inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When GOOD TV shows get the ax

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/09 at 12:42 pm

So it looks like the CW has cancelled 'Reaper' and with the cancellation of 'Reba' a few years ago, it's my understanding that the folks over at CW are complete morons:  Get rid of all the good shows, and start producing more teen drama shows (cause we really need more of those) ::)

In 2008, NBC announced that 'Las Vegas' would not be returning for a 6th season (moves like this is why NBC is a low ranked network.  Way to go Jeff Zucker).  Hapilly though, TNT has picked up the rights to the series and has started filming a 6th season.  Specilation is that the 6th will be the last, but only the ratings will tell.

When MacGyver was cancelled in 1992 after 7 seasons, it was still a popular show.  So to please the public, ABC produced 2 made for TV movies.  Even that Master Card commercial in 2005 made fans want more MacGyver.  Apparently, there is a theatrical film in the works

Was there ever a show that got cancelled, that you wished hadn't been?

2 big ones for me was an ABC sitcom called 'Rodney' (2004-2006) starring comedian Rodney Carrington and a CBS sitcom called 'Ladies Man' (1999-2001) starring Alfred Molina, Sharon Lawrence and Betty White.  Both shows ran 2 seasons each before being cancelled.  In this day and age, it seems like CBS is the only network with sitcoms left.  It's mostly crime, medical and reality shows.  Not that I don't like the crime and medical shows, I'd like to see more sitcoms

Subject: Re: When GOOD TV shows get the ax

Written By: woops on 06/10/09 at 12:55 pm

"Do Over"

"Greg the Bunny"... Comedy Central would've been a better channel for it

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 4:14 pm

Well u know what I'm going to say... Before those morons at CW canceled reaper they Veronica Mars the axe. Season four sounded so promising.

ABC has a history of this too.
My so-called life
Pushing Daisies
The nine
Womens murder club

Fox
The inside
John doe
Drive
Terminator SCC

And

Wb/cw not sure who to blame but I wanna blame CW canceled a show I adored called Related.

I'm sure I've forgotten something important but that'll do for now.

Considering the cliffhanger ending of LV this is a smart move by TNT but they need to aevertise it better because this is the first I'd heard of plans for a 6th season.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/10/09 at 4:31 pm

I was kind of bummed about the Terminator show but they had way too many random terminators and humans time traveling all over, hard to keep track of any timeline that way :P  The plot was getting good though and it sorta played into the movie this summer.

I can't believe they canceled Reaper and no one picked it up.

I also think the last Star Trek show could've used an extension, the last season had some great episodes.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/10/09 at 6:16 pm

At the time of it's cancellation....Fans were outraged......Took out billboards on Buses.....petitions to the WB....
Now...with the success of Twilight...{a Girl & 2 Vampires Triangle}....I bet they wish they still had Angel {gee...a Girl,Buffy, & 2 Vampires, Spike and Angel.}on the air !!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/09 at 6:29 pm

Dead like me

Mulberry (a British sit-com)

Journeyman

Wonderfalls

Twilight Zone (hosted by Forest Whittacker)

Amazing Stories

Misfits of Science

The Bakery (they only made a pilot episode but it looked so good, I was disappointed that it didn't get picked up)

The Charmings

Hi Honey, I'm home

I'm sure there are others. 

Written By: anabel on 06/10/09 at 7:01 pm

At the time of it's cancellation....Fans were outraged......Took out billboards on Buses.....petitions to the WB....
Now...with the success of Twilight...{a Girl & 2 Vampires Triangle}....I bet they wish they still had Angel {gee...a Girl,Buffy, & 2 Vampires, Spike and Angel.}on the air !!!!

I never watched Buffy, but I've just started watching some of the Angel reruns on Sci-Fi.

There's a show that started out on CBS, called "Moonlight" about a vampire. It only lasted most of the first season, but now I think another network has picked it up. Maybe Sci-Fi? This guy is an immortal private investigator (sound familiar?) but this female newspaper reporter gets mixed up with him and I wasn't sure, but I think she's his dead wife or something.  Anyway, the actor is quite intriguing and I don't normally get into those kind of shows, but he made me watch.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BnOj0l4tXYk/SBq5zZ5RvJI/AAAAAAAABFw/yuTWEKy9YWo/s400/Sophia+Myles+Beth+Turner+Alex+O%27Loughlin+Mick+St+John+Moonlight+Sonata+Episode+%231x16.jpg

Written By: anabel on 06/10/09 at 7:03 pm

I also loved the show "Providence" I think it lasted 3 or 4 seasons, but I was so hooked on it.  I should get the dvds sometime.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/09 at 7:40 pm

They oughtta make a series based on the chick who does those Progressive Insurance commercials.

