kris won I wouldn't exactly be upset--or shocked like Simon would be. 

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/09 at 7:30 am

I would like to see Adam win, but I wouldn't be upset if it is Kris.  I think I like Adam more because of the rock thing.  In my opinion, neither did well on the third song because the song was crap.  I have only liked one Idol original song, and that was Kelly's. 

Written By: robby76 on 05/20/09 at 7:57 am

I love Adam’s “Mad World”. All about song choice at the end of the day!
His 2nd one was too bluesy… not a fan. He sang well but it aged him.
Idol song – Song was very mediocre, not feeling it at all.

Kris – “Ain’t No Sunshine”… like him more, love his voice, song was okay.
2nd one was okay. Nice strummy guitar but nothing special.
Idol song – His low notes let him down. He looked like he was struggling. Not good.

Overall I like Kris more, but I know Adam will win... which is fine as he did the better job.

Written By: Midas on 05/20/09 at 2:53 pm

I would like to see Adam win, but I wouldn't be upset if it is Kris.  I think I like Adam more because of the rock thing.  In my opinion, neither did well on the third song because the song was crap. 

Agreed.  However, Adam fared a little better on the crap song than Kris. :D

1st round - Adam didn't really do any better than the first time he sang "Mad World".  Kris, however, did.
2nd round - Adam did what Adam does best on the Sam Cooke tune.  Kris was alright but not the better of the two.

If you look at the big picture - Adam has been consistent and near flawless with every performance.  Kris was one that got better as the competition went on.

That being said, at this point I don't care who wins as they're both talented artists. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/20/09 at 3:58 pm

I loved Kris's rendition of Bill Withers's 'Ain't No Sunshine'!  8)

I'm starting to notice that Adam sounds the same in every song he sings...and that 'screeching' he does is really starting to get to me!  Everybody seems to be in favor of him winning, and I think for that reason I'm gonna root for Kris now, as he's the 'underdog'! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/21/09 at 12:05 am

Well....it finally happened.  I was drawn into watching American Idol for the first time ever. Lady Di & Julie smugly looked at me and said, "hey Mikey, you're watching American Idol" and then they chuckled  8)    the incredible lineup of Rock Legends that were on tonight included Fergie, Cyndi Lauper, Carlos Santana, Lionel Richie, Rod Stewart, Kiss and Queen.
so basically I only watched it to see the classic rock stars  ::) 

Written By: Midas on 05/21/09 at 9:39 am

Well....it finally happened.  I was drawn into watching American Idol for the first time ever. Lady Di & Julie smugly looked at me and said, "hey Mikey, you're watching American Idol" and then they chuckled  8)     the incredible lineup of Rock Legends that were on tonight included Fergie, Cyndi Lauper, Carlos Santana, Lionel Richie, Rod Stewart, Kiss and Queen.
so basically I only watched it to see the classic rock stars  ::) 

It's all good.  ;D

So the underdog prevailed.  Good for Kris.  Both he and Adam are going to do well. :)

Written By: robby76 on 05/21/09 at 10:45 am

I think Kris needed to win - Adam didn't.

The results show was rather entertaining. I wasn’t going to tune in, but there was nothing else on. Cyndi Lauper was great and Lionel Richie proves how his songwriting talents have reached new lows… can't believe his new song has the lyric “prepare your meals”?! Adam with Kiss was rather good (visually). And Rod Stewart sang a good one too.

When Kris sang the winning song right at the end, he did a much better job of it than yesterday. Nice job and he proved his worthiness at the last minute.

Written By: Midas on 05/21/09 at 11:41 am

When Kris sang the winning song right at the end, he did a much better job of it than yesterday. Nice job and he proved his worthiness at the last minute.

Agreed.  And he rocked with Keith Urban.

KISS and Rod Stewart were the highlights for me.  Also liked Black Eyed Peas.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/09 at 11:48 am

Kiss and Queen were the highlights for me.  I thought it was a great results show, even if it wasn't the results I was rooting for.  I don't mind Kris winning, though.  Adam will do well either way.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/09 at 2:17 pm

KISS and Rod Stewart were the highlights for me.  Also liked Black Eyed Peas.

Heh!  Even my kids loved seeing KISS up there on stage in their wild costumes!  ;D

Back to the winner...

I'm happy to see that Kris was the one to prevail, as I was getting rather tired of Adam's 'over-confidence'.  ::)  I'm sure anybody who went as far as the Top 5 will have good careers in music.  Great season.  8)

Written By: Paul on 05/21/09 at 3:13 pm

So, another Simon Cowell cash-fest comes to an end...'til the next time... ;)

And while you're waiting for that next time, why not have a guffaw at what Si was up to nearly 30 years ago!  :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/09 at 3:25 pm

So, another Simon Cowell cash-fest comes to an end...'til the next time... ;)

I read not too long ago that he's one of the richest men in the UK!  :o

And while you're waiting for that next time, why not have a guffaw at what Si was up to nearly 30 years ago!  :D

Good Grief!  ;D ::)

Written By: Paul on 05/21/09 at 3:27 pm

I read not too long ago that he's one of the richest men in the UK!  :o

He quite feasibly is...mind you, he was born into money, so that might have helped!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/09 at 3:34 pm

He quite feasibly is...mind you, he was born into money, so that might have helped!

