inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cartoon Network has finally gone down the toilet

Written By: woops on 03/27/09 at 5:51 pm

Cartoon Network promises more Live Action

Haven't they learned from that live action/animated sitcom fiasco...  ::) :P

First the classics are removed (except "Tom & Jerry") several years ago then far less anime (not into anime, but it does has it share of fans)... now a bunch of live action shows...

"Adult Swim" also hasn't gotten better either and most of the newer shows are pretty much horrible

Subject: Re: Cartoon Network has finally gone down the toilet

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/27/09 at 6:02 pm

Live action shows?  WTF?

I dunno.  Everything seems to be deteriorating into the same lumpy oatmeal generic drivel.  I'd buy a premium cable package...but the drivel on the HBOs seems to outweigh the good stuff by the same proportion as standard cable...

::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/27/09 at 9:18 pm

That's why I love Teletoon, it's all animated.

Unfortuntly, it's only in Canada.

Written By: nally on 03/27/09 at 11:31 pm

First the classics are removed (except "Tom & Jerry") several years ago then far less anime (not into anime, but it does has it share of fans)... now a bunch of live action shows...

"Adult Swim" also hasn't gotten better either and most of the newer shows are pretty much horrible

Well in that case, then they really aren't a "cartoon network" anymore, are they? ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/27/09 at 11:36 pm

I'm glad I don't have cable.

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/28/09 at 6:24 am

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have been spinning around the bowl for quite some time now.
Its the typical reaction once a "avant garde" entity gets more attention, the more exposure, the more money and people you have watching your every move. Too much $$$ involved to let it go the way of the wind and the viewers.

The channel burned Aaron McGruder and the Boondocks long ago, a sign that they weren't really going to go the distance on freedom of expression as they'd thought they'd be able to. The Family Guy connection was only to try to prop up their 'rep'.
The fact that Robot Chicken went as far as it did is a tribute to how well Seth Greens friendship with the channels henchmen (aka Turner Broadcasting) and producers went in greasing the palms of the advertisers of the station.

I'm not blaming them really, this is a natural progression of a once creative and non conformist entity when exposed to commercial TV.

I wouldn't really lament this too much, if anything it opens the door for something much more radical in the future, Adult Swim and the Cartoon Channel tried to do what it could considering the circumstances (and got away with a lot more than I think even they thought they would), but knew it could never win. At least they tried to keep the door open for those coming after them...

Written By: anabel on 03/28/09 at 5:12 pm

http://www.tv.com/story/13415.html

More proof that they are becoming less Cartoon and More Network. I was just reading about this earlier!  It sucks, but my son still watches a few shows on it.  He likes Ben 10 and The new Star Wars Clone Wars series.  I hated that Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends ended and that they replaced it with those two GARBAGE shows, Chowder and Flapjack. I hope they dump those shows soon!! 

Written By: woops on 03/28/09 at 6:46 pm

two GARBAGE shows, Chowder and Flapjack. I hope they dump those shows soon!! 

"Total Drama Island" is another show I don't understand

Even if I were in the age demographic, I wouldn't watch them. Though a few are OK like Nickelodeon's "Mighty B!", "Back In The Barnyard", and Disney XD's "Jimmy Two-Shoes".

Several of the shows on Adult Swim are no different except with swearing and unecessary gore added (ie "Super Jail", "Metalopycl...whatever it's spelled")

Written By: anabel on 03/28/09 at 6:53 pm

"Total Drama Island" is another show I don't understand

Matthew was interested in that one when it first came out, but I diverted him to something else, because it touches on a few subjects I haven't explained to him yet.... :o

Written By: whistledog on 03/28/09 at 7:47 pm

That's why I love Teletoon, it's all animated.

Unfortuntly, it's only in Canada.

Teletoon is awesome.  Teletoon Retro is also good, I just wish they wouldn't air so many Warner Bros. cartoons

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/28/09 at 7:51 pm

Teletoon is awesome.  Teletoon Retro is also good, I just wish they wouldn't air so many Warner Bros. cartoons

I wish we had those channels here.  :(

When was the last time I watched Cartoon Network on a regular basis? Its probably been nearly a decade for me. :(

Written By: woops on 03/28/09 at 9:16 pm

Looney Tunes are classic  8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/30/09 at 3:49 pm

They might as well call it The Childrens Network.

And as for Adult Swim...it should spin-off.

I'm also thinking of making a show for Adult Swim, think of it as their answer to "The Simpsons" with a Hanna-Barbera character that they never heard of...if I get the permission.

Written By: Bree on 03/30/09 at 10:38 pm

You might have seen the press releases of the new shows coming to Cartoon Network. There's a big shift in what this network will be next year, and we don't know if we'll still be a part of it. There will be new Chowders airing until the end of the year, but right now we're winding down production. People get laid off starting at the end of next week. We could still be picked up, but it would be hard to reassemble the crew in its current form. If this really is the end, then it's been a good run and we've had a lot of fun. I hope you all continue to enjoy the show.

Finally, something good came out of this  8) :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/07/09 at 1:33 am

"The Game Show network, now with more soap operas!"
"Today on Rush Limbaugh, why Michael Moore was right!"
"Next on Disco 97.3, it's the heavy metal hour!"

You know the world's toast when you can no longer tell the difference between reality, April Fool's, and Yakov Smirnov jokes...

Written By: Stompgal on 04/10/09 at 6:19 am

I also think that the UK version of Cartoon Network has gone downhill in the past 3 years. When I was a kid, my favourite shows on that channel were 'Dexter's Laboratory,' The Powerpuff Girls,' 'Johnny Bravo,' 'The Flintstones,' 'The Jetsons,' 'Tom and Jerry' and 'Looney Tunes.' I also liked 'Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi' when it was broadcast on Cartoon Network 4 years ago. Nowadays Cartoon Network UK is dominated by 'Ben 10,' 'The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy' and 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,' which are not as good as the cartoons I enjoyed watching on that channel.

Written By: woops on 07/03/09 at 10:55 am

It's official: Cartoon Network has finally lost it's touch

Personally, it went downhill when it dumped majority of the classics off the schedule anout 8 years ago (exception of "Tom & Jerry" and "Scooby Doo"). They've been airing live action movies for a while and even tried a tween sitcom, which thankfully flopped.

Adult Swim was OK and had some good shows like "Harvey Birdman" and "Boondocks", but now is mostly unwatchable.

Written By: nally on 07/03/09 at 4:34 pm

^That really sucks. :P They shouldn't be airing live action any type of program, since that contradicts the name of the network...but MTV has gone that way already. Heck, I don't even watch Cartoon Network anymore since it dumped all the classics. 8-P

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/03/09 at 7:37 pm

Makes me wonder if anybody is watching Cartoon Network these days!  :-\\

Written By: woops on 07/04/09 at 11:37 am

There's comments from Toon Zone that stated that the reality shows aren't doing good in ratings.  :D

Not to mention that the network also have merged with the PGA... which I doubt most kids would be interested in golf.

Wonder if it's a ploy to get kids to play outside... if so, it's working.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/09 at 9:40 am

I'm still catching up on all those "King of the Hill" reruns. 

Adult Swim, new or reruns:

Robot Chicken
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Oblongs
Home Movies
Family Guy

Other than that, no reason to bother. 

"Mighty Boosh" has some good gags, but it doesn't really belong on the Cartoon Network. 

Stuff like "Boondocks" and "Squidbillies" I tried to get into, but it's all a hackneyed "Adult Swim" formula by now. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/09 at 5:53 pm

By the way this year's schedule on Teletoon Retro....... rocks!

New this fall....

The Yogi Bear Show, The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Quick Draw McGraw Show, Top Cat, Captin Caveman, Josie and the Pussycats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Inspector Gadget and Beetlejuice.

Alas, Teletoon Retro is only avialble in Canada.

http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showthread.php?p=17581

Written By: woops on 08/18/09 at 9:35 pm

Much better than Boomerang in the US, which is mainly Hanna Barbera, early Cartoon Network orginals with only selected episodes showing of several shows (ie only the third season of "Duck Dosgers" aired for a while before getting yanked out of the schedule on August 10, 2009) and no Looney Tunes (there's some dumb  fued between WB and Turner networks  :P)

Boomerang schedule for September

Back on topic: there's several posts about the Cartoon Network downfall on Cartoon Brew

Written By: woops on 10/26/09 at 2:57 pm

They're currently airing the original Pink Panther cartoons, though probably for the upcoming "Pink Panther & Pals" show that features the characters as teenagers  :P Though good to see the classics back on the channel.

Also some Halloween Looney Tunes programming... though the badly edited "Bugs Bunny's Howl-O-Ween" special with horrible "new" animation (the worst I've seen so far) with mostly clips from various classic shorts.

"Quackbusters" or an hour with horror themes shorts would be better, IMHO

Written By: nally on 10/26/09 at 4:26 pm

They're currently airing the original Pink Panther cartoons, though probably for the upcoming "Pink Panther & Pals" show that features the characters as teenagers  :P Though good to see the classics back on the channel.

