inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Meaning of "Over The Hill"...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/09 at 5:08 pm

Well, I think over the past few months I have come to experience what "over the hill" may mean, personally.  :o

In the past year, three of my contemporaries (two friends, and one Michael Jaxon) died from sudden heart attacks.  All of them were a tad younger than me, all around 50 years old.

I'm used to friends drowning, getting run over by cars, driving off a cliff, and that sort of thing, but heart attacks?  Geeze.

SO I am thinking that the definition of "over the hill" is when your old buddies start passing from heart attacks.  :-\\

Odd though... my Mother has maybe 3 friends left that are alive.  She lost one just the other day, at the age of 89.  They used to play together when they were 4 and kept in touch regularly for all those 85 years.  Pretty much same thing happened with my Dad, he lived to be 86 years old, but by that time hardly any of his buddies were still with us.  :-\\

I had actually hidden the death of one of my buddies from my Mom, because she would not like the bad news.  But when her friend passed away, I told her about my buddy Bruce and somehow it actually set her at ease... she was not the only person who lost somebody that day, I guess.  :-\\

Subject: Re: The Meaning of "Over The Hill"...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/09 at 7:44 pm

It's like I always say, there is no life, only death on the installment plan!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

Mr. Jackson is probably a bad variable to throw into the equation.  If you're 6' 1", weigh 125 pounds, and take $10,000 worth of prescription drugs a month, you're probably not long for this world at any age.
:( 

Check for new replies or respond here...