I'd tune in...  :P

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 7:50 pm

I never watched Buffy, but I've just started watching some of the Angel reruns on Sci-Fi.

There's a show that started out on CBS, called "Moonlight" about a vampire. It only lasted most of the first season, but now I think another network has picked it up. Maybe Sci-Fi? This guy is an immortal private investigator (sound familiar?) but this female newspaper reporter gets mixed up with him and I wasn't sure, but I think she's his dead wife or something.  Anyway, the actor is quite intriguing and I don't normally get into those kind of shows, but he made me watch.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BnOj0l4tXYk/SBq5zZ5RvJI/AAAAAAAABFw/yuTWEKy9YWo/s400/Sophia+Myles+Beth+Turner+Alex+O%27Loughlin+Mick+St+John+Moonlight+Sonata+Episode+%231x16.jpg

Girl you have got to start watching Buffy....one of the best written shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching!!!!  :)

Moonlight has/had a pretty devoted fan base but they weren't large enough to bring in the numbers.

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 7:59 pm

Dead like me

Mulberry (a British sit-com)

Journeyman

Wonderfalls

I'm sure there are others. 

Yeah Dead like Me and Wonderfalls (both Bryan Fuller creations like Pushing Daisies!!!)
How was the Dead Like Me movie Patty? I haven't watched it yet.

oh Journey Man is another good one.....

Allow me to also add Life to the list!

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/09 at 8:22 pm

Amazing Stories
The Charmings

I definately agree on those two.  In it's first season, 'The Charmings' was a hit which is why there was a Season 2, but in it's second season, ABC moved it against 'The Cosby Show'.  That's all it took for no one to tune in :\'(

The Charmings still sort of lived on in memory through the 90s.  Sternin & Fraser Ink, the production company responsible for 'The Charmings' recycled the cut to commercial fantasy music from that show and used it as music for their end title card on 'The Nanny', which they also co-produced

Written By: Michael C. on 06/10/09 at 8:30 pm

When My Daughter was around 9 or 10...I started buying Her the Buffy seasons on DVD.
At the time I only had Her every other weekend & 2 days a week after school,then back to Her Mothers. It became a bonding thing with Us to watch Buffy together,especially on weekends.
We watched the final season of Angel together.{I'd tape it then We'd watch.}
On Vacation weeks it wouldn't be unusual for Us to watch 8-10 hours a couple of the days watching Buffy & Angel.
Other than the obvious,bonding memories,I really came to appreciate the quality of the shows.The episodes,leading to the final Angel episode was great television.

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:33 pm

When My Daughter was around 9 or 10...I started buying Her the Buffy seasons on DVD.
At the time I only had Her every other weekend & 2 days a week after school,then back to Her Mothers. It became a bonding thing with Us to watch Buffy together,especially on weekends.
We watched the final season of Angel together.{I'd tape it then We'd watch.}
On Vacation weeks it wouldn't be unusual for Us to watch 8-10 hours a couple of the days watching Buffy & Angel.
Other than the obvious,bonding memories,I really came to appreciate the quality of the shows.The episodes,leading to the final Angel episode was great television.

such great writing on Buffy and Angel... .my only complaint about the DVDs is that the cross over eps are not included in the dvds....so if you watch season 4 of buffy you have to stop the disc and insert Season one of angel to watch the follow up episode....

I wish they would release a buffy angel (complete series box set) that would lay out all the episodes in order according to airdate....with the exception of Earshot which needs to be moved to its original planned Airdate rather than the order it actually aired....

