inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 00's were the worse years of my life!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/13/09 at 11:12 pm

For personal reasons I will not tell you why the 00's sucked so much for me, but I will tell you that this was the worse decade of my life and from what I see, the 2010's will be alot better.

2000 to 2002 was okay for me, actually it was normal.

2003 was bad.

And 2004 to 2008 was even worse.

2009 is the first okay year I've had in a long time!

So 2003 to 2008 era for me was the worse years of my life.

What was the worse years for you (in any decade)? You don't have to tell me your personal reasons.

What was your best year personally? Mine was 1996-1998.

Subject: Re: The 00's were the worse years of my life!

Written By: Davester on 04/14/09 at 1:32 am

Silly topic, this... :P

1974 = Boo!
  1977 = Yay! 
  1979 = Yay!
  1980 = Boo!
  1983 = Yay!
  1984 = Yay!
  1985 = Yay!
  1986 = Boo!
  1987 = Boo!
  1988 = Yay!
  1989 = Boo!
  1990 = Yay!
  1991 = Yay!
  1992 = Boo!
  1993 = Boo!
  1994 = Yay!
  1995 = Yay!
  1996 = Yay!
  1997 = Yay!
  1998 = Yay!
  1999 = Boo!
  2000 = Boo!
  2001 = Boo!

Written By: Frank on 04/14/09 at 1:41 am

2008 & 2009 are the worst years for me.

Written By: 90steen on 04/14/09 at 3:21 am

Best years for me of the 80's are 1983, 1987, 1988, and 1989.
In the 90's, 1995, 1996, and partially 1997. Best 2 and a half years of my whole life.
In the 2000's, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2008, and so far 2009.

Bad years...
In the 80's 1981 and 1982, although I don't personally remember the struggles.
In the 90's, 1993 and 1994.
In the 2000's, 2000 - 2002 also account for bad as well as good. 2006 and 2007 were also bad.

Written By: joeman on 04/14/09 at 11:56 am

Best years of my life:

80's:  1989 by default lol
90's:  1991, 1996, 1998
00's:  2000, 2001, 2002, 2003(first half)

The rest of the 00s sucked big time

Written By: Tia on 04/14/09 at 12:00 pm

yes the 00s blowz. new years 1999 was frickin' cool though. i almost died.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/14/09 at 12:02 pm

:-\\  That's not cool.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/14/09 at 12:04 pm

Not to be an ass or anything...but if nobody gives their personal reasons, then it's not really that interesting.  I want details people!

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/14/09 at 12:25 pm

I agree.

2001 was the only exception.

We have 2009 and 2010 to get through now.

Written By: Davester on 04/14/09 at 2:08 pm

Not to be an ass or anything...but if nobody gives their personal reasons, then it's not really that interesting.  I want details people!

I was going to suggest that...

Decades people are s-o-o-o nosey..!

*humph*

Lucky duck.  I never almost died... >:(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/14/09 at 2:55 pm

I was going to suggest that...

Decades people are s-o-o-o nosey..!

*humph*

Lucky duck.  I never almost died... >:(

;D ;D ;D

I love you Davester.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/14/09 at 5:49 pm

Okay, in 2003, my god-father died of cancer. I was very close to him!
2005- I figured out someone in my family had a mental illness.
2007- I broke up a friendship with some guy who turned out to be an a**! He was jealous that my family was richer than him and we're not even that rich!

Written By: whistledog on 04/14/09 at 6:14 pm

August 1, 2004 wasn't bad. The rest of the decade blew like a desperate hooker

Written By: anabel on 04/14/09 at 10:10 pm

My son was born on July 5, 2000, so I have to say the 00's have been good so far!!!  I mean, I'm doing this thing on my own with no child support, but that just means I get to take ALL the credit for my kid being so damned awesome!!!!!  ;)

Written By: Davester on 04/15/09 at 4:20 am

;D ;D ;D

I love you Davester.

