inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phil Spector... found guilty of murder!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/09 at 5:36 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090413/ts_nm/us_spector

Subject: Re: Phil Spector... found guilty of murder!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/13/09 at 6:24 pm

I woulda sent him to jail simply for his crappy hair styles.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/13/09 at 7:28 pm

I woulda sent him to jail simply for his crappy hair styles.   ;D

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/InfernoRed_2006/Spector.jpg

Written By: Tia on 04/13/09 at 7:32 pm

holy crap i thought this said arlen specter. i was like, they finally blew the lid off the magic-bullet theory!  :o

phil rates a big no sheesh. i figured he probably killed SOMEbody.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/13/09 at 7:36 pm

Note that in that picture, one third of his mutated scrotum chin is actually SO saggy that it is resting slumped over his top button.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/13/09 at 7:39 pm

Well it's about time. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/13/09 at 7:54 pm

Man, he could be a spokesperson for Aquanet!  ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/13/09 at 8:43 pm

I knew he did it. 
::)

The defense said Lana Clarkson was depressed and despondent over her career so she committed suicide....

However, she had just gotten a part in a movie...and the very day Philth Spector murdered her she bought a new pair of shoes.

People on the verge of suicide generally don't go shoe shopping. 

What's more is people who commit suicide don't do it in the entryway of a stranger's house. 

Philth came running out with bloody hands and told his chauffeur, "I think I just killed I just killed somebody!"

The defense tried to cast doubt citing Mr. De Souza's Brazilian nationality and that he don'ta speaka de English too good, so maybe he don'ta know what Philth say!

The chauffeur testified in fluent English with only a trace of an accent.

Furthermore, Philth was notorious for his abuse and imprisonment of his wife Ronnie Spector.  He was also infamous for his carrying firearms, threatening people with firearms, and discharging firearms for the purpose of intimidation, such as when he shot holes in the studio ceiling during the Beatles "Let it Be" sessions. 

What is known only to Philth and the late Lana Clarkson is whether he meant to kill Clarkson.  My guess is Clarkson had second thoughts about hanging out with Philth and asked Philth to let her get a lift home with the chauffeur.  Philth is a guy who can't stand the idea of a woman leaving him as evidenced by his walling up his wife, so to speak, in the mansion for five years.  So Clarkson wants to go home, and Philth says, "On no you don't!"  He either decided to shoot her dead on the spot or he merely meant to brandish the weapon to scare her.
In the latter case, Philth would still be guilty of first-degree manslaughter (?), but I'm just fine with the finding of second-degree murder. 

Philth is a genius record producer and a damned good orchestrator.  I'll always enjoy his music.  However, he's a total narcissist, crazy as a bedbug, and a mean little f*cker to boot.  He's the one who needed to be locked up, not Ronnie!

He'll get at least fifteen years, probably more.  He's 69 and most likely will die in the hoosegow.

So bye bye Philth, don't drop the soap!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/countdown.gif

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/09 at 8:51 pm

Well it's about time. 

My thoughts exactly

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/09 at 3:03 am

It has been reported that Phil Spector has had a fascination with weapons since the early 1970's, once he threaten Leonard Cohen with a Cross Bow.

Written By: Gis on 04/14/09 at 3:09 am

freak-tastic hair! The picture in the paper this morning showed him wearing the most ridiculous wig you have ever seen!  ::)

What a horrible man, glad he got what he deserved.

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/14/09 at 12:41 pm

He should face prison time by fudgeing-up "Let it Be"...The album that is!

Written By: Paul on 04/14/09 at 2:12 pm

Philth is a genius record producer and a damned good orchestrator.  I'll always enjoy his music.  However, he's a total narcissist, crazy as a bedbug, and a mean little f*cker to boot.

My sentiments entirely...

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/09 at 5:36 pm

It has been reported that Phil Spector has had a fascination with weapons since the early 1970's, once he threaten Leonard Cohen with a Cross Bow.

Well, everybody DOES have a good side...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/09 at 7:59 pm

Well, everybody DOES have a good side...

Hey, that's no way to say goodbye!
:o

Written By: 80sfan on 04/14/09 at 9:17 pm

He's so genius that he's crazy!  :D

Written By: anabel on 04/14/09 at 10:08 pm

Note that in that picture, one third of his mutated scrotum chin is actually SO saggy that it is resting slumped over his top button.

Ewwwwwww...it's true!  I feel silly because with all the other awful things happening in this world, I didn't even realize they had a second trial for this!  I thought when it was a Hung Jury that it was over.  I always appreciate seeing justice served-even if I'm not looking.

Written By: Gis on 04/15/09 at 3:02 am

Hey, that's no way to say goodbye!
:o
You must admit it's a tempting way for certain people!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...