Written By: woops on 06/10/09 at 8:39 pm

"Duckman" got  cancelled too soon since the final episode had a twst

Written By: nally on 06/10/09 at 10:49 pm

A few programs that readily come to mind for me (these are all from the 00s) that I thought were good:

That's Life, a drama on CBS that ran from October 2000 through mid-2002 (2 seasons). It was about a young woman in her 30s (played by Heather Page Kent) who calls off her engagement so that she can go back to college to earn a degree. I thought that the plot was kind of interesting, with a few interesting storylines here and there. But I got bummed when CBS decided to can it.

Courting Alex, a very short-lived sitcom that was on CBS in early 2006. It starred Jenna Elfman in the title role; I thought her character was quite witty, and some of the other characters had their humor, too....but CBS axed it after only eight episodes!! >:( It left most of its viewers wondering what was going to become of the characters and the storyline. (Two additional episodes had apparently been filmed, but never aired, due to Amazing Race taking its place on Wednesday nights.)

The Class, another CBS sitcom. It lasted for only one season on CBS (2006-07), and it was mainly about a group of eight elementary-school classmates having a reunion as young adults 20 years later (at least at the start)...and all eight of the main characters were somewhere in life. The finale ended on an up-in-the-air note; it was uncertain as to what would happen to the characters next, given the troublesome situations for some of them, and whether one guy in particular would go ahead and marry the lady he proposed to. I really enjoyed that program, especially since all 8 (later 7; one character had been axed mid-season) were close in age to me (as were the actors playing them).

Does anyone else remember these shows?

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/09 at 10:51 pm

^ I remember all of those.  I especially liked The Class.  It was nice to see Jasn Ritter follow the same path as his late father.  Hopefully another sitcom will come his way

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 10:54 pm

^ I remember all of those.  I especially liked The Class.  It was nice to see Jasn Ritter follow the same path as his late father.  Hopefully another sitcom will come his way

speaking of Jason Ritter.... Joan of Arcadia only got three seasons.  it should have gone Five!

Written By: nally on 06/10/09 at 10:55 pm

I agree. He was sure showing a lot of potential. :) He'd also had a starring role in the CBS drama Joan Of Arcadia, which was also short-lived (2003-06).

speaking of Jason Ritter.... Joan of Arcadia only got three seasons.  it should have gone Five!

that's right! :o

Written By: Melanie Lee on 06/11/09 at 1:59 pm

Lately it's seems that if I like a show, they cancel it!  Some I watched faithfully, others occasionally.  Recent cancellations that really bothered me:

Kings (NBC)
Eli Stone (ABC)
Pushing Daisies (ABC)
Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)

I might include "Life on Mars", too, except I think that was a limited run. 

And a little further back...

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (NBC)
Joan of Arcadia (CBS)
K-Ville (Fox)
Invasion (ABC)...somewhat

Written By: holicman on 06/12/09 at 7:23 pm

Freaks N Geeks unfortunately didnt go long enough, that was a great show :) Im not sure why they didnt look at making a 2nd season ??

Here in Australia Harpers Island got the axe after only 3 episodes....... I was looking forward to watching the rest of that.

There are a few more that didnt last as long as I hoped or didnt get a new season made but I will add them as I think of them.

This is a great topic :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/12/09 at 8:01 pm

Freaks and Geeks
My So-Called Life
Just the Ten of Us
Misfits of Science

I really wish those shows were on longer, maybe a couple more seasons.  :(

Written By: whistledog on 06/12/09 at 8:04 pm

Freaks and Geeks
My So-Called Life
Just the Ten of Us
Misfits of Science

I really wish those shows were on longer, maybe a couple more seasons.  :(

Just the Ten of Us.  I really miss that show.  It did have a 3 season run which wasn't bad, but it definately could've lasted a few more seasons.  I used to love all the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' references on that show LOL

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/12/09 at 9:29 pm

Nightmare Cafe starring Robert England (not as Freddy Kruger though).  All the episodes can be found on youtube.  I've liked them, just wish it had gone on longer.

Written By: 90steen on 06/12/09 at 11:08 pm

I know last year Alyssa Milano was gonna have her own show and i was really excited. It either got knocked off very fast or never even had the chance to start.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 11:13 pm

I know last year Alyssa Milano was gonna have her own show and i was really excited. It either got knocked off very fast or never even had the chance to start.

I went to the taping for a pilot of a sitcom starring Alyssa in April. I don't know if its getting picked up tho...it was pretty funny not great but better than most of the crappy sitcoms out there!