Backatcha with a box of chocolates... :)

I'm tempted to ask Tia about his brush with the reaper, but I'm not sure if he's kidding...

Tia..?

Written By: Tia on 04/15/09 at 6:28 am

Backatcha with a box of chocolates... :)

I'm tempted to ask Tia about his brush with the reaper, but I'm not sure if he's kidding...

Tia..?
half kidding. i'd gotten separated from my friends, i was totally drunk, and i'd been trying to carry a beer around under my coat, so as a consequence i had beer all over myself and it was freezing cold, like 20 degrees. and i couldn't find a place to get out of the cold. i was thinking of hopping on a bus going to delaware and hoping no one would notice me. but then a friend of mine just happened to drive by and recognize me and gave me a ride back to the house. 8)

Written By: Davester on 04/15/09 at 7:26 am

half kidding. i'd gotten separated from my friends, i was totally drunk, and i'd been trying to carry a beer around under my coat, so as a consequence i had beer all over myself and it was freezing cold, like 20 degrees. and i couldn't find a place to get out of the cold. i was thinking of hopping on a bus going to delaware and hoping no one would notice me. but then a friend of mine just happened to drive by and recognize me and gave me a ride back to the house. 8)

What a picture you must've been.  Sounds like a mess I was in in Virginia Beach.  Blitzed from some party and found myself walking the streets with a box of donuts tucked under my arm...

Actually that reminds me of one of the reasons 1989 rated a big, fat "Boo!".  Only time I've ever spooned with a guy...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/15/09 at 10:03 am

Okay, in 2003, my god-father died of cancer. I was very close to him!
2005- I figured out someone in my family had a mental illness.
2007- I broke up a friendship with some guy who turned out to be an a**! He was jealous that my family was richer than him and we're not even that rich!

Much more interesting.  And now I can tell you that I'm sorry that those unfortunate things happened to you and we can sort of bond.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/15/09 at 10:04 am

Ok, not to be an ass or anything...but how is that a near death experience?  That sounds more like a "drunken dumbassery" experience.   ;) :-*

What a picture you must've been.  Sounds like a mess I was in in Virginia Beach.  Blitzed from some party and found myself walking the streets with a box of donuts tucked under my arm...

Actually that reminds me of one of the reasons 1989 rated a big, fat "Boo!".  Only time I've ever spooned with a guy...

Donuts.  Smart.  You must have been a boy scout. 

I wanna hear the spooning story!!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 04/15/09 at 10:06 am

Ok, not to be an ass or anything...but how is that a near death experience?  That sounds more like a "you're a dumbass" experience.   ;) :-*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/15/09 at 10:07 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

Yeah yeah yeah...you would have found shelter eventually.  No need to be such a drama queen about it. 

Written By: KKay on 04/15/09 at 10:11 am

There is no doubt the 00s were and are the worst years of my life. 

And it just keeps getting worse.

Written By: Brian06 on 04/15/09 at 10:38 am

The '00s have definitely been trying times. We started the millennium with much optimism which faded with the dot com bust shortly afterward and came to a grinding halt on September 11, 2001 and we are ending this first decade of a new century in the midst of a serious economic crisis. I don't think it's the worst of times but coming off the prosperous 1990s it hit like a ton of bricks to a lot of people.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/09 at 10:46 am

The entire 80s totally sucked for me-why? Because I was married to an asshole. 1988 was the WORSE year of my life. I don't want to go into details because it is just too painful (sorry Ash).
The second worse year of my life was 2008. I don't think I really need to say why because I'm sure most people here already know.

Good years were from 1998-now (even though I have had a bad year last year). But the BEST year was 2003. That was the year I married my best friend.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Tia on 04/15/09 at 10:56 am

yeah, whatever happened in our personal lives, the 00s have definitely been the worst period in recent memory, although the 30s and world war ii definitely were worse (so far), and probably the vietnam era leading into the 70s economic slump. funny how wars and economic downturns go together.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/09 at 12:15 pm

Much more interesting.  And now I can tell you that I'm sorry that those unfortunate things happened to you and we can sort of bond.

