inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I wouldn't put it past them..could happen...!

Written By: saver on 06/28/09 at 7:18 pm

Maybe it's a trial balloon but first there was a 'rumor' California would have to charge more or just eliminate selling black cars as they consume more energy and make you use your air  conditioner more....ok so why not make air conditioners easier to run ?

So now, it is being tossed around that all cars should be required to have tinted windows because of the sun factor heating cars too much through CLEAR windows!

Already discussed as well, was California roof MUST be painted or covered in white tiles to cut the heat attraction etc...

aRGGGGGGGh!

Speak up!!

Subject: Re: I wouldn't put it past them..could happen...!

Written By: Jessica on 06/28/09 at 10:03 pm

Maybe it's a trial balloon but first there was a 'rumor' California would have to charge more or just eliminate selling black cars as they consume more energy and make you use your air  conditioner more....ok so why not make air conditioners easier to run ?

Snopes is your friend:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/darkcars.asp

So now, it is being tossed around that all cars should be required to have tinted windows because of the sun factor heating cars too much through CLEAR windows!

I call BS on this one because tinted windows all over the car are illegal.

Already discussed as well, was California roof MUST be painted or covered in white tiles to cut the heat attraction etc...

aRGGGGGGGh!

Speak up!!

This is slightly true.  Google it.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/28/09 at 10:04 pm

Silly Arnold......

aRGGGGGGGh!

Speak up!!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/28/09 at 10:12 pm

aRGGGGGGGh!

Speak up!!

I'm trying to see your point, but fail to. Perhaps a news article link or something to back up/corroborate your pov? or a Babelfish translation service for "saver to English"?

If I'm getting what you're getting at (which is unlikely since I'm not a cryptologist), some in Cali would tax/ban black paint/surfaces because it/they absorbs heat, but propose tinted windows to reduce heat pollution?  ???  In that case they better get to painting the thousands of miles of asphault highways, as well as make forest fires illegal.

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 06/28/09 at 10:14 pm

Snopes is your friend:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/darkcars.asp

Thanks Jess. I should have known better.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 06/28/09 at 11:53 pm

or a Babelfish translation service for "saver to English"?

Ant

someone's got some karma coming!  ;D

Written By: saver on 06/29/09 at 12:14 am

I'm trying to see your point, but fail to. Perhaps a news article link or something to back up/corroborate your pov? or a Babelfish translation service for "saver to English"?

If I'm getting what you're getting at (which is unlikely since I'm not a cryptologist), some in Cali would tax/ban black paint/surfaces because it/they absorbs heat, but propose tinted windows to reduce heat pollution?  ???  In that case they better get to painting the thousands of miles of asphault highways, as well as make forest fires illegal.

Ant

I just followed through looking at the 'snopes' comments..It said it was a rumor to actually ban the cars by color..BUT THE comment was mostly false..the California Air Resource Board had brought up what may be done to curb the warming and discussion and 'future' discussion is scheduled regarding paint and windows.

I did address this topic as a curiosity whether anyone else would believe it could happen.

So don't fault me on this one...the dark color of the car or dark roofs would usually make people utilize their air conditioners more contributing to unhealthy factors..extra electricity use hasn't been connected to black topped roads as of yet.

Just as the stupidity continues with the CARB..they must have had a part in allowing  the cancer causing MTBE into CA gas but after experts warned them, they allowed it THEN 10 years later told them they are wrong..so we'll see if someone will convince them to worry about coal burning  plants and not residents to curb their excessive destruction.  

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 1:12 am

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Grigg_bucket/Tools-You.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/29/09 at 1:18 am

^ :D :D WIN

Written By: Jessica on 06/29/09 at 11:11 am

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Grigg_bucket/Tools-You.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!  Oh holy hell, you so get karma. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/09 at 11:41 pm

^
^
^
Meee threee!!!!

;D

Black Cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m39piBT2vE

Check for new replies or respond here...