Yes, the classics need to live on. They just don't make animation like that anymore.

Also some Halloween Looney Tunes programming... though the badly edited "Bugs Bunny's Howl-O-Ween" special with horrible "new" animation (the worst I've seen so far) with mostly clips from various classic shorts.

When's that gonna be on? I'd sure love to check it out

Written By: joeman on 10/26/09 at 4:39 pm

I too am only following Adult Swim.  I love watching Venture Bros, Stroker and Hoop, Robot Chicken, AquaTeen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Ooblongs, Metalocalypse, Home Movies, etc..

I think Cartoon Network has always catered to kids, that is why most shows now are not that interesting.  

Heck, watching shows from when you grow up isn't as exciting as it once was.  I bought the original TMNT cartoon, only to get surprised and mad at the crap they call a show.  A bunch of stock-footage, choppy animation, different voices for the same characters every week, the stupid jokes, the list goes on.  Word of an advice, what you grow up with isn't going to be great once you are an adult.

Written By: woops on 10/26/09 at 4:44 pm

The Bugs Bunny Halloween special aired a few times for a few days, though according to the listings on Zap2it.com it's nolonger airing.

Though on Cartoon Network's site it has "special" under several slots in the listings grid.

Written By: woops on 10/26/09 at 4:48 pm

Heck, watching shows from when you grow up isn't as exciting as it once was.  I bought the original TMNT cartoon, only to get surprised and mad at the crap they call a show.  A bunch of stock-footage, choppy animation, different voices for the same characters every week, the stupid jokes, the list goes on.  Word of an advice, what you grow up with isn't going to be great once you are an adult.

True since nostalgia tends to blind us

Though I discovered that Looney Tunes and other theatrical shorts were originally made for adults and have content that goes over many people heads from topical referances from WWII, pop culture (ie radio shows, celebrities, movies), and also that I now aprpeciate the cartoons more from watching various documentries and reading certain sites/boards like the Golden Age Cartoons forum.

I'm also into the camp value from early Hanna Barbera & Jay Ward cartoons from the voice-overs to sound effects.

Written By: joeman on 10/26/09 at 4:57 pm

True since nostalgia tends to blind us

Though I discovered that Looney Tunes and other theatrical shorts were originally made for adults and have content that goes over many people heads from topical referances from WWII, pop culture (ie radio shows, celebrities, movies), and also that I now aprpeciate the cartoons more from watching various documentries and reading certain sites/boards like the Golden Age Cartoons forum.

I'm also into the camp value from early Hanna Barbera & Jay Ward cartoons from the voice-overs to sound effects.

Looney Toons is great.  Most the material that they showcased would probably be frowned upon by the PTC.

There are some shows that AIM to capture the kid and adult audience through subtle writing and jokes.  Looney Toons was one of them.  Another was Rocko's Modern Life on Nick.  It was a cartoon with simple plots and morals, but there were tons of adult references and the characters were young adults.  One episode, Rocko's fat friend stayed up all night eating and then started eating in the morning screaming "Hair of the Dog", lol.

Written By: foghorn92 on 11/06/09 at 1:49 pm

Man, rember the days when we had:

Cow & Chicken
                                                            Ren & Stimpy
                                                            Johnny Bravo
                                                              Dexter's Laboratory
                                                              Doug
                                                                Catdog
                                                                Rocko's Modern Life
                                                                Rugrats

What the hell happened? Cartoons used to be the sheesh, now there are only a few animated shows and almost all of them suck, is this some half-baked response to all the the sheeshty live action Disney shows?

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/12/16 at 10:23 pm

I'm a bit interested in Aj's Infinite Summer. It could be Cartoon Network's Phineas and Ferb from the feedback I seen of it.

Anyone seen the top 10 upcoming Cartoon Network shows? Most from my perspective has that Clarence, Adult Swim quality I don't like.

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/12/16 at 10:45 pm

CN was in a bit of a mess from 2007-2009 (some would say 2006-2009, others even 2005-2009 or 2004-2009), but they're out of it now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/13/16 at 10:25 pm

CN was in a bit of a mess from 2007-2009 (some would say 2006-2009, others even 2005-2009 or 2004-2009), but they're out of it now.

2004-2006 as the decline of the network is so false. But, yeah. The network is clearly better than it was during the Late 2000s.

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/13/16 at 10:58 pm

2004-2006 as the decline of the network is so false. But, yeah. The network is clearly better than it was during the Late 2000s.

Well, arguably, 2006 was the year where CN's charm was very slowly beginning to shrink (rather bad shows like My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Squirrel Boy, Fred Fredburger and Cheese commercials which were annoying), though the decline was negligible enough that you could still enjoy watching it (reruns of the older material).

However, it didn't truly hit the iceberg until 2007-2009.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/14/16 at 12:32 am

Well, arguably, 2006 was the year where CN's charm was very slowly beginning to shrink, though the decline was negligible enough that you could still enjoy watching it.

However, it didn't truly hit the iceberg until 2007-2009.

I must add, I used to enjoy the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. But now that I'm older, I cannot stand the show beside season 1-2. By season 3, Billy became too obnoxious and the grim feel and color of the show became repulsive. Grim became the only character I could tolerate, already interesting. Season 1 especially is spectacular with how well the character dramatic behaviors were balanced out. While Jack is a fantastic villain. The show is original to brilliant and destroys today's list of Cartoon Network shows, but watching season 3-6 is brain damage to me.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/14/16 at 4:00 am

Decline, downfall, and death are three different words. Decline is like the beginning of the slope, downfall is the peak of the slope, and death is the end of the slope when it's completely fallen apart. For me personally 2006-mid 2007 was Cartoon Network's decline/downfall and late 2007-2008 was Cartoon Network's death, but while I enjoyed the City Era, I'm willing to accept people say that CN City was the start of CN's decline even though it wasn't in full force until a couple years after.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/14/16 at 4:05 am

Wow, I'm looking at these same comments from 2009, and it's hilarious that I almost had the exact same opinion as them at the time since it was the peak of CN's dark age, and they're much older than me. I see one person who back in 2009 missed Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and hated Chowder & Flapjack at the time (times have changed now of course), then I see someone who surprisingly liked Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi but didn't really like Foster's Home or Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. 

Written By: mqg96 on 09/14/16 at 4:06 am

I must add, I used to enjoy the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. But now that I'm older, I cannot stand the show beside season 1-2. By season 3, Billy became too obnoxious and the grim feel and color of the show became repulsive. Grim became the only character I could tolerate, already interesting. Season 1 especially is spectacular with how well the character dramatic behaviors were balanced out. While Jack is a fantastic villain. The show is original to brilliant and destroys today's list of Cartoon Network shows, but watching season 3-6 is brain damage to me.

Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and Cow & Chicken are the two Cartoon Cartoons that have not aged well at all for me. I can't watch those anymore due to its excessive gross out humor.

Written By: 2001 on 09/14/16 at 10:12 am

I watched Cow and Chicken recently (in French) and I still liked it  ;D

Written By: aja675 on 09/14/16 at 10:21 am

KbjTEthseDg The title reminds me of this song. "When I look down in the toilet, what kind of poop will that poop be? Will it be Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?" Just kidding about that part.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/14/16 at 11:41 am

Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and Cow & Chicken are the two Cartoon Cartoons that have not aged well at all for me. I can't watch those anymore due to its excessive gross out humor.

The early seasons are definitely timeless for me. Season 1-2 gets everything right. I never actually liked Cow & Chicken. It looks more like a Nickelodeon show to me now.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/14/16 at 1:28 pm

I still can't get over the fact that CN now only has about 8-9 shows. Back in the late 1990s-mid 2000s they had a HUGE amount of shows. Regular show and Gumball are ending. Meaning all they have left are Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO, Powerpuff Girls '16, We Bare Bears, Sonic Boom, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, and Mighty Migasword. And out of the 9 shows only 6 would show constantly. So many mini marathons of Teen Titans GO airing 3 times back-to-back and then Uncle Grandpa showing twice in a row.

It seems Cartoon Network of today doesn't understand how Cartoon Network of the previous decades became so good.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/14/16 at 2:16 pm

I still can't get over the fact that CN now only has about 8-9 shows. Back in the late 1990s-mid 2000s they had a HUGE amount of shows. Regular show and Gumball are ending. Meaning all they have left are Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO, Powerpuff Girls '16, We Bare Bears, Sonic Boom, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, and Mighty Migasword. And out of the 9 shows only 6 would show constantly. So many mini marathons of Teen Titans GO airing 3 times back-to-back and then Uncle Grandpa showing twice in a row.

It seems Cartoon Network of today doesn't understand how Cartoon Network of the previous decades became so good.

