inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Farrah Fawcett--Dying?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/12/09 at 4:39 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was watching an entertainment news show and they said that "Charlie's Angel" startlet Farrah Fawcett is dying of terminal cancer. Is that really true? I mean, I knew she was sick, but I didn't think that she was dying!

That poor woman!

Please let me know if this is true. Thank you!

Subject: Re: Farrah Fawcett--Dying?

Written By: Frank on 05/12/09 at 4:52 pm

The impression I got from what I have heard in the news this part month, it seems that she doesn't have much time left.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/12/09 at 5:26 pm

The impression I got from what I have heard in the news this part month, it seems that she doesn't have much time left.

That's the feeling I get as well.  :(

Written By: Paula6429 on 05/12/09 at 6:53 pm

Yes, it is true.  Her son who has been serving jail time went to visit her.  Her husband Ryan asked him not to rattle his chains (he was shackled) because she did not know that he was in jail.  It's a terrible thing to sit at a terminally ill loved one's bedside and watch them suffer until they take their last breath.......speaking from a recent experience that is still fresh in my mind.  

Hopefully she wont suffer too much longer.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/12/09 at 8:32 pm

Hey Paula. I know the same feeling of watching a loved one deteriorate. I went through the same thing with my mother last spring.  :\'(

@ Everyone: Thank you for the information.

I feel very sorry for Farrah, I hate for any person to suffer like she is and I wish that she could get better. Poor dear.

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/09 at 12:38 am

There is a special on NBC this Friday at 9pm (PST) about her battle with cancer check it out...

and yeah she was checked into the hospital a month or two back...she is very near the end and this makes me very sad!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/09 at 7:52 pm

There is a special on NBC this Friday at 9pm (PST) about her battle with cancer check it out...

and yeah she was checked into the hospital a month or two back...she is very near the end and this makes me very sad!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif

I agree.  I think it's because she's so familiar.  In the seventies, Farrah Fawcett was a pop culture icon on the level of Marilyn Monroe.  All the boys had her poster on their bedroom walls and all the girls wanted that Farrah Fawcett hair.  When people think of "Charlie's Angels," they think of Farrah...even though Ms. Fawcett was only on the show for the first year of the show's five year run. 

According to Wikipedia, Redmond O'Neill, her son with Ryan O'Neill, was jailed for narcotics possession in April.  It's not like he's some kind of crazed ax murderer.  He's just a guy with some problems.  I think the cops could have let him visit his dying mother without keeping him shackled like Jacob Marley.  I'm mean, for chrissakes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrah_Fawcett

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/14/09 at 8:01 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tearyeyed.gif

All the boys had her poster on their bedroom walls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrah_Fawcett

Yep.  Back  in the day, all you needed was a Farrah poster.  No need for Enzyte or ExtenZe.  ;)

Written By: Michael C. on 05/14/09 at 8:08 pm

My Mom passed away 16 years ago from cancer....and it's weird.....Whenever I think of Her I remember Her in Her final 3 months....Bedridden & in pain....
Hey Paula. I know the same feeling of watching a loved one deteriorate. I went through the same thing with my mother last spring.  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/15/09 at 5:45 pm

Yep.  Back  in the day, all you needed was a Farrah poster.  No need for Enzyte or ExtenZe.  ;)

If you had ED at 15, that's a sorry state!  I did, but it was in the other direction!
:P

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/15/09 at 6:52 pm

My Mom passed away 16 years ago from cancer....and it's weird.....Whenever I think of Her I remember Her in Her final 3 months....Bedridden & in pain....

I do the exact same thing when I think of my mother. I think because that was such a traumatic time in my life. And hers of course.  :\'(

On topic: I think it was stupid to have her son shackled. If I wss him, I'd be pissed.I'd want to hug my mother!

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/09 at 10:05 pm

I do the exact same thing when I think of my mother. I think because that was such a traumatic time in my life. And hers of course.  :\'(

On topic: I think it was stupid to have her son shackled. If I wss him, I'd be pissed.I'd want to hug my mother!

or he could have not committed a crime... he was lucky he got to see her at all...most incarcerated people don't get that courtesy.

Written By: statsqueen on 05/15/09 at 10:44 pm

or he could have not committed a crime... he was lucky he got to see her at all...most incarcerated people don't get that courtesy.

Good point.

Did anyone see the special?  I was busy watching season finales.

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/09 at 10:52 pm

Good point.

Did anyone see the special?  I was busy watching season finales.

I will be recording it in 8 minutes.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/16/09 at 9:28 am

I watched the documentary last night... left me utterly heart-broken. Farrah is a brave, determined woman and she has fought this insidious disease with everything she has... my prayers and love go out to her and her family.

Written By: Michael C. on 05/16/09 at 10:20 am

Yeah....it's unfortunate.....so many good years overshadowed by one last bad one.....It's not fair....But...nothing about that illness is...
Very sorry for Your loss.

Written By: Michael C. on 05/16/09 at 10:21 am

I couldn't watch it...the coming attractions alone brought up too many painful memories of My Mom's passing.

I watched the documentary last night... left me utterly heart-broken. Farrah is a brave, determined woman and she has fought this insidious disease with everything she has... my prayers and love go out to her and her family.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/16/09 at 7:18 pm

I was watching Entertainment Tonight a few moments ago and they said that Farrah actually did a Cancer Awareness PSA in the 70s. Isn't that ironic? :(

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/16/09 at 7:38 pm

I really thought Farrah was going to survive the cancer, but it looks like that may not be the case.  :\'(

Keeping Farrah and her family in my thoughts.  :\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 05/18/09 at 9:38 am

I was watching Entertainment Tonight a few moments ago and they said that Farrah actually did a Cancer Awareness PSA in the 70s. Isn't that ironic? :(

That's the same word they used when they talked about it in the documentary.  I wasn't able to watch it all due to activities, but I hope to see it when they run it again (I'm sure they will).

Written By: Tia on 05/18/09 at 10:23 am

normally i'd agree but narcotics possession charges are a joke. i dunno the details, maybe if he was dealing, but throwing people in jail for chemical dependency is cruel.

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/09 at 11:43 pm

That's the same word they used when they talked about it in the documentary.  I wasn't able to watch it all due to activities, but I hope to see it when they run it again (I'm sure they will).

Oxygen has been playing it alot...plus, since it was on NBC first it'll probably be on Bravo or A&E....or you have a friend with it sitting in the dvr who happens to own a VCR and a DVD-R  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/09 at 11:44 pm

normally i'd agree but narcotics possession charges are a joke. i dunno the details, maybe if he was dealing, but throwing people in jail for chemical dependency is cruel.

what if was operating a motor vehicle while under the influence?

i say if you stay home and do it in your own home that's one thing...but possession is illegal so if you go out on the street with it then you run the risk of serving jail time...its not like he didn't know drugs are illegal...

Written By: Tia on 05/19/09 at 8:34 am

well, that's illegal for a good reason.

i say if you stay home and do it in your own home that's one thing...but possession is illegal so if you go out on the street with it then you run the risk of serving jail time...its not like he didn't know drugs are illegal...
but this part is illegal for a bad reason. once i believe it was illegal in a lot of states not to report an escaped slave if you happened across one on the street. persecuting addicts is about as just.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/09 at 12:03 pm

I was just saying they could have just taken the shackles off and let Redmond visit his mother.  The cops would stand guard outside the hospital room.  Unless they guy was diagnosed as totally nuts, I don't see a reason why they had to make him drag his leg irons like he was Abel Magwitch.  Please!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...