inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How many more years until Miley Cyrus has a mental breakdown?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/11/09 at 11:48 pm

This girl has become huge and everywhere I turn her face is there. To be honest I didn't think she would become this famous and now she's as big as Britney Spears in 2000.

Her show started in 2006? But it wasn't until late 2007 that she exploded everywhere. So she's been around for 3 years and 'extremely' famous for 1 year and half.

She's 16 and about late 2009 she will be Britney's age when Brit started to become famous. Come on, do you not think this kind of fame doesn't affect a little kid? It does.

Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe she will be more stable than Britney.

Any thoughts?

Subject: Re: How many more years until Miley Cyrus has a mental breakdown?

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/12/09 at 12:36 am

Alright, I'll say 3 and a half years before she pops a gasket.  :P

Written By: Frank on 05/12/09 at 12:47 am

I'd say the over/under is around 2 years.

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/12/09 at 1:30 am

The flaw in this question is assuming that shes SANE to begin with...in order to want to go through the celebrity gauntlet we, the paparazzi and the rest of the media throw down, you have to be insane to begin with.

A mental breakdown isn't coming as much as we're already watching it in progress, we only call it a mental breakdown at the height of the particular star of the moments insanity/craziness they call a life.  8-P

Then we wag a finger at media (ourselves) and cry "leave them alone" or better yet "who cares, they're celebrities, they wanted it, they asked for it"  :-\\...crazy, crazy life.

Written By: anabel on 05/12/09 at 8:38 pm

Ok, I'm gonna give the girl some credit.  Since she already "had" her breakdown in her movie, trying to decide if she can keep the Hannah thing going or not, maybe she really won't have a real one....she's a little goofy, and she is more of a product than a real girl now, but she seems to have explored it already, and hopefully she has a better head on her shoulders than Britney and Lindsay do.  She's going to do some stupid teenage stuff, (didn't we all?) but I think she's more sane than most of her peers are.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/13/09 at 11:17 pm

Sacrifice in March, corn have plenty starch.

March 2010.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/13/09 at 11:26 pm

On a sort-of related note, the local Loew's Mega Cinema Giant Theater Complex near me has a digital billboard that announces what movies are playing this week.  Each movie's title flashes for about a second then moves on to the next one.

This week we have showing the movies:

Earth

Fighting

Hannah Montana

so, I just thought it amusing that "Earth fighting Hannah Montana", Somehow I don't think they are fighting hard enough and it will turn into another film playing "Monsters vs. Aliens"  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/15/09 at 9:07 pm

so, I just thought it amusing that "Earth fighting Hannah Montana", Somehow I don't think they are fighting hard enough and it will turn into another film playing "Monsters vs. Aliens"  :D

Hey, it coulda been worse.

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2008/07/fail-owned-movie-lineup-fail.jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/17/09 at 8:32 am

I think she'll have a mental breakdown as soon as she realizes what 50 year-old truck drivers are doing alone in the shower with her Hannah Montana hand cream.  :o :o :o

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p3feBYwNs2I/SBGw69kRzzI/AAAAAAAAEW4/Iw7Tp62Aa_0/s400/prod_1057007_XL.jpg

(Apologies to LyricBoy)

Written By: NightmareFarm on 11/16/21 at 8:00 pm

Holy sheesh. This aged well...

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/16/21 at 8:08 pm

Alright, I'll say 3 and a half years before she pops a gasket.  :P

creepy accuracy

Written By: Slim95 on 11/16/21 at 8:28 pm

Didn't she already have a mental breakdown??? When she cut her hair and stuck her tongue out everywhere? And when she humped a pole in her music video?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/16/21 at 10:54 pm

I think she'll have a mental breakdown as soon as she realizes what 50 year-old truck drivers are doing alone in the shower with her Hannah Montana hand cream.  :o :o :o

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p3feBYwNs2I/SBGw69kRzzI/AAAAAAAAEW4/Iw7Tp62Aa_0/s400/prod_1057007_XL.jpg

(Apologies to LyricBoy)

Because I'm (still technically) a truck driver and I'm 50 years old now???  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/17/21 at 3:40 am

Didn't she already have a mental breakdown??? When she cut her hair and stuck her tongue out everywhere? And when she humped a pole in her music video?

Or maybe when she was smashing a car ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/18/21 at 11:43 am

Yeah, looks like this thread wasn't found in 2013.

Written By: CarCar on 11/18/21 at 7:03 pm

Yeah, looks like this thread wasn't found in 2013.

I’d say she never had a mental breakdown. If anything shes disappeared a bit

Check for new replies or respond here...