I feel like I could enjoy Cartoon Network throughout the entire 2000s, since it was still decent to me by then. Even with the Yes era, the CN Real block (although it made the network boring), and the Noods era, it was still entertaining to me. Compared to this decade's programming of shows, it was like a very debatable Renaissance. As somebody who enjoyed Nickelodeon more, it didn't really affect me on how much I watched it.

It feels sad that this decade didn't have a lot of interesting shows for Cartoon Network. With the 90s, you had Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, and Johnny Bravo. With the 2000s, you had Samurai Jack, Courage, Foster's, Codename: KND, Billy and Mandy, Teen Titans, Chowder, and Flapjack. With the 2010s, it's just Regular Show, Gumball, Adventure Time (which kinda sucked around 2014), and Gumball. Throughout this decade, we had controversial or obscure shows like Mad, Incredible Crew, Level Up, Teen Titans Go, PPG 2016, and Steven Universe.

I don't think anyone here would even know two of the shows I've even mentioned for this post, since they were beaten like a dead horse for years. Same with TTG, even though they've been getting negative reactions from their nostalgic audience since it premiered in 2013. Same with the 2016 reboot of the Powerpuff Girls, but it doesn't even have that much negativity compared to TTG.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/14/16 at 8:17 pm

Despite CN doing a little much better than Nick and Disney right now, I agree with this thread! I know this was made back when CN was going to have Live-action shows on the channel, and I'm glad now that's definitely over and all; however, that DOESN'T mean CN is doing a lot better. I was thinking about this a few days ago, and in reality, this is not and I repeat NOT a renaissance age. First of all, in order for CN itself to even have that title, it must have a variety of shows (especially most being generally amazing), have creative and memorable bumpers and have other fantastic misc. The Check-it Era doesn't have any of that, so I don't understand how it's even considered the Renaissance in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are a few great shows on CN that I have seen and like, but that doesn't mean it's better. I honestly have to say that the Noods era was much better than the one today (Its #3 while  Powerhouse takes #1 and City #2) considering it had artistic bumpers and even still had a mixture of shows of each genre. When's the last time there was a show that had lots of action/adventure, drama or even comedy? TTG is not truly even an action cartoon and it pretty much has Spongebob syndrome since it gets more slots than ANY other show in CN history despite the fact it has been on the network for only 3 years. It makes no sense at all.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/14/16 at 9:07 pm

Despite CN doing a little much better than Nick and Disney right now, I agree with this thread! I know this was made back when CN was going to have Live-action shows on the channel, and I'm glad now that's definitely over and all; however, that DOESN'T mean CN is doing a lot better. I was thinking about this a few days ago, and in reality, this is not and I repeat NOT a renaissance age. First of all, in order for CN itself to even have that title, it must have a variety of shows (especially most being generally amazing), have creative and memorable bumpers and have other fantastic misc. The Check-it Era doesn't have any of that, so I don't understand how it's even considered the Renaissance in the first place.

I'd say late 2010-2013ish was the only time the CHECK it era was in a Renaissance Age (2011 & 2012 being the absolute peak), but 2014-present the CHECK it era has NO business being called a "Renaissance" with the repetitive schedule and lack of variety. Not to mention the reboots lately and certain shows about to end too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/14/16 at 9:22 pm

I'd say late 2010-2013ish was the only time the CHECK it era was in a Renaissance Age (2011 & 2012 being the absolute peak), but 2014-present the CHECK it era has NO business being called a "Renaissance" with the repetitive schedule and lack of variety. Not to mention the reboots lately and certain shows about to end too.
I definitely agree! Yeah, the 2010-13 period was a Renaissance and all, but don't forget there was also a lot of mediocre and forgettable shows in the 2012-13 time-frame. I mean there were still some cringey live-action and horrendous cartoons. Good thing it still had diversity and the bumpers were more original.

Oh, and quick question, which Check it era did you like? 1.0 or 2.0?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/14/16 at 9:54 pm

But the Noods era had Canadian flash shows, Stuart Snyder's takover, cancellation of Toonami, and CN Real in full swing. Never forgive, never forget. :P

The Fall era is the only era that's worse.
You mean 6teen, Total Drama and Stoked? As for the rest, Toonami was already on its last legs thanks to TOM 4 and CN Real was only in full swing for like 4/5 months. It was gone before 2010. I do agree that the Fall era is worst one with Check-it 3.0/4.0 coming in 2nd and Yes! coming 3rd. Ya dig?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/14/16 at 10:46 pm

I definitely agree! Yeah, the 2010-13 period was a Renaissance and all, but don't forget there was also a lot of mediocre and forgettable shows in the 2012-13 time-frame. I mean there were still some cringey live-action and horrendous cartoons. Good thing it still had diversity and the bumpers were more original.

Oh, and quick question, which Check it era did you like? 1.0 or 2.0?

CHECK it 1.0 was definitely the best design, but CHECK it 2.0 had the best variety of programming. During the CHECK it 2.0 era they still used CHECK it 1.0 bumpers sometimes. When CHECK it 3.0 went in full effect those previous bumpers disappeared completely. I have not been fan of any of the CHECK it 3.0 bumpers up to now. You also said that 2012-13 had some mediocre/forgettable shows, well, that's because 2013 IMO was the transition out of the Renaissance Age, because 2013 was the last full year Adventure Time and Regular Show were the two most popular shows on Cartoon Network, the last action/sc-ifi shows like Young Justice and Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc had ended, and Teen Titans Go had first started too. Another thing I really liked about the CHECK it era in 2012 is when Cartoon Planet was on the air showing all the classic CN shows, but in 2013 Cartoon Planet started f**king up by adding modern shows to the block like Almost Naked Animals and Annoying Orange which ruined the whole thing. While these two shows weren't the best, I thought The Looney Tunes Show and MAD were underrated. So I think throughout the early 2010's, especially during the CHECK it 1.0/2.0 periods, CN was in a Renaissance because Adventure Time & Regular Show were the top two shows along with a balance of action shows and good acquired programming. CN since 2014 has been playing marathons of the same shows over and over again for no reason, and there's no variety anymore.

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/14/16 at 10:51 pm

You mean 6teen, Total Drama and Stoked? As for the rest, Toonami was already on its last legs thanks to TOM 4 and CN Real was only in full swing for like 4/5 months. It was gone before 2010. I do agree that the Fall era is worst one with Check-it 3.0/4.0 coming in 2nd and Yes! coming 3rd. Ya dig?

The Yes era was clearly declining, but it's better than the Noods and Fall eras if you ask me.

The Cartoon Cartoons were still being rerun on the Cartoon Cartoon Show, TOM 3 was still on Toonami instead of the lame TOM 4, there wasn't much live-action except for the occasional movie, and Miyazaki movies (always a plus) were being shown frequently in 2006.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/15/16 at 5:56 am

The Check-it Era doesn't have any of that, so I don't understand how it's even considered the Renaissance in the first place.

For one thing, people tend to think that the Check-It era was great, while it was just the aftermath of Stuart Snyder becoming president. Even Christina Miller can't really fix up the mess with Cartoon Network today, because it's not like they could do it great like the Powerhouse, City, Yes, Season '07, and even the Noods eras.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are a few great shows on CN that I have seen and like, but that doesn't mean it's better. I honestly have to say that the Noods era was much better than the one today (Its #3 while  Powerhouse takes #1 and City #2) considering it had artistic bumpers and even still had a mixture of shows of each genre. When's the last time there was a show that had lots of action/adventure, drama or even comedy? TTG is not truly even an action cartoon and it pretty much has Spongebob syndrome since it gets more slots than ANY other show in CN history despite the fact it has been on the network for only 3 years. It makes no sense at all.

Well you could say that they shows like Steven Universe, but I consider to be really childish as hell. I mean, it's not really unique towards any other 2010s Cartoon Network show. Not to mention it was made by a former Adventure Time storyboard artist, so the animation could be simplistic like that.

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/16/16 at 5:18 pm

So, it looks like Regular Show is ending soon. Some people aren't happy about this, as they think it means CN will continue having little variety and keep spamming TTGO reruns endlessly.

Funny enough, the show is set to end in January 2007. CN may go downhill again, at almost exactly 10 years after it went downhill the first time. :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 5:31 pm

So, it looks like Regular Show is ending soon. Some people aren't happy about this, as they think it means CN will continue having little variety and keep spamming TTGO reruns endlessly.

Funny enough, the show is set to end in January 2007. CN may go downhill again, at almost exactly 10 years after it went downhill the first time. :o

Behold! The 2nd Dark Age of Cartoon Network.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/16 at 5:40 pm

When someone took a sh*t.  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 5:48 pm

Behold! The 2nd Dark Age of Cartoon Network.

I already noticed that the second dark age of Cartoon Network has been around since 2013 or 2014.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 7:36 pm

I already noticed that the second dark age of Cartoon Network has been around since 2013 or 2014.

