inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rejected Gladiator 2 script unearthed

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/09 at 11:40 am

A script for a proposed sequel of Ridley Scott's Gladiator written by Nick Cave has been uncovered by fans of the veteran rocker, reports The Guardian.

Following the success of the original in 2000, Scott and lead actor Russell Crowe invited Cave to write a script for a sequel.

In the screenplay - ultimately rejected by the studios - Crowe's character Maximus meddles with Roman gods in the afterlife, is reincarnated, defends early Christians, reunites with his son, and ultimately lives forever - leading tanks in the second world war and even mucking around in the modern-day Pentagon.

Speaking about the script to UGO.com, Scott said: "Russell Crowe didn't want to let it go, obviously, because it worked very well. I mean, when I say 'worked very well', I don't refer to success. I mean, as a piece it works very well.

"Storytelling, he (Cave) works brilliantly. I think he enjoyed doing it, and I think it was one of those things that he thought 'Well, maybe there's a sequel where we can adjust the fantasy and bring him back from the dead'."

Subject: Re: Rejected Gladiator 2 script unearthed

Written By: Max Power on 05/09/09 at 3:37 pm

;D

Good material for The Onions

Check for new replies or respond here...