inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another new Paula Abdul song- "I'm Just Here for the Music"

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/10/09 at 12:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51afuFLDmls

Holy sh*t this is a GOOD song. :) I think it's even better than "Dance Like There's no Tomorrow" (her song from last year) and stands right up with her classic 1989-92 stuff - and I'm a diehard Paula fan so that's saying something.

I love the electropop 80slike sound... maybe it's just me, but I think it sounds kinda like "Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5.

Subject: Re: Another new Paula Abdul song- "I'm Just Here for the Music"

Written By: whistledog on 05/10/09 at 12:10 am

She's past her prime, and probably won't see the Top 40 again, but the fact that 'Dance Like There's No Tomorrow' was even able to chart in today's music times is quite an achievement.  I thought it was catchy, but I probably wouldn't rush out to get her forthcoming album, if she ever puts one out.

I used to have her Greatest Hits CD (the original issue of it, not the re-issue a few years ago), but I sold it because I never listened to it.  I still have 'Forever Your Girl' on LP and all of the singles from it on 12" Vinyl and 45 RPM

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/10/09 at 12:23 am

She's past her prime, and probably won't see the Top 40 again, but the fact that 'Dance Like There's No Tomorrow' was even able to chart in today's music times is quite an achievement.  I thought it was catchy, but I probably wouldn't rush out to get her forthcoming album, if she ever puts one out.

I used to have her Greatest Hits CD (the original issue of it, not the re-issue a few years ago), but I sold it because I never listened to it.  I still have 'Forever Your Girl' on LP and all of the singles from it on 12" Vinyl and 45 RPM

Hmmm, I half agree. Oh I'm sure she'll never be as popular musically as in '89-92, but she's been "back" on Idol long enough now I think to have name recognition for a long time - hell she's probably even MORE known for that now than for her singing. That's probably more of an afterthought to alot of people.

Regardless of whether or not the song becomes popular commercialy though, it's so darn catchy! :) It actually sounds like it could've been from Spellbound (with a slightly modern touch)... which is cool for me since that's my favorite period of hers.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/09 at 7:13 am

Does she sing through the Cuisinart on this record like before? ???

Written By: Midas on 05/10/09 at 10:56 am

I agree it's a catchy track, and hopefully has some staying power.  I like "I'm Just Here For The Music", but I also think it sounds similar to recent dance-pop tracks "Circus" or "4 Minutes".

Written By: whistledog on 05/10/09 at 4:25 pm

Now that Paula is a Canadian Citizen, I should embrace her music a bit more.  I still do love the 'Forever Your Girl' album

I loved Strike's hit cover of 'My Love is For Real'.  Over here, it was a bigger hit than Abdul's original

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/11/09 at 7:18 pm

I've only heard a small portion of the song, but what I've heard sounds good.  :)

Written By: Midas on 05/12/09 at 9:09 am

Now that Paula is a Canadian Citizen, I should embrace her music a bit more. 

What a strange characteristic to base your musical tastes on.  There's plenty of American music artists that I don't like :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/09 at 3:46 pm

What a strange characteristic to base your musical tastes on.  There's plenty of American music artists that I don't like :D

The way I ramble on about Canadian music, I should be expected to like all Canadian music.  If it wasn't for that damn Geddy Lee and Rush, then I probably would LOL

Written By: Midas on 05/13/09 at 8:16 am

The way I ramble on about Canadian music, I should be expected to like all Canadian music.  If it wasn't for that damn Geddy Lee and Rush, then I probably would LOL

Hey now.  What you say about his company is what you say about society.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...