inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Father 13 - Mother 15

Written By: Tam on 02/16/09 at 11:44 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

Normally, I would say a little something when posting a link; but this completely has me speechless.
Honestly, I am at a loss for words.....

Subject: Re: Father 13 - Mother 15

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 12:08 am

It's even better because they don't know if the 13 year old is the father or not.  Two other guys (the last time I checked) have come forward claiming to be the baby daddy.  I think we need to ship ol' Maury Povich overseas to conduct some paternity tests. :D

I find it sad, but not shocking.  I've seen too many teenage pregnancies to be fazed by this.  Hell, a girl I went to school with got knocked up in the sixth grade when she was 12.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/09 at 3:51 am

The latest reports are that 2 teenage boys have come forward claiming to be the father, and there is a possibility of 5 other teenage boys could be the father too.

Written By: ninny on 02/17/09 at 5:45 am

It is shocking at first,but lets give the boy credit for being there for her and the baby,like his father said he could have sat at home and played video games. He was at the hospital and does seem to care about the baby.Who knows how he will feel a year from now,but then you never know if couples who are older & married will be together a year from now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/09 at 5:56 am

Aflie has promised to do his best to look after and bring up the baby, but when asked by a journalist how will he cope financially, he replied "What does financially mean?".

Written By: Davester on 02/17/09 at 7:05 am

I wonder why this case has received so much publicity.  Surely, even early-teen pregnancy rates are known to be a problem..?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/09 at 7:07 am

I wonder why this case has received so much publicity.  Surely, even early-teen pregnancy rates are known to be a problem..?
It must be the low age of both of the parents concerned that is attracting the attention, I am waiting for the blanket tv coverage to begin.

Written By: Davester on 02/17/09 at 7:16 am

It must be the low age of both of the parents concerned that is attracting the attention, I am waiting for the blanket tv coverage to begin.

Maybe early-teen pregnancies aren't as common in the UK.  I'm glad the kids' parents are being supportive.  Better for the baby in the long run...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/09 at 7:21 am

Maybe early-teen pregnancies aren't as common in the UK.  I'm glad the kids' parents are being supportive.  Better for the baby in the long run...
Early teen pregnancies has hit the news over here and with this headline I fear more will happen.

Written By: Davester on 02/17/09 at 7:27 am

Early teen pregnancies has hit the news over here and with this headline I fear more will happen.

Copycat pregnancies, eh?  Better tell the kids to wrap them rascals.  Sounds like a story for the Onion if it weren't so serious...

BTW, do they make 'em that small?  Nevermind...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 8:38 am

Copycat pregnancies, eh?  Better tell the kids to wrap them rascals.  Sounds like a story for the Onion if it weren't so serious...

BTW, do they make 'em that small?  Nevermind...

I have heard proposals of junior-sized condoms!  You'd have to hand 'em out for free at school, of course!  Not that this little Einstein would have used one of the things. 

Anyway, if you can get your drawers in a twist over this story, I'll trade worries with you!

::)

Written By: joeman on 02/17/09 at 9:56 am

This is a bit strange, but back a thousand or two years ago, it wasn't uncommon for someone to give birth at a young age like 12 or 13.  One of the wives of Islamic Prophet Muhammad was pregnant when she was 9!

Anyways, this is a bit interesting, maybe this might a new trend and being 13 is a marriage norm; generations will then get shorter parents of the baby parents will take care of them causing alot of financial struggle.

Written By: karen on 02/17/09 at 10:04 am

The UK has about the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe.  It's in the news because someone approached the newspaper to sell their story.  ::) Also, I think, it is the young age of the father that is the 'issue'.

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 10:06 am

The UK has about the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe.  It's in the news because someone approached the newspaper to sell their story.  ::) Also, I think, it is the young age of the father that is the 'issue'.

