inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ugh, the new 2009 song "Already Gone" is horrible... far worse than Soulja Boy

Written By: woops on 03/13/09 at 4:11 pm

Here's the music video for "Already Gone". So bad that it makes James Blunt hardcore.

also... trying to hard to compete for a comeback with a generic song and her singing isn't that good either. Plus, she's just a washed-up former pop princess that most people are more familiar with. Ugh, she's trying to be like an older Kelly Clarkson.  I should stick to real music like Ting Tings & Duffy or maybe the cutting-edge band Coldplay that I should check out one of these days  8), not soccer mom slop like Michael Bolton and this artist I'm talkin' about. The songs, both ancient and recent,  are dated, nobody I know listen to her, and also despise by many music critics. :P

Plus, her 15 minutes, which I don't even remember, are up!

Not gonna comment about the make-up. She ain't the ever sooo hawt Jennifer Lopez or the ever so talented Ms. Britney Spears, that have often been praised, and looks more like Mrs. Meany from "Woody Woodpecker" in some sick Quagmire fantasy. 

http://lantz.goldenagecartoons.com/1970s/chili02.jpg
Mrs. Meany scolding Woody

Subject: Re: Ugh, the new 2009 song "Already Gone" is horrible... far worse than Soulja Boy

Written By: Red Ant on 03/13/09 at 9:10 pm

woops, did someone hack your account?  ;D

Bad, but not Soulja Boy bad.

banned in all colors

Subject: Re: Ugh, the new 2009 song "Already Gone" is horrible... far worse than Soulja

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/16/09 at 6:20 am

I hate to say this but it might be time to find a new obsession. How about Lady GaGa? Or Katy Perry? Those are my current crushes.

Subject: Re: Ugh, the new 2009 song "Already Gone" is horrible... far worse than Soulja Boy

Written By: 80sfan on 03/16/09 at 1:22 pm

Here's the music video for "Already Gone". So bad that it makes James Blunt hardcore.

also... trying to hard to compete for a comeback with a generic song and her singing isn't that good either. Plus, she's just a washed-up former pop princess that most people are more familiar with. Ugh, she's trying to be like an older Kelly Clarkson.  I should stick to real music like Ting Tings & Duffy or maybe the cutting-edge band Coldplay that I should check out one of these days  8), not soccer mom slop like Michael Bolton and this artist I'm talkin' about. The songs, both ancient and recent,  are dated, nobody I know listen to her, and also despise by many music critics. :P

Plus, her 15 minutes, which I don't even remember, are up!

Not gonna comment about the make-up. She ain't the ever sooo hawt Jennifer Lopez or the ever so talented Ms. Britney Spears, that have often been praised, and looks more like Mrs. Meany from "Woody Woodpecker" in some sick Quagmire fantasy. 

http://lantz.goldenagecartoons.com/1970s/chili02.jpg
Mrs. Meany scolding Woody

There's one thing I agree with you dude. This girl is fine! I see you trying to shake it off like you don't think she's beautiful!  ;D

But sorry, music wise, no one really cares about her anymore.

Yeah, and I agree. I think it's time for a new obssession!

Written By: woops on 03/16/09 at 8:02 pm

Far starters, I currently have a crush on Scarlet Johansson. I'm mostly into the music of the artist.

My main intention was to get people interested on the song by using reverse psychology (ie bashing so people would disagree).

I know nobody gives a GaGa on this forum, though felt like this was worth a try. Plus, there's many positive comments on the official site.

Though technically I do consider her "soccer mom music" since I don't know anybody in my age range (recently got into my mid 20's) that listens to her music and  majority of her fans are over 30. Then again, my taste in music is weird.

Written By: Midas on 03/17/09 at 10:09 am

I kinda like the Deborah Gibson song, except for the high-pitched singing part.

And I disagree.  She's hotter than Twitney or J-Lo.  But that's just my opinion.

Written By: woops on 03/17/09 at 12:35 pm

My main intention was to get people interested on the song by using reverse psychology (ie bashing so people would disagree).

Also suprised nobody actually got the joke...

I don't like BS, Coldplay, nor Barry Manilow. She still looks good for her age, though I actually like J Lo (for her looks rather than her film or music)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/09 at 12:55 pm

Dude, I think it's cool how you stick with something you like and not just like it because everyone likes it. I think it takes strenght to do something like that!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/19/09 at 5:16 pm

It would be a better song if Debbie Gibson wasn't singing in such a hightone at times. Her voice sounds grown up in some parts and in other parts, she sounds like she's one of the Jonas Bros that are going through puberty still. Sorry Deborah. I want to root for you, but this song doesn't do you justice.

Written By: woops on 04/05/09 at 12:32 pm

Noticed several comments (other sources) about her voice. She sounds fine...

Not defending her, though I don't know anything about pitches and such and I'm actually deaf in one ear (seriously)

added: As for the song, it's OK. Not bad or good, though I have other favorites

Subject: Re: Ugh, the new 2009 song "Already Gone" is horrible... far worse than Soulja

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/05/09 at 2:27 pm

It would be a better song if Debbie Gibson wasn't singing in such a hightone at times. Her voice sounds grown up in some parts and in other parts, she sounds like she's one of the Jonas Bros that are going through puberty still. Sorry Deborah. I want to root for you, but this song doesn't do you justice.
I agree I like the song - but who are the backups Alvin and the Chipmunks????

Too high, so much that it bothers me.  Otherwise good song - hope others are even better :)

Check for new replies or respond here...