inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nice little shaker here in LA...

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/17/09 at 10:54 pm

Did you feel that?
Just had a not very nice shake, rattle and BOOM from deep within here in southern Cali...Ran out of my house to car alarms and sirens going off.  Doesn't matter how long you've been here, or how many times you've been in one, you'll never get used to this... :P

Subject: Re: Nice little shaker here in LA...

Written By: Jessica on 05/17/09 at 11:06 pm

Would you believe that I actually MISS them?  We had one in southern Illinois last year, but it was felt up here in Chicago.  I thought I was back at home. :D

5.0.  Not bad.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/ci10410337.php

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/09 at 11:33 pm

Would you believe that I actually MISS them?  We had one in southern Illinois last year, but it was felt up here in Chicago.  I thought I was back at home. :D

5.0.  Not bad.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/ci10410337.php

I'm with you jess I've been thru quite a few including the bad one in sf in what 1990? They don't really phase me all that much.
Except for the few negatives like destruction of property and death (which is rare in Cali) I actually like them. They're kind of fun. 

Written By: nally on 05/18/09 at 10:58 am

I'm with you jess I've been thru quite a few including the bad one in sf in what 1990? They don't really phase me all that much.
Except for the few negatives like destruction of property and death (which is rare in Cali) I actually like them. They're kind of fun. 

SF? Might've been October 1989, just as the Oakland A's and SF Giants were getting ready to play Game Three of the World Series. Because of the quake, they had to postpone that game to a later date. I remember hearing about that one.

I also heard about last night's 5.0 quake but I didn't feel it, although it was felt pretty far away from its epicenter.

Written By: Jessica on 05/18/09 at 11:57 am

Ah yes, the '89 quake.  I remember that one not so fondly.  That was when I still feared earthquakes, and that thing scared the ever lovin' schitt out of me. :P

Looks like they downgraded the recent one to a 4.7.  Still a fairly good rattle though.

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/09 at 2:43 pm

89 90 same diff  ;)

Written By: nally on 05/20/09 at 7:38 pm

There was also another one in the same vicinity last night...of course I didn't feel it cuz' I live far away from where it was centered....but they said on the news that it was an aftershock to Sunday night's quake.

Check for new replies or respond here...