inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music of the 2010s

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/22/09 at 7:03 am

What do you think the sound of the 2010s?

Pretty much what we have now.  Hip-hop will  die out and it might have an old school effect to it.  The pop sound is going to be this steady-beat electro-thump sound  like Lady Gaga and stuff, and you might see more Auto Tune in everything. I was expecting the music to sound like that...we are going farther in time and technology is getting more and more advanced each year.  I think it is about right to have a sci-fi sound to music.  And you might hear more trance.

Subject: Re: Music of the 2010s

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/09 at 9:55 am

You took the words right out of my mouth Kyle23,

But I hope music gets better though!

If auto-tune does dominate next decade then at least the 10's will have a niche about it.

Written By: Jessica on 05/22/09 at 10:34 am

Bloody hell, wasn't this f*cking topic already done?

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/09 at 3:58 pm

Why not just wait until 2010 and see what music will sound like ::)

Finding good music in today's times is like trying to find buried treasure:  you have to dig through tons of sh*t to get to the good stuff, and sometimes the treasure chest is empty.  So what makes you think music in 2010 will be any better?

If trash like Soujaboy can hit the charts, hell anyone can.  I bet I could record myself taking a dump, and it would hit #1.

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/22/09 at 4:52 pm

Finding good music in today's times is like trying to find buried treasure:  you have to dig through tons of sh*t to get to the good stuff, and sometimes the treasure chest is empty.  So what makes you think music in 2010 will be any better?

If trash like Soujaboy can hit the charts, hell anyone can.  I bet I could record myself taking a dump, and it would hit #1.

Soulja Boy has a really catchy beat and it has great rhymnes.  He is fun to listen to.

Written By: tv on 05/24/09 at 12:37 pm

Soulja Boy has a really catchy beat and it has great rhymnes.  He is fun to listen to.

The current music scene make me feel old and I'm only 29. I don;t get the appeal of Soulja Boy and his fashion sense is silly.

Anyway back to the topic of music of the 2010 I think auto-tone will be part of the early 2010's but not the mid to late 2010's.

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/24/09 at 3:31 pm

That will be a good hit...the Crap song!!!  Record it!!

Written By: Brian06 on 05/24/09 at 3:44 pm

Is probably gonna suck.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/24/09 at 4:30 pm

I think music will stink also!

What makes us think music will be good in just 2 or 3 years?  :-\\

Written By: 90steen on 05/24/09 at 4:59 pm

I'm 29 as well and I don't get this music. This year is the first year since 2005 or 2006 I found a few songs I like. All it is really is fast paced club music with autotone. I doubt rap will have old school affect to it anymore. If they try to, it'll be a fake old school that everyone will be able to tell that they're trying to imitate the music 20 years ago. I think it'll be all futuristic sounding and they lyrics will be about "letting the beat rock and flow" like Boom Boom Pow. I think Boom Boom Pow is a song that's opening for the next decade because it really doesn't sound like the music that's been thrown at us the last 9 years. Neither does most of the music this year... Lady Gaga seems to be trying to bring dance back, which died in 2003. But it's like a different kind of dance. I think rap might become less popular and we'll get an un-thought of genre.

Written By: tv on 05/24/09 at 8:11 pm

I'm 29 as well and I don't get this music. This year is the first year since 2005 or 2006 I found a few songs I like. All it is really is fast paced club music with autotone. I doubt rap will have old school affect to it anymore. If they try to, it'll be a fake old school that everyone will be able to tell that they're trying to imitate the music 20 years ago. I think it'll be all futuristic sounding and they lyrics will be about "letting the beat rock and flow" like Boom Boom Pow. I think Boom Boom Pow is a song that's opening for the next decade because it really doesn't sound like the music that's been thrown at us the last 9 years. Neither does most of the music this year... Lady Gaga seems to be trying to bring dance back, which died in 2003. But it's like a different kind of dance. I think rap might become less popular and we'll get an un-thought of genre.
Well at least "Boom Boom Pow" is not as bad as the ringtone rap that was thrown at us from 2007-mid 2008. I don;t like "Boom Boom Pow" because it has that dreaded auto-tone to it which it was too overused in today;s music. I prefer "Day N' Nite" by "Kid Cudi" to "Boom Boom Pow". At least "Day N' Nite" has that old-school rap sound to it that you are talking about but sounds fresh still.

Still as a referenced a couple posts before both "Day N' Nite" and "Boom Boom Pow" are pop-rap to me.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/09 at 8:46 pm

One can only hope that Soulja Boy and Lady Gaga perform a duet.

Written By: whistledog on 05/24/09 at 9:06 pm

One can only hope that Soulja Boy and Lady Gaga perform a duet.

Soap ... LyricBoy's mouth ... must ... wash ... out :D

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/28/09 at 7:12 am

Well at least "Boom Boom Pow" is not as bad as the ringtone rap that was thrown at us from 2007-mid 2008. I don;t like "Boom Boom Pow" because it has that dreaded auto-tone to it which it was too overused in today;s music. I prefer "Day N' Nite" by "Kid Cudi" to "Boom Boom Pow". At least "Day N' Nite" has that old-school rap sound to it that you are talking about but sounds fresh still.

Still as a referenced a couple posts before both "Day N' Nite" and "Boom Boom Pow" are pop-rap to me.

Day N' Nite sucks....it sounds like this crappy Lil Wayne song "Lollipop".  Same instrumental riff with the same notes.  Boom Boom Pow is the sh**.  If you want to hear some good songs, check out some Bow Wow, Bobby Valentino, etc.

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/28/09 at 7:13 am

I have a feeling that dance is going to come back.  It is still big in Europe and it is huge in the underground and in the club.

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/28/09 at 7:16 am

Boom Boom pow sounds pretty 2000'sh ish...if you can hear this aggressive thump on your car stereo, it is 2000s.  Let it Rock is pretty much the next decade.

Written By: 90steen on 05/28/09 at 1:21 pm

Boom Boom pow sounds pretty 2000'sh ish...if you can hear this aggressive thump on your car stereo, it is 2000s.  Let it Rock is pretty much the next decade.

Yeah. Kevin Rudolf's music as well sounds like a next decade type.

Written By: tv on 05/28/09 at 4:59 pm

What musical genre do you guys think "Let It RocK" would go in anyway? It sounds like Dance sort of but what a rock music influence to it.

Written By: tv on 05/28/09 at 5:05 pm

Day N' Nite sucks....it sounds like this crappy Lil Wayne song "Lollipop".  Same instrumental riff with the same notes.  Boom Boom Pow is the sh**.  If you want to hear some good songs, check out some Bow Wow, Bobby Valentino, etc.
"Lollipop" was a ringtone rap hit in my opinion in the last 15 minutes of what "Ringtone Rap's" popularity had left in it.

Bow Wow-I did like "Let Me Hold You" featuring R&B singer "Omarion" which was a hit in 2005. Bobby Valentino-I liked "Slow Down" and "Annonymous" featuring Timbaland.

Written By: Meow_Meow on 05/28/09 at 7:16 pm

I think in the 2010's music is going to be more synth driven.
Maybe some elements from the 80's but not very many...just a guess considering
I've been hearing lots of synthesizers lately in songs.

Written By: 90steen on 05/28/09 at 8:10 pm

What musical genre do you guys think "Let It RocK" would go in anyway? It sounds like Dance sort of but what a rock music influence to it.

I was gonna say Hip-Rock

Written By: Kyle23 on 05/28/09 at 9:48 pm

I always thought Low had a cutting edge sound...then I realized that Flo-Rida is just a 1990s dance party throwback person.

Check for new replies or respond here...