inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Guide: Restore jumptheshark.com!

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/17/09 at 8:30 am

I've been a longtime visitor to jumptheshark.com, when just last month, the independent site was acquired by TVGuide.com, and all we have left from the original site is descriptions of all the categories that jumped the shark. The comments dated all the way back to 1996 for certain shows, and it's a shame that indefinately we can't look at what happened to our favorite TV show or even cable channel (I especially enjoyed the Nickelodeon/MTV comments the most!)

I plead for tvguide.com to restore jumptheshark.com on its site as soon as possible.

Subject: Re: TV Guide: Restore jumptheshark.com!

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 9:21 am

I plead for tvguide.com to restore jumptheshark.com on its site as soon as possible.

Wouldn't this plea be heard better if, you know, you actually SENT IT TO TV GUIDE? :D

Written By: statsqueen on 02/17/09 at 7:37 pm

Wouldn't this plea be heard better if, you know, you actually SENT IT TO TV GUIDE? :D

;D ;D  karma+1

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/18/09 at 11:09 am

it doesn't hurt to advertise the fact that this happened around the web though to help gain supporters.  Would be better if someone had started a petition drive or something.  I know this is the first I had heard of it.

Written By: Jessica on 02/18/09 at 11:29 am

it doesn't hurt to advertise the fact that this happened around the web though to help gain supporters.  Would be better if someone had started a petition drive or something.  I know this is the first I had heard of it.

Same here, but then again, I haven't visited that website in AGES.  In a twisted bit of irony, it jumped the shark itself! ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/18/09 at 8:39 pm

Same here, but then again, I haven't visited that website in AGES.  In a twisted bit of irony, it jumped the shark itself! ;D

oddly I was thinking the same thing myself >grin<

I was kind of jealous of them at one point, because their website had spawned a book but mine hadn't... careful of what you wish for I guess.

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/09 at 8:49 pm

Without jumptheshark, how will we know what Ted McGinley's up to these days?

Written By: statsqueen on 02/18/09 at 9:25 pm

Without jumptheshark, how will we know what Ted McGinley's up to these days?

Ask Q, I bet she'll know!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/09 at 7:45 am

;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/09 at 10:27 pm

Ask Q, I bet she'll know!   ;)

I hate to disappoint!

Ted McGinley was on the Jan. 9th 2009 ep of Psych titled Six Feet Under the Sea

He's also worked on film called Privledged. Its currently in post-production.
also in the film
Brenda Strong - the dead housewife on Desperate Housewives
Tatyana Ali-  Ashley from the Fresh Prince
Tom Irwin- the Dad on My So-Called Life

feel better now?  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 11:59 pm

I dunno.  Methinks TV Guide itself jumped the shark.  I'm surprised it's still in publication.  TV Guide was practical when you had the VHF networks and a handful of indie UHF stations in your market.  Now there's just too many channels and too many systems.
::)

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 02/20/09 at 2:09 am

I dunno.  Methinks TV Guide itself jumped the shark.  I'm surprised it's still in publication.  TV Guide was practical when you had the VHF networks and a handful of indie UHF stations in your market.  Now there's just too many channels and too many systems.
::)

Plus, it is totally unnecessary to have now since with digital cable/dish network/direct TV there is a live, cursor driven, on-screen guide.

Check for new replies or respond here...