And the fact that he looks really freakin' young.  I thought he was like 8 years old when I first saw a pic of him! ;D

Written By: karen on 02/17/09 at 10:30 am

And the fact that he looks really freakin' young.  I thought he was like 8 years old when I first saw a pic of him! ;D

I haven't read the article but I've read another discussion on it and that was the main thing I picked up.  He looks about 8 and she looks about 20 apparently

Written By: La Roche on 02/17/09 at 10:36 am

I don't quite understand the issue. (Well, I do, obviously, but keep reading.) Back in school we had a girl give birth at 13, I don't remember there being any news about it.

Written By: karen on 02/17/09 at 10:51 am

I don't quite understand the issue. (Well, I do, obviously, but keep reading.) Back in school we had a girl give birth at 13, I don't remember there being any news about it.

Exactly,  I know of a girl (older sister of someone in my year) on our estate who was 12 or 13 when she gave birth.  And two or three in my year at school left at 14/15 to have a kid.

A friend of mine recalls being age 7 and someone in his class said "My dad's 21 today" and everyone thinking it was the old thing of a parent hiding their real age.  Turns out the dad really was going to be 21!

Written By: Tam on 02/17/09 at 11:32 am

What I am speechless about is how the story is being covered.

I am well aware, like others, that teenage pregnancy exists and it isn't apparently that big of a deal. I just don't understand why they are treating these kids the way they are. In another article I found, like several people have already said, her parents allowed boys to stay over night and sleep in the same bed.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i1FI2M2zt58TDT28d9mtdtedGUJw AP

Why aren't the parents being looked at? Obviously, if they allowed such things to go on in their house - they wanted something to happen: a child to come of it in order to sell their story to the press for general fame because of the situation.

I don't know what else to say....

Written By: ninny on 02/17/09 at 6:46 pm

I am well aware, like others, that teenage pregnancy exists and it isn't apparently that big of a deal. I just don't understand why they are treating these kids the way they are. In another article I found, like several people have already said, her parents allowed boys to stay over night and sleep in the same bed.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i1FI2M2zt58TDT28d9mtdtedGUJw AP

Why aren't the parents being looked at? Obviously, if they allowed such things to go on in their house - they wanted something to happen: a child to come of it in order to sell their story to the press for general fame because of the situation.

The girls parents would be the only ones that have done something wrong.I'm not sure what type of parents would let several young men sleep with their daughter. I'm sure the boy Alfie's parents didn't think sex would be involved when he asked to spend the night.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 7:10 pm

This is a bit strange, but back a thousand or two years ago, it wasn't uncommon for someone to give birth at a young age like 12 or 13.  One of the wives of Islamic Prophet Muhammad was pregnant when she was 9!

Anyways, this is a bit interesting, maybe this might a new trend and being 13 is a marriage norm; generations will then get shorter parents of the baby parents will take care of them causing alot of financial struggle.

While it's biologically possible, pregnancy and childbirth before the age of 15 (give or take depending on the individual) can cause a great deal of complications.  Crudely speaking, the plumbing isn't fully installed yet.  A 12-year-old mom might have been more common a thousand years ago, but so was peripartum mortality.

This story reminds me of a gritty movie about skinheads in the early '80s called "This is England."  The kid's about 12 and he's necking with this 15-year-old chick in the gang...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480025/

Written By: gibbo on 02/17/09 at 8:09 pm

Yes I agree ....the real issue is the parents. I am not shocked about teenage pregnancy but more that this 15 year old girl has been allowed to be with several boys. Was she taking their pocket money for favours?  Kids are always going to get together but it is parents job to educate and ensure this sort of thing cannot happen at such an age.  They are of a welfare mindset and the cycle has just been perpetuated.....

Also, why would other boys come forward as possible fathers to the baby?  They must smell a buck in this somewhere!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 11:22 pm

It seems to make a media splash only when it's a a young teen boy is involved. 

I remember a couple of girls who got pregnant at 14 or 15 when I was in school.

