inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Satellite Radio...

Written By: Davester on 05/23/09 at 1:47 am

Got a Tivoli model satellite radio and subscribed to Sirius this week, the Mostly Music package...

Wow!  80s on 8 (hosted by the original MTV vee-jays) is terrific.  Where else can you still hear Rock Me Amadeus on the radio and nobody joke about it?  They're completely serious...

All 80s, all the time, up your ass and down your throat, 24/7 365.  I may check out some of the other channels prety soon...

Sorry Satish, I know this topic has been done before.  Freakin' DEAL with it... :P

Subject: Re: Satellite Radio...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/09 at 9:55 am

Got a Tivoli model satellite radio and subscribed to Sirius this week, the Mostly Music package...

Wow!  80s on 8 (hosted by the original MTV vee-jays) is terrific.  Where else can you still hear Rock Me Amadeus on the radio and nobody joke about it?  They're completely serious...

All 80s, all the time, up your ass and down your throat, 24/7 365.  I may check out some of the other channels prety soon...

Sorry Satish, I know this topic has been done before.  Freakin' DEAL with it... :P

Have you heard the classic "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco yet ? ???

Written By: woops on 05/23/09 at 2:22 pm

They also air the original Top 40 countdown (though varies since some I've heard are good, OK, or 'whatever')

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/23/09 at 4:19 pm

Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but when I had Sirius I loved Little Steven's Underground Garage.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/09 at 1:06 am

That's symptomatic of why satellite radio is flop.  It's not the medium itself; it's the corporate goons who run it--the same corporate goons who run commercial radio.  Whatever market you're in you can hear "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco* four times a day, say, WTYG "The Tiger" 93 '80s in the A.M., WLZR, Lazer 104, '80s Lunch, WHWK, "The Hawk" 99.5 '80s Drive Time, or WSRK, "The Shark" 108 '80s After Dark.  You can hear "Puttin' On The Ritz," "The Warrior," "No More Words, "Dancing With My Self," "The Safety Dance," The Promise," and whatever the f**k else you wanna hear and maybe win two tickets to the Icecapades and some 7-11 beef jerky too!  And you know what?  You don't have to pay a monthly fee!
8)

*"Puttin' on the Ritz" was written by Irving Berlin.  Say what you want about that Dutch dufus, Taco, but you better not be hatin' on no Irving Berlin, or I'll get Tin Pan Alley on yo azz!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Written By: Davester on 05/24/09 at 4:33 am

Yeah, Puttin' On the Ritz was on a few times.  Once in awhile I'll hear a Max Headroom knock-off, named Les Headroom (the real one would be better), announce a "Lost 80s" song.  A few have been They Don't Know by Tracy Ullman, a Go West b-side from their first album, and another one I can't think of at the moment...

Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but when I had Sirius I loved Little Steven's Underground Garage.

Yes, on my preset...

Max, mon ami, I can always count on you to make me feel like a dork... :)

Written By: Davester on 05/24/09 at 4:02 pm

Okay, I can do without Karla DeVito.  But everything else is good to go...

Written By: 80sfan on 05/24/09 at 6:12 pm

That's symptomatic of why satellite radio is flop.  It's not the medium itself; it's the corporate goons who run it--the same corporate goons who run commercial radio.  Whatever market you're in you can hear "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco* four times a day, say, WTYG "The Tiger" 93 '80s in the A.M., WLZR, Lazer 104, '80s Lunch, WHWK, "The Hawk" 99.5 '80s Drive Time, or WSRK, "The Shark" 108 '80s After Dark.  You can hear "Puttin' On The Ritz," "The Warrior," "No More Words, "Dancing With My Self," "The Safety Dance," The Promise," and whatever the f**k else you wanna hear and maybe win two tickets to the Icecapades and some 7-11 beef jerky too!  And you know what?  You don't have to pay a monthly fee!
8)

*"Puttin' on the Ritz" was written by Irving Berlin.  Say what you want about that Dutch dufus, Taco, but you better not be hatin' on no Irving Berlin, or I'll get Tin Pan Alley on yo azz!

Why is it that 'corporate goons' never have any good taste?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/09 at 6:15 pm

Taco is Dutch?  All this time I thought he was from Holland.

Written By: whistledog on 05/24/09 at 8:21 pm

Srsly? :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/24/09 at 10:44 pm

He's Hollish.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/09 at 12:18 am

Nope.  He's from the Netherlands. He's Neither.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

Why is it that 'corporate goons' never have any good taste?

Ah, there's a little trick to that.  The corporate goons don't care about taste, they care about profits...so they pay for all the market research to determine what products will make them the most money.  So, if we don't think corporate goons have any taste, we have to consider it next time we look in the bathroom mirror!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/25/09 at 7:25 am

Nope.  He's from the Netherlands. He's Neither.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

Wow I never knew that.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/25/09 at 9:17 am

Ah, there's a little trick to that.  The corporate goons don't care about taste, they care about profits...so they pay for all the market research to determine what products will make them the most money.  So, if we don't think corporate goons have any taste, we have to consider it next time we look in the bathroom mirror!

Damn, that's slick! LMAO.

Written By: Satish on 05/25/09 at 8:58 pm

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...