Need some competent people running the company. But as long as kids keep watching their stuff Cartoon Network won't change any issues since in their eyes there are none.  Teen Titans GO could be like Adventure Time and run for 7 years due to it being popular. Imagine the fact that when the kids of today grow up they'll talk about they grew up with "classics"  like Teen Titans GO and Uncle Grandpa. Heh

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 7:46 pm

Need some competent people running the company. But as long as kids keep watching their stuff Cartoon Network won't change any issues since in their eyes there are none.  Teen Titans GO could be like Adventure Time and run for 7 years due to it being popular. Imagine the fact that when the kids of today grow up they'll talk about they grew up with "classics"  like Teen Titans GO and Uncle Grandpa. Heh

That would be like the day I'll start smacking some sense into those kids.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/16/16 at 8:03 pm

It can't be helped. They were born too late, man.

Also, I don't think even the right people behind the network can improve much now since that should have happened in the early 2010s before hits were cancelled like Sym Bionic Titan. You know.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 8:04 pm

Well, people who grew up with shows like Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and Camp Lazlo are now adults and consider those shows "classic", even though I remember people hating them at the time. :P

You keep Camp Lazlo outta this! That show was good!

What's funny I remember reading somewhere that it was made by the same guy who created Rosco's Modern Life.

But hey there are a lot of shows that people consider classics that were originally given a lot of hate. Remember the legendary saying?

"If it's Modern then it sucks" this logic applies to everything that has ever been created in all decades. Everyone seems to have it for some reason.

Anyways I'm jumping off topic. When it comes to Cartoon Network they can have good shows. I liked Adventure Time, Gumball, Regular Show and all the other shows I mentioned that I liked before. What worries me isn't that CN is cancelling some of these shows. It's the fact that I have no idea if the shows that'll replace them will be any good. I have noticed that the current animation trend of this decade is to be somewhat artsy and to break the mold slightly. Cartoon Network has been following this trend since it started in the late 2000s. But I'm just worried that we'll end up with more shows that're like Uncle Grandpa or Teen Titans GO!

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 8:06 pm

It can't be helped. They were born too late, man.

Also, I don't think even the right people behind the network can improve much now since that should have happened in the early 2010s before hits were cancelled like Sym Bionic Titan. You know.

Shows like Sym Bionic Titan and Young Justice got cancelled due to not selling enough toys. But sh*t like Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go have over 100 episodes and will likely continue for a few more years? Always reasons to not like Cartoon Network.  :(

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/16/16 at 8:06 pm

"If it's Modern then it sucks" this logic applies to everything that has ever been created in all decades. Everyone seems to have it for some reason.

Yeah. I do remember that, for a time, people born in the early mid 80s thought Pokemon (mostly the anime, not the games - and eh, I'd agree with them, it was a pretty bad show :P) was "ADD crap" or "kiddy", and thought it couldn't compare to their childhood entertainment like TMNT and Power Rangers.

But then, around 2010, people born in the late 80s/early 90s grabbed the nostalgia mantle. The complaining suddenly vanished, and Pokemon became seen as a treasured childhood show. ;D

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 8:10 pm

Yeah. I do remember that, for a time, people born in the early mid 80s thought Pokemon (mostly the anime, not the games - and eh, I'd agree with them, it was a pretty bad show :P) was "ADD crap" or "kiddy", and thought it couldn't compare to their childhood entertainment like TMNT and Power Rangers.

But then, around 2010, people born in the late 80s/early 90s grabbed the nostalgia mantle. The complaining suddenly vanished, and Pokemon became seen as a treasured childhood show. ;D

When I was around 9-10 in 1999-2000 I remember a ton of teens and adults trashing Pokemon. Now Pokemon is NOT the greatest show ever. I don't care for the TV show nowadays, but in hindsight I realize that the show wasn't all that great even back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Most people only liked it due to being caught up in the Pokemon Craze.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/16/16 at 8:17 pm

Well, people who grew up with shows like Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and Camp Lazlo are now adults and consider those shows "classic", even though I remember people hating them at the time. :P

I'm an adult and while I always say I grew up with Ben 10 which came out after those two shows, I still grew up with Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Time Squad, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans (2003), Codename: KND, etc. Honestly, I think the only CN original shows that started during the City Era that'll be considered as "classics" are Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and the original Ben 10. Those left a legacy among creativity and fans. Regular Show and Adventure Time will be classics years from now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/16/16 at 8:47 pm

Cartoon Network has been following this trend since it started in the late 2000s. But I'm just worried that we'll end up with more shows that're like Uncle Grandpa or Teen Titans GO!

That will be karma for cancelling creative shows. Damn. Sym Bionic Titan had potential.
When I was around 9-10 in 1999-2000 I remember a ton of teens and adults trashing Pokemon. Now Pokemon is NOT the greatest show ever. I don't care for the TV show nowadays, but in hindsight I realize that the show wasn't all that great even back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Most people only liked it due to being caught up in the Pokemon Craze.

Its just the early seasons of Pokémon are G.O.A.T compared to the newest seasons. Misty is a very well written and lively character. Brock is a minute behind. Also, you can't forget about godly memorable Karaoke songs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 9:12 pm

Pretty much anybody hated those shows during the mid 2000s, but then they were gone from the Internet a few years ago.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 9:17 pm

That will be karma for cancelling creative shows. Damn. Sym Bionic Titan had potential.

It sounds like Cartoon Network is going the Nickelodeon way of controlling their channel. They cancel creative shows, and they keep the ones that are obviously simple to understand if you're a child. Not that I hate that, since the channel would always be for kids, but they gotta do something about that.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/16/16 at 9:24 pm

Its just the early seasons of Pokémon are G.O.A.T compared to the newest seasons. Misty is a very well written and lively character. Brock is a minute behind. Also, you can't forget about godly memorable Karaoke songs.

You're not wrong on either of those points. I did prefer Misty and Broke over Ash's current cast of weirdos. As for Sym Bionic Titan I liked the show. Was pretty actiony and well written. But CN cancelled it because I guess they're too greedy. Didn't this happen to Megas XLR which was also a show about guys who fought in a mech/titan against monsters? Guess CN doesn't like Mech shows. Man, I miss Megas XLR.  :( Been 11 years since that show got cancelled.

I joke I remember hearing that went something along the line of "The better the show the more likely it is to get cancelled". This doesn't apply to a lot of shows, but people are mad at the loss of Mega XLR, Sym Bionic Titan, Young Justice etc. But crappy shows like Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans GO just keep on airing.  >:(

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/17/16 at 3:04 pm

It sounds like Cartoon Network is going the Nickelodeon way of controlling their channel. They cancel creative shows, and they keep the ones that are obviously simple to understand if you're a child. Not that I hate that, since the channel would always be for kids, but they gotta do something about that.

I wouldn't even say Cartoon Network is following Nick. A handful of channels are deceiving themselves into oblivion.
You're not wrong on either of those points. I did prefer Misty and Broke over Ash's current cast of weirdos. As for Sym Bionic Titan I liked the show. Was pretty actiony and well written. But CN cancelled it because I guess they're too greedy. Didn't this happen to Megas XLR which was also a show about guys who fought in a mech/titan against monsters? Guess CN doesn't like Mech shows. Man, I miss Megas XLR.  :( Been 11 years since that show got cancelled.

I joke I remember hearing that went something along the line of "The better the show the more likely it is to get cancelled". This doesn't apply to a lot of shows, but people are mad at the loss of Mega XLR, Sym Bionic Titan, Young Justice etc. But crappy shows like Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans GO just keep on airing.  >:(

And it makes you wonder since Megas XLR was cancelled when Cartoon Network was still great. Honestly though, I still watch Pokémon whenever I can catch it because it reminds me of what the show used to be. After you watch it, you realize how special the show is. Sometimes I wish Cartoon Network would air it later in the day. Its even starting to feel out of place on the network.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/17/16 at 3:15 pm

I wouldn't even say Cartoon Network is following Nick. A handful of channels are deceiving themselves into oblivion.

Yeah, but they have the same way of controlling their shows like Nick. Not to mention that they promote their shows on social media so much, just like Nick. The only differences is that they don't pay mainstream musicians (e.g. Silento) to make crappy covers of their songs on their channel, and they cancel their shows which could possibly go through seasonal rot.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/17/16 at 7:50 pm

Yeah, but they have the same way of controlling their shows like Nick. Not to mention that they promote their shows on social media so much, just like Nick. The only differences is that they don't pay mainstream musicians (e.g. Silento) to make crappy covers of their songs on their channel, and they cancel their shows which could possibly go through seasonal rot.

You know what's just as scary? UP and Clarence may eventually be on Boomerang. Even picturing Steven Universe on Boomerang is a bit odd.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/17/16 at 7:55 pm

You know what's just as scary? UP and Clarence may eventually be on Boomerang. Even picturing Steven Universe on Boomerang is a bit odd.

It's really no big surprise, since they already shown modern shows on Boomerang. I mean, it's not going to help them get more older shows to be on the channel.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/17/16 at 8:07 pm

It's really no big surprise, since they already shown modern shows on Boomerang. I mean, it's not going to help them get more older shows to be on the channel.

