inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What motivates you?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/19/09 at 11:18 pm

Hi, guys, I am a 20 year old college student and sometimes I feel so unmotivated! The only thing that motivates me is if I get a D on a quiz.  :-\\

What helps you guys motivate yourselves or who do you look to to motivate you when you feel apathetic towards your schoolwork or job?

Subject: Re: What motivates you?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 11:56 pm

A cattle prod.  Not literally, of course, but figuratively.  I'm the wrong guy to ask in the motivation department.  I'm twice your age and just now learning how to motivate myself with positive reinforcement!
;)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/20/09 at 12:11 am

A cattle prod.  Not literally, of course, but figuratively.  I'm the wrong guy to ask in the motivation department.  I'm twice your age and just now learning how to motivate myself with positive reinforcement!
;)

Lol!  ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 2:01 pm

Hi, guys, I am a 20 year old college student and sometimes I feel so unmotivated! The only thing that motivates me is if I get a D on a quiz.  :-\\

What helps you guys motivate yourselves or who do you look to to motivate you when you feel apathetic towards your schoolwork or job?

It's easier to be motivated if you have an interest in the topics you study.  I know you have GEs you're required to take but why not sprinkle in a couple of classes that peak your interest.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/09 at 2:04 pm

It's easier to be motivated if you have an interest in the topics you study.  I know you have GEs you're required to take but why not sprinkle in a couple of classes that peak your interest.

I took most of my breadth requirements pass/fail and concentrated on the classes I actually gave a crap about :D

Written By: EthanM on 02/20/09 at 2:12 pm

Hobbes: Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin: No, I'm waiting for inspiration. you can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes: What mood is that
Calvin: Last minute panic

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 2:16 pm

Calvin: No, I'm waiting for inspiration. you can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

O0

Written By: 80sfan on 02/20/09 at 4:04 pm

Yup, you're right, but you can't love "all" of your classes. Actually sometimes I do good in classes I don't like too. Like Anthropology, I don't like it, but I got a B. Lol  8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/09 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, that was me in college!  I once re-wrote an entire semester's worth of papers in 48 hours!
This was for a creative writing class.  You had to pick a bunch of your favorite short stories you wrote over the semester for your final "portfolio." 

Check for new replies or respond here...