inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The early '00s are now retro?

Written By: J&J O'Sullivan on 04/10/09 at 2:00 pm

To me the early part of the current decade now seems a bit old-fashioned. I mean like 2000-2003 was a different time. However, despite nowadays rap is not so popular (thank God!) as it was back than I miss that time.
It's just that my life was better in the early 2000s (well, except the end of 2002...) I really miss 2003-2004 and I miss 2000-2001 (but not 2002) even more. Despite personal struggles in 2002, it was good in terms of pop culture according to my taste. I think that time was the time the last 90s trends finally disappeared. Do you agree? I think that the post-2005 part of the decade is suckage. I detest 2005-2009. I hope thtat the 2010s will bring light to my life and happyness to me at last. Most cars that were popular in the 2000-2003 timeframe are now not produced or have been heavily restiled (facelifted) in 2005-2009. There were also many new models revealed after 2004. I think that todays'cars are all the same in appearance. I also think that music and general trends now are lacking individuality; they are uncool. The cool factor of the post-2005 trends is lacking. I mean - every daced especially from the 50s to the early 00s had a cool factor about itself. The only good thing is that Obama got elected. But I think that the effect of his presidency over the pop culture will not be really felt before 2010 or the end of 2009. I think the 2010s trends will start to appear during the second part of 2009.

Subject: Re: The early '00s are now retro?

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/09 at 2:38 pm

blah blah blah blah blah decadeology blah suck topic blah blah blah.

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/09 at 3:44 pm

I think the 2010s trends will start to appear during the second part of 2009.

OH YEAH !?!?!?????  WELL ...

I gotta go take a poop

Written By: 80sfan on 04/10/09 at 4:16 pm

blah blah blah blah blah decadeology blah suck topic blah blah blah.

Is it that time of the month yet?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/10/09 at 4:18 pm

To me the early part of the current decade now seems a bit old-fashioned. I mean like 2000-2003 was a different time. However, despite nowadays rap is not so popular (thank God!) as it was back than I miss that time.
It's just that my life was better in the early 2000s (well, except the end of 2002...) I really miss 2003-2004 and I miss 2000-2001 (but not 2002) even more. Despite personal struggles in 2002, it was good in terms of pop culture according to my taste. I think that time was the time the last 90s trends finally disappeared. Do you agree? I think that the post-2005 part of the decade is suckage. I detest 2005-2009. I hope thtat the 2010s will bring light to my life and happyness to me at last. Most cars that were popular in the 2000-2003 timeframe are now not produced or have been heavily restiled (facelifted) in 2005-2009. There were also many new models revealed after 2004. I think that todays'cars are all the same in appearance. I also think that music and general trends now are lacking individuality; they are uncool. The cool factor of the post-2005 trends is lacking. I mean - every daced especially from the 50s to the early 00s had a cool factor about itself. The only good thing is that Obama got elected. But I think that the effect of his presidency over the pop culture will not be really felt before 2010 or the end of 2009. I think the 2010s trends will start to appear during the second part of 2009.

Don't listen to some people's comments.

Your topic is not decadeology and I don't think it's dumb. But I gotta agree with people that boards like these are overdone.

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/09 at 4:25 pm

Is it that time of the month yet?

Actually, no it's not, but I'll be sure to let you know when Aunt Flo shows up.

My original comment still stands.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/09 at 5:16 pm

What is the offical defition for retro?

Written By: anabel on 04/10/09 at 5:19 pm

Retro:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Retro (disambiguation).

Retro is a term used to describe, denote or classify culturally outdated or aged trends, modes, or fashions, from the overall postmodern past, but have since that time become functionally or superficially the norm once again. The use of "retro" style iconography and imagery interjected into post-modern art, advertising, mass media, etc. has occurred from around the time of the industrial revolution to present day.

That's kind of official.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/09 at 5:20 pm

Retro:

Retro is a term used to describe, denote or classify culturally outdated or aged trends, modes, or fashions, from the overall postmodern past, but have since that time become functionally or superficially the norm once again. The use of "retro" style iconography and imagery interjected into post-modern art, advertising, mass media, etc. has occurred from around the time of the industrial revolution to present day.

Do you always trust wiki?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/09 at 5:21 pm

Retro:

How long is it before anything is outdated?

Written By: joeman on 04/10/09 at 6:00 pm

I kind of miss 2002-before.  I know a lot music was crap then imo, but being a teenager and whatever year regardless of what you think of it now, you still have that connection to it.  To be honest, if there was an early 2000 revival a decade or two away, I will probably welcome such as I would welcome a nu-metal band reunion.

Written By: anabel on 04/10/09 at 6:16 pm

Do you always trust wiki?

Well, not always....can you really trust anything always?  ;)  How about this definition?

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/retro  (Online and FREE!)
ret·ro (rtr)
adj.

Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: "As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point" New York Times.
n. pl. ret·ros
A fashion, decor, design, or style reminiscent of things past.

or

retro (re′trō)
adjective

designating, of, or suggesting a style of an earlier time that has been revived: said of clothing, hairstyles, etc.

I got that one from www.yourdictionary.com/retro

HEY!!!!  Wait a minute!!!!  They all say the same thing!!!!!  Ok, I trust Wiki.  :) ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/09 at 10:24 pm

oh cmon dude, you're a decadeologist too. i've seen some of your posts. very DECADEOLOGY. lol

Go away.

Check for new replies or respond here...