Thanks. Anything like those happened to you in your life? Even if my life was normal during the 00's, the pop culture during this decade was dreadful! My God, rap?!

Also, I finally found someone on here who had a negative experience with the 80's! You know, the woman who said that 1988 was the worse of her life, I meant CatwomanofV of course!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/09 at 12:18 pm

The entire 80s totally sucked for me-why? Because I was married to an asshole. 1988 was the WORSE year of my life. I don't want to go into details because it is just too painful (sorry Ash).
The second worse year of my life was 2008. I don't think I really need to say why because I'm sure most people here already know.

Good years were from 1998-now (even though I have had a bad year last year). But the BEST year was 2003. That was the year I married my best friend.  ;D

Cat

I'm guessing you don't care for the 80's that much? Lol.

I guess the 00's is what the 80's was for you. It sucked!

Written By: Tia on 04/15/09 at 12:20 pm

rap is just like any other genre of music, some of it is good, some of it is bad.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/09 at 12:20 pm

Oh, sorry I meant my 00's is what the 80's was for you.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/09 at 12:23 pm

rap is just like any other genre of music, some of it is good, some of it is bad.

Yeah you're exactly right, but 00's rap is nothing like rap from the 1986-1995.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/09 at 12:49 pm

I do like 80s music-but I am glad that those years are over with.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/15/09 at 12:54 pm

Thanks. Anything like those happened to you in your life? Even if my life was normal during the 00's, the pop culture during this decade was dreadful! My God, rap?!

Well, I think I look at things a little differently than you do.

I have had a lot of bad things happen in my life...but a lot of good too.

In some ways I guess you could say this has been the best and the worst decade of my life.  But then, as I look back on every decade of my life, they've all been that way.

In the 90's I went through middle school and high school.  Some of the best and worst times combined.  In the late 90's I became pretty seriously addicted to meth.  That would be a bad time.  I had two really good friends die as a result of their addictions and I nearly lost my life too.  It was really horrible.  But then in 97 I went to rehab and was able to kick it.  I would say that would be a good thing.  I also moved to a new state where I didn't know anyone and was totally on my own.  I was living with my boyfriend who was a raging alcoholic.  He couldn't keep a job to save his life.  A scary thing, but it was both bad and good.  We didn't have any money and pretty much lived on Ramen.  It was one of the worst times in my life, but it made me a really strong person.  After 4 years I finally got out of that relationship and realized that I can do whatever I have to, no matter what.  I was forced to make it on my own, and I did.  I found a job I loved and a cute little apartment, and I thrived.

The 2000's have been good and bad too.  Obviously September 11 sucked.  I have had several special people in my life pass away.  My great uncle, who was like my grandfather, died in 2003, and my dad's best friend, who I was really close to, died in 2004.  In January of 2005, I got married.  Probably the best thing to ever happen to me.  Three months later, my mom died.  Definitely the worst thing that's ever happened in my life.  In the past couple of years, I've been able to pull myself back together as well as I can.  It's been hard - my mom was my best friend.  Since then, I've done a lot of traveling.  My husband and I bought our first house.  I couldn't be happier about Barack Obama's election.  Those are good things.

The way I look at it, life is full of ups and downs.  You can't judge an entire decade by the one or two bad or good things that happen in it.  You have to take things as they come.  One thing I've learned, is that life will never be easy.  It will never be simple, and that bad things will ALWAYS happen.  You have to learn to make the best out of what you have and enjoy every single day the very best way you can.  It's the only way to get through life with any sort of degree of sanity.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/09 at 1:24 pm

Well, I think I look at things a little differently than you do.

I have had a lot of bad things happen in my life...but a lot of good too.

In some ways I guess you could say this has been the best and the worst decade of my life.  But then, as I look back on every decade of my life, they've all been that way.