Written By: Criz on 06/13/09 at 5:51 am

I quite enjoyed watching The Class also.

The only show I was really gutted about them axing was The OC - I really loved that programme.

Written By: Mushroom on 06/13/09 at 12:00 pm

Yeah Dead like Me and Wonderfalls (both Bryan Fuller creations like Pushing Daisies!!!)
How was the Dead Like Me movie Patty? I haven't watched it yet.

I saw the movie the other night, and loved it.  It felt very much like the series, and I am already wanting more.

This would be one of my top choices of a show that ended much to soon.  Others are:

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica (both versions, 1980 was only good at the very end)

Planet Of The Apes

Sledge Hammer

Quark

Ohara

Hard Times On Planet Earth

Earth2

War Of The Worlds

Dark Shadows

Max Headroom

Kolchak (and it's reimaging "The Night Stalker")

The Night Gallery

Forever Knight

Æon Flux

The Lone Gunmen

Logan's Run

Johnny Quest

The Man From Atlantis

The Flash

Project UFO

Salvage 1

Soap

Hmmm, there seems to be a trend here.  8)

Written By: Satish on 06/13/09 at 2:24 pm

This topic has been done before on this board:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=10635.0

Sorry Davester, but I just had to do it!  ;D

Written By: Davester on 06/13/09 at 2:40 pm

As much as I loved it, Northern Exposure suffered after Rob Morrow left the show.  He was the heart and soul of the series...

Even though I didn't watch it in it's original run, a retroactive wish that Square Pegs would've continued longer.  Similarly, Freaks and Geeks...

For an animated series Cartoon Network's Justice League Unlimited could've stuck around longer, too.  That series started-off slow and became fantastic in only a single season...

Heh, okay Satish, I understand... :P

Written By: nally on 06/13/09 at 5:43 pm

As for game shows, I thought WinTuition (a GSN original series, 2002-03) was a good program; it tested contestants solely on educational material. In the 1980s there was the U.S.-based Million Dollar Chance Of A Lifetime which only lasted a couple of seasons, which I enjoyed watching as a little kid. I guess the rationale for axing these programs is due to the not-so-good ratings. :-\\

Written By: PIERSON2009 on 06/14/09 at 1:59 pm

ER, Third Watch, Will and Grace, Friends, Chicago Hope, Beverly Hills 90210, West Wing,

Written By: whistledog on 06/14/09 at 9:16 pm

ER, Third Watch, Will and Grace, Friends, Chicago Hope, Beverly Hills 90210, West Wing,

Those all had good runs though

Written By: Michael C. on 06/21/09 at 12:48 pm

I used to watch Las Vegas,I liked the charcters,the setting,storylines,etc.....But when James Caan left...It really wasn't the same. Tom Selleck seemed lost in the role.As much of a TV presence as He's been,Him & Vegas just weren't a good match,to Me.

In 2008, NBC announced that 'Las Vegas' would not be returning for a 6th season (moves like this is why NBC is a low ranked network.  Way to go Jeff Zucker).  Hapilly though, TNT has picked up the rights to the series and has started filming a 6th season.  Specilation is that the 6th will be the last, but only the ratings will tell.

Written By: anabel on 06/21/09 at 7:00 pm

I agree, Tom Selleck was not right for the show, and I think they knew he was just filling in for it's last season. I also never really saw any chemistry between Cheryl Ladd and James Caan.  But I really liked Josh Duhamel in it!  When I saw he was going to be in the 1st Transformers, I was sold. I'm glad he's in the new one too! 

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/2278/450/500/josh-duhamel.jpg

He's a cool dude, even if he is married to Fergie.  I've never really been a fan of Vanessa Marcil, (before this show, she was on General Hospital and her character was annoying) but I have to admit I liked her character on this show better, sometimes. She could be really mean though!

Now if there were a new season on TNT, would it have all the same people in it? Danny and Delinda didn't have their baby yet, I didn't think.....that must be the World's Longest Pregnancy!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/09 at 8:17 pm

I wonder if more shows will be cancelled in 2010 than were in 2008?

I hope that Wipeout never gets cancelled.

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/09 at 9:53 pm

I hope that Wipeout never gets cancelled.

