inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nolonger a fan of DG, a bit ironic since it's been a while since the last thread

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 5:50 pm

Just looking at the official site, the artist's fans are old/also  creepy (no offense to anybody over 30)  and pretty much not cool with people around my age. Not to mentioned that most take her music as a joke. 

I pretty much feel as if I'm pretty much "uncool" despite that I'm aware that there's others that are  into older pop and classic rock.

Many want her to have a comeback, including the artist herself. Though I've tried my share of getting people interested, but failed and ednded up being ridiculed (a bit ironic).  :P I'm pretty much closed as a fan in reality (outside the internet, which is why I post since many of my few friends/several aquaintances have different interest).

It's a bit ironic that I've been pegged as a Chris Crocker type, but feel as many have shrugged off and never actually read my threads/posts. Yeah, I tend to be repetative, but only to remind others of some stuff which is why I rarely write the name.

I like Natasha Bedingfield, though still too recent and have to wait for Duffy's next album before I pass judgement on her. Ting Tings are cool, though might not be interested later on. White Stripes, The Killers, and Alien Ant Farm (now disbanded, I think) are good, but only like a few songs and not heavily into alternative anymore.

I'm actually a bigger fan of animation than popular music, though Toon Zone  is mostly Cartoon Network & anime fans.

I have an open taste in music, but mostly "greatest hits", selected tracks, and whatever catches my interest like a few hair metal bands from exposure of Sirius, video/DVD compilations , VH1 Classic and reading boards.

BTW,  I'm not going to try to be somebody I'm not (ie emo or rap)

Subject: Re: Nolonger a fan of DG, a bit ironic since it's been a while since the last thread

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/09 at 6:13 pm

I've always known you have a variety of musical taste.  As for D.G. I am a fan.  I have 3 of her songs on my iPod and I subscribe to her Myspace.  I've had many people ridicule me for liking the Monkees, I even got beat up for carrying around a book on them.  Despite the ridicule and having my two bottom teeth knock out I want to see Micky Dolenz play in my area on the 28.  Don't hide what you like because of haters.

Subject: Re: Nolonger a fan of DG, a bit ironic since it's been a while since the last thread

Written By: nally on 03/11/09 at 7:01 pm

^I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread. You can still like her older stuff. There have been a number of musical acts I've liked from time to time, mostly during the era in which they were at the height of their popularity...and if they don't have a true "comeback" it doesn't bother me a great deal. People/groups do come and go.

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 8:18 pm

It's more than haters on the internet since I pretty much have an issue with  low self esteem with a history of bullying throughout my youth (I'm now 25)/also racially discriminated (I , only have a few friends, and pretty much an outsider.  I'm not open with my tastes except for a few artists and film that's pretty much popular. All I'll say since I don't want to talk more about myself and don't want to make another wrong impression.

Because of the ridicule, I pretty much keep it private though also decided to stop since I would get laughed at when I bring it up when I'm asked about favorite artists and songs. In which I've been a fan for about a decade.

Written By: nally on 03/11/09 at 10:40 pm

Fair enough.

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/09 at 12:48 am

I often get ridiculed because I listen to music that no one has heard of before.  This is because I choose to listen to music that is popular elsewhere because a good majority of what you hear on the radio across this great nation I live in is total garbage.  Our friends overseas know what music is, I just wish North America knew as well ...

The US chart is dominated by crappy rap songs and boring R&B ballads and the Canadian chart is dominated by rock songs that all sound the same and country music so twangy, it sounds like a cat being strangled

Written By: Midas on 03/12/09 at 9:27 am

Don't be afraid or ashamed to like what you like.  I like what I like and I could care less about what other people think of my musical tastes.  Nobody says they have to like what I like.

Written By: woops on 03/12/09 at 4:37 pm

Originally, I thought about posting a new song, though changed my mind since I know it'll end up with snarky/ignorant comments (memo: she's nolonger caters towards teens and she's more AC) and don't think anybody really listen to the YouTube links.

I decided to stop since it doesn't go anywhere. I also bumped Duffy & Natasha Bedingfield threads. Why I rarely talk about them: Actually I do on other boards.

Check for new replies or respond here...