inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Asher Roth... the next Eminem?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/08/09 at 5:04 pm

I have been listening to Asher's release rap "I Love College".  Pretty cool.  8)

Could he be the next Great White Hope of rap? ???

Subject: Re: Asher Roth... the next Eminem?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/08/09 at 7:27 pm

He sounds so much like Eminem!

But there's something about him that's so much of a wannabe!

The song has an old school edge. It's kind of cool.

Written By: 90steen on 04/08/09 at 8:56 pm

He sounds like Eminem, but he's probably an eminem follower. I like I Love College as well. However, I wish it would've been released sometime between the years of 1998 - 2002, when I really was in college because I would've had more appreciation for it.

Eminem made his comeback this year with "Crack A Bottle" and some other new song I heard driving to work this morning.

Written By: Jessica on 04/08/09 at 11:25 pm

Eminem made his comeback this year with "Crack A Bottle" and some other new song I heard driving to work this morning.

It's called "We Made You".  The song is okay, but the video made me snicker.

Haven't heard of this Asher Roth person.  I only have enough room in my heart for one white wannabe gangsta rapper at a time. ;D

Written By: tv on 04/09/09 at 9:02 am

It's called "We Made You".  The song is okay, but the video made me snicker.

Haven't heard of this Asher Roth person.  I only have enough room in my heart for one white wannabe gangsta rapper at a time. ;D
Gangsta Rap or rapper seems such like an "umbrella term" these days. No, Eminem is not a gangsta rapper neither is Asher Roth.

Written By: tv on 04/09/09 at 9:04 am

He sounds so much like Eminem!

But there's something about him that's so much of a wannabe!

The song has an old school edge. It's kind of cool.
Lyrically the song sounds more like old school Beastie Boys.

Written By: Jessica on 04/09/09 at 9:31 am

Gangsta Rap or rapper seems such like an "umbrella term" these days. No, Eminem is not a gangsta rapper neither is Asher Roth.

That is why I said, "WANNABE".

Written By: Stompgal on 04/09/09 at 9:55 am

I've heard that Asher Roth song 'I Love College' a few times already and it's beginning to grow on me now. There is one part of the song I don't agree with: "When it comes to condoms, put two on" because people are only supposed to wear one at a time when having safe sex.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/09 at 6:51 pm

I've heard that Asher Roth song 'I Love College' a few times already and it's beginning to grow on me now. There is one part of the song I don't agree with: "When it comes to condoms, put two on" because people are only supposed to wear one at a time when having safe sex.

Asher wants to be EXTRA safe.

Check for new replies or respond here...