It's shows like those as to why more and more scripted shows are getting the axe :(

Written By: Michael C. on 06/21/09 at 10:32 pm

Yeah....Ladd & Caan's scenes had no spark.

And...I believe.....the longest TV pregnancy is Bonnie on Family Guy......Her's lasted 6 & a half seasons !!  :)

I agree, Tom Selleck was not right for the show, and I think they knew he was just filling in for it's last season. I also never really saw any chemistry between Cheryl Ladd and James Caan.  But I really liked Josh Duhamel in it!   When I saw he was going to be in the 1st Transformers, I was sold. I'm glad he's in the new one too! 

Now if there were a new season on TNT, would it have all the same people in it? Danny and Delinda didn't have their baby yet, I didn't think.....that must be the World's Longest Pregnancy!  ;D

Written By: anabel on 06/21/09 at 11:08 pm

^ 6 1/2 seasons?  That's beyond torture!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/09 at 7:53 am

It's shows like those as to why more and more scripted shows are getting the axe :(

Well I'd watch a scripted show too, if it had Jill Wagner (the Wipeout babe and also the chick from the Mercury commercials) in it...  :P

Written By: Starde on 06/22/09 at 3:30 pm

The majority of those shows had a long run. If they had stayed on the air any longer, they would've gotten drained out. Seinfeld and Fraiser would also go on that list. Now good shows that got the ax:

The Class - I was bummed when they cancelled it. It was great seeing Jason Ritter follow in his father's footsteps. I thought the show was funny too.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - I mainly watched it because I love Matthew Perry, but I thought it was a good show.
My Own Worst Enemy - Ok, I was really bummed when it got cancelled because I honestly thought it had potential. I guess people just got too confused.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/22/09 at 5:00 pm

I am devastated by the cancellation of Life .  Possible the best show I have seen in decades.  :\'(

Written By: Michael C. on 06/22/09 at 7:02 pm

Yet....funny.... ;D
^ 6 1/2 seasons?  That's beyond torture!  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/22/09 at 7:23 pm

The majority of those shows had a long run. If they had stayed on the air any longer, they would've gotten drained out. Seinfeld and Fraiser would also go on that list.

That's true; those had good long runs. We're mostly discussing shows that were short-lived.

Now good shows that got the ax:

The Class - I was bummed when they cancelled it. It was great seeing Jason Ritter follow in his father's footsteps. I thought the show was funny too.

My sentiments exactly. I enjoyed other things about the show as well, as I mentioned in my earlier posting.

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:26 am

I agree, Tom Selleck was not right for the show, and I think they knew he was just filling in for it's last season. I also never really saw any chemistry between Cheryl Ladd and James Caan.  But I really liked Josh Duhamel in it!   When I saw he was going to be in the 1st Transformers, I was sold. I'm glad he's in the new one too!  

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/2278/450/500/josh-duhamel.jpg

He's a cool dude, even if he is married to Fergie.  I've never really been a fan of Vanessa Marcil, (before this show, she was on General Hospital and her character was annoying) but I have to admit I liked her character on this show better, sometimes. She could be really mean though!

I would watch "Las Vegas" early its showcyle sometimes and it was a good show.

The last time I saw Vanessa Mercil was when my Mom was flipping through the channels and Vanessa on some "Lifetime" network program.

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:32 am

Beverly Hills 90210 its still on but with a new breed of actors and actresses and some of the old cast from the 1990-2000 stint of 90210 are also on the new 90210 like Jennie Garth(Kelly Taylor) or Tori Spelling(Donna Martin.)

Written By: Satish on 06/24/09 at 4:35 pm

"The Critic" was a funny cartoon from the mid 90s that I thought was on too short. It was so clever and witty!:

http://www.tv.com/The+Critic/show/2265/summary.html

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 8:03 pm

I would watch "Las Vegas" early its showcyle sometimes and it was a good show.

The last time I saw Vanessa Mercil was when my Mom was flipping through the channels and Vanessa on some "Lifetime" network program.

vanessa did a couple of guest appearances last season on Without a trace, and also on the final couple of eps of Lipstick Jungle....

did I mention that Lipstick Jungle should be revived by Lifetime!

