inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saturday morning cartoons

Written By: Shadow946 on 06/02/09 at 2:56 am

were so much better in the 90s. Animation has gotten really lazy and storylines unoriginal. The only one I like right now is spectacular spiderman, which despite its voice acting has a lot of great fight scenes. Anyone have some favs from the 90s or 00s?

Subject: Re: Saturday morning cartoons

Written By: EthanM on 06/02/09 at 1:56 pm

Basically the entire original Kids WB...I think  morning cartoons went way downhill from there but I might just have lost interest/matured. But it's probably about the cartoons.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 06/02/09 at 2:43 pm

When I was little I begged my mom for cartoon network.  With Looneytoons, superman, spiderman, Noozles, Maya the Bee, and so many more great shows, how could one go wrong?

Now, I beg my mom to get rid of it, lol.  Seriously though, other than June Bugs, Cartoon Network is a utterly total waste of time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/09 at 6:55 pm

The 1970's were really the best.

First the actual cartoons... The Bugs Bunny Show.

Then the TV shows with real people in the cast.  Classics like "Oh Mighty Isis", "Land of the Lost", and "Big John, Little John".  :)

Written By: woops on 06/02/09 at 7:34 pm

Grew up in the '90's (ie Fox Kids)... though stopped watching when I got cable

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/04/09 at 7:41 pm

Grew up in the '90's (ie Fox Kids)... though stopped watching when I got cable

Kids don't watch cartoons anymore...they watch stuff like Hannah Montana and that sh..., which is really for preteens and young teens.  I see 6 year olds liking Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, and that sh...  The only cartoon I know they like is Spongebob.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/04/09 at 7:50 pm

My Saturday mornings consisted of a bowl of Cheerios and watching shows like The Smurfs, Snorks, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby Doo, The Get-Along Gang, Mr. T, JEM (whenever it came on!), and American Bandstand (OK, OK, so AB isn't a cartoon, but it was still a significant part of my Saturday mornings as a kid!)  :)

Written By: Michael C. on 06/04/09 at 8:27 pm

Loved to watchScooby Doo on Saturday mornings.
The New Scooby Doo Movies with animated guest stars like Batman & Robin , Don Knotts , Sonny and Cher , THe Harlem Globetrotters , Sandy Duncan , Mama Cass Elliot , Jonathan Winters , among others , was a lot of fun too.

http://www.retroland.com/pages/retropedia/tv/70s/?subcat_id=46
Check out this link to old Sat. Morning programming.

My Saturday mornings consisted of a bowl of Cheerios and watching shows like The Smurfs, Snorks, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby Doo, The Get-Along Gang, Mr. T, JEM (whenever it came on!), and American Bandstand (OK, OK, so AB isn't a cartoon, but it was still a significant part of my Saturday mornings as a kid!)  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/05/09 at 10:19 pm

Saturday morning cartoons were good in the early 90s, although it started to go downhill in the late 90s.

Check for new replies or respond here...