inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ipod Touch or Ipod Nano

Written By: SuperDupper on 04/03/09 at 4:18 pm

Which one do you have your want?

Subject: Re: Ipod Touch or Ipod Nano

Written By: Brian06 on 04/03/09 at 4:25 pm

iPod touch is way better, I'd say it's worth the extra 80$.

Written By: Tia on 04/03/09 at 4:44 pm

i have an ipod touch, i liked it at first but now it just pisses me off and i never use it. mainly because of the itunes interface, which is too proprietary and so over-concerned with copyright enforcement i find it nearly unusable. it's also riddled with glitches. i load things on it and then the system doesn't recognize it, there's an application that's glitchy and every time i fire up the itouch it gives me an irritating message about the application not being able to load. but it won't let me delete it. the 'sync' feature is annoying and redundant. i should be able to just move files into it in explorer, like any other external drive.

i used to like to watch 30 rock, and i would pay for an episode, it would let me watch it once, and then it would disappear from the itouch and i wouldn't be able to load it again, even though i had paid for it. it would be on my itunes but wouldn't go on to the itouch even when i clicked it and hit sync.

i may try and see what i can get for it on ebay. i'm totally dissatisfied with it and would advise anyone considering buying one to reconsider it.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/09 at 4:48 pm

if the only two choices are touch or nano then I say Touch....hands down

Written By: robby76 on 04/03/09 at 7:24 pm

I always make it a point to stay one step behind technology. I have a Nano which I'm happy with - though I wanted a green one and got charcoal black.  >:(  ;)

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/apple-ipod-touch-ipod-nano-video.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 04/03/09 at 7:33 pm

None.  My first generation iPod Mini works just fine, and I'll use it until it explodes.

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/09 at 1:13 am

I didn't want an iPod because I am NOT a fan of Apple Technology, so I got a Sony 2GB Walkman instead.  All I want is to listen to music and it can hold about 800 songs or so.  That's all I need

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/04/09 at 12:39 pm

I have 2nd generation iPod Nano - yes old school and it only has 4G's on it.

I have 1st generation (or actually my husband does) - iPhone with the 8 G's

I have New version of iPhone - with 16 G's

and I have New Generation iPod Classic with 120 G's

It depends what you want to do - music and Video only  (go with Nano - more G's and less $'s - or with the Classic - even more G's less $'s)

If you are going to download apps and want the movable gaming option and the touch screen, and the internet capability go with Touch.....

If you want to add phone for only a few dollars more  go with Phone ::) ::) ::)

Yep I am a gadget geek

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/04/09 at 3:54 pm

I have a two GB iPod shuffle.  Why do I only have this?  Because I like them. :)

Written By: robby76 on 04/04/09 at 8:30 pm

Talking about Apple technology and defects, I have 3 songs on my ipod nano that only play the first few seconds and then skip to the next track (yet on itunes they play fine). I've googled for answers but it just sends you round in circles and the only way round it is to get a new one.  :(

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/09 at 10:16 pm

Talking about Apple technology and defects, I have 3 songs on my ipod nano that only play the first few seconds and then skip to the next track (yet on itunes they play fine). I've googled for answers but it just sends you round in circles and the only way round it is to get a new one.  :(

Hooray for Crapple Technology.  iPods are a cool invention, but I hear alot of stories about defects much like yours.  If only Apple didn't make them :(

Written By: Davester on 04/05/09 at 1:10 am

nano-nano...

Written By: whistledog on 04/05/09 at 1:30 am

nano-nano...

Apple should approach Robin Williams to do ads for that.  What Master Card did for MacGyver, Apple could do for Mork :D

Written By: Tia on 04/05/09 at 1:13 pm

yup, get used to that. it's funny because with the macintosh it was the computer you paid more for to avoid the pitfalls of microsoft, and it's a crappy seller, and i think macs are awesome. on the other hand, the ipod/itunes technology is all glitchy and irrititating and proprietary, and it sells like gangbusters, is pretty much single-handedly going to save apple. so the problem appears to be that consumers are stupid. me included; i own a PC and an ipod, so i went full retard right down the line. and you never wanna do that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/09 at 1:26 pm

Neither!

Written By: SuperDupper on 04/06/09 at 12:25 pm

Neither!