In the 90's I went through middle school and high school.  Some of the best and worst times combined.  In the late 90's I became pretty seriously addicted to meth.  That would be a bad time.  I had two really good friends die as a result of their addictions and I nearly lost my life too.  It was really horrible.  But then in 97 I went to rehab and was able to kick it.  I would say that would be a good thing.  I also moved to a new state where I didn't know anyone and was totally on my own.  I was living with my boyfriend who was a raging alcoholic.  He couldn't keep a job to save his life.  A scary thing, but it was both bad and good.  We didn't have any money and pretty much lived on Ramen.  It was one of the worst times in my life, but it made me a really strong person.  After 4 years I finally got out of that relationship and realized that I can do whatever I have to, no matter what.  I was forced to make it on my own, and I did.  I found a job I loved and a cute little apartment, and I thrived.

The 2000's have been good and bad too.  Obviously September 11 sucked.  I have had several special people in my life pass away.  My great uncle, who was like my grandfather, died in 2003, and my dad's best friend, who I was really close to, died in 2004.  In January of 2005, I got married.  Probably the best thing to ever happen to me.  Three months later, my mom died.  Definitely the worst thing that's ever happened in my life.  In the past couple of years, I've been able to pull myself back together as well as I can.  It's been hard - my mom was my best friend.  Since then, I've done a lot of traveling.  My husband and I bought our first house.  I couldn't be happier about Barack Obama's election.  Those are good things.

The way I look at it, life is full of ups and downs.  You can't judge an entire decade by the one or two bad or good things that happen in it.  You have to take things as they come.  One thing I've learned, is that life will never be easy.  It will never be simple, and that bad things will ALWAYS happen.  You have to learn to make the best out of what you have and enjoy every single day the very best way you can.  It's the only way to get through life with any sort of degree of sanity.

You know those bad things I listed? Well, those are just the surface of those things, I didn't really go that into detail!

And also they were only a few of the bad things that happened in my life.

Yeah, but you're right, you have to grow up and realize that life isn't ever one straight happy line and there's good and bad in everything.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/15/09 at 7:02 pm

The best, the worst. Life as usual. More than anything hope to reach the 10's 8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/16/09 at 3:36 pm

I'll give you the skinny for my decade....

01-Greatest time of my life...next to 1996. If it wasn't for 9/11 things would've been smoother.
02-Sucked, but some parts were memorable. It sucked because I had to take care of four kids which vowed to me to never have kids, but I got my first real job at the time.
03-Better than 02 and I went to College. I also trained to get my Drivers License.
04-It only sucked because my parents seperated. Not only that, but my mom's dad died (which was my grandpa), not only that but I had no job at the time.
05-If you exclude January-the first week of May, it was okay. Living with my father at the time was a drag.
06-Sucked even more than 02. I quit my job, quit with my first lover (and I never had another one since), and even quit some classes.
07-Worst...Year...Ever! I was in the hospital, my grandfather (my dad's dad) died, my brother lost his fiance, and I couldn't find another job at that time.
08-Better, but not by much. It was only better because a play that I wrote was performed twice, I graduated from school, and I finally got a job.
09-Looks like another bad year and it might be worse than 07. Why? My parents 'borrowed' a lot of money from me and I can't find a second job so I can buy a car. :(

Written By: scottyb on 04/16/09 at 4:28 pm

heres my time line

2000 sucked epically during the summer cause it was rainy and cold
most of 2001 was pretty good for me
2002 decent year
2003-to June 2006 sucked cause i spent 3 years trying to get out of this school that i was in and they wouldn't let me leave and yeah lots of fighingting and lots of drama there
2007 ok year
2008 this was a good yea for me i finally got a car i finally got some new friends
2009 so far so good epically now that I'm turning 21 in a few more days  ;D I'm also seeing a change in music as well this year well It started in 2008 but lets just say theres some decent stuff comming out now something i haven't seen since the early 00's

cant really say anything about the 90's mostly because i was a kid though out that time if in had to pick a sucky year from that time it would be 1996 let just say i lost a close family ,member that year but the rest of the 90's was pretty good epically 1998 and 1999  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/16/09 at 5:21 pm

For personal reasons I will not tell you why the 00's sucked so much for me, but I will tell you that this was the worse decade of my life

2003 was bad.

