inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Forbes most livable cities 2009 - hey, my city is in the top ten, weird...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/08/09 at 3:24 pm

Forbes List

Worcester, MA at #9 kind of blows my mind.  People have such a "not-Boston" mentality in the region that they tend to view the area in kind of a negative light.

3 metro areas in Massachusetts alone...

Subject: Re: Forbes most livable cities 2009 - hey, my city is in the top ten, weird...

Written By: Tia on 04/08/09 at 3:43 pm

i've visited pittsburgh a few times and found it quite nice. reputation for being a sooty steel town but it's actually beautiful and well designed. squirrel hill is very cool.

i'm throwing down a penalty flag on listing bethesda. that's a suburb of our very own washington d.c.. it's not bad, but i actually think alexandria is much nicer if we're gonna be calling suburbs independent cities. they appear to base it on indexes though so i guess it's not a judgment call.

two cities in oklahoma. i did NOT see that coming. however, i had heard before that des moines is all up and coming. good on des moines, they're going for the win out there.

i call no way portland is number one. too damn cold. plus maine gives us things like this.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/teabagfax.jpg

therefore maine should be given to canada free of charge. you're welcome, canada, hope you have better luck with it than we did.

Subject: Re: Forbes most livable cities 2009 - hey, my city is in the top ten, weird...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/09 at 4:20 pm

I'm surprised Burlington is not on the list. It is usually on a several lists for the most livable city.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/08/09 at 5:11 pm

Yep, my Picksburgh made the list!  8) :)

Check for new replies or respond here...