inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The worst music video ever

Written By: sonikuu on 05/18/09 at 3:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

It's like they took every bad 00s music trend and threw into a blender to see what would come out.  All the bad trends are there: Emo, Rap, Auto-Tune, etc.  

Subject: Re: The worst music video ever

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/09 at 4:13 pm

If this is the music of the 2010's then I want to kill myself!  >:(

I'm only 20 by the way.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/18/09 at 6:34 pm

Yanno, usually when someone comes up with a thread about something being "the worst ever," for some reason I feel the need to challenge it.

But not in this case.

What's even worse is the comments, claiming this is the BEST SONG EVA!!!!

Why are teenage girls so f**king stupid???  ???

Written By: Jessica on 05/18/09 at 6:42 pm

Urban Dictionary has some beautiful definitions for this...er....band.

I have to agree with the one definition on there: if it's a joke, I don't get it.  If it's legit, I certainly don't get it.

Written By: 90steen on 05/18/09 at 6:51 pm

The song isn't so bad, sounds like every other song that's been thrown at us the past 4 or 5 years. Not saying on any terms I like it... The video, however, is... despicable?

Written By: Brian06 on 05/18/09 at 9:08 pm

Kinda like 3oh!3 with autotune.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/19/09 at 12:14 am

You know, I was just wondering what would happen if someone with a crappy studio and daddy's Landrover tried to emulate Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Hanson. Now I know the answer.

Worst ever? Hmm, there's always this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PAzqBUNlCs

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/09 at 12:44 am

My vote would be MC Hammer's Pumps and a Bump video, where he went for the gangster angle.

I was going to post a YouTube link but the video has been deleted!  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/09 at 1:24 am

Certainly not my kinda music.

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/19/09 at 6:05 am

I think that ENGLISH QUALITY OF WRITING, not actual writing determines how good a song is on Youtube. Here is my "grading scale":

A: All words properly capitalized, spelled correctly, proper punctuation, and proper grammar. Usually a couple comments in a set of 10 with multiple sentences. DOWNLOAD IT.
B: Some people commenting qualify for A, but a some people may not capitalize words properly, and a few symbols (such as a broken heart) may occasionally appear. Some Internet slang such as LOL may appear on a few responses. Spammers, if any, are always more distracting than the "real" comments. LISTEN TO IT.
C: Only a few people use proper mechanics. The majority simply don't capitalize and are using more abstract English such as "U", "OMG", and more symbols are being used. But it is still completely understandable for the most part. Some spammers may appear on this level. Unfortunately, some videos are starting to become a little rose-tinted in terms of actual quality based upon the glorified comments. TRY A SAMPLE BEFORE YOU PLAY THROUGH IT.
D: Marginal understanding of most english, many words incorrectly spelled, leetspeak becoming common, and spamming starting to dominate. But a few people do care. DON'T LET THE COMMENTS TRICK YOU INTO THINKING IT'S A GREAT SONG!
F: Poor, practically "written in another language" type-English on the comments section. Basically a bunch of morons. CLICK THE HOME BUTTON IMMEDIATELY!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/22/09 at 12:11 pm

These clowns are the new Poison.  :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/22/09 at 2:00 pm

I think that ENGLISH QUALITY OF WRITING, not actual writing determines how good a song is on Youtube. Here is my "grading scale":

A: All words properly capitalized, spelled correctly, proper punctuation, and proper grammar. Usually a couple comments in a set of 10 with multiple sentences. DOWNLOAD IT.
B: Some people commenting qualify for A, but a some people may not capitalize words properly, and a few symbols (such as a broken heart) may occasionally appear. Some Internet slang such as LOL may appear on a few responses. Spammers, if any, are always more distracting than the "real" comments. LISTEN TO IT.
C: Only a few people use proper mechanics. The majority simply don't capitalize and are using more abstract English such as "U", "OMG", and more symbols are being used. But it is still completely understandable for the most part. Some spammers may appear on this level. Unfortunately, some videos are starting to become a little rose-tinted in terms of actual quality based upon the glorified comments. TRY A SAMPLE BEFORE YOU PLAY THROUGH IT.
D: Marginal understanding of most english, many words incorrectly spelled, leetspeak becoming common, and spamming starting to dominate. But a few people do care. DON'T LET THE COMMENTS TRICK YOU INTO THINKING IT'S A GREAT SONG!
F: Poor, practically "written in another language" type-English on the comments section. Basically a bunch of morons. CLICK THE HOME BUTTON IMMEDIATELY!

You forgot "E".  :P

Written By: woops on 05/29/09 at 8:12 pm

Lady GaGa "Paparazzi"

Probably the cheesiest epic video I've ever seen...

Though nothing have topped "Ice Ice Baby" from Vanilla Ice and "We Built This City" from Starship, IMHO

Written By: Mushroom on 05/31/09 at 3:07 pm

Bad News - Bohemian Rhapsody

I can't browse YouTube here, but it should not be hard to find there.  Check it out (if you dare).

Check for new replies or respond here...