I just need Dragon Ball Z and I'll be happy.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/17/16 at 8:19 pm

I just need Dragon Ball Z and I'll be happy.

They could've revived Toonami better with that. Even though they already did on Adult Swim.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/17/16 at 8:50 pm

They could've revived Toonami better with that. Even though they already did on Adult Swim.

I'm talking about the original FUNimation dub version. Not Kai. If that's the version you were referring to. In truth, it wouldn't make sense to air the original FUNimation dub today since the writing is dated, even though that version has a timeless soundtrack.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/17/16 at 8:54 pm

I'm talking about the original FUNimation dub version. Not Kai. If that's the version you were referring to. In truth, it wouldn't make sense to air the original FUNimation dub today since the writing is dated, even though that version has a timeless soundtrack.

Well, I didn't know that you were talking about the Funimation dub. I don't watch that much anime.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/18/16 at 12:08 am

The Yes era was clearly declining, but it's better than the Noods and Fall eras if you ask me.

The Cartoon Cartoons were still being rerun on the Cartoon Cartoon Show, TOM 3 was still on Toonami instead of the lame TOM 4, there wasn't much live-action except for the occasional movie, and Miyazaki movies (always a plus) were being shown frequently in 2006.
I can agree with that, but yeah the Yes and Noods are at hand with each other. They're equally better than the Fall era which messed up everything which caused Toonami to be canceled during the Noods time period.

For one thing, people tend to think that the Check-It era was great, while it was just the aftermath of Stuart Snyder becoming president. Even Christina Miller can't really fix up the mess with Cartoon Network today, because it's not like they could do it great like the Powerhouse, City, Yes, Season '07, and even the Noods eras.

Well you could say that they shows like Steven Universe, but I consider to be really childish as hell. I mean, it's not really unique towards any other 2010s Cartoon Network show. Not to mention it was made by a former Adventure Time storyboard artist, so the animation could be simplistic like that.
Right on! That's why I'm sticking with what Mqg stated. Check-It 1.0 and 2.0 were the best out of this entire era. The rest, not even close. Honestly, I think it's time for CN to enter a new era and maybe that will help. The Check-It has gotten stale over the years and has been since 2014.

Oh, I hadn't known about that. That's probably why AT doesn't get anymore airtime since SU took over its spot once the latter series began; however, I do like both though as they are amazing in their own way.

CHECK it 1.0 was definitely the best design, but CHECK it 2.0 had the best variety of programming. During the CHECK it 2.0 era they still used CHECK it 1.0 bumpers sometimes. When CHECK it 3.0 went in full effect those previous bumpers disappeared completely. I have not been fan of any of the CHECK it 3.0 bumpers up to now. You also said that 2012-13 had some mediocre/forgettable shows, well, that's because 2013 IMO was the transition out of the Renaissance Age, because 2013 was the last full year Adventure Time and Regular Show were the two most popular shows on Cartoon Network, the last action/sc-ifi shows like Young Justice and Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc had ended, and Teen Titans Go had first started too. Another thing I really liked about the CHECK it era in 2012 is when Cartoon Planet was on the air showing all the classic CN shows, but in 2013 Cartoon Planet started f**king up by adding modern shows to the block like Almost Naked Animals and Annoying Orange which ruined the whole thing. While these two shows weren't the best, I thought The Looney Tunes Show and MAD were underrated. So I think throughout the early 2010's, especially during the CHECK it 1.0/2.0 periods, CN was in a Renaissance because Adventure Time & Regular Show were the top two shows along with a balance of action shows and good acquired programming. CN since 2014 has been playing marathons of the same shows over and over again for no reason, and there's no variety anymore
Agreed completely!!!!! As a matter of fact, I liked the first two designs because it had everything aside from the forgettable mediocre shows. Awesome bumpers and I admired the excellent canceled shows such as Young Justice, Bionic Titan, NEW Looney Tunes, NEW Scooby Doo etc. They were well thought out. It tremendously sucks because it really seems like the CN renaissance was very short lived. If CN doesn't get back on track, it's going to end up like Nick and Disney which will maybe ultimately kill children's cartoons. Just thinking about it, there's truly no other channels/blocks left that play children content other than PBS and the channel that used to be the HUB.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/18/16 at 9:33 am

Right on! That's why I'm sticking with what Mqg stated. Check-It 1.0 and 2.0 were the best out of this entire era. The rest, not even close. Honestly, I think it's time for CN to enter a new era and maybe that will help. The Check-It has gotten stale over the years and has been since 2014.

Maybe around late 2014, the Check It era got worse when the network announced they'll rebrand Boomerang. In a way, it ruined of what the sister channel meant for almost 15 years.

Oh, I hadn't known about that. That's probably why AT doesn't get anymore airtime since SU took over its spot once the latter series began; however, I do like both though as they are amazing in their own way.

That, and SU has a pretty large fanbase on the Internet.

Agreed completely!!!!! As a matter of fact, I liked the first two designs because it had everything aside from the forgettable mediocre shows. Awesome bumpers and I admired the excellent canceled shows such as Young Justice, Bionic Titan, NEW Looney Tunes, NEW Scooby Doo etc. They were well thought out. It tremendously sucks because it really seems like the CN renaissance was very short lived. If CN doesn't get back on track, it's going to end up like Nick and Disney which will maybe ultimately kill children's cartoons.

I think most cartoon fans nowadays just depend on whether the show is mature or not. If it's mature, then they wouldn't criticize that harshly. If it wasn't, then it would be the opposite. I actually miss when kids were usually watching cartoons, but now thanks to YouTube reviewers like Mr. Enter, ElectricDragon505, and the Nostalgia Critic, it seems like today's kids don't have a chance to like it that much.

Just thinking about it, there's truly no other channels/blocks left that play children content other than PBS and the channel that used to be the HUB.

PBS Kids doesn't really have it as good as the early-mid 2000s. They used to have shows like Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat, George Shrinks, Cyberchase, the Zoom reboot, Zoboomafoo, Arthur, and a bunch of others. Nowadays, they usually have content made for preschoolers and kindergartners. It's a good thing that I quit watching it around 2007, since it was just as awkward as they are now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/19/16 at 9:34 pm

I don't think I can imagine Boomerang without Pokémon at this point. Its been on the network longer than most original Cartoon Network shows themselves.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/19/16 at 9:58 pm

I don't understand why they put Pokemon on Boomerang back in 2005. It wasn't old enough to be considered "retro" then (and 05 was when Boomerang was still a retro channel, rather than a CN dumping ground).

They probably didn't want another channel possibly obtaining the rights to a mega hit.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/19/16 at 10:21 pm

I don't understand why they put Pokemon on Boomerang back in 2005. It wasn't old enough to be considered "retro" then (and 05 was when Boomerang was still a retro channel, rather than a CN dumping ground).

I don't remember Pokemon coming on Boomerang until 2010.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 6:03 am

I remember when they had Pokemon on Boomerang in 2006. I think they put it on the network just to show the older Pokemon episodes before the Advanced Generation. As time passes, they added more seasons that ended after 2005/6.

I don't remember Pokemon coming on Boomerang until 2010.

Huh. I guess you didn't watch Boomerang that often.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/20/16 at 2:18 pm

Teen Titans Go isn't ultimately bad for me. I have a handful of episodes I can tolerate. The Speed Racer parody episode is one that comes to mind that's on the list.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 2:48 pm

Teen Titans Go isn't ultimately bad for me. I have a handful of episodes I can tolerate. The Speed Racer parody episode is one that comes to mind that's on the list.

I guess when it comes to TTG, everybody here doesn't get upset about it. I find it more reasonable compared to the people who hate it on YouTube so much.

Written By: nally on 09/23/16 at 1:22 pm

I don't think I can imagine Boomerang without Pokémon at this point. Its been on the network longer than most original Cartoon Network shows themselves.

However, when Boomerang was first launched, it was aimed towards an older generation (I think), and aired mostly classic cartoon shows. Our TV service provider, however, didn't pick up the channel until mid-2000s, I think.

These days it still shows old cartoons, including Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, but it also has some of CN's original programs (which are much more recent; I don't really care for them).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/23/16 at 1:37 pm

However, when Boomerang was first launched, it was aimed towards an older generation (I think), and aired mostly classic cartoon shows. Our TV service provider, however, didn't pick up the channel until mid-2000s, I think.

These days it still shows old cartoons, including Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, but it also has some of CN's original programs (which are much more recent; I don't really care for them).

It was mostly targeted towards Baby Boomers. It also had a slogan that said "It's all coming back to you.", hence the name Boomerang. Most of the cartoons that aired during Boomerang's golden age (the 2000s and early 2010s) were from the 1940s to 1960s, which was what Baby Boomers watched as kids during Saturday mornings (or at movie theatres).

