inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No Air...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/09 at 5:55 pm

The news about Chris Brown is slowly coming out.  Apparently he choked Rihanna till she passed out.  She has a split lip and a few bruises upside her head.

Today I now see news accounts where his buds are coming out, saying what a "good kid" he is.  You name, the same old "he is such a nice guy, never got into any trouble, shovelled the snow for little old ladies" crap talk.  Next you'll hear how he is "putting his life back together".  One friend said that Brown "feels bad about how he and Rihanna handled this."

His ads have been pulled from mags, radio, and TV.  And lots of stations are no longer running his music.  Sounds like his hit with Jordin Sparks was prophetic... he is finding himself with "No Air".

I feel bad for Jordin, cause this is gonna cost her alot of money.  But somehow I don't think that she minds this one bit, in support of Riri.  :-\\

HOWEVER... Brown was a cash machine for the music industry.  So I envision, even now, the moguls feverishly working to figure out how to disinfect Brown and get him back on the charts.  ::)  I'm thinking he shifts to gangster rap.

Subject: Re: No Air...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/09 at 8:09 pm

Who the hell are any of these people?  ??? ??? ???

And why should I care???  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/09 at 10:16 pm

Jordin Sparks won American Idol a couple a years ago.

Rihanna is that smoking hot chick who sang "Disturbia" and "Take a Bow".

Chris Brown is the future inmate who did the duet "No Air" with Jordin Sparks.  He is also a complete butt munch.

Why should you care?  Because this is pop culture!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/09 at 11:22 pm

Because Rihanna normally looks like this ...

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/2/20652/36_2007/rihanna.jpg

Written By: tv on 02/12/09 at 11:38 am

HOWEVER... Brown was a cash machine for the music industry.  So I envision, even now, the moguls feverishly working to figure out how to disinfect Brown and get him back on the charts.  ::)  I'm thinking he shifts to gangster rap.
I don;t think he shifts to gangsta rap...look what happened to MC Hammer when he tried to switch from pop--rap to gansta rap in the 90's...didn;t work out too well for him.

Chris Brown should just wait 3-4 years to put an out album I think but than again how much will the music industry in terms of music trends change in 4 years? You never really know thats the thing as far as popular/current music trends go. I think thats the only way for Chris Brown to be relevant in the music scene in the long term is too wait 4 years to put out an album.

Written By: EthanM on 02/12/09 at 11:45 pm

He might need to cut down on touring but  don't think his next album will be delayed much. If he puts out a charity single and takes an anger management class he'll probably be back on top of the charts by the end of the year.

Written By: Jessica on 02/19/09 at 8:36 pm

If anyone is interested, TMZ has a picture of her after the beat down.  It's not pretty. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 9:10 pm

There is no should.  If you don't know who any of these people are, you probably don't care.  I asked the same questions when the story broke!
;)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/19/09 at 11:16 pm

I just started caring!  ;D

Chris Brown never appealed to me and Rihanna's music makes me wanna puke!  8-P
The news is interesting enough to make "me" care.

But I hope she's okay!

Written By: Tiramisu on 03/04/09 at 11:21 pm

i never liked him. always seemed like a punk to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...