There was this chick named Penny who got knocked up by her 23-year-old boyfriend when she 14.  She dropped out of the 8th grade.  I was glad 'coz she was the meanest girl in the halls!   Then I ran into the demented little family at work a few years later. 

I see this greaseball in a WWF t-shirt and some crazy sweatpants and he's got some bleach blonde in tow; she looks like something out of a ZZ Top video.  I notice the guy is carrying a toddler bunted up in Rambo fatigues.  Typical Saturday afternoon at the grocery store, so I don't think anything of it.  Then I look up from my box of cans and notice they're standing if front of me.  Didn't recognize her.
"Hi Max, Remember me," she sneers.
"Un, no, I'm afraid not," I mutter and go back to labeling the cans.  Then the guy screams,
"SCHOOL, YA F**KIN' IDIOT!!!"
I shift my gaze upwards into a pair of psychopathic eyes you might see on a prison documentary.   A pricing gun is lousy defense, so I pantomimed remembering something and went to the back room. 

The two of them would show up at the store occasionally with the kid and jeer at me.  Why? I dunno, there are sick-o people out there.  They once tried to get me fired by telling the manager I made some kind of lewd overtures to Penny.  Old Fredrickson actually gave it the time of day.  He called me into his office and confronted me about it.  I was speechless!
"Have ever done anything like...I mean...them?  But they're insane...can't you see that...why...why would you even..."
Fredrickson just grumbled, "Okay, okay, get back to work."

I don't what became of Penny and family, but I always feared for how that little boy was gonna grow up!

Anyway, that's just to relate my own experience with what can happen when kids and psychopaths mate...
:P

Written By: whistledog on 02/19/09 at 9:34 am

When it comes time to change the baby's pants, how is the father gonna do that when he isn't even old enough to change his own? :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/09 at 9:57 am

Another latest report from the UK Media:

Alfie's brother caught be the father.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 1:47 pm

When it comes time to change the baby's pants, how is the father gonna do that when he isn't even old enough to change his own? :D

Good one!
;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 1:49 pm

Another latest report from the UK Media:

Alfie's brother caught be the father.

What's it all about, Alfie?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/09 at 4:17 am

What's it all about, Alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?

Written By: Gis on 02/20/09 at 10:39 am

I think this story is headline news partly because they sld it to the press and partly because he is so young. To be blunt if she was 13 and he 15 the papers wouldn't care less!
However it must be pointed out that it is ILLEGAL! What the hell were her parents thinking??

Mind you if you saw a picture of his mother!  :o My god that was a terrifying sight!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/20/09 at 8:07 pm

Better tell the kids to wrap them rascals. 

BTW, do they make 'em that small?

Yeah, they make extra-small condooms.

A buddy of mine told me that.

Really.

Written By: Stompgal on 02/21/09 at 6:34 am

This is one of the most shocking stories this year so far. A lot of people thought Alfie looked 8 due to his "baby-faced" description. I even found the story ridiculous because in the UK, sex is illegal for under 16s and the couple are obviously too young to be parents.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/09 at 6:58 am

This is one of the most shocking stories this year so far. A lot of people thought Alfie looked 8 due to his "baby-faced" description. I even found the story ridiculous because in the UK, sex is illegal for under 16s and the couple are obviously too young to be parents.
...both parents due still get the Child Benefit.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/09 at 1:04 pm

Yeah, they make extra-small condooms.

A buddy of mine told me that.

Really.

Sure, LB, a buddy o' yours told you!  Heh-heh, I'm just ribbing ya!

That's gotta be an embarrassing item to buy at the drugstore, especially if they've got pictures of Barney on the package (I don't mean Barney Frank).  "Excuse me sir, you know you've selected the...
Grrrr...they're for my, my SON!  And what the hell are YOU lookin' at anyway!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

Who knows, maybe the kid was hung like Wadd, Jr.!

I think this story is headline news partly because they sld it to the press and partly because he is so young. To be blunt if she was 13 and he 15 the papers wouldn't care less!
However it must be pointed out that it is ILLEGAL! What the hell were her parents thinking??