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/23/16 at 2:44 pm

I respect the intended purpose of Boomerang, but those cartoons just aren't my taste. I watch Boomerang for prime Cartoon Network.

Written By: nally on 09/23/16 at 3:08 pm

I respect the intended purpose of Boomerang, but those cartoons just aren't my taste. I watch Boomerang for prime Cartoon Network.

That's fine; we all have our preferences as to what shows we like. I just personally don't care for the more recent animation programs, except Phineas & Ferb (a Disney Channel original series that is now being reran on Disney XD).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/23/16 at 3:47 pm

Do you still watch Boomerang on a daily basis?

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/23/16 at 6:54 pm

Do you still watch Boomerang on a daily basis?

Yup. Right when Pokémon is starting at 9:00pm. Pokémon until KND makes me feel like I'm watching good ol' Cartoon Network.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/24/16 at 8:34 am

Yup. Right when Pokémon is starting at 9:00pm. Pokémon until KND makes me feel like I'm watching good ol' Cartoon Network.

It looked better before the rebrand came.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/04/17 at 2:51 pm

OG Teen Titans is literally returning to Cartoon Network next week.

Note. Like what has been said, keep expectations low. It could be back for just, one week. Its good to know Cartoon Network is clearly experimenting though. This is interesting.

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 08/04/17 at 3:26 pm

They should bring back actual GOOD stuff like Tom and Jerry,Jetsons,etc........

Bugs bunny (Original 70s and before)

Written By: annimal on 08/04/17 at 4:52 pm

any good old Loony Tunes stuff would be great. 

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/04/17 at 10:33 pm

Has anyone yet to see OK KO Lets Be Heroes? I hear it did well ratings wise.

Written By: annimal on 08/05/17 at 11:31 am

Never seen it and don't know if I care

Written By: Howard on 08/05/17 at 2:31 pm

I agree.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/06/17 at 8:11 am

any good old Loony Tunes stuff would be great.

Maybe Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes will return to CN mornings on some occasions, but Boomerang is the main home for those nowadays. The Jetsons and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons haven't aired Cartoon Network in almost 15 years. Since then it's only aired on Boomerang or its digital streaming service, but Boomerang has been rebranded since 2015 and I haven't checked their schedule in a long time.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/06/17 at 8:12 am

Now it's down the toilet again because of the endless Teen Titans Go reruns since 2014. TTGO takes up nearly the entire schedule.

I remember seeing that schedule last week and everybody was going nuts all over the internet including ToonZone. That was the most pathetic CN schedule I've ever seen my whole life  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/06/17 at 2:08 pm

Maybe Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes will return to CN mornings on some occasions, but Boomerang is the main home for those nowadays. The Jetsons and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons haven't aired Cartoon Network in almost 15 years. Since then it's only aired on Boomerang or its digital streaming service, but Boomerang has been rebranded since 2015 and I haven't checked their schedule in a long time.

Will it contain the classic episodes? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/06/17 at 2:18 pm

Will it contain the classic episodes? ???

Boomerang still airs the original Looney Tunes and the original Tom and Jerry. It doesn't air any other cartoon from before 2006 though.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/06/17 at 2:44 pm

Honestly, Cartoon Network shouldn't bring back Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry because its not good for the network to dwell on them forever.

Cartoon Network should bring back more recent hits like Teen Titans.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/06/17 at 2:53 pm

Honestly, Cartoon Network shouldn't bring back Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry because its not good for the network to dwell on them forever.

Boomerang already airs Tom and Jerry and the Looney Tunes.

They already did...it's called Teen Titans Go!.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/06/17 at 5:43 pm

Now it's down the toilet again because of the endless Teen Titans Go reruns since 2014. TTGO takes up nearly the entire schedule.
I checked the schedule a little over a month ago, and I agree they are still showing endless reruns of TTG. When will the CN president realize that TTG is not all that special? I wish there was more variety like there was during the old CN days.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/06/17 at 10:18 pm

They already did...it's called Teen Titans Go!.

Not Teen Titans Go. The original.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/06/17 at 11:02 pm

Not Teen Titans Go. The original.

You mean thst they should do a revival of the original Teen Titans.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/17 at 3:18 pm

But I think newer generations should learn as to what shows we grew up with.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/07/17 at 4:46 pm

Then Boomerang should be a must have channel for them.

Written By: Howard on 08/08/17 at 7:04 am

Then Boomerang should be a must have channel for them.

I definitely agree.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/08/17 at 3:35 pm

Every generation of kids from the 30's through early 00's watched Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry on TV. Whether it was in movie theaters from the 30's-50's, Saturday morning blocks from the 60's-90's, or Cartoon Network from 1992-2004. You ask kids today who Looney Tunes are they will hardly get any names, it's sad.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/08/17 at 5:47 pm

Every generation of kids from the 30's through early 00's watched Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry on TV. Whether it was in movie theaters from the 30's-50's, Saturday morning blocks from the 60's-90's, or Cartoon Network from 1992-2004. You ask kids today who Looney Tunes are they will hardly get any names, it's sad.

That's not true.

Also, Boomerang still airs both the original Looney Tunes and the original Tom and Jerry. In fact, I just watched both today...ON BOOMERANG.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/09/17 at 9:24 am

That's not true.

Also, Boomerang still airs both the original Looney Tunes and the original Tom and Jerry. In fact, I just watched both today...ON BOOMERANG.

Yes it is true.

mRnYPpymzrE

I've said it many times, since late 2004 Looney Tunes has hardly been on regular cable TV for kids to openly watch on reasonable time slots (like weekends), and for a while not everybody had BOOMERANG and still today not everybody has digital cable networks. The early 00's was the last time Looney Tunes was popular on TV and the last time you saw a lot of Looney Tunes commercials too. Looney Tunes: Back in Action (which was a failure), Duck Dodgers, and The Looney Tunes Show (block consisted of classic shorts, not the 2011 show) was the tail end of Looney Tunes' popularity towards average kids. After that you hardly noticed it on TV unless you count a digital cable network that was hard to get, and even from 2007-2010 Looney Tunes wasn't on Boomerang for awhile. It didn't finally come back to the Boomerang daily schedule until 2011. Even half of the 00's kids are lucky to know a lot Looney Tunes characters because of "Baby Looney Tunes".

Kids of the 30's, 40's, and 50's caught Looney Tunes in theaters. Kids of the 60's, 70's, and 80's caught Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings. Kids of the 90's caught Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings or Nickelodeon. Kids of the late 90's and early 00's caught Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network. Kids of the mid 00's are the first generation who didn't see the classic shorts on cable television but had to have Boomerang in order to catch them, and a lot of ppl are lucky to know the characters because of "Baby Looney Tunes." Hardly any kids of late 00's and 10's know any form of Looney Tunes unless they have Boomerang (which the majority don't have).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/09/17 at 10:34 am

OK...I'm not going to get into this ridiculous debate again ::).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/09/17 at 1:59 pm

Out of the big three kids networks in the US (Nick, CN, Disney Channel), Nickelodeon is currently the best...by far.

Nick is doing good with The Loud House, which is actually not bad.

Also, Nickelodeon has the pretty much the only serious and more mature cartoon on any kids channels (the current TMNT series). The current TMNT series is in it's 5th and final season right now (it's been re-titled as Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). This fifth season has been so good even better than the previous 4 seasons. The writing is great and mature, the themes and mood are dark but not too dark, the animation, cinematography and action is amazing, the plot is sophisticated and enchanting. You won't see a cartoon like it on any other kids network today.

Currently, there are only 2 cartoons on the big three kids networks in the US that aren't lighthearted, comedic or silly (the current TMNT series on Nick and CN's Justice League Action)...that to me is just unacceptable. There needs to be more diversity in the types of cartoons that are shown...why are almost all cartoons today lighthearted or comedic and have a similar art style? There is no reason for it. It would be just as bad if most cartoons were serious or actiony. There needs to be a balance like how Cartoon Network was in the 2000s...you had the serious or more serious cartoons (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, etc), you also had the lighthearted, silly or more comedic cartoons (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Camp Lazlo, etc) and then you had the cartoons that were in the middle of lighthearted and serious (Codename: Kids Next Door, The Powerpuff Girls, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Ben 10, etc).

Written By: Howard on 08/09/17 at 3:26 pm

most likely they'll probably get a few characters they remember.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/10/17 at 10:02 am

Infinity Train is noticeably anticipated for Cartoon Network. From what I seen of it, the show looks.. blandish to me. I like shows with mystery elements but not full mystery. Another reason I can't stand Scooby Doo anymore.

Welcome To My Life doesn't exactly do it for me either. Its hard to be original these days.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/12/17 at 4:32 am

I havent cared for scooby doo since the original voices were taken off...... ITS COMPLETE CRAP!!

Written By: Howard on 08/12/17 at 6:58 am

I havent cared for scooby doo since the original voices were taken off...... ITS COMPLETE CRAP!!

