inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anybody here tweet on Twitter?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/09 at 6:21 pm

???

Subject: Re: Does anybody here tweet on Twitter?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/17/09 at 6:53 pm

What is "tweet"? Is that like meeting on twitter? Do I really want to know the answer?  ;D

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/09 at 6:55 pm

What is "tweet"? Is that like meeting on twitter? Do I really want to know the answer?  ;D

Ant

I believe that "tweeting" involves sending a message to all your friends as to what you are doing this very moment.  'Twood appear to be the epitome of conceit.

All of a sudden, recently, you hear all this stuff about Twitter.  Their PR people must be working 24/7 to get all this buzz.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/17/09 at 8:21 pm

I don't tweet on Twitter and I don't sheet on....

8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/17/09 at 9:04 pm

Nah, my life just isn't that interesting that all my friends need to know everything I'm doing every hour of the day.  That is one of the annoying things I dislike about Facebook, although I do admit that I read everything else that other people do.  Even people I don't know (that I've connected with as "friends" for some of the games I play there.)  I guess it kinda makes me feel connected to someone, I tend to be very introverted and feel a little alienated at times.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/17/09 at 9:16 pm

Nah, my life just isn't that interesting that all my friends need to know everything I'm doing every hour of the day. 

You totally misread rule #1 of social networking sites...it's not whether OTHER PEOPLE think your life is INTERESTING, it's whether YOU think your life is interesting! 

:D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/09 at 9:20 pm

You totally misread rule #1 of social networking sites...it's not whether OTHER PEOPLE think your life is INTERESTING, it's whether YOU think your life is interesting! 

TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET...  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/17/09 at 9:24 pm

Oh!  Well...hmmmm...in that case...the answer is still: No, not very interesting.

On a related note, I tried blogging (I really did!)  I signed up for Livejournal, and even blog (to an extent) on myspace.  Again, I site lack of interesting life as why I don't blog.  Although I did sort of use it to keep family and friends abrest of how my mom was doing medically.  Otherwise, talking about cleaning the cat box only would garner empathy/sympathy from other cat owners.  Maybe I'll go out and buy a Sobe Get a Life juice.  I probably could use one (a life that is).   ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/17/09 at 9:26 pm

TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET...  ;D

I took one of those insipid "Which Peanuts character are you?" and my random character that I most resembled was Woodstock (Snoopy's birdy friend) so maybe the above line should be used by me.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/18/09 at 1:33 pm

Oh!  Well...hmmmm...in that case...the answer is still: No, not very interesting.

On a related note, I tried blogging (I really did!)  I signed up for Livejournal, and even blog (to an extent) on myspace.  Again, I site lack of interesting life as why I don't blog.  Although I did sort of use it to keep family and friends abrest of how my mom was doing medically.  Otherwise, talking about cleaning the cat box only would garner empathy/sympathy from other cat owners.  Maybe I'll go out and buy a Sobe Get a Life juice.  I probably could use one (a life that is).   ;D

See?  You're getting it! You're catching on!  Now start twitting, twatting, tweeting...whatever they call it!
:-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/09 at 3:41 pm

Guilty as charged!

http://twitter.com/JamieMyslicki

Check for new replies or respond here...