Written By: woops on 06/27/09 at 3:39 pm

"The Critic" was a funny cartoon from the mid 90s that I thought was on too short. It was so clever and witty!:

http://www.tv.com/The+Critic/show/2265/summary.html

It's a good show and agree that it could've lasted a few more seasons

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/09 at 12:27 am

"Duckman" got  cancelled too soon since the final episode had a twst

I was f**king CRAZY about Duckman!  I guess Jason Alexander didn't want to do it anymore...

The Simpsons paved the way for Duckman, while Duckman paved the way for so many great cartoons on Adult Swim.  I especially miss The Oblongs.  They still rerun the series, but I wish it could have lasted longer.  It was one of a few programs seriously dealing with class issues!
;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 1:35 pm

so happy.... CBS picked up Medium! Here's hoping they don't screw it up... last season was one of its strongest seasons to date....

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/16/09 at 9:15 pm

I was f**king CRAZY about Duckman!  I guess Jason Alexander didn't want to do it anymore...

The Simpsons paved the way for Duckman, while Duckman paved the way for so many great cartoons on Adult Swim.  I especially miss The Oblongs.  They still rerun the series, but I wish it could have lasted longer.  It was one of a few programs seriously dealing with class issues!
;D

I agree!  I freakin' loved that cartoon.

so happy.... CBS picked up Medium! Here's hoping they don't screw it up... last season was one of its strongest seasons to date....

Me too! 

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/09 at 9:16 am

A good show that got cancelled too soon was 'My Sister Sam' starring Pam Dawber and Rebecca Shaeffer.  In it's first 2 seasons, it was in the Top 30 ratings, but midway through it's 2nd season, CBS moved it to Saturday against NBC's successful comedy block, and ratigns sank faster than the titanic.

Alot of people think the show was cancelled due to Shaeffer's brutal murder, which is incorrect.  She died roughly one year after the show ended

I got a Warner Brothers commemorative DVD that came with Season 1 of Full House and on it is an episode of My Sister Sam.  Really made me want that show to come to DVD.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/22/09 at 2:00 am

I really liked the US version of Life On Mars, which only ran a little over half a season before ABC decided to sh*tcan it.

Not only did they end it abruptly, but they did so with a series finale that was totally cheesy and contrived.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/09 at 7:21 am

And yet, drivel such as "Kendra" is still on the air.  ::)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/23/09 at 10:32 pm

I was really mad to hear that Without a trace was not coming back although, cant say i was a fan of all the inner office romance crap..... I did LOVE JACK though... The stories were great so that bummed me out and............ MY NAME IS EARL...
If no one picks it up, how the hell witll I know who Joy had the baby with since it wasnt Crabmans???
LOL
I dont care what others thought, it was crude but.... funny as all hell, something my boyfriend and I could enjoy together... and besides, I think I have a larger crush on Joy then he does... LOL

Written By: Womble on 07/25/09 at 2:00 pm

I was really mad to hear that Without a trace was not coming back although, cant say i was a fan of all the inner office romance crap..... I did LOVE JACK though... The stories were great so that bummed me out and............ MY NAME IS EARL...
If no one picks it up, how the hell witll I know who Joy had the baby with since it wasnt Crabmans???
LOL
I dont care what others thought, it was crude but.... funny as all hell, something my boyfriend and I could enjoy together... and besides, I think I have a larger crush on Joy then he does... LOL

Me too. It's bad enough when a favorite show of mine gets cancelled and worse when the storylines aren't resolved before the shows end.

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/09 at 3:20 pm

LOL

without a trace may... may mind you... come back as a midseason replacement. Don't count them out until Jan/Feb/March 2010

nbc's shows are screwed because of the stupid Jay Leno contract.. I'm boycotting Leno on principle.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/09 at 3:21 pm

Me too. It's bad enough when a favorite show of mine gets cancelled and worse when the storylines aren't resolved before the shows end.

yeah I hate that too....

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/25/09 at 11:19 pm

without a trace may... may mind you... come back as a midseason replacement. Don't count them out until Jan/Feb/March 2010

nbc's shows are screwed because of the stupid Jay Leno contract.. I'm boycotting Leno on principle.  >:(

Wow... Im hoping that Without a trace does get another chance... LOve love love them.  Thanks for the heads up... even if it is a MAY.....
I will boycott Nbc too... i think it is so wrong what they are doing at NBC... Wonder what will happen with the Law and Orders???

