inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Harry Potter book and movie!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/13/09 at 5:31 am

Okay, Harry Potter fans. I'm a huge fan of the series and can't wait to see the last two movies. Honestly though, the phenomenon has calmed down a bit after the Deathly Hallows book because everyone knows how it's going to end though. But whatever!

My favorite HP books in order:

1. H4
2. H2
3. H3
4. H1
5. H5
6. H7
7. H6

Movies

1. H5
2. H3
3. H4
4. H1
5. H2

Anyone disagree? Agree?

Subject: Re: Favorite Harry Potter book and movie!

Written By: karen on 03/13/09 at 2:39 pm

I've read all the books, but I can't say I have a particular favourite.  I haven't seen all of the films (that have been released) properly yet either.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 03/13/09 at 3:07 pm

BOOKS

Sorcerer's Stone
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets

MOVIES

Order of the Phoenix
Goblet of Fire
Sorcerer's Stone
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets

I anticapte Deathly Hallows will be my favorite film...especially if they get it right!

Written By: karen on 03/16/09 at 11:15 am

I anticapte Deathly Hallows will be my favorite film...especially if they get it right!

That's sometimes the problem though.  Stuff we thought would look great in a film was often the thing they cut from the story or changed slightly to fit the new timeline.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 12:23 pm

That's sometimes the problem though.  Stuff we thought would look great in a film was often the thing they cut from the story or changed slightly to fit the new timeline.  >:(

I know but I'm hoping if they do make it two parts then it'll they might cut less out of it!

Written By: Samwise on 03/16/09 at 7:22 pm

I haven't read the books in a while, but I have seen the movies more recently. My favorite is the 5th: I love how dark and political it gets! You can really feel that the characters are growing up and getting more mature.

Can't say which book is my favorite, but I was very disappointed in the ending. Harry's relationship with Ginny seemed sudden, forced, and unnatural. What was wrong with Cho? And what was with everyone ending up with their Hogwarts sweethearts? Did no one meet anyone new after they graduated high school?

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 7:25 pm

I haven't read the books in a while, but I have seen the movies more recently. My favorite is the 5th: I love how dark and political it gets! You can really feel that the characters are growing up and getting more mature.

Can't say which book is my favorite, but I was very disappointed in the ending. Harry's relationship with Ginny seemed sudden, forced, and unnatural. What was wrong with Cho? And what was with everyone ending up with their Hogwarts sweethearts? Did no one meet anyone new after they graduated high school?

they actually groomed the attraction over several of the later books. I didn't like Cho... I was rooting for Ginny  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 03/16/09 at 7:29 pm

they actually groomed the attraction over several of the later books. I didn't like Cho... I was rooting for Ginny  ;D

I don't think Cho ever got over Cedric.

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 8:41 pm

I don't think Cho ever got over Cedric.

coupled with Harry's guilt the relationship was doomed to fail

Written By: loki 13 on 03/16/09 at 9:04 pm

MOVIES

Order of the Phoenix
Goblet of Fire
Sorcerer's Stone
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets

Interesting order, I wasn't too happy with the Order Of The Phoenix simply because I thought it deviated from the book too much.

my order:

Books:

Deathly Hallows
Half Blood Prince
Order Of The Phoenix
The Sorcerer's Stone
The Goblet Of Fire
Prisoner Of Azkaban
The Chamber Of Secrets

Movies:

The Goblet Of Fire
The Sorcerer's Stone
Prisoner Of Azkaban
The Chamber Of Secrets
The Order Of The Phoenix

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 9:21 pm

Interesting order, I wasn't too happy with the Order Of The Phoenix simply because I thought it deviated from the book too much.

It didn't deviate any more than Goblet of Fire  ;)

I like the darkness and the depiction of Harry's angst.... plus its the first film I feel like Daniel Radcliffe was really truly acting.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/16/09 at 9:49 pm

It didn't deviate any more than Goblet of Fire  ;)

I like the darkness and the depiction of Harry's angst.... plus its the first film I feel like Daniel Radcliffe was really truly acting.

You're right but what I mean is; I think The Order Of The Phoenix is the longest book yet the shortest movie. I felt it just
left out too much needed detail for the story to continue. If you didn't read the books you may be lost in the up coming
movies.

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 9:51 pm

You're right but what I mean is; I think The Order Of The Phoenix is the longest book yet the shortest movie. I felt it just
left out too much needed detail for the story to continue. If you didn't read the books you may be lost in the up coming
movies.

this is true but anyone who didn't read the books should be put in the stockade and flogged with wet noodles  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/16/09 at 9:54 pm

this is true but anyone who didn't read the books should be put in the stockade and flogged with wet noodles   ;D

Thanks Q and karma, I needed that laugh.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/09 at 10:01 pm

Thanks Q and karma, I needed that laugh.  ;D

backatcha  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/09 at 10:49 am

All of the above.

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed in the movies but I do understand that they can't include EVERYTHING but things that I would LOVE to have them include, they didn't-like a lot of Fred & George's antics. And the movies never did explain who created the Marauder's Map. I know there are more stuff but I can't of them right now.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/09 at 10:52 am

All of the above.

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed in the movies but I do understand that they can't include EVERYTHING but things that I would LOVE to have them include, they didn't-like a lot of Fred & George's antics. And the movies never did explain who created the Marauder's Map. I know there are more stuff but I can't of them right now.

Cat

the house elfs working in hogwarts and Hermoine's whole save the elves campaign... that was left out of Goblet... along with Ron getting on the Quidditch team....considering his love of Q and his feelings of inadequacy  it was a pretty important thing to overlook...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/09 at 2:00 pm

the house elfs working in hogwarts and Hermoine's whole save the elves campaign... that was left out of Goblet... along with Ron getting on the Quidditch team....considering his love of Q and his feelings of inadequacy  it was a pretty important thing to overlook...

Yeah, they did leave out the entire S.P.E.W. thing as well as Winky, Dobby's girlfriend. She was pretty important to the story about the dark mark in the sky at the Quidditch match at the beginning.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/19/09 at 2:12 pm

My favorite books are the Deathly Hallows and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

My favorite movie is The Order of the Phoenix.  I thought they did a great job on it.  My least favorite movie was Prisoner of Azkaban.  Go figure.

I used to get pretty peeved at the differences between the movies and the books, but then I just decided to let it go and view them as separate entities.  Nothing will ever match the books - I will always prefer them.  But the movies are still entertaining.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/09 at 2:14 pm

I used to get pretty peeved at the differences between the movies and the books, but then I just decided to let it go and view them as separate entities.  Nothing will ever match the books - I will always prefer them.  But the movies are still entertaining.

exactly

Written By: Stitch92 on 03/20/09 at 6:46 am

Books:-
Deathly Hallows
Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Philosophers Stone
Chamber of Secrets

Films:-
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Chamber of Secrets
Philosophers Stone

8) :D

Check for new replies or respond here...