I do remember the old version of Scooby Doo.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/18/17 at 4:48 pm

Yup and it was MUCHO better :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/19/17 at 10:51 pm

Here are some recent CN rants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-g87Ew504

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otp1p4eucww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnpaGL1GKRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6C6VRNHug

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/20/17 at 9:06 am

I said this in YouTube comments. I'm talking a break from Cartoon Network discussion. Its so tiring and been a thing since basically forever. Teen Titans Go is racking in views and there's nothing people can do against it because, ratings are ** needed. Cartoon Network is airing more Teen Titans Original but I'm not holding my breath. Older shows don't bring ratings and probably just a, lets do it to shut the whiners up thing.

If you grew up during Cartoon Network's glory days, its impossible for the network to make a comeback anyway. We're all "Back in my day" heads. And that's the pattern we're all gonna follow.

Written By: annimal on 08/20/17 at 10:12 am

I do remember the old version of Scooby Doo.

well I do

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/20/17 at 3:01 pm

I said this in YouTube comments. I'm talking a break from Cartoon Network discussion. Its so tiring and been a thing since basically forever. Teen Titans Go is racking in views and there's nothing people can do against it because, ratings are ** needed. Cartoon Network is airing more Teen Titans Original but I'm not holding my breath. Older shows don't bring ratings and probably just a, lets do it to shut the whiners up thing.

If you grew up during Cartoon Network's glory days, its impossible for the network to make a comeback anyway. We're all "Back in my day" heads. And that's the pattern we're all gonna follow.

This is basically 99.9% of the Teen Titans fanbase. The fact that they proclaim the same stuff for four years now is getting pretty boring, which is why I don't really follow Cartoon Network nowadays.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/22/17 at 8:41 am

Honestly, Cartoon Network started to suck around 2002, and anybody who thinks otherwise is totally a Gen Y pansy.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/22/17 at 9:15 am

Honestly, Cartoon Network started to suck around 2002, and anybody who thinks otherwise is totally a Gen Y pansy.

I'm just going to consider this a bait trap.

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/22/17 at 10:40 am

You lasted shorter than most.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 09/03/17 at 9:26 am

Well, up yours, motherfudgeer.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/03/17 at 7:00 pm

I just started to watch "Rick and Morty". I can't believe I never watched it earlier since it started in 2013.

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/06/17 at 10:32 pm

On that note. 10 years ago today, Cartoon Network kicked off the "Fall" era. Out of Jimmy's Head premieres at this time being the first of CN's live-action shows, with poor reception.

According to people born in the mid 90s, like mqg96, this era was when Cartoon Network completely fell in the toilet, but people born in the very late 90s seem to remember it more fondly. What are your thoughts about this era?

Y4z5ogx3g5g

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/06/17 at 10:42 pm

On that note. 10 years ago today, Cartoon Network kicked off the "Fall" era. Out of Jimmy's Head premieres at this time being the first of CN's live-action shows, with poor reception.

According to people born in the mid 90s, like mqg96, this era was when Cartoon Network completely fell in the toilet, but people born in the late 90s seem to remember it more fondly. What are your thoughts about this era?

Y4z5ogx3g5g
It was awful. At least, there were a few a good shows though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/07/17 at 9:02 am

According to people born in the mid 90s, like mqg96, this era was when Cartoon Network completely fell in the toilet, but people born in the very late 90s seem to remember it more fondly. What are your thoughts about this era?

Y4z5ogx3g5g

Wow. It's been 10 years....I still remember after 10 years how I reacted to this. I woke up and turned on the TV to CN and this was what showed up and I was completely bewildered....I didn't know what was going on. I could definitely tell that Cartoon Network was going in a different direction. However, I don't think that Cartoon Network completely fell off in the Fall of 2007. This short era was just OK. I will ALWAYS think that Cartoon Network fell off completely in 2009 with CN Real.

Written By: d90 on 09/07/17 at 9:30 am

Wow. It's been 10 years....I still remember after 10 years how I reacted to this. I woke up and turned on the TV to CN and this was what showed up and I was completely bewildered....I didn't know what was going on. I could definitely tell that Cartoon Network was going in a different direction. However, I don't think that Cartoon Network completely fell off in the Fall of 2007. This short era was just OK. I will ALWAYS think that Cartoon Network fell off completely in 2009 with CN Real.

Yeah I thought it was weird that Cartoon Network was airing real shows, especially since this channel specializes in cartoons and now a days I see that Nicktoons is doing the same thing. 

Written By: d90 on 09/07/17 at 9:43 am

Yes it is true.

mRnYPpymzrE

I've said it many times, since late 2004 Looney Tunes has hardly been on regular cable TV for kids to openly watch on reasonable time slots (like weekends), and for a while not everybody had BOOMERANG and still today not everybody has digital cable networks. The early 00's was the last time Looney Tunes was popular on TV and the last time you saw a lot of Looney Tunes commercials too. Looney Tunes: Back in Action (which was a failure), Duck Dodgers, and The Looney Tunes Show (block consisted of classic shorts, not the 2011 show) was the tail end of Looney Tunes' popularity towards average kids. After that you hardly noticed it on TV unless you count a digital cable network that was hard to get, and even from 2007-2010 Looney Tunes wasn't on Boomerang for awhile. It didn't finally come back to the Boomerang daily schedule until 2011. Even half of the 00's kids are lucky to know a lot Looney Tunes characters because of "Baby Looney Tunes".

Kids of the 30's, 40's, and 50's caught Looney Tunes in theaters. Kids of the 60's, 70's, and 80's caught Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings. Kids of the 90's caught Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings or Nickelodeon. Kids of the late 90's and early 00's caught Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network. Kids of the mid 00's are the first generation who didn't see the classic shorts on cable television but had to have Boomerang in order to catch them, and a lot of ppl are lucky to know the characters because of "Baby Looney Tunes." Hardly any kids of late 00's and 10's know any form of Looney Tunes unless they have Boomerang (which the majority don't have).

Boomerang has sadly in my opinion declined this decade starting in 2012 when they aired junk like Almost Naked Animals and especially in 2014 when they got rid of most of the classic Hanna Barbera shows like Johnny Quest, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, The Jetsons,  Dastardly and Muttley, Wacky Races and many other great classic cartoons that were only airing on that channel and are as of 2017 hard to find online.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/07/17 at 10:53 am

Yeah I thought it was weird that Cartoon Network was airing real shows, especially since this channel specializes in cartoons and now a days I see that Nicktoons is doing the same thing.

I agree.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/17 at 1:12 pm

Boomerang has sadly in my opinion declined this decade starting in 2012 when they aired junk like Almost Naked Animals and especially in 2014 when they got rid of most of the classic Hanna Barbera shows like Johnny Quest, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, The Jetsons,  Dastardly and Muttley, Wacky Races and many other great classic cartoons that were only airing on that channel and are as of 2017 hard to find online.

Why did Boomerang do that?

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/08/17 at 7:51 pm

This is why Nicktoons Network and Disney overtook CN in popularity in the late 00s.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 09/08/17 at 8:14 pm

This is why Nicktoons Network and Disney overtook CN in popularity in the late 00s.

I see more it like Nicktoons Network was way better than CN and Disney Channel altogether during the late 2000s, since they actually had good sh*t compared to them. Disney Channel (not with Toon Disney) really wasn't the same after 2008 came. Tons and tons of Hannah Montana reruns were literally airing on Disney Channel, while we only had Toon Disney along.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/10/17 at 10:38 am

I see more it like Nicktoons Network was way better than CN and Disney Channel altogether during the late 2000s, since they actually had good sh*t compared to them. Disney Channel (not with Toon Disney) really wasn't the same after 2008 came. Tons and tons of Hannah Montana reruns were literally airing on Disney Channel, while we only had Toon Disney along.

Disney was good at the time too. Zack & Cody was still on, as was That's so Raven and High School Musical. CN on the other hand had little more than Ben 10, Flapjack and Chowder to keep people tuning in.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/10/17 at 11:40 am

I agree! That channel was very popular even though I didn't have it. If I had Nicktoons Network during that time, I would have watched the shows on there every day.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/10/17 at 12:30 pm

Disney was good at the time too. Zack & Cody was still on, as was That's so Raven and High School Musical. CN on the other hand had little more than Ben 10, Flapjack and Chowder to keep people tuning in.

I agree with this 8).

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/20/17 at 10:29 pm

Total Drama Island with the original cast is being rebooted but sadly in a schemish way.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:16 pm

It's so weird how this was from 2009 I'm guessing it was CNReal

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:22 pm

It's so weird how this was from 2009 I'm guessing it was CNReal

Yep, it was about CN Real:

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:24 pm

Yep, it was about CN Real:

Yeah I saw that earlier,now that I think of it Cartoon Network now isn't really good like it was in 2009 I think Nickelodeon is doing slightly better. Craig of the Creek is doing awesome on CN.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:25 pm

Yeah I saw that earlier,now that I think of it Cartoon Network now isn't really good like it was in 2009 I think Nickelodeon is doing slightly better. Craig of the Creek is doing awesome on CN.