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/09 at 11:21 pm

Wow... Im hoping that Without a trace does get another chance... LOve love love them.  Thanks for the heads up... even if it is a MAY.....
I will boycott Nbc too... i think it is so wrong what they are doing at NBC... Wonder what will happen with the Law and Orders???

its the only franchise making them money so they moved SVU to 9pm and L&O to 8pm... they're keeping CI on USA I think

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/09 at 10:14 pm

I agree!  I freakin' loved that cartoon.

It's still the only cartoon to achieve the old Addams Family black humor.  Sort of a cross between the Addams Family and Married With Children...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEz4z6ZJgTU

Written By: nally on 07/27/09 at 10:20 pm

Agreed.

The Class on CBS was like that. So one of the main characters proposed to the other one and she accepted; that's nice. But would they have gone on to get married if the show continued? And what about the deal with the one gal's middle aged husband? Did he recover from his heart attack or did she go back to her high school boyfriend? And what about the other main characters...who knows what would have transpired with them.

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/09 at 10:22 pm

Wow... Im hoping that Without a trace does get another chance... LOve love love them.  Thanks for the heads up... even if it is a MAY.....

What I was hoping NBC would do was start prime time at 7:00, but they didn't.  They axed a few shows to make room for Leno

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/09 at 10:36 pm

I wonder what is going to happen with the popular series 'Flashpoint' for our American fans?  It is not listed in the Fall 2009 schedule on CBS, but will air in the Fall 2009 schedule on CTV in Canada (as it is a Canadian show)

According to websites and forums I have read, CBS will still air the third season, they just don't know when ::)

Season 1 of 'Flashpoint' is coming to DVD 8)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/29/09 at 2:23 am

I wonder what is going to happen with the popular series 'Flashpoint' for our American fans?  It is not listed in the Fall 2009 schedule on CBS, but will air in the Fall 2009 schedule on CTV in Canada (as it is a Canadian show)

According to websites and forums I have read, CBS will still air the third season, they just don't know when ::)

Season 1 of 'Flashpoint' is coming to DVD 8)

Flashpoint??? that the show that the guy from Just shoot me is on????

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/29/09 at 12:28 pm

I can't believe that both "The Goode Family" and "Surviving Suburbia" got the ax as well!

They were such good shows!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/09 at 6:50 pm

The cancellation of "Cavemen" was also a travesty.

Written By: whistledog on 07/29/09 at 9:22 pm

Flashpoint??? that the show that the guy from Just shoot me is on????

That is the one yes.

The cancellation of "Cavemen" was also a travesty.

That show was destined to be cancelled.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/31/09 at 2:02 am

That is the one yes.

That show was destined to be cancelled.

CBS isnt going to keep flashpoint??? that is a good show.  I thought it was doing good.
I liked surv suburbia too... it barelty got a chance.... damn, theres nothign good left on tv.....
Thank goodness Dexter will be back soon.

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/09 at 10:14 am

CBS isnt going to keep flashpoint??? that is a good show.

They are going to keep it, they just don't know when they will air the next season.  It's not in the Fall 2009 schedule
If you live close to the Canadian border, you may be able to watch it on CTV, otherwise you'll have to wait until CBS decides to air it.  Speculation is early 2010

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/01/09 at 1:47 am

well, the thing about Flashpoint is, I live close to Canada, in Buffalo but, with outr cable co... we arent allowed to see some of the certain programs that they run on like CFTO tv... Maybe they will allow it, if not, while u are watching that, Ill be watching infomercials!

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/09 at 10:52 am

I guess I was wrong.... CBS has apparently canceled Without a trace... sorry

Putting all speculations to rest once and for all, CBS has finally announced the cancellation of ‘Without a Trace‘. The rumors were rife about the fate of this police procedural drama for a long time and fans were apprehensive about its renewal. It is not the only show to bear the onslaught by the executives of CBS, as many other shows have also been cancelled.

