inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Natasha Richardson Seriously Injured

Written By: danootaandme on 03/18/09 at 5:37 am

Natasha Richardson has had a serious injury.  She hit her head in a spill while skiing in Quebec.  Last reports had her anywhere from coma to brain dead.  Liam Neeson left filming in Toronto to go to the hospital.  Whatever the outcome it sounds very serious.

www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/theater/18richardson.html?ref=world

Subject: Re: Natasha Richardson Seriously Injured

Written By: ninny on 03/18/09 at 7:12 am

Natasha Richardson has had a serious injury.  She hit her head in a spill while skiing in Quebec.  Last reports had her anywhere from coma to brain dead.  Liam Neeson left filming in Toronto to go to the hospital.  Whatever the outcome it sounds very serious.

www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/theater/18richardson.html?ref=world

Some more info this morning.
NEW YORK – Members of Natasha Richardson's family were seen gathering at a New York hospital believed to be treating the Tony-winning actress for a reportedly serious head injury sustained on a Canadian ski slope.

Richardson, 45, part of the Redgrave dynasty of British actors and the wife of Liam Neeson, was flown from Montreal to New York on Tuesday after the accident, a person close to the family, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Richardson's condition was very serious and her family was highly distressed, The New York Times reported Wednesday, citing two people close to her family who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to reporters.

A reporter from the Toronto Star earlier reported seeing a distraught Neeson crouched inside the back of an ambulance at Montreal's Sacre-Coeur hospital as Richardson, wrapped in blankets and with tubes covering her face, was loaded inside. Neeson had immediately left the Toronto set of his upcoming movie, "Chloe," to be by her side in Montreal, a publicist for the film said.

Later that evening, a somber looking Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson's mother, was seen in photographs walking into Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. It couldn't be immediately determined whether Richardson was a patient at the hospital.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/09 at 12:19 pm

I heard about this last night. It is so sad. I keep hoping.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 03/18/09 at 12:29 pm

Word is they are taking her off of life support  :\'(

Written By: tv on 03/18/09 at 12:37 pm

What I don;t get is Natasha Richardson felt fine right after she fell onto the ice and than an hour later is when she started to feel bad. To me this whole incident is a freaky thing.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/18/09 at 12:39 pm

Head injuries are the most dangerous, and the most unpredictable. 

Written By: Jessica on 03/18/09 at 12:46 pm

What I don;t get is Natasha Richardson felt fine right after she fell onto the ice and than an hour later is when she started to feel bad. To me this whole incident is a freaky thing.

It's something called "talk and die" syndrome.  Ten years ago, my dad's friend and his wife were in a car accident.  When help arrived at the scene, they had misgivings about his wife surviving because she looked so bad off.  My dad's friend was out of the car, walking around, talking to the paramedics, and worrying about his wife, with seemingly no injuries.  Two hours later, he was dead.  His wife survived.  It was later revealed that he had injuries to his head and brain.

So it does happen, but my damn, it sucks beyond all reason.  Poor Natasha.  I'm sure she thought everything was okay, and it was just a headache from the fall. :\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 03/18/09 at 1:30 pm

Word is they are taking her off of life support   :\'(

Oh no  :\'( :\'(

Written By: Michael C. on 03/18/09 at 4:07 pm

I've met Natasha.
She & Her Family have come into the store I work in {lots of celebs live nearby in My upstate NY area}
Horrible...that something like this can happen to such a wonderful Woman {and Her Family}
Know Our thoughts and prayers are with You.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/09 at 6:18 pm

I had an old college friend.  She was in a very "minor" car accident back in 1981.  Not a mark on her.  She "slightly" hit her head.  Dead at the scene, you'd never believe it.

Written By: Michael C. on 03/18/09 at 7:17 pm

Natasha Richardson has died.
R.I.P.
:\'(
Thoughts and prayers to the Neeson , Richardson & Redgrave Families.

Written By: Tia on 03/18/09 at 7:21 pm

very sad :(

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/18/09 at 7:58 pm

Such an awful tragedy! My thoughts go out to Natasha's entire family and friends. RIP Natasha Richardson.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/18/09 at 9:13 pm

I know, this is incredibly sad news.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/18/09 at 10:55 pm

Her injury and her sudden death is eerily similar to the death of of Ann Pressly, the Little Rock anchr who was beaten to death in her home in November. Both had critical head injury, both looked like they would recover, then both died suddenly. At least Natasha's death was mercifully shorter and was an accident.  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/09 at 11:17 pm

this is so very sad. :\'(

Written By: Frank on 03/18/09 at 11:23 pm

this is so very sad. :\'(

Yes, sad and shocking.  :\'(
I've been to Mt Tremblant (where she was skiing)  before, since I grew up in Quebec. I'll never be able to think of Mt Tremblant without thinking on this tragedy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/09 at 4:18 am

So sad and tragic.

Written By: Night Train on 03/19/09 at 4:56 am

This is very sad and tragic.  My thoughts go to her family and friends. 

I witnessed a similar accident some years ago when a 12 year old girl hit the lifthouse.  After that incident I never go skiing without wearing a helmet.

Written By: ninny on 03/19/09 at 5:32 am

RIP Natasha :\'(

Written By: Tia on 03/19/09 at 8:42 am

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/69528/thumbs/s-NATASHA-RICHARDSON-large.jpg

she sure was lovely.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/09 at 11:33 am

How long do I need to wait before hitting on Liam?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/09 at 11:36 am

How long do I need to wait before hitting on Liam?

You bad, girl.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/09 at 11:36 am

The lights on Broadway will be dimmed tonight in the memory of her.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/09 at 11:41 am

You bad, girl.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

I know.  I am ashamed  :-[  .  OK all done.  ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/27/09 at 12:44 pm

The news reported today that Natasha's story got the parents of a 7-year-old girl to have her scanned for head injuries after being hit with a baseball. Seeing as they found a deadly epidural hematoma, I'd say Natasha saved her life. At least some good has come out of this tragedy.

Your Pal,
Doc

Check for new replies or respond here...