inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stephanie Meyer vs Stephen King!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/23/09 at 12:40 pm

Let the debate begin!

http://www.filmgecko.com/really-stephen-king-stephenie-meyer-cant-write-worth-a-darn/

Subject: Re: Stephanie Meyer vs Stephen King!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/23/09 at 12:45 pm

By the way, seen Twilight, the movie, it was ok, but I like Salem Lot, the movie, better.

The vampire is far more creepier!

Written By: Jessica on 06/23/09 at 2:38 pm

No interest in "Twilight" and it's huge screaming fanbase, but Stephen King needs to STFU.  Some of his books have been crap, some of his movies have been crap, and half of the new material he does create is all for the money.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/09 at 3:48 pm

I think this is like comparing apples to oranges.  Meyer's is a good writer for those who don't like over descriptive, long winded horror dramas.  King does has some pretty good books although some of them are painful reading.  As I recall King doesn't like Harry Potter books either.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/23/09 at 7:29 pm

I really like both authors, but I do admit I didn't like what Stephen said about Stephenie.  :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/23/09 at 7:48 pm

I think this is like comparing apples to oranges.  Meyer's is a good writer for those who don't like over descriptive, long winded horror dramas.  King does has some pretty good books although some of them are painful reading.  As I recall King doesn't like Harry Potter books either.

Actually, he does, going as far to say, that J.K. Rowling, is a better writer, than Stephanie Mayer.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/09 at 12:19 pm

love Stephanie.....don't love Stephen King so much. I never could really get into his stuff.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/24/09 at 3:28 pm

Actually, he does, going as far to say, that J.K. Rowling, is a better writer, than Stephanie Mayer.

Far better writer however he really doesn't like either of them.

Check for new replies or respond here...