I dunno that it's illegal.  George Orwell wrote about poor families in the north of England in which there were two beds for a family of six.  Mother and the daughters slept together while father and the sons slept together, so arranged to avoid that kind of thing!  It's not a bad form of birth control, I should say!  I'm sure it's been done and continues to be done in impoverished places all over the world.  I just mention what Orwell wrote because it's England.  On the other hand, George also mentioned in his Paris memoirs in the flophouse he was living in for a time there was a father who slept with his two teenage daughters in the same bed, all three of them consumptive.

8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/09 at 1:07 pm

Sure, LB, a buddy o' yours told you!

That's gotta be an embarrassing item to buy at the drugstore, especially if they've got pictures of Barney on the package (I don't mean Barney Frank).  "Excuse me sir, you know you've selected the...

Who knows, maybe the kid was hung like Wadd, Jr.!

That's why I always buy Magnum XL's.  Sure, sometime I have to shim them up a little bit, but that's a small price to pay.  ;)  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/09 at 1:14 pm

That's why I always buy Magnum XL's.  Sure, sometime I have to shim them up a little bit, but that's a small price to pay.   ;)  ;D

Plus when your done you don't have just throw 'em out, you can use 'em to line the trash can!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/09 at 1:15 pm

Plus when your done you don't have just throw 'em out, you can use 'em to line the trash can!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

;D ;D ;D

Written By: karen on 02/21/09 at 4:11 pm

I dunno that it's illegal.  George Orwell wrote about poor families in the north of England in which there were two beds for a family of six.  Mother and the daughters slept together while father and the sons slept together, so arranged to avoid that kind of thing!  It's not a bad form of birth control, I should say!  I'm sure it's been done and continues to be done in impoverished places all over the world.  I just mention what Orwell wrote because it's England.  On the other hand, George also mentioned in his Paris memoirs in the flophouse he was living in for a time there was a father who slept with his two teenage daughters in the same bed, all three of them consumptive.

8)

It's illegal because the age of consent is 16 in the UK

Written By: Davester on 02/21/09 at 5:05 pm

Barney..!

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/09 at 8:03 pm

It's illegal because the age of consent is 16 in the UK

Oh...I was thinking the act of them sleeping in the same bed would not be illegal even though the horizontal mambo would be illegal!
:-[

Written By: karen on 02/21/09 at 8:33 pm

Oh...I was thinking the act of them sleeping in the same bed would not be illegal even the the horizontal mambo would be illegal!
:-[

Hmm.  I never looked at it that way.  That explains the rest of your post!  I read it and started wondeirng what the hell you were going on about!

My apologies

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/09 at 5:24 am

Hmm.  I never looked at it that way.  That explains the rest of your post!  I read it and started wondeirng what the hell you were going on about!

My apologies

Oh, no apology necessary, just good to clear that confusion up so nobody thinks I don't have a problems with kids bucking like funnies!
:o

Written By: Gis on 02/23/09 at 3:15 am

Oh, no apology necessary, just good to clear that confusion up so nobody thinks I don't have a problems with kids bucking like funnies!
:o
Yeah I did mean it the way karen said. In that as it is illegal for under 16's to have sex what where her parents thinking letting her have sex in their house with, latest tally; 7 different boys, at the age of 14.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/09 at 3:55 am

Yeah I did mean it the way karen said. In that as it is illegal for under 16's to have sex what where her parents thinking letting her have sex in their house with, latest tally; 7 different boys, at the age of 14.  :-\\
Does it no longer happen behind the bike sheds?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/23/09 at 12:04 pm

Well, you can't stop 'em.  They're gonna shag anyway, right?  So might as well let 'em do it at home where it's safe!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smokin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1qRVf_AuA

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/23/09 at 12:09 pm

Does it no longer happen behind the bike sheds?

You! Yes, you behind the bikesheds, stand still laddy ...

