inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Replaced Daeg Faerch (Young Michael Myers) to cameo in sequel H2?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/04/09 at 5:29 pm

Has anybody else heard the heartbreaking news? Daeg Faerch, who practically OWNS the role of Young Michael Myers, has confirmed that the role is being recast due to his height. We the fans are outraged and pissed at this decision. I, for one, was so looking forward to seeing Daeg on the big screen again as young Myers. But after flying down to Georgia and filming a few H2 scenes just recently, the bad/sad/wrong news has been broken that he's out of the picture.  :\'(

Ever since I saw the remake, I couldn't see anybody else playing the role and doing it justice. Anybody who even tries will pale in comparison. Daeg played a chilling, psychotic, terrifying, and sympathetic Myers, all at the same time. Nobody would be able to hold a candle to that, not even if Anthony Hopkins put on a long blond wig and SFX and camera tricks shrunk him down in size and age. If Robert Zemeckis can do what he did with Tom Hanks in The Polar Express, then Rob Zombie can do the same with Daeg in H2.

There's been a lot of outrage and backlash already, and it's only going to grow until Rob reverses his decision.

Subject: Re: Daeg Faerch (Young Michael Myers) to be replaced in sequel H2!!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/04/09 at 11:25 pm

Has anybody else heard the heartbreaking news? Daeg Faerch, who practically OWNS the role of Young Michael Myers, has confirmed that the role is being recast due to his height. We the fans are outraged and pissed at this decision. I, for one, was so looking forward to seeing Daeg on the big screen again as young Myers. But after flying down to Georgia and filming a few H2 scenes just recently, the bad/sad/wrong news has been broken that he's out of the picture.  :\'(

Ever since I saw the remake, I couldn't see anybody else playing the role and doing it justice. Anybody who even tries will pale in comparison. Daeg played a chilling, psychotic, terrifying, and sympathetic Myers, all at the same time. Nobody would be able to hold a candle to that, not even if Anthony Hopkins put on a long blond wig and SFX and camera tricks shrunk him down in size and age. If Robert Zemeckis can do what he did with Tom Hanks in The Polar Express, then Rob Zombie can do the same with Daeg in H2.

There's been a lot of outrage and backlash already, and it's only going to grow until Rob reverses his decision.

Shocked and appauled!  :\'(
I'm a huge Halloween fan! I didn't even know they were going to make a H2, thanks for the info.

Subject: Re: Daeg Faerch (Young Michael Myers) to be replaced in sequel H2!!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/09/09 at 5:17 pm

Daeg has posted a blog update that, althought he is to be recast, there is a possibility he might make some kind of cameo or archive footage appearance. Let's certainly hope so. Any way Rob can work Daeg into it is fine with me. I think Rob is finally listening to us after our constant protests and the 9-signature petition (Not a huge number, but if you can get 2 signatures, you're doing good, right?  ;D). The whole recast thing is going to come back and bite Zombie on the ass, and I think it just did.  ;D

This might be very good news, and let's hope it materializes. Rob will probably be unable to find a replacement for Young Michael Myers, because I cannot imagine anybody besides Daeg in the role; he's that good. Ever since Daeg kept the fans updated on this, a heavy burden has been lifted from me. Let's not jinx it, let's just hope for the best.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...