inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Many to blame for looking other way in MJ death, so...

Written By: saver on 07/03/09 at 5:12 am

Lately as fingers wave at MD's and people who could supply MJ with drugs for whatever(apparently he had a $48,000 a month medicine bill).

Should we also include investigative reporter(i.e. Martin Bashire?) for not exposing the possible early stages of any addictions Michael had?
All he had to do was ask one question..'how much medication do you take?'

Martin WAS in a position to ask this compared to a music interview or the like.
After seeing the rerun of the interview Martin did, that caused a stir years ago..he pointed out Michael's features changing even asking about cosmetic surgery..all questions were available to ask it seemed and yet MARTIN NEVER ASKED that!

He wouldn't have been accusing MJ of addiction, I guess it could be bunched in with- 'You know as many music Superstars(Elvis, Lennon),rose to great acclaim , they were brought down by drugs, DO YOU TAKE ANY/MANY to keep up with the pace of your lifestyle?'
If he said no..maybe today we would be called MJ a 'deeply troubled' human..if he honestly said 'YES', help may have surfaced.

Subject: Re: Many to blame for looking other way in MJ death, so...

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 7:59 am

so six years ago Martin Bashir should have had a psychic vision and asked a question no one knew needed to be asked.... .right....

MJ had surgery but you don't normally expect some one who's had some work done to be on medication long term... there's the initial recovery period but its not like with a back injury where you're taking several pills a day for years... even with the extent of the surgery MJ had... one wouldn't think there would be long term exposure to pain meds because if plastic surgery hurt that much no one would do it...

and... MJ was not honest about his surgery in the first place so if Bashir had asked the question what makes you think MJ would have answered honestly?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/09 at 8:46 am

Martin Bashir was and is a complete scum bag.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 8:48 am

Martin Bashir was and is a complete scum bag.

I'm not saying he wasn't I'm just saying you can't blame him for what happened last week 

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/09 at 8:52 am

I'm not saying he wasn't I'm just saying you can't blame him for what happened last week 

I will say that MJ was responsible for his actions.  But Bashir was one of thousands of "media" personnel who worked 24/7/365 to make MJ's life a living hell, all to make a buck.

MJ drove down a road to ruin, and Bashir was part of the crew that laid the bricks.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 8:55 am

I will say that MJ was responsible for his actions.  But Bashir was one of thousands of "media" personnel who worked 24/7/365 to make MJ's life a living hell, all to make a buck.

MJ drove down a road to ruin, and Bashir was part of the crew that laid the bricks.

the more mj made a spectacle of his life the more he invited the attention...

and saver's point is not the constant attention and hounding of the press lead to MJ's addiction... saver asks if Bashir should shoulder some responsibility because his "documentary" never included drug references...... those dots are so far apart I could drive a truck thru there before you'd ever even think of connecting them.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/03/09 at 9:07 am

Lately as fingers wave at MD's and people who could supply MJ with drugs for whatever(apparently he had a $48,000 a month medicine bill).

Should we also include investigative reporter(i.e. Martin Bashire?) for not exposing the possible early stages of any addictions Michael had?
All he had to do was ask one question..'how much medication do you take?'

Martin WAS in a position to ask this compared to a music interview or the like.
After seeing the rerun of the interview Martin did, that caused a stir years ago..he pointed out Michael's features changing even asking about cosmetic surgery..all questions were available to ask it seemed and yet MARTIN NEVER ASKED that!

He wouldn't have been accusing MJ of addiction, I guess it could be bunched in with- 'You know as many music Superstars(Elvis, Lennon),rose to great acclaim , they were brought down by drugs, DO YOU TAKE ANY/MANY to keep up with the pace of your lifestyle?'
If he said no..maybe today we would be called MJ a 'deeply troubled' human..if he honestly said 'YES', help may have surfaced.

Your'e a joke!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/09 at 9:10 am

and saver's point is not the constant attention and hounding of the press lead to MJ's addiction... saver asks if Bashir should shoulder some responsibility because his "documentary" never included drug references...... those dots are so far apart I could drive a truck thru there before you'd ever even think of connecting them.

Oh I agree with you there.  Whether or not Bashir would have asked that question is pretty much irrelevant.

I just wanted to add my two cents that Bashir is a scum bag.  Actually, if one considers the classic definition of a scum bag, he is even worth less than that.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 9:14 am

Oh I agree with you there.  Whether or not Bashir would have asked that question is pretty much irrelevant.

I just wanted to add my two cents that Bashir is a scum bag.  Actually, if one considers the classic definition of a scum bag, he is even worth less than that.

I do not disagree  ;D

Your'e a joke!

hmmm I also agree with this!  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/09 at 9:40 am

Why can't we just let Michael rest in peace?

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 9:50 am

Why can't we just let Michael rest in peace?

because savers like a dog with a bone

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/09 at 9:52 am

Reminds me of that one dude who used to frequent the politics board with the Bud Ice Penguin avatar.  Forget what his name was

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 9:53 am

Reminds me of that one dude who used to frequent the politics board with the Bud Ice Penguin avatar.  Forget what his name was

iquestion?  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/09 at 10:03 am

iquestion?  ;)

No not him.  It was someone else.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 10:04 am

No not him.  It was someone else.

that's okay I like my answer  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/03/09 at 10:57 am

Truer words were never spoken typed.

Written By: saver on 07/03/09 at 2:12 pm

Your'e a joke!

Hah...you wsh.

My point can be well taken based on the 'interview' that had many howling at Bashir for all the pressing questions he put on Michael's back to crack WHATEVER Michael's trip was about..As many called MJ a freak for having a chimp and wearing facemasks..how could you not ask- NOT, if you're taking drugs? BUT what keeps your stamina with such a heavy schedule,what do you do to keep it together ...Unless Martin had no idea of the 'rock singer' scene?

As for as other responses saying the dots are so far apart to get into that, why DIDN'T that come up in such an interview? TOO PERSONAL OF A QUESTION? I think not ..not after there've been interviews where featherweight host throws in such  personal questions to a big name celeb.. such as -what kind of underwear they wear?     

If someone is doing an 'expose' on someone..that area may be worth uncovering.

And yes, MJ was responsible for what he did(I've heard other radio hosts comment they blame 2 people-the parents)..
The Martin B interview just stood out because it was as if HE were trying to corner MJ.

Written By: saver on 07/03/09 at 2:16 pm

When the can is open, I feed from it with my comments..

At least I am not following the masses out there following every step of the burial..already(Fri) 24 Trucks/vans from worldwide news are positioned in front of STAPLES CENTER..the ceremony isn't until Tues.!

Written By: Jessica on 07/03/09 at 3:24 pm

At least I am not following the masses out there following every step of the burial..already(Fri) 24 Trucks/vans from worldwide news are positioned in front of STAPLES CENTER..the ceremony isn't until Tues.!

That can be debated, since you keep posting about every little detail having to do with Michael Jackson.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/09 at 4:21 pm

At least I am not following the masses out there following every step of the burial..

Well if you want the ultimate in MJ coverage, regardless of whether the stories have been vetted or not... regardless of how intrusive or crass the story may be...

Tune in to The Insider each night, hosted by her hotness, Lara Spencer :-*  .  Ever since MJ passed away they have turned up the volume to 11 on the MJ coverage.  They have even suspended Lara's "wardrobe cam" segment to make room for the endless MJ intrusions coverage.

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/09 at 5:39 pm

How do we know you are not in one of those trucks, posting to inthe00s from your Wi Fi enabled laptop?

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/03/09 at 9:07 pm

Hah...you wsh.

My point can be well taken based on the 'interview' that had many howling at Bashir for all the pressing questions he put on Michael's back to crack WHATEVER Michael's trip was about..As many called MJ a freak for having a chimp and wearing facemasks..how could you not ask- NOT, if you're taking drugs? BUT what keeps your stamina with such a heavy schedule,what do you do to keep it together ...Unless Martin had no idea of the 'rock singer' scene?

As for as other responses saying the dots are so far apart to get into that, why DIDN'T that come up in such an interview? TOO PERSONAL OF A QUESTION? I think not ..not after there've been interviews where featherweight host throws in such  personal questions to a big name celeb.. such as -what kind of underwear they wear?       

If someone is doing an 'expose' on someone..that area may be worth uncovering.

And yes, MJ was responsible for what he did(I've heard other radio hosts comment they blame 2 people-the parents)..
The Martin B interview just stood out because it was as if HE were trying to corner MJ.

I repeat:  You're a joke!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/03/09 at 9:31 pm

Wait, what was going on in this thread again?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 1:05 am

That can be debated, since you keep posting about every little detail having to do with Michael Jackson.

I kissed a girl and I like it....  :-*  ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 1:05 am

SHAMON!

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 1:06 am

Wait, what was going on in this thread again?  ???

saver's posting nonsense and we keep giving him the attention he craves... so... same ole same ole

Written By: Jessica on 07/04/09 at 1:14 am

;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 1:15 am

SHAMON!  DYANO!  HOO!

Written By: Michael C. on 07/04/09 at 9:10 pm

;D

Written By: saver on 07/05/09 at 8:49 pm

I repeat:  You're a joke!

In this case, I am posting a mix of comments and news to be commented on.

I will take back an earlier remark about the parents top blame as by reviewing the whole picture, they seem tohave a few good upstanding kids that didn't resort to living with chimps and hanging around kids.

***ALERT: A new tape has been released of Michael being interviewed with lawyers(do I have to find the tape?) I heard it on KFI-AM 640 in the 2-3pm. hour and as the interviewer asks questions as to if Michael moslested or had contact with MacCauley Culkin, HIS LAWYER jumps in not letting MJ answer...Hmmm...if someone asked me if I had contact with Mac, I think 'without' asking a lawyers permission, I could talk of how much I liked his work, enjoy watching him act and wouldn't mind shaking his hand!
But MJ....has to pause and get the go ahead for some reason....something DOES smell wrong here..

Here's something I can post: GOOD OLD TMZ POSTED THIS TODAYON R-NY PETE KING CALLING MJ A PEDOPHILE...
I am starting to find articles that have the TMZ letters behind them to be a little more credible than some of the other posters here who haverolled their eyes when TMZ is sited.

Congressman on Jackson: 'He Was a Pedophile'
Posted Jul 5th 2009 6:54PM by TMZ Staff

Congressman Pete King (R-NY) feels we should be honoring the men and women of the Armed Forces -- and not a "pedophile" and "child molester" like Michael Jackson.

Standing in front of the American Legion in Wantagh, King ripped into America's celebration of the life of Michael Jackson -- instead of the people who serve in the military.

It's safe to say King wasn't one of the 1.6 million people who signed up for memorial tickets.

FROM SAVER:
Have a Happy July 5th Y'All! I'll let you handle the MJ news from here on..as some seem to think what I profess is more than what has been revealed on the street.

It sure is the talk on my streets, to call it a joke..guess you'll have to get out of 'your bubble' and smell the coffee!

Written By: whistledog on 07/05/09 at 8:55 pm

Someone asked a question today:  "If they play 'Thriller' at the funeral, will MJ's corpse rise from the coffin?"

I know it's wrong, but it made me chuckle. 

This whole funeral is gonna be a big spectacle.  The fact that they are holding it at the Staples Center is utterly ridiculous.  Whatever happened to a church?

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 8:59 pm

In this case, I am posting a mix of comments and news to be commented on.

I will take back an earlier remark about the parents top blame as by reviewing the whole picture, they seem tohave a few good upstanding kids that didn't resort to living with chimps and hanging around kids.

***ALERT: A new tape has been released of Michael being interviewed with lawyers(do I have to find the tape?) I heard it on KFI-AM 640 in the 2-3pm. hour and as the interviewer asks questions as to if Michael moslested or had contact with MacCauley Culkin, HIS LAWYER jumps in not letting MJ answer...Hmmm...if someone asked me if I had contact with Mac, I think 'without' asking a lawyers permission, I could talk of how much I liked his work, enjoy watching him act and wouldn't mind shaking his hand!
But MJ....has to pause and get the go ahead for some reason....something DOES smell wrong here..

Here's something I can post: GOOD OLD TMZ POSTED THIS TODAYON R-NY PETE KING CALLING MJ A PEDOPHILE...
I am starting to find articles that have the TMZ letters behind them to be a little more credible than some of the other posters here who haverolled their eyes when TMZ is sited.

Congressman on Jackson: 'He Was a Pedophile'
Posted Jul 5th 2009 6:54PM by TMZ Staff

Congressman Pete King (R-NY) feels we should be honoring the men and women of the Armed Forces -- and not a "pedophile" and "child molester" like Michael Jackson.

Standing in front of the American Legion in Wantagh, King ripped into America's celebration of the life of Michael Jackson -- instead of the people who serve in the military.

It's safe to say King wasn't one of the 1.6 million people who signed up for memorial tickets.

FROM SAVER:
Have a Happy July 5th Y'All! I'll let you handle the MJ news from here on..as some seem to think what I profess is more than what has been revealed on the street.

It sure is the talk on my streets, to call it a joke..guess you'll have to get out of 'your bubble' and smell the coffee!

whether MJ did or didn't molest those kids... and just to be clear... I am convinced he did which is why I am pissed I have to defend him to your sorry ass but whatever....

doesn't matter if he did or didn't any defendant in a case is going to be told by the lawyers not to answer any questions related to the case period... it has no reflection on the person's guilt or innocence... you don't want them saying anything that can be twisted and misconstrued by the prosecution...  ::)

Written By: saver on 07/06/09 at 8:18 pm

whether MJ did or didn't molest those kids... and just to be clear... I am convinced he did which is why I am pissed I have to defend him to your sorry ass but whatever....

doesn't matter if he did or didn't any defendant in a case is going to be told by the lawyers not to answer any questions related to the case period... it has no reflection on the person's guilt or innocence... you don't want them saying anything that can be twisted and misconstrued by the prosecution...  ::)

Among other things:

Phil Spectors lawyers complained the jury SHOULD NOT have info from the other women(which was given) that he waved guns at them..
I found that bizarre that THAT was requested from his ;awyers!

With MJ interviewed...they asked about his relationships..what's he got to hide that could be twisted...me or any other would say, 'Hey, I like MacCauey or ??'
we hung out at a fair but for the lawyers to jump in as he hesitates..there is something BEHIND the curtain..too obvious.

But let's all watch the rest play out..thatks for the comment and view snozz.

Sounds like much more ahead..surprisingly that (NY) Rep. has people on his side whenthey interviewed towns people on his MJ WAS A MOLESTER comments.
Been fun taking the chat this far.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/06/09 at 8:33 pm

Someone asked a question today:  "If they play 'Thriller' at the funeral, will MJ's corpse rise from the coffin?"

This whole funeral is gonna be a big spectacle.  The fact that they are holding it at the Staples Center is utterly ridiculous.  Whatever happened to a church?

We don't have any churches in LA that can hold 20,000+ fans mourners.  Besides, AEG, the firm that was handling MJ's upcoming concert tour, operates the Staples Center and donated the venue time for the event.  (I wonder if they get a cut of the on-site program, memorabilia, hot dog, and beer sales?) ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/06/09 at 8:35 pm

That would be kinda cool...  8)

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/09 at 8:40 pm

We don't have any churches in LA that can hold 20,000+ fans mourners.  Besides, AEG, the firm that was handling MJ's upcoming concert tour, operates the Staples Center and donated the venue time for the event.  (I wonder if they get a cut of the on-site program, memorabilia, hot dog, and beer sales?) ???

I don't think they'll have hot dogs and beer.  The last thing you wanna hear is a man in the stands yelling "Hot dogs, get yer hot dogs" during the moment of silence

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 8:40 pm

Among other things:

Phil Spectors lawyers complained the jury SHOULD NOT have info from the other women(which was given) that he waved guns at them..
I found that bizarre that THAT was requested from his ;awyers!

With MJ interviewed...they asked about his relationships..what's he got to hide that could be twisted...me or any other would say, 'Hey, I like MacCauey or ??'
we hung out at a fair but for the lawyers to jump in as he hesitates..there is something BEHIND the curtain..too obvious.

But let's all watch the rest play out..thatks for the comment and view snozz.

Sounds like much more ahead..surprisingly that (NY) Rep. has people on his side whenthey interviewed towns people on his MJ WAS A MOLESTER comments.
Been fun taking the chat this far.

there's only one z in snoz.

and you are still an idiot... here's hoping you never get arrested for anything because you will dig your own grave...there is a reason why you are told you have the right to remain silent... any attorney worth his salt will tell you to STFU whether you are guilty or innocent because they don't need you making a case for the opposition one way or the other....

Written By: saver on 07/06/09 at 9:05 pm

there's only one z in snoz.

and you are still an idiot... here's hoping you never get arrested for anything because you will dig your own grave...there is a reason why you are told you have the right to remain silent... any attorney worth his salt will tell you to STFU whether you are guilty or innocent because they don't need you making a case for the opposition one way or the other....

NO IDIOT HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING..NOT - A -THING TO HIDE!

Too any 'other' idiots out there trying to skirt the law...you have the right etc.. is when you are arrested but on a tv show being grilled you can say whatever but then you are exposed for the 'sneak' you are..

Can't pin something on someone who is innocent.
Nice try to twist it ..You ask me who I was with and why..I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT SOMEONE TO ANSWER!

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:11 pm

NO IDIOT HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING..NOT - A -THING TO HIDE!

Too any 'other' idiots out there trying to skirt the law...you have the right etc.. is when you are arrested but on a tv show being grilled you can say whatever but then you are exposed for the 'sneak' you are..

Nice try to twist it ..You ask me who I was with and why..I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT SOMEONE TO ANSWER!

nope...there isn't one innocent person sitting in prison because his words got twisted against him... 

Written By: saver on 07/06/09 at 9:23 pm

nope...there isn't one innocent person sitting in prison because his words got twisted against him... 

Then there's something wrong with some of the system..not the people.

I know a guy who was given a traffic citation for a u-turn..but instead of a u he crossed into a shopping lot..the judge favored the cop and the 'victim' exposed the corrupt system..

I would be sure to do the same if it came to that..name names, expect the individuals firing  and what goes along with it.

I've heard it first hand..it happens, but the innocent pay.. even if you don't say anything..you can be put away..but MJ was high profile and we CAN decide if we don't buy it.
Rodney King showed us too.

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:32 pm

Then there's something wrong with some of the system..not the people.

I know a guy who was given a traffic citation for a u-turn..but instead of a u he crossed into a shopping lot..the judge favored the cop and the 'victim' exposed the corrupt system..

I would be sure to do the same if it came to that..name names, expect the individuals firing  and what goes along with it.

I've heard it first hand..it happens, but the innocent pay.. even if you don't say anything..you can be put away..but MJ was high profile and we CAN decide if we don't buy it.
Rodney King showed us too.

again you're posting incongruent thoughts

the citation violation is unrelated to professing innocence or clamming up, as is your right, when arrested.....

you've heard what first hand?

yes the innocent can be put away if they talk or if they don't talk but the idea is that the defendant is presumably innocent until proven guilty and a defendant cannot be required to take the stand in their own defense this is why most defendants never take the stand. Your lawyer will never ask you if you are guilty or innocent. They don't want to know. They are going to defend you as though you are innocent and protect you from  potentially incriminating yourself in anyway...

What did Rodney King show us?  its hard to follow an "argument" with one who refuses to be clear when attempting to make  a point.

what was it someone suggested... a saver to english dictionary? yeah... where can we get one of these? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 1:57 pm

So Rodney King did an illegal U-turn in a parking lot and handed Michael Jackson the Diprovan?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/confused5.gif

Written By: Paul on 07/07/09 at 4:45 pm

I caught a bit of this earlier (110% tacky, but what do you expect?) and would love to have seen a MJ lookalike slowly emerge from that box in a quiet moment and do a little moonwalking (and sending a few onlookers to heart-palpitating nirvana!  :D)

If Jacko had the kind of warped sense of humour I have, then he'd have arranged all this years ago!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 6:52 pm

I always found it ironic how he started to resemble one of the zombies from Thriller in his later years. 

Part of his problem was by the end he was 5' 11" and 108 lbs.  What that man needed was not more Diprovan, but a Hoagie with extra mayo! 

Joking aside, I think Michael really did suffer with a kind of body dysmorphic disorder (something I fought with a lot when I was younger) and showed once again money can't buy you happiness.
:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/09 at 11:02 pm

"If you give me six lines written by the most honest man, I will find something in them to hang him."
  - Cardinal Richelieu (1585-1642)

This isn't a political point.  This has even less to do with Michael Jackson.  This is for everyone, from kings and queens to the scum of the earth.

There's a reason why Regent University's Prof. James Duane's video "Don't Talk To the Police" is referred to by everyone from the neo-nazis at Stormfront to the potheads at cannabis.com to the nerds at technorati.com and the pirates/crackers at Astalavista... and that's just the first page of Google's search results for Don't Talk To Cops.

Part 1.
Part 2.

It's because it crosses political, national, and generational lines.  It's been true for at least 500 years, and it'll be true for at least another 500 years. 

Homework:  Speaking of queens, read the transcripts of the Larry Craig arrest/interrogation and count how many times Sen. Craig incriminated himself without knowing it.  (Bonus:  They're hilarious!)  The moral of the story is that even someone as guilty as Craig might have gotten away with it, had he only Shut. The. Hell. Up.

Extra Credit:  Watch COPS, ("ON FOX!") every week, and take a sip of your favorite BEvERage for every time the suspect digs himself deeper into legal trouble by "explaining himself" rather than saying "Am I under arrest?  Am I being detained?  Am I free to go?"  "I understand that I'm under arrest.  I'd like to speak to a lawyer."  (PROTIP:  Don't even think about driving.  In fact, don't make any plans for the rest of the night that involve walking.)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/09 at 7:17 am

Part of his problem was by the end he was 5' 11" and 108 lbs.  What that man needed was not more Diprovan, but a Hoagie with extra mayo! 

I think that hoagie already got him into enough trouble....

Written By: danootaandme on 07/08/09 at 7:47 am

The question I want asking is why no one stopped old Joe from beating MJ when he was a kid.  I get the feeling Mom may have done her best to stand in the way, but what about his older brothers, what about Berry Gordy and Smokey.  How long did that go on?  Joe Jackson is a sick sorry excuse for a human being.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/09 at 8:02 am

The question I want asking is why no one stopped old Joe from beating MJ when he was a kid.  I get the feeling Mom may have done her best to stand in the way, but what about his older brothers, what about Berry Gordy and Smokey.  How long did that go on?  Joe Jackson is a sick sorry excuse for a human being.

Joe was the gatekeeper to the money.  That's why.

Written By: Jessica on 07/08/09 at 2:32 pm

Sorry, I have to post this:

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/celebrity-pictures-sharpton-jackson-exploit-death.jpg?w=450&h=350

Written By: Tam on 07/08/09 at 7:20 pm

First and foremost.............
I want my 5 minutes of fame as well so...........

I AM THE EGG DONOR!!!! ;D

Ok, now that I have gotten that out of my system!!! :D

Seriously, I have a good post that I am working on for this thread, and since it has gone way off topic, my post should fit in nicely. Not to mention that my next post in this thread will take it even further off topic. Oh well. C'est la vie. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/09 at 7:33 pm

First and foremost.............
I want my 5 minutes of fame as well so...........

I AM THE EGG DONOR!!!! ;D

Ok, now that I have gotten that out of my system!!! :D

Seriously, I have a good post that I am working on for this thread, and since it has gone way off topic, my post should fit in nicely. Not to mention that my next post in this thread will take it even further off topic. Oh well. C'est la vie. :P

Well in that case, Tam, do you think the next time you could warm up that test tube a little more?

Damn thing was cold.

Written By: Tam on 07/08/09 at 7:34 pm

Well in that case, Tam, do you think the next time you could warm up that test tube a little more?

Damn thing was cold.

Haha!

We made some beautiful kids didn't we? ;D :D ;D :D

Written By: Marian on 07/08/09 at 8:10 pm

Damn thing was cold.
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/faga7.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elefant.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/egypt1.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/dogrun.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/09 at 8:22 pm

Damn thing was cold.

It ain't safe to do THAT with a test tube, LB!
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/09 at 10:21 pm

It ain't safe to do THAT with a test tube, LB!
8)

One man, one tube.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/09 at 10:22 pm

"If you give me six lines written by the most honest man, I will find something in them to hang him."
  - Cardinal Richelieu (1585-1642)

This isn't a political point.  This has even less to do with Michael Jackson.  This is for everyone, from kings and queens to the scum of the earth.

There's a reason why Regent University's Prof. James Duane's video "Don't Talk To the Police" is referred to by everyone from the neo-nazis at Stormfront to the potheads at cannabis.com to the nerds at technorati.com and the pirates/crackers at Astalavista... and that's just the first page of Google's search results for Don't Talk To Cops.

Part 1.
Part 2.

It's because it crosses political, national, and generational lines.  It's been true for at least 500 years, and it'll be true for at least another 500 years. 

Homework:  Speaking of queens, read the transcripts of the Larry Craig arrest/interrogation and count how many times Sen. Craig incriminated himself without knowing it.  (Bonus:  They're hilarious!)  The moral of the story is that even someone as guilty as Craig might have gotten away with it, had he only Shut. The. Hell. Up.

Extra Credit:  Watch COPS, ("ON FOX!") every week, and take a sip of your favorite BEvERage for every time the suspect digs himself deeper into legal trouble by "explaining himself" rather than saying "Am I under arrest?  Am I being detained?  Am I free to go?"  "I understand that I'm under arrest.  I'd like to speak to a lawyer."  (PROTIP:  Don't even think about driving.  In fact, don't make any plans for the rest of the night that involve walking.)

KARMA +1

Q.  What do you say to a cop?
A.  As little as possible.

Like the cop in the video was saying, everybody wants to tell their story.  That's their problem.  Don't tell yours.  In my limited interactions with cops, I've never benefited from offering information.  One time a cop pulled me over for speeding.  I thought I'd make myself look like a responsible citizen:

Officer Piggie: You were going 46 in a 30 zone.  Any reason you were going that fast, sir?
Maxwell:  No sir, I just saw the sign and realized I needed to slow down...
Officer Piggie: Oh, so you were slowing down at 46?

I clammed up.  See?  I was a candid, upstanding motorist and all the cop did was use it against me.

Well, he did let me off with a warning.  

If it's a traffic stop and the officer's going to arrest you for something, his decision is final once he radios his commanding officer.  So, when he walks back to your car after the initial inquiry and asks you to step out, that's the time to REALLY zip it and lock it.  You won't get off the hook and you'll probably get yourself in deeper sh*t!
:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...