inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice perform together - this is a story from 2009 not 1991

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/09/09 at 9:42 am

Oddly enough. people were paying $40 a ticket to see them.  I've always heard people say places like Utah were 20 years behind the time, but now I guess we have the proof.  They claim it was a one off concert, let's hope this doesn't encourage them to do more.

Full story at Newsweek

Subject: Re: MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice perform together - this is a story from 2009 not 1991

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/09 at 11:52 am

$40 bucks is pretty cheap for a concert ticket nowadays.  I guess they're tired of doing Bar Mitzvahs or something.

The Vanilla Hammer is coming down on YOU!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

Subject: Re: MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice perform together - this is a story from 2009 not 1991

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/09 at 11:55 am

I'd stay away from there... A real icon like Eminem probably arranged the show so he could take them out easily!

Okay so hopefully is opening for Hammer...and after Ice does his two songs and Hammer does his 5 what are the people supposed to do... I mean Really most people only go to the concert to hear the songs they know not the hear the songs you made we couldn't be bothered to listen to if it wasn't good enough to get airplay (or a video on MTV)  ::)

I would go....if I won the tickets on the radio, someone else paid for my fuel and parking....and you know... House wasn't on.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/09/09 at 9:56 pm

Who knows, they could do an album together lol

Written By: nicole1977 on 03/09/09 at 10:17 pm

WTF???? Two rival pop stars perfoming together????  This is unheard of.  Well, if New Kids OnThe Block and New Edition can make a song together, then MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice can do it too, I guess.  I was never a Vanilla Ice fan.  I was more of an MC Hammer fan, so if I go, it will be because of MC Hammer.

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/09 at 1:45 am

WTF???? Two rival pop stars perfoming together????  This is unheard of.  Well, if New Kids OnThe Block and New Edition can make a song together, then MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice can do it too, I guess.  I was never a Vanilla Ice fan.  I was more of an MC Hammer fan, so if I go, it will be because of MC Hammer.

I have to admit I will dance if VI's version of Play that Funky Music is spinning... and I will sing ICE ICE BABY at the drop of a hat!

;D

I have NO shame!

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/26/09 at 8:24 am

This is something I hope people post videos of on youtube.com.    "You can't touch this" and "Ice Ice Baby" will be a site to see in 2009!

Check for new replies or respond here...