inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Women Pay Homage To Madonna With Jazzy Moniker

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/09 at 1:55 am

Three young women dubbed as ‘Madonna’s biggest fans’ have decided to pay homage to the star by changing their names by Deed Poll to ‘Lianne Madonna Vogue On The Cover Of A Magazine McHale Dawson’, ‘Emma Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor McHale Dawson’ and ‘Gemma True Blue Strike A Pose Carroll McHale Dawson Me Me Mitchell’, in a bid to prove they really are her biggest fans.

Twins Lianne Dawson and Emma Dawson decided to change their names as a Birthday present last Saturday, only to find that their friend Gemma Mitchell was all set to jump on the name change bandwagon as well. The threesome from Leeds rang online Deed Poll provider The Legal Deed Service, last week and made their self-confessed ‘obsession’ with the singer official, at a cost of just £10.

23-year old Emma from Wortley said, “We absolutely love Madonna, we have been to see her as much as we can and we have got every single album and DVD she has ever made.  We have never met her in person but if we did, we would collapse!”

Emma who is going to see her idol in July at venues in both London and Manchester added, “Our mum is not surprised that me and Lianne have decided to change our names by Deed Poll, but we haven’t told our Nan yet.  Our friend Gemma decided that she would pay for us both to have our names changed, but she loved the idea so much that she decided to change her name too.”

The threesome who have known each other since high school, all became best friends back in 2001 and have been inseparable ever since, so it made sense to them to change their names to variations of the same thing.

Emma added, “We have all had problems changing our names on Facebook, as our new names are simply too long, but we have all said that we are going to stick with our new names.  The funny thing is that most of our friends do not know yet! So I think I will ring them to let them know later on today.  I don’t think they will be too surprised as everyone knows that we are obsessed with Madonna- In a nice way that is!”
Madonna’s agent ‘refused to comment’ on the name change, much to the disappointment of her three biggest fans.

Chief Executive of The Legal Deed Service, Jamie Jackson said, “We are always getting hilarious name changes, but we have never had three Madonna fanatics contact us with such crazy monikers.  We often get people changing their names to something unusual by Deed Poll, and some of the crazy ones will change it back again after the novelty has worn off.  The great thing about these three is that they are all dead set on keeping their new names!

“I think it is rather disappointing that Madonna’s agent was unable to comment, after all it is just a bit of fun! But I am sure that if the lady herself had been made aware of the name change she would have been flattered!”

Subject: Re: Women Pay Homage To Madonna With Jazzy Moniker

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/06/09 at 7:34 pm

IDIOTS!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/07/09 at 12:09 am

I like Madonna too, maybe I should change my name to "Like a Virgin". . .oy vei . . . ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/09 at 12:43 am

Perhaps these three are hung up?

Check for new replies or respond here...