inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spinal Tap World Tour - One date only!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/09 at 11:15 am

It's been 25 years since the Spinal Tap movie touched down, and the band is celebrating this milestone with a "world tour" that consists of one date in London.  The concert is going to be a tribute to all their drummers who have passed on. The Folksman from the 2003 folk music parody film "A Mighty Wind" will be opening for them. 

Full story at BBC News

Subject: Re: Spinal Tap World Tour - One date only!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/09 at 7:09 pm

The Taps will be on Keith Olbermann's show tonight!

Written By: Frank on 04/08/09 at 12:45 am

Smell the glove.
Intraveinous di milo

Big Bottoms..talk about mudflaps...
CLASSIC!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/09 at 6:19 pm

Smell the glove.
Intraveinous di milo

Big Bottoms..talk about mudflaps...
CLASSIC!

Shark Sandwich:
Sh*t Sandwich

Written By: Frank on 04/09/09 at 6:45 pm

Shark Sandwich:
Sh*t Sandwich

It has to be one of the best comedy movies ever made, but it really went under the radar when it came out. Real funny stuff.
When i was watching the video (shortly after it's release on video), I nearly passed Coca-cola through my nose when Rob Reiner asked Nigel about the name of that melancholy sad piano tune (Lick my **** ****)
Cracked me up!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/10/09 at 12:23 pm

It has to be one of the best comedy movies ever made, but it really went under the radar when it came out. Real funny stuff.
When i was watching the video (shortly after it's release on video), I nearly passed Coca-cola through my nose when Rob Reiner asked Nigel about the name of that melancholy sad piano tune (Lick my **** ****)
Cracked me up!

When I saw Al Stewart in concert, who is probably as far from the stereotypical rocker depicted in the movie, he made several references to the movie.  I even picked up a DVD of one of his concerts from a few years earlier, and pretty much more of that as well.  It's also really amazing how much the references have percolated into alot of other things.  The 11 volume setting being the most obvious example.

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/09 at 7:47 pm

The Folksman from the 2003 folk music parody film "A Mighty Wind" will be opening for them. 
Full story at BBC News

Now that's awesome!

I loved A Mighty Wind.  That song "Old Joe's Place" they sang was awesome.  I had hoped it would do what "I'm A Man of Constant Sorrow" did for "O Brother Where Art Thou?", but I don't think it ever became a single.  Shame.  Whenever that collective of actors gets together to do a movie spoof of music, it's golden 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...