inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glee Cast-Don't Stop Believin'

Written By: woohoo10134 on 06/01/09 at 6:51 pm

Have you heard the new song from the cast of Glee?  It's currently number 4 on the charts which is surprising cause it's so different.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffuCVLECpY  What do you all think of it?

Subject: Re: Glee Cast-Don't Stop Believin'

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/09 at 7:29 pm

It's nice to see something in the US chart that isn't rap, hip-hop or R&B.  I actually quite like it.  It is different, that's for sure.  I wonder what Steve Perry thinks of it?

The way it opens, it sort of reminds me of The Flying Pickets (if anyone remembers that group), but then the drums and guitar kick in and it sounds like a regular pop song.

Written By: Bri Bri on 06/01/09 at 9:16 pm

There's also Linkin Park in the top 10 and of coarse Lady GaGa and also Pitbull, both great dance songs, i hope the next decade brings us more dance music!

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/11 at 12:45 am

The TV show 'Glee' is currently in its second season with 35 episodes to date.  So far, the Glee Cast has had a total of 143 charted songs between multiple countries.  Broken down between North America and the UK, here are some stats ...

US Hot 100
113 hits (36 Top 40)

Canadian Hot 100
114 hits (45 Top 40)

UK Top 100
83 hits (36 Top 40)

Not all of the songs they charted were even singles.  Based on downloads alone, an album track or song not even on an album (yet) can become a chart hit.  Makes you wonder all of the songs that would have been in the chart had Glee not existed.

Dang you Glee, dang you!!! *shakes fist in air*

Check for new replies or respond here...