--PF

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nervous.gif

Written By: Gis on 05/24/09 at 4:04 am

So it turns out Alfie isn't the dad...... it's another local boy aged 15.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/24/09 at 4:10 am

Thanks Gis, I was trying to find this topic for the same update.

The local boy lives on the same estate.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/24/09 at 4:45 am

I read this and felt so much better about the 12 year old.  Fifteen is bad enough, but 12 is devestating. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/24/09 at 4:48 am

I read this and felt so much better about the 12 year old.  Fifteen is bad enough, but 12 is devestating. 
Now little Alfie can go and live his life away from this girl and baby.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/09 at 7:48 am

Wow that gal sure got around.  You could say she "pulled an Alfie" on ol' Alfie.  :-\\

Written By: 90steen on 05/24/09 at 5:29 pm

There was a pregnant girl in my class when I was in 9th grade. The kid's probably 13 or 14 now. Jesus.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/09 at 12:31 am

There was a pregnant girl in my class when I was in 9th grade. The kid's probably 13 or 14 now. Jesus.

There was a girl who got pregnant in 8th grade.  We're friends on Facebook.  She's got three grandchildren already!

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/25/09 at 1:04 am

^ Isn't it scary and unsettling to think someone could *biologically* be a grandparent at like 25! ;D

Even a 40 or 50 year old grandma seems so young to me (even though it wouldn't be untypical), just because mine were so much older. I still have the picture of them being the knitting, cake baking sweet old ladies, which is exactly how my dad's mom was.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/25/09 at 7:24 am

^ Isn't it scary and unsettling to think someone could *biologically* be a grandparent at like 25! ;D

Get used to this trend.  Here locally there was a 14-year-old young kid who was killed, and they have interviewed his mom, dad, cousins, and so on.  The 'rents look like maybe they are in late 20's, grandparents look to be late 30's, and out of maybe 10 people interviewed so far as mom/dad/sis/brother/cuz/aunt/uncle nobody seems to have the same last name.

Written By: PIERSON2009 on 05/25/09 at 9:38 pm

Is there any age to being a good parent? You have many people becoming parents in their late 20's and they turn out to be disasters. I became a mom at 15 and my son was the best thing that happened to me. My son is now 12 and is very grounded and I do not think that my age hindered how I raised him, I raised him just like my parents raised me. Yes i was lucky enough to have my parents help so I could finish highschool I was the one who had to raise him. I went to school and worked and me and my son are best friends.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/09 at 11:20 pm

Is there any age to being a good parent? You have many people becoming parents in their late 20's and they turn out to be disasters. I became a mom at 15 and my son was the best thing that happened to me. My son is now 12 and is very grounded and I do not think that my age hindered how I raised him, I raised him just like my parents raised me. Yes i was lucky enough to have my parents help so I could finish highschool I was the one who had to raise him. I went to school and worked and me and my son are best friends.

Sometimes it does work out fine, like in your case, but in most cases teenage parenthood leads to all kinds of trouble, especially when both mother and father come from broken home themselves, which is often the case. 

I didn't even lose the big V 'til I was 19, and then I was still too roiled in PTSD to deal with the emotional fall-out of that breakup.  If I had become a dad at age 15...Christ, I don't even like to think about that.  I couldn't find my way out of a room back then!

Written By: PIERSON2009 on 06/05/09 at 12:00 am

Sometimes it does work out fine, like in your case, but in most cases teenage parenthood leads to all kinds of trouble, especially when both mother and father come from broken home themselves, which is oftenwhen it cameto my situation the case.   

I didn't even lose the big V 'til I was 19, and then I was still too roiled in PTSD to deal with the emotional fall-out of that breakup.  If I had become a dad at age 15...Christ, I don't even like to think about that.  I couldn't find my way out of a room back then!