Well what if you can win one like if you become a fan on alientrespass.com you could have a chance to win a ipod touch or a ipod nano

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/09 at 12:29 pm

Well what if you can win one like if you become a fan on alientrespass.com you could have a chance to win a ipod touch or a ipod nano
If I did win would the company still the prize to the UK?

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/09 at 9:20 pm

Here's a photo of my Sony Walkman (actual size shown)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/25/sonymp3.png

I am glad I didn't go for an iPod.  The Sony does all I need!  I have 554 songs on it so far, and still got about 900mb left of space.  That's more than enough for me

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/09 at 9:22 pm

Yeah but I have the first season (the true first season with Meg Foster) of Cagney and Lacey on my iPod!

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/09 at 9:26 pm

Yeah but I have the first season (the true first season with Meg Foster) of Cagney and Lacey on my iPod!

You mean Season zero? :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/09 at 9:27 pm

You mean Season zero? :D

Ha... they only called season two the "real season one" because Barney Rosenzweig is married to Sharon Gless now... so he has to pretend that season didn't exist...it still has some good episodes.

Written By: anabel on 04/06/09 at 10:56 pm

I have a Touch.  I like it, but sometimes you have to really touch HARD! I call it my iPod Punch.  I think it just doesn't like my fingernails.  But I'm not giving them up-they're long and they're staying that way!  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/09 at 6:32 am

Nano...and it works great is is all I really want or need.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/07/09 at 8:10 pm

Still have my Nano....I love it and I hope it will last a long time.  :)

Written By: NbC on 04/08/09 at 5:02 am

I have been drooling for an iPod Touch for a while but 16 gigs doesn't seem like enough space for me.  I will see what happens on the next update. 

Written By: SuperDupper on 04/08/09 at 5:35 pm

I have a Touch.  I like it, but sometimes you have to really touch HARD! I call it my iPod Punch.  I think it just doesn't like my fingernails.  But I'm not giving them up-they're long and they're staying that way!  :)

Haha never heard that one before..

I have been drooling for an iPod Touch for a while but 16 gigs doesn't seem like enough space for me.  I will see what happens on the next update. 

Could get a free one if you win by alientrespass.com

Written By: Tia on 04/08/09 at 5:42 pm

i'm starting to detect an alien agenda

Written By: karen on 04/08/09 at 6:23 pm

Not sure which Ipod is affected but the consumer dude in the Hartford Courant keeps complaining about not being able to replace the battery when it stops recharging.  Apparently you send it to Apple and they send you someone else's reconditioned Ipod.

Written By: NbC on 04/08/09 at 7:50 pm

Not sure which Ipod is affected but the consumer dude in the Hartford Courant keeps complaining about not being able to replace the battery when it stops recharging.  Apparently you send it to Apple and they send you someone else's reconditioned Ipod.

It affects all iPods unfortunately.  There are replacement battery kits available on the net but it does require taking your player apart.  Which I am sure most of us won't bother with or won't even know where to begin. 

I bet Apple feel's that most consumers would have upgraded to the latest model before the battery finally gives up. 

I wonder how the iPod fad started.  I know my daughter won't be caught dead carrying around anything other than an iPod especially at her school. 

Written By: robby76 on 04/08/09 at 8:08 pm

I bet Apple feel's that most consumers would have upgraded to the latest model before the battery finally gives up. 

Sony seems to have the same idea with my VAIO laptop. It's just over 2 years old and now one problem after another.

Written By: NbC on 04/09/09 at 10:55 pm

Sony seems to have the same idea with my VAIO laptop. It's just over 2 years old and now one problem after another.

Sony is not what it used to be anymore in terms of quality.  It is a shame. 

Apple computers are fantastic.  I have had my Macbook pro for a couple years now and haven't had any issues.  Except once with the headphone jack input but that was a quick fix. 

Written By: robby76 on 04/10/09 at 1:02 am

Sony is not what it used to be anymore in terms of quality.  It is a shame.

I wouldn't mind if it was 3 yrs old, but to have 3 serious problems after just 2 years is unacceptable. I paid big bucks for a better model too. Might just go for the bog standard one next time.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/10/09 at 6:07 am

I have an iPod Nano 3G that I had as a 21st birthday present from my parents last year. It has even been engraved with a message for the occasion. My iPod Nano is silver but I put a clear blue plastic cover on it.

Check for new replies or respond here...