And 2004 to 2008 was even worse.

So 2003 to 2008 era for me was the worse years of my life.

wow, that's messed up.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/16/09 at 7:43 pm

This decade has been OK for me personally - not really all that great, but not really terrible, either. I've had my ups and downs throughout the years.

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 10:53 pm

wow, that's messed up.

Sorry man, but this made me laugh my ass off. ;D

My 2000s:

2000: Twas okay.
2001: Sucketh.  9/11, lost my grandfather.
2002: Twas okay a bit.  Lost my uncle, gained a love, lost some weight.
2003: Totally rockin'.  Was at my lowest weight, and was a big skank whore.  Finally settled down with the Cube.
2004: Most excellent.  Got fired from my crap assed job, got knocked up, got married.
2005: Ups and downs.  Best part was giving birth to the demon seed.  Worst part was having to figure out how we would pay for everything.
2006: Upheaval big time.  Moved across the country.  Learned to hate winter.
2007: Sort of bland, but not all bad.  Got a newer place to live, gained a ratdog.
2008: Same as 2007, with a major exception at the end of it.  Went batsh*t crazy in September, lost my grandmother in December, had to make a mad dash back to California for the memorial.
2009: Seems to be starting out okay.  Had to adjust my meds, started seeing a psychologist, realizing that I need to motivate myself to be less of a sloth.

The End.

Written By: DuncanMcA on 04/17/09 at 10:15 am

In the style of Chewin the Fat (early 00s Scottish comedy, wikipedia it!)

2000 - Wank
2001 - Good guy
2002 - Wank
2003 - Good guy
2004 - Mixture
2005 - Good guy
2006 - Good guy
2007 - Good guy
Early 2008 - Good guy
Late 08 - Wank
2009 - OK

2000 - times when I was very lonely at school and I often got sick before school with the worry of being left friendless and also the workload   :\'(
2001 - good year overall, forged new friendships, picked my subjects for 3rd year at high school and was into the nu-metal craze. Also was introduced to Dre's 2001 (appropriately enough, in 2001!)
2002 - friendships started to peter out again, didn't enjoy the music as much. Nice holiday to England to watch a Test cricket match for the first time. Started a long-distance relationship online
2003 - year of my first exams, was happy with the results. The summer was amazing.
2004 - broke my arm in the July, that sucked. School-wise, post-June was the beginning of my final year. It was amazing because I socialised a lot more and just felt more confident in general. And less work :) Met my long-distance gf for the first time
2005 - best year of my life. Met my long-distance gf properly for the first time ;) Sister had a baby girl making me Uncle Duncan! Left school with reasonable exam results, decided I wanted to carry out home studying at university level. Carried out a work placement at the local council from November to April 06 which I enjoyed and also did some voluntary work. England cricket team won the Ashes. There's very little I can fault about this year apart from breaking my leg at the end of November (as you may have guessed by now, I have a condition called brittle bones, this also affected me at school and the opportunities for independence, socialising etc.)
2006 - started studying long-distance. Amazing summer, hottest July on record. Broke-up with gf, probably for the best, still good friends. Year just had a pretty good vibe overall.
2007 - bit of a 'meh' year personally, but nothing really bad about it either.
2008 - Two nice holidays  - one to France and the other to Manchester to see my team Rangers in the UEFA Cup Final. Lost it but still a great atmosphere and a day I'll never forget. Although I had a close call, I almost got caught up in a fight that happened in a pub just 30 seconds after I left. As you can imagine, having brittle bones and getting stuck in the middle of a fight in a bar is not something you want to do. Passed my exams. Got into the 90s band Blur. The post-October part of the year was quite stressful but Obama winning was a nice distraction.
2009 - Pretty good so far and improving :)

So it's actually a better decade than I thought, taking each year individually. Culturally it has been very barren though, hope for better in the 10s!

