inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson to announce London dates

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/09 at 11:51 am

Michael Jackson is expected to announce a series of summer comeback concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson to announce London dates

Written By: 80sfan on 03/03/09 at 2:45 pm

Michael Jackson is expected to announce a series of summer comeback concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Finally! I love you Michael!  : :)

I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson not to be so impulsive in everything!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/05/09 at 11:24 am

Several hundred Michael Jackson fans are waiting at the O2 arena in London for the pop superstar to announce a series of comeback concerts there.

Jackson, 50, is due to announce the gigs in front of fans and the press on a stage at the Greenwich venue.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/05/09 at 2:35 pm

Michael Jackson's series of concerts at the O2 arena in July will be "the final curtain call" in London, he tells fans at the venue.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/05/09 at 3:57 pm

>:(

I wish he'd come to Texas.  Damn my fear of flying!  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/09 at 5:07 pm

>:(

I wish he'd come to Texas.  Damn my fear of flying!  >:(

If he needs the cash, he might open his tour to more major cities.  I can see him doing well in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/05/09 at 7:01 pm

Hi Max!

I hope you're right. I'm not trying to make Michael broke, but I kind of hope that he uses London as a springboard for a world tour. Like based on ticket sales in London, he might add moe dates. Now that's just my speculation, but I can hope.

I don't mind going to see him, I just don't wanna fly. I can't.  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/09 at 3:50 am

Hi Max!

I hope you're right. I'm not trying to make Michael broke, but I kind of hope that he uses London as a springboard for a world tour. Like based on ticket sales in London, he might add moe dates. Now that's just my speculation, but I can hope.

I don't mind going to see him, I just don't wanna fly. I can't.  >:(
I can tell that you want to see him perform?

Written By: Davester on 03/06/09 at 6:08 am

:) Best deal on Michael Jackson tickets here!  Cheap!  Also ring tones for your iPod!  PM me... 8-P

Written By: NbC on 03/06/09 at 7:32 am

I was never a fan of Michael Jackson but I am glad he feels well enough to consider a concert tour. 

Written By: Red Ant on 03/06/09 at 8:35 am

:) Best deal on Michael Jackson tickets here!  Cheap!  Also ring tones for your iPod!  PM me... 8-P

LMAO.

signature banned as well

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/09 at 4:32 pm

Michael Jackson could earn more than $400m (£283m) from a deal involving new music, movies and concerts, his promoter reveals.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/06/09 at 5:43 pm

Is he finally trying to pay off all his back debt?  I'm not going to go out of my way to see him.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/06/09 at 7:27 pm

Yeah, I'd like to go see Michael with my friends. I think it would be awesome. But I hope it's a one man show with just him and not a whole bunch of filler like the MSG shows. It should be him, a microphone a spot light and me in the crown jammed elbow to elbow with the other 30 thousand fans.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/06/09 at 8:35 pm

Was it just me or did Michael Jackson look fake, mannequin like. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that whole thing was a ruse
and all the fans were fawning over a body double. Something tells me this just isn't going to happen.

Written By: Tam on 03/06/09 at 11:20 pm

Where's the link??!! Gimme the link!!! I need the link!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/09/09 at 7:48 am

Madonna will also be at O2 that Sat-Sun before the MJ concerts. I don't ever recall seing the two biggest names of '80s music playing at the same arena just a few days (let alone months) apart. How's Margaret Thatcher doing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/09 at 8:04 am

Madonna will also be at O2 that Sat-Sun before the MJ concerts. I don't ever recall seing the two biggest names of '80s music playing at the same arena just a few days (let alone months) apart. How's Margaret Thatcher doing?
How about Live Aid?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/09 at 6:33 am

The shows will take place on 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26 and 28 July.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/09 at 9:26 am

The shows will take place on 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26 and 28 July.
Tickets go on sale tomorrow, and extra dates have been added.

Written By: Marian on 03/11/09 at 4:19 pm

he's dating again? ;D ;D :D ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/09 at 2:14 am

MJ has now announced a total of 50 gigs, one for each year of his life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/09 at 10:27 am

Tickets for Michael Jackson's 50-date residency at the O2 arena in London have completely sold out, organisers have confirmed.

Hundreds of fans queued at the venue as tickets went on sale to the public and over a quarter of a million people queued online.

More than a million tickets to see the veteran pop star have now been sold.

Some 360,000 tickets were sold to registered fans before sales opened on Friday morning.

Organisers say the This Is It tour has become the fastest-selling in history, with 33 seats sold each minute.

Jackson is said to be "thrilled" by the response.

Written By: anabel on 03/14/09 at 10:56 pm

Ok, I can't really add to this thread, as I was about to post the shows sold out, but Philip Eno beat me to it.  ;)

I can say I think the webcam is so cool and I do watch it from time to time, and just now there were 4 people walking across the crosswalk!  It looked like the Abbey Road cover at night!  What are the odds of seeing that again?

Check for new replies or respond here...