I've never heard of this show. I assume that is a new show.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:27 pm

I've never heard of this show. I assume that is a new show.

Yeah it's a new show along with OK KO.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:29 pm

Yeah it's a new show along with OK KO.

I just looked at it.

It looks like a clone of Clarence and Steven Universe. SMH.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:30 pm

I just looked at it.

It looks like a clone of Clarence and Steven Universe. SMH.

It's really not that bad.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:32 pm

It's really not that bad.

I don't really care whether it's good or not. I'm just tired of every cartoon nowadays having the same art style and the majority of them being lighthearted and/or silly.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:34 pm

I don't really care whether it's good or not. I'm just tired of every cartoon nowadays having the same art style and the majority of them being lighthearted and/or silly.

Oh well.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:38 pm

Oh well.

Sorry if I'm sounding repetitive. But it's just how I feel.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 8:43 pm

I feel like most cartoons from my era were lighthearted. That's essentially what I liked about them. I don't know if these new shows are too lighthearted though, haven't seen them.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 8:50 pm

I feel like most cartoons from my era were lighthearted. That's essentially what I liked about them. I don't know if these new shows are too lighthearted though, haven't seen them.

Nah, in the late '90s and early '00s, there was a balance of cartoons.

You had cartoons that were lighthearted and/or silly, cartoons that were serious and action-packed but you also had cartoons that had serious moments and lighthearted and silly moments.

Nowadays, 92% of cartoons are lighthearted and silly. The serious cartoons and the "in the middle" cartoons have been wiped away for the most part.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 8:57 pm

Nah, in the late '90s and early '00s, there was a balance of cartoons.

You had cartoons that were lighthearted and/or silly, cartoons that were serious and action-packed but you also had cartoons that had serious moments and lighthearted and silly moments.

Nowadays, 92% of cartoons are lighthearted and silly. The serious cartoons and the "in the middle" cartoons have been wiped away for the most part.

I gotcha. I'm guessing anime currently has little to no presence in cartoons. Is that one reason why most cartoons seem light hearted?

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 8:58 pm

I gotcha. I'm guessing anime currently has little to no presence in cartoons. Is that one reason why most cartoons seem light hearted?

Um no.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:03 pm

When I say cartoons I'm talking about cartoons from North America primarily.

Also, I don't know the exact reason for the abundance of lighthearted cartoons in recent times.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:03 pm

Um no.

No to what?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 9:04 pm

Um no.

Okay. I was just asking because I do not watch cartoons anymore.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 9:05 pm

No to what?

Not having anime in cartoons isn't the reason why cartoons aren't serious anymore.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:05 pm

I don't watch current cartoons also.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/30/18 at 9:09 pm

This was a while ago but I did see one episode of Adventure Time (I have two nieces) and it did seem very silly to me. However, I don't really have an opinion on it. I've only seen one episode so I won't cast judgement based on limited exposure to the cartoon.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 9:10 pm

I'm 19 and watched Star Wars Rebels up to its' ending that happened recently this year, lol.

That was the only cartoon I watched though and one of only two to maybe four TV shows I've actually watched in the last year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:12 pm

This was a while ago but I did see one episode of Adventure Time (I have two nieces) and it did seem very silly to me. However, I don't really have an opinion on it. I've only seen one episode so I won't cast judgement based on limited exposure to the cartoon.

Adventure Time premiered during my final months in 5th grade and I remember a lot of my friends obsessing over it. I watched a few episodes but it wasn't for me. It was, like you said, too silly and it definitely felt like cartoons were heading in a new direction.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:14 pm

I'm 19 and watched Star Wars Rebels up to its' ending that happened recently this year, lol.

I have watched:

Sym-Bionic Titan (2010-2011)
Young Justice (2010-2013)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012-2017)
Beware the Batman (2013-2014)
Samurai Jack (Season 5, 2017)

That's it.

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 9:15 pm

I can understand why since im a kid,I've watched most of the modern cartoons nowadays. But I never thought about the whole "Too Lighthearted thing"

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/30/18 at 9:19 pm

I have watched:

That's it.

For what you've watched this year or decade?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:26 pm

For what you've watched this year or decade?

This decade.

I have watched a few other cartoons but those are the only cartoons in this decade where I've watched most of or the entirety of it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/31/18 at 10:13 am

I have watched:

That's it.

Selective. Haha You got standard for someone who's growing up the new generation.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 10:52 am

Selective. Haha You got standard for someone who's growing up the new generation.

What does this mean? ???

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/31/18 at 12:04 pm

What does this mean? ???

Its a compliment, dude.

Do you want to switch ages? Because it'd GLADLY take being as young as you again.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 12:34 pm

Its a compliment, dude.

Do you want to switch ages? Because it'd GLADLY take being as young as you again.

I didn't understand what you said, I was asking you to clarify.

Aren't you 25-27? We aren't too separate generation wise, I'm about to be 19. My generation decade was the '00s not now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/31/18 at 12:45 pm

I didn't understand what you said, I was asking you to clarify.

Aren't you 25-27? We aren't too separate generation wise, I'm about to be 19. My generation decade was the '00s not now.

Thank you, man. I needed that.

I'm 27.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/31/18 at 12:58 pm

I'm 27.

C'mon dude, you're not old.  ;D :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 1:01 pm

I'm 27.

You're welcome :P.

Also, in case you didn't know, I'm TheReignMan99.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 1:01 pm

Exactly ;D.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 1:04 pm

Oh hi, ReignMan. I actually thought you were mqg96 for some reason.  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 1:06 pm

Oh hi, ReignMan. I actually thought you were mqg96 for some reason.  :P

Hi NewYorkRaven! :D

What's up bro? How it's been?

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 1:13 pm

Hi NewYorkRaven! :D

What's up bro? How it's been?

Nothing much. I decided to see what InThe00s has gone up to since I've been on hiatus for a while.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 1:22 pm

Nothing much. I decided to see what InThe00s has gone up to since I've been on hiatus for a while.

OK, that's cool. I'm glad that you decided to pop back in.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 1:24 pm

These two videos by Saberspark detail what's wrong with Cartoon Network:

oUwiYrOmAuM

He did an update of the above video...
0T-VG3sB_ps

Written By: Howard on 03/31/18 at 3:10 pm

me neither, I've outgrown them a long time ago.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/18 at 3:11 pm

I used to watch cartoons growing up.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 3:19 pm

Not really concerned with where CN is right now. I'm pretty sure the younger kids are enjoying it now.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 4:02 pm

Not really concerned with where CN is right now. I'm pretty sure the younger kids are enjoying it now.

That's the case for every generation that grew up with cartoons. A lot of people who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s despised what Cartoon Network had went through back then, due to Stuart Snyder as president and the presence of live-action shows. I don't really like Cartoon Network that much because of the oversaturation of TTG reruns, even though I was okay with seeing shows like Goosebumps on CN back then. It used to have variety, but some people could argue against me if they grew up with pre-2005 Cartoon Network.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 4:04 pm

That's the case for every generation that grew up with cartoons. A lot of people who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s despised what Cartoon Network had went through back then, due to Stuart Snyder as president and the presence of live-action shows. I don't really like Cartoon Network that much because of the oversaturation of TTG reruns, even though I was okay with seeing shows like Goosebumps on CN back then. It used to have variety, but some people could argue against me if they grew up with pre-2005 Cartoon Network.

I agree. The 2010's CN doesn't have as much variety as the old CN did.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 5:57 pm

Yeah my cousin watches it,you don't see me feeling bad for him because he didn't get expirience Cartoon Network 5 years ago+

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 5:57 pm

I agree. The 2010's CN doesn't have as much variety as the old CN did.

Early 2010s CN had variety than it did with the current one.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/31/18 at 9:03 pm

I mean, I try not to be. I want almost nothing to do with the Cartoon Network of today still. Haha

I know, dude. Haha I have nothing against you.
Exactly ;D.

Aye, whatever you say.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 9:35 pm

I know, dude. Haha I have nothing against you.

Aye, whatever you say.

It's OK bro.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 11:40 am

I mean, I try not to be. I want almost nothing to do with the Cartoon Network of today still. Haha

I'm 18 and I don't even want anything from modern Cartoon Network. Unless it was Unikitty, but that's about it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 11:58 am

Cartoon Network had an opportunity last year to bring back SWAT Kats (1993-1995) but they didn't and that tells you how modern kids networks feel about action cartoons.

The Tremblay Bros. (creators of SWAT Kats) have made a revival of SWAT Kats called SWAT Kats: Revolution and it's pretty much just like the original but when they pitched it to Cartoon Network, CN rejected them.

It's just so sad to see action cartoons go (mostly) to the wayside. There's not even much cartoons that have both action and silliness like a Codename: Kids Next Door or a Teen Titans :(.

Check for new replies or respond here...