Oh, I didn't know that!  ???

Written By: Paul on 05/21/09 at 3:39 pm

Oh, I didn't know that!  ???

Yes, his father was a fairly big mover in the music industry and 'shoehorned' him into the same career by pulling a few strings...

I suppose dressing in a dog costume was all part and parcel of the 'learning curve'!  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/09 at 3:51 pm

Yes, his father was a fairly big mover in the music industry and 'shoehorned' him into the same career by pulling a few strings...

I see...

I suppose dressing in a dog costume was all part and parcel of the 'learning curve'!  ;)

Too bad they don't show that on American Idol...that would really embarrass him!  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/21/09 at 7:28 pm

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that Adam didn't win but on the other hand I am glad he won't be bound to the American Idol contract.  He will for sure get a better record deal, and a year from now I bet you Kris Allen will be old news but people will still be listening for Adam.

The results show as a whole was pretty entertaining though.  Normund Gentle's guest appearance was hilarious and so was Kara outsinging stupid bikini girl.  The KISS performance was awesome.  Is it just me or does it always seem each season the finale is exciting until they announce the results and then it's so....blah

Written By: snozberries on 05/21/09 at 9:19 pm

Honestly I was shocked to hear Adam didn't win... I thought he had it in the bag....ah well... I'm still annoyed by that, I'm a Rock Star performance Kris did a while back so I really didn't want him to win.... but since I don't plan on buying either albums I'm not too phased...

I know Danny sang with Lionel Ritchie
Amanda with Cyndi Lauper...

what were the other pairings... and which should I scope out on Youtube or idol.com?

Written By: NbC on 05/22/09 at 3:14 am

Seemed that Kris himself was shocked by the results.  The first thing that he said was that Adam deserved it. He even looked reluctant to accept the title.  Shows what a nice guy he really is.  American Idol isn't all about talent, it is how popular you are to the general public.  Obviously, Adam is the one with the most talent vocally but he just wouldn't appeal as much to the younger crowd.  I am guessing they make up a large chunk of who actually votes.  It was a great finale regardless.  The best finale they have ever had, IMO.  What a line up. 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/22/09 at 3:36 am

Seemed that Kris himself was shocked by the results.  The first thing that he said was that Adam deserved it. He even looked reluctant to accept the title.  Shows what a nice guy he really is.  American Idol isn't all about talent, it is how popular you are to the general public.  Obviously, Adam is the one with the most talent vocally but he just wouldn't appeal as much to the younger crowd.  I am guessing they make up a large chunk of who actually votes.  It was a great finale regardless.  The best finale they have ever had, IMO.  What a line up. 

Yeah of course, if fans of Green Day, KISS, Queen and the rock bands that Adam can perform like were to watch the show or be fans, you know a more diverse audience, Adam would have won, either way, the top 4 this year will all get record deals, and a few years from now, Adam will be the biggest name of the four--I never had interest in Idol before Adam Lambert, hearing him sing "Mad World" earlier in the season while my new landlord was watching the show got me to come in and sit down and watch, I followed every week for the rest of the season because of Adam, his vocals are crazy good, he can cover so many genres, and has a range I haven't heard from a male ever--I mean even among women, only a select few have as large of a scale as Adam does.  Very talented young man who I think people judged more on his femininity than his talent in the end. .. safe beat radical, but Adam will make it big--and much bigger than his 12 counterparts will when all is said and done.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/22/09 at 3:40 am

Honestly I was shocked to hear Adam didn't win... I thought he had it in the bag....ah well... I'm still annoyed by that, I'm a Rock Star performance Kris did a while back so I really didn't want him to win.... but since I don't plan on buying either albums I'm not too phased...

I know Danny sang with Lionel Ritchie
Amanda with Cyndi Lauper...

what were the other pairings... and which should I scope out on Youtube or idol.com?

Only the Lionel Ritchie, Queen, and Kiss performances were particularly memorable for me.

Cyndi Lauper was kind of rough on the ears--if not for Amanda I wouldn't have been able to stand it--Cyndi's vocals aren't as powerful as they used to be.  Fergie was OK--except her lyrics have always sucked for me, and The Black Eyed Peas brought nothing to the table.

Pink's song "So What" was covered by the final 13 that was kind of fun

Queen Latifah did alright too--though nothing special in that performance for me

Written By: robby76 on 05/22/09 at 6:47 am

...and The Black Eyed Peas brought nothing to the table.

Agreed - that was just dross. I could've composed that in 5 minutes whilst waiting for a bus. That's exactly what I mean by hating 00s music in the other thread.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/23/09 at 2:17 pm

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that Adam didn't win but on the other hand I am glad he won't be bound to the American Idol contract.  He will for sure get a better record deal, and a year from now I bet you Kris Allen will be old news but people will still be listening for Adam.

He still could be.  19E gets first shot at all the contestants that don't win.

Check for new replies or respond here...