Written By: Midas on 04/18/09 at 9:12 am

2003: Totally rockin'.  Was at my lowest weight, and was a big skank whore.  Finally settled down with the Cube.

Hey!  That's when... :D

Lessee:

2000:  'twas okay, I longed to get back to Phoenix
2001:  Not great.  9/11 and had some issues at work.  Only good thing I remember was my Western Carribean Cruise and all the drinking associated with that.
2002:  The only good thing I remember was my 30th birthday in NYC and going to California in the summer
2003:  Started out bad; I separated from my wife, but then I finally moved back to Phoenix.  It was rough at first, had to cash in my 401(k) to survive then finally got a contracting job that lasted until June '04.  Started my mixshow on Renegade Retro; all pre-recorded
2004:  Overall not great until the 2nd half of the year.  Had some internet drama that didn't have to happen.  Was out of work for 4 months until I got a contracting position at my current employer.  New Year's Eve 2004 I began doing my mixshow LIVE on the air.
2005:  Pretty good; I got hired permanently by my current employer.  Mixshow was in full swing live.  Created a once a month-one off techno mixshow called Lemon Orgy, the title based on some DJ smiley :D  Began spinning 90's all November long.
2006:  Some good and some bad.  I went to Chicago for good family stuff.  More intarwebz drama. :P  I dropped Lemon Orgy for a show called FUSION which mixed electronica, new wave, alternative and brit-pop from the 80's to current.
2007:  Struggled a little to live all by myself without roomates.  My stepsister moved in briefly over the summer.  Met my fiancĂ© after Thanksgiving.
2008:  Good.  Moved in with my fiancĂ© as she owns a house.  Unfortunately it's in Maricopa, 30 miles south of Phoenix.  Long commute to work. :P  I proposed to her on her birthday. :)
2009:  So far so good.  FUSION was nixed but I'm still spinnin' Retro Dance Party 2-3 times a month, work is going well, saving money for mah weddin in December  8)

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/18/09 at 8:51 pm

Here is my summary of the 00's:

2000 - Very good year. Last of the "90's feel" as it was the last Clinton year, and pre-9/11.
2001 - Downhill year that didn't live up to 2000, and the events of that September made it worse.
2002 - Overall depressing year. The first half was still feeling the aftermath of 9/11, and the pop-culture was bland and depressing.
2003 - Slightly better than 2002, but still depressing. I was also feeling bitter and frustrated a lot. Also the Iraq War started and there was a lot of pro-Bush mentality.
2004 - First good year since 2000. There was a feeling of hope and optimism, which got crushed when Bush got re-elected. Would have still been a crappy year if it was in the 90's, but after living through 2001-2003 it felt pretty good by comparison.
2005 - Fun and exciting year, both in pop-culture and my personal life. I remember going to the movies a lot, especially excited for Star Wars Ep. III and Batman Begins. TV also started to get good again.
2006 - Overall crappy year. The music was bland and annoying, movies weren't as good, and I was not happy with where I was working, mainly because of my co-workers.
2007 - Slightly better than 2006, but that's not saying much. But I did get married that year.
2008 - Great year. Moved to Japan and been living here since. Also was the light at the end of the tunnel of the "W" years, when we found out who will be our next president.
2009 - So far its ok, but not as good as 2008. Been under a lot of stress. But it feels good to have a new pres.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/18/09 at 9:51 pm