Though various reasons have been cited for the cancellation, I guess, recession is the major cause behind the termination of “Without a Trace’. The network has renewed the series ‘Numb3rs‘, because the production of ‘Numb3rs‘ costs far less then the estimated cost for the production of ‘Without a Trace‘.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/01/09 at 11:19 am

Some of my favorite cartoons, like Eon Kid and the original Pokemon have been given the ax... and do we really need more gross comedies like Chowder?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/01/09 at 11:04 pm

What the heck is Chowder??? Man, I am way out of the loop

Written By: Pucca on 08/01/09 at 11:07 pm

"Chowder" is about an obese cat-like creature that likes to eat and is an apprentice to some baker

Also is to be  cancelled  8) :D (For Good!)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/01/09 at 11:32 pm

Wow... Im hoping that Without a trace does get another chance... LOve love love them. 

Not likely, the actress that played the character Elena (one of the main FBI agents) is now on a new series.  I thought that Marie Jean Baptiste (the African-American FBI agent) was on a new series (called Warehouse 13 on the syfy channel) but I was wrong, as it is in fact, C. H. Pounder instead.

Written By: haleym8826 on 08/25/09 at 8:47 pm

Ahh lets see here.

Moonlight
Drive
Windfall
Life on Mars
Reaper
Privileged
The Nine
Eli Stone
Pushing Daisies
Kyle XY
My Own Worst Enemy
Knight Rider (The New One)
Crusoe
I think The Unusuals got the ax too
Kings
Lipstick Jungle

And for this season here are some that I think will be great but will most likely be cancelled

Modern Family
V
Day One
Flash Forward
Eastwick
Mercy

The truth is that they don't want us to watch good TV shows. That and allot of people are too obsessed with reality TV (and yes I admit that I am too). Also Now that allot of people have DVRs they can record their shows ans recording the show doesn't qualify you as being a viewer but when you have other shows that you want to watch or other things that you need to do recording your shows is all you can do so even if you record it today and watch it tomorrow, you weren't watching it when it counted so it will always seem like there are less viewers than there really are.

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/09 at 6:17 am

Ahh lets see here.

Moonlight
Drive
Windfall
Life on Mars
Reaper
Privileged
The Nine
Eli Stone
Pushing Daisies
Kyle XY
My Own Worst Enemy
Knight Rider (The New One)
Crusoe
I think The Unusuals got the ax too
Kings
Lipstick Jungle

And for this season here are some that I think will be great but will most likely be cancelled

Modern Family
V
Day One
Flash Forward
Eastwick
Mercy

The truth is that they don't want us to watch good TV shows. That and allot of people are too obsessed with reality TV (and yes I admit that I am too). Also Now that allot of people have DVRs they can record their shows ans recording the show doesn't qualify you as being a viewer but when you have other shows that you want to watch or other things that you need to do recording your shows is all you can do so even if you record it today and watch it tomorrow, you weren't watching it when it counted so it will always seem like there are less viewers than there really are.

They also aren't considering the online viewing numbers the way they should.

Btw with the exception of knight rider that's a great list. Almost all my favorite shows on the last couple of years are on it.
You have good taste!

Written By: nally on 08/27/09 at 10:54 am

Lipstick Jungle

That one's going to be short-lived as well?? I know it wasn't all that long ago when it premiered.

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/09 at 10:57 am

That one's going to be short-lived as well?? I know it wasn't all that long ago when it premiered.

It got cancelled during season 2

Written By: Stompgal on 08/28/09 at 8:55 am

On Wednesday, I heard that Big Brother was going to be axed after next year's series. I've enjoyed this year's series and I'm gutted to see it go, even though I've only watched series 2, 3 and 4 (the best series before this year's) and Celebrity Big Brother 6 in full.

Written By: haleym8826 on 08/28/09 at 2:33 pm

Well Tam and I pretty much watch everything--me more than her. I do have a very wide range in taste.

Yeah it lasted 2 seasons. Tam was very upset about that one.

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/09 at 2:35 pm

Well Tam and I pretty much watch everything--me more than her. I do have a very wide range in taste.

Yeah it lasted 2 seasons. Tam was very upset about that one.

Lipstick Jungle was a good show... I was hoping that Lifetime would pick it up since they're doing more original programming but they didn't  :(

Written By: BrandyBlue on 10/26/09 at 11:46 am

"Do Over"

"Greg the Bunny"... Comedy Central would've been a better channel for it

THAT SHOW ROCKED!!!

I also loved "Dinosaurs", "Stressed Eric", "Liquid Television" and more recently, "My Name is Earl"  I miss "Earl"!  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...