inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did anyone see Jon Stewart's interview with Jim Cramer?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/09 at 11:03 pm

Wow, he really took him to task, for all of the damage, his show has done.

Congrads, Jon, your my new hero!

8)

Subject: Re: Did anyone see Jon Stewart's interview with Jim Cramer?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/09 at 12:48 am

Jon shredded Cramer.  He demonstrated Cramer's show is a total fraud and a shill for the financial industry.  He showed Cramer admitting he defrauded investors with made-up "futures" when Cramer was running a hedge fund.  Stewart said there are two markets, "The one that's been sold to us...and the other that goes on in the back room."

Cramer kept trying to say he was out to expose the crooks and the phonies, but Stewart wasn't having any of it.  Stewart was proving through Cramer's own actions that Cramer was part of the problem. 

"I understand you want to make finance entertaining, but it's not a f**king game.  When I watch that, I can't tell you how angry it makes me!"

Stewart wasn't screwing around.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/13/09 at 1:20 am

"I understand you want to make finance entertaining, but it's not a f**king game.  When I watch that, I can't tell you how angry it makes me!"

Stewart wasn't screwing around.

He never is.  That's what makes Stewart's show so awesome.  There's a reason why viewers of Comedy Central are more informed than the ones who watch the "news" channels.

To play devil's advocate, Cramer is a great entertainer and still a guilty pleasure of mine; I still enjoy his ability to come up with a call in ten seconds or less during the lightning round.  The man has ranting in his blood, and I just love a good rant.  But that's still entertainment, not investing.  It's not even frackin' trading, fer Dobbsake.  The key to enjoying Cramer's show is to see the bits that make sense (take losses quickly, let your winners ride, never become emotionally attached to a stock, never risk more money than you're willing to lose, etc...) and to just LOL at the rest of the noise.  Never trade drunk, never base an investment decision based on his show, and just to be safe, never watch Mad Money sober. 

But Cramer against Stewart?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/daveparks9/silver_plattered.jpg

Cramer, you got your ass handed to you on a silver platter tonight, and yes, there's video at that link for those who missed it.  Must-see-TV.

Written By: Satish on 03/14/09 at 12:59 pm

Jim Cramer, CNBC and the business media might have been doing an inadequate, mediocre job, but they're not really the ones to blame for the financial crisis. They had only a small role in it, if any at all.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/14/09 at 1:13 pm

Jim Cramer, CNBC and the business media might have been doing an inadequate, mediocre job, but they're not really the ones to blame for the financial crisis. They had only a small role in it, if any at all.

mmmm, yeah, There isn't anyone is saying it is his fault.  What they are saying is his show is a fraud and so is he.

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/09 at 5:05 pm

Jim Cramer seems like a bit of a nutjob.  I saw him on 'Late Night' and he was telling Conan about the pills he takes to control his blood pressure.  He literally screams when he's having a normal conversation.  Reminds me of that loud talker guy from the Dilbert comic strip LOL

Written By: tv on 03/14/09 at 5:16 pm

The reason Stewart attacked Cramer was because Cramer(who is a democrat) dissed President Obama's policy's saying Obama was destroying the U.S. with his policies. Stewart is a democrat also.

I like Cramer and his show. He makes buying stocks look fun.

I did like Stewart and what he had to say to Cramer because Stewart was right our ecomomy(in this decade I think he meant) was a mirage and it was.

I understand buying stocks is not a game as Stewart suggested but thats just the way Cramer he is just a high energy guy I think and that's the way Jim Cramer runs his show on "Mad Money".

Reaction from other commentators from other news channels on this incident:

Bill O' Reilly backed Stewart.

Lou Dobbs host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" thought it was a big mistake for Cramer to appear on Stewart's show.

Tracy Byrnes who was works for Fox News said who would buy stocks because of Cramer's advice. She attacked Cramer's show "Mad Money" for Low Ratings.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/09 at 8:56 pm

Cramer used to be on with an evil SOB named Larry Kudlow.  They represented post-Ronald Reagan American fascism.

The fact is, the stock market is not an everyman's game.  The fat cats would rather have the public on the side of the billionaire than looking out for their own interests.  Now the thin cats are seeing they played the fat cats' game and they got rooked, fleeced, hoodwinked, hornswogggled. 

You would never see a labor network.  You would never see a program called "Mad Workers" and if an agitated soul got on TV and screamed for your interest in unions, he'd be shot dead before the season was up.

That's why I hate Jim Cramer's show; it's emblematic of our utterly one-sided mainstream media.

Check for new replies or respond here...