Does coming from a broken home change with age? being a parent is how the individual deals with it and yes I was very fortunate when it came to my situation, but i was my sons care giver they simply watched him while i went to school and worked. Now a days theres day care centers in schools so the parents dont have to drop out. I have a friend who came from a very broken home and her daughter when she 16 and just like me her daughter is great. yeah there age may paly a role in raising a child but parenting comes from with in.

Written By: ninny on 06/05/09 at 2:17 pm

My daughter is 17 and just had her son in February, I think at first she was a little shell shocked from it,and didn't want the responsibilities of taking care of him. I've noticed that she is starting to take more interest with him. She is in 11th grade and hopefully will finish high school. Daniel is being raised here during the week then goes to see his fathers relatives on the weekend,this will switch during summer vacation. We hope he turns out as fine as your son.

Written By: 90steen on 06/05/09 at 7:18 pm

It is harder to raise a kid at a younger age, but that doesn't mean they'll all be bad parents in my opinion.

My sister had her first at 19. First years where very stressful for her but she did a terrific job.

I waited until last year to have my first because i wanted to spend most of my 20's without too many responsibilities. So my kids will call me old by the time they become teenagers, I'm happy I didn't rush into it because I don't think i would've been a good dad at a young age.

Written By: PIERSON2009 on 06/06/09 at 9:05 pm

My daughter is 17 and just had her son in February, I think at first she was a little shell shocked from it,and didn't want the responsibilities of taking care of him. I've noticed that she is starting to take more interest with him. She is in 11th grade and hopefully will finish high school. Daniel is being raised here during the week then goes to see his fathers relatives on the weekend,this will switch during summer vacation. We hope he turns out as fine as your son.

I think he will turn out just fine. As long as he has lots of love he will be just fine. And it seems that your daughter has a very loving and support system as well which is an even bigger advantage I beilieve we as parents adjust to different circumstances so we can better parent our children. I owe alot to my father (loki13) who taught me to be the woman I am today, and thats who my son is named after.

Written By: joeman on 06/07/09 at 9:57 am

Maybe this is would be like a Gilmore Girl's situation in some ways.  It can be argued that younger parents can get a long better with their kids than parents who are on average age.  I mean there isn't much of a generation gap between it so the parent can't say things like "kids these days" since he or she might still be a kid. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/09 at 10:28 am

Maybe this is would be like a Gilmore Girl's situation in some ways.  It can be argued that younger parents can get a long better with their kids than parents who are on average age.  I mean there isn't much of a generation gap between it so the parent can't say things like "kids these days" since he or she might still be a kid. 

Plus when the daughter is in her teens, she and Mum can wear the same clothes.  It's really neet.

Written By: PIERSON2009 on 06/07/09 at 5:31 pm

This is true, my son really cant put much past me since it wasnt that long ago I was his age. I think that frustrates him more than anything because some of his friends therre parwents are in there late 30's and they can get away with alot more than my son. I am strict on him but in todays world you have to be. I also feel that with being a young aprent people tend to try and be a "friend" instead of being a parent...

Written By: gibbo on 06/07/09 at 5:41 pm

Kids need boundaries and structure!  They don't like being bossed around but seem to be aimless without some discipline and structure in their lives. Parents are NOT their friends! This doesn't mean that we cannot be on good terms...but at the end of the day...the parents are responsible and are in charge. When it doesn't work that way there can be kaos and kids can fall into bad habits (sometimes lifelong with devestating effects).

Being a young parent doesn't necessarily mean that that theri own kids will not have direction etc. But the younger parent has to grow up very quickly and gain some responsibility. This might mean missing out on some normal rights of passage that teens usually enjoy together, It is not the grandparents job to raise those children while the young parents is always out with friends etc.

Let's not sugar coat this type of event. In many cases the low socio-economic circumstances of those involved gives the baby little chance of growing up happily and healthily. It will take a combined effort from Grandparents and parent/s to get this all on some kind of successful track!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/09 at 12:58 am

Somebody's gotta perpetuate the human race and it sure ain't gonna be me.  I decided that a long time ago.  So.....

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...