inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teletoon Retro's "We aren't responsible for this program's content" Disclaimer!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/18/09 at 9:54 pm

Gotta love the old WB cartoons.  I watched them as a kid and so did my mother.  I enjoy watching them uncut on Teletoon Retro but everytime I see them they present this odd "we aren't responsible for this program's content" disclaimer that says "The following program is true to the time period in which it was created.  The views expressed do not reflect those of Teletoon.  VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!"

::) What's wrong with saying "WARNING THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM HAS LANGUAGE AND CONTENT WHICH IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG AND IMPRESSIONABLE VIEWERS!! WE STRONGLY ADVISE BOTH VIEWER AND PARENTAL DISCRETION!!?"

Subject: Re: Teletoon Retro's "We aren't responsible for this program's content" Disclaimer!

Written By: Michael C. on 07/18/09 at 10:53 pm

Seems a bit extreme......I think a lot of Looney Tunes humor goes right over the heads of most Kids....
What's next ? A disclaimer before EVERY Movie made before 1950 ?
Uh..Oh....There were the "free love" 60's...Let's apologize for that....Make sure the Disclaimers on those too.....And they say The 70's were the "Me" years.......That's just rude....Put that disclaimer on 70,s flicks too....
While We're at it...let's put an apology before Movies relied heavily on CGI...."We apologize that the Film You're about to watch looks more primative than what You're used to.Had We known We could have done it better...We'd have waited to make this Motion Picture  ;)  ;D

Gotta love the old WB cartoons.  I watched them as a kid and so did my mother.  I enjoy watching them uncut on Teletoon Retro but everytime I see them they present this odd "we aