inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OK Legal Eagles..SC serial killer killed ..bullets in gun matched etc...

Written By: saver on 07/06/09 at 9:09 pm

Question, do you think they will trace the gun to someone who gave/sold it to him and charge them, as he was a felon(Unless the gun was stolen etc) ...or are they finished with the case now that they got him?

(PLUS, they are looking to others he may have harmed,so that continues.) :-\\

Subject: Re: OK Legal Eagles..SC serial killer killed ..bullets in gun matched etc...

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:53 pm

I probably shouldn't respond to this and just let it die but oh well...

Question, do you think they will trace the gun to someone who gave/sold it to him and charge them, as he was a felon(Unless the gun was stolen etc) ...or are they finished with the case now that they got him?

so your thread title tells me that a South Carolina serial killer is killed..... but
Where is the back story?
Who is "he"?
What case?
How are they finished with him?

the other question I have is what did the bullets match? was this nameless serial killer killed with a gun and those bullets match or did they find a gun him and match them to other crimes and that's how they know he was a serial killer?  and if this is the case how do we know it was his gun and not planted on him?

and I assume the They looking for others are law enforcement officials...but who are they looking for? Victims of the so called serial killer or victims of the person this so called serial killer was killed by?

How can anyone come in here and have a rational debate with you about this topic when you don't bother to lay out any details?

what am  I just supposed to jump to conclusions and let yo lambaste me because I have the details wrong?

This is your thread ... it is your job to inform us clearly about the topic.

Subject: Re: OK Legal Eagles..SC serial killer killed ..bullets in gun matched etc...

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 10:00 pm

so your thread title tells me that a South Carolina serial killer is killed..... but
Where is the back story?
Who is "he"?
What case?

the other question I have is what did the bullets match? was this nameless serial killer killed with a gun and those bullets match or did they find a gun him and match them to other crimes and that's how they know he was a serial killer?  and if this is the case how do we know it was his gun and not planted on him?

and I assume the They looking for others are law enforcement officials...but who are they looking for? Victims of the so called serial killer or victims of the person this so called serial killer was killed by?

How can anyone come in here and have a rational debate with you about this topic when you don't bother to lay out any details?

what am  I just supposed to jump to conclusions and let yo lambaste me because I have the details wrong?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/quantities_of_win.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 10:09 pm

Oh, and saver:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/silver_plattered.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:09 pm

;D

Written By: saver on 07/07/09 at 3:57 am

Where is the back story?
Who is "he"?
What case?

I'm totally understandng now that you HAVE to be living in a cave with newscopy delivered to you have eaten by a mountain goat!
To put it mildly.

You think I make this crap up??? Apparently the blogging of an already known NATIONAL topic, that had half of a state squirming in fear of being the next possible victim of 5 random killings would require the killers identity, MO, and underwear size before you can comment on an issue of - should the supplier of the gun to this(known),felon be brought to justice?

Get with the program, unless you have someone read you the NATIONAL concerned stories of the day and it's their day off!

No wonder 'the few' namecallers and doubters can follow my strategy to get conversation of the 'topic' going rather than what 'I' think!     

I knew it would fall into place..I make a statement, -THEY want names and places- If I thought the names/places meant anything to the story or what the guy did for a living,I would have included it- IT DOESN'T MATTER! JUST COMMENT !!! A felon had a gun,cops killed him..do we continue to hunt for the guy who gave him the gun...UH???....maybe HE STOLE THE GUN TOO!!!

I'm going back to the real world of 2009, where people get the updated news every 5 minutes online or by listening to the radio or tv! Heck, I was on a city bus when a guy jumped up and said 'HEY EVERYBODY, MICHAEL JACKSON DIED!' Then left at the next stop! Gosh, I should have asked who is this guy the town crier?! I better confirm what this 'nut' just said! 

..When you catch up on the 'art of conversation and modern communication' maybe we will all finally be on the same page!   

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 7:47 am

So they can charge the person who sold/gave or he stole the gun from with being an accessory to murder?  Being that this man was a career criminal he would have had to have lie to the person in order to get the gun.  So, was the person who sold/gave him the gun doing it in good faith based on a lie?  There was only one perpetrator in this case and that is the one who went on the murdering spree.  So there may be others he harmed.  What would you suggest law enforcement do?  Go after his Grandmother's half-brother who lives in Sandusky Ohio or wherever to try and seek justice. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 10:22 am

I'm totally understandng now that you HAVE to be living in a cave with newscopy delivered to you have eaten by a mountain goat!
To put it mildly.

You think I make this crap up??? Apparently the blogging of an already known NATIONAL topic, that had half of a state squirming in fear of being the next possible victim of 5 random killings would require the killers identity, MO, and underwear size before you can comment on an issue of - should the supplier of the gun to this(known),felon be brought to justice?

Get with the program, unless you have someone read you the NATIONAL concerned stories of the day and it's their day off!

No wonder 'the few' namecallers and doubters can follow my strategy to get conversation of the 'topic' going rather than what 'I' think!     

I knew it would fall into place..I make a statement, -THEY want names and places- If I thought the names/places meant anything to the story or what the guy did for a living,I would have included it- IT DOESN'T MATTER! JUST COMMENT !!! A felon had a gun,cops killed him..do we continue to hunt for the guy who gave him the gun...UH???....maybe HE STOLE THE GUN TOO!!!

I'm going back to the real world of 2009, where people get the updated news every 5 minutes online or by listening to the radio or tv! Heck, I was on a city bus when a guy jumped up and said 'HEY EVERYBODY, MICHAEL JACKSON DIED!' Then left at the next stop! Gosh, I should have asked who is this guy the town crier?! I better confirm what this 'nut' just said! 

..When you catch up on the 'art of conversation and modern communication' maybe we will all finally be on the same page!     

just because you are apparently aware of the inner workings of the ins and out of what qualifies for news in SC doesn't mean I am... I think it presumputious to think everyone in the country is aware of the story... and hey- what about our members from other countries? Think this is national news for them too? or should they be excluded from the discussion because they aren't in America? I'm sure they'd have a lot to contribute if they knew what the hell you were talking about...

truth is I could have looked up the story if I wanted to but that's not my responsibility. you want to start a topic? Then stop posting mid-freaking thought and let people know what the heck you are talking about.

I stand by my original argument. You provided no details and your thought process once again is not linear. Its hard to have a rational discussion with a fragmented person...

pulll yourself together and comeback with information... details and fact... and then we can discuss this.

Or am I supposed to subject myself to that crap fest Fox News or that opinionated Bitch Nancy Grace to get the details... sorry but I've seen what watching this crap has done to your brain and I, for one, intend on keeping my cerebellum in tact.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 10:50 am

Didn't even post a source or a link or a periodical or anything :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 1:52 pm

I heard something about this on the news.

If the gun vendor did knowingly and willingly sell a firearm to a convicted felon, then the vendor should be charged accordingly.  The only way I can see prosecutors being able to charge the gun dealer -- assuming he bought the gun from a legit dealer -- with accessory to murder is if they can prove the gun dealer knew the buyer was going to murder a person with the gun he was selling.  In other words, chances are fat, slim, and zilch.

Check for new replies or respond here...