2000: It was allegedly the first year of the new millenium, and the Earth didn't die. It was still sad, since it would be the first full year without my mother, who died in June, 1999.
2001: I lateralled into a new directorate. It was a big mistake then, but proved to be a blessing in disguise later.
2002: An improvement over 2001, but still a downer.
2003: Don't remember much. Just that I had to fill out security forms.
2004: I think that was the year my old computer crashed. And had to use the office computer, where DMI firewalled inthe00s and other entertainment/chat websites.
2005: Don't remember
2006: A sad year family wise. My great aunt in Georgia, who was the favorite of my sister and I, passed on, which was one month after the last time I took a vacation there to visit her and the other aunts. (Both my uncles and my great uncle died earlier in the decade.) In happier news, I got my 20-year service award at work.
2007: I finally got the balls to move away from home (my first since '98).
2008: I finally got another desktop computer at home (good) and had a triple bypass (bad).
2009: So far, so good. At least I'm still alive for now.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/19/09 at 5:16 pm

The 00's have royally sucked for me too. Take a gander at some points from my life (and things that affected me)

2003--Michael Jackson had new allegations filed on him.  >:(
2004--Michael Jackson went to court and got assaulted by the Police.
2005--Michael Jackson went into hiding.
2007--Prince moved from Minneapolis to LA.
2008--I got in a car accident and ruined my car.
2008--My mother passed away  :\'( (after an extremely long illness and I was helpless to ease her pain)
2009--Prince keeps performing with the same bland hairdo
2009--Michael Jackson has debuted a bland do of his own.
2009--I nearly died of kidney failure and am now on dialysis until I can get a donor kidney.

Somewhere in 2010 I better write "I met Michael Jackson" or I "I met Prince" or I'm gonna be MAD. >:(

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/09 at 5:36 pm

The 00's have royally sucked for me too. Take a gander at some points from my life (and things that affected me)

2008--My mother passed away  :\'( (after an extremely long illness and I was helpless to ease her pain)
2009--I nearly died of kidney failure and am now on dialysis until I can get a donor kidney.

Somewhere in 2010 I better write "I met Michael Jackson" or I "I met Prince" or I'm gonna be MAD. >:(

Whoa, you're a huge Prince and Michael Jackson fan! But I'm sorry about the kidney failure and being on dialysis.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/19/09 at 7:14 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother!  :\'(

I hope everything works out for you to get a new kidney. Please take care.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/19/09 at 7:27 pm

Thank you Coqueta!  :)

And 80sfan, yes, I am a huge fan of MJ and Prince!  ;)

Written By: SoccerPlayer on 04/20/09 at 4:47 am

The 90's were generaly good for me, A LOT better than the 00's.
2000 was very good for me
2001 was good up untill September
2002 was bad
2003 was good
2004 was worse than 2003, but still quite good
2005 was so-so
2006 was so-so, I went to London in the summer. ;)
2007-2009 is an extreamly bad period for me

However, I've noticed that my life changes every 7 years, so in the second part of 2009 when I'm 21 I think it will change again. Let's hope it's for the better now!

Written By: joeman on 04/20/09 at 8:09 am

I think in years to come, people will look back at the 2000's with less cynicalism.  It took me a long time to appreciate my teenage years in the early 2000's and now have a stronger bond than I do with the late 80's/early 90's childhood.  I am pretty sure people talked a lot of crap about the 80's back in 1989 too.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/20/09 at 11:17 am

I think in years to come, people will look back at the 2000's with less cynicalism.  It took me a long time to appreciate my teenage years in the early 2000's and now have a stronger bond than I do with the late 80's/early 90's childhood.  I am pretty sure people talked a lot of crap about the 80's back in 1989 too.

Oh, I'm not talking about pop culture, I'm talking about my personal life. It was horrible!
But I think you're right about pop culture because we tend to hate the present and look back at the past with rose-colored perception.
But come on! Do you think people will really ever take 00's stuff like crunk music and teen pop (2000-2002) as beautiful music like we did the amazing quality of music in the 80's and 90's?

The 80's fashion might've been whack, but the music was good!

The fashion in the 00's was not bad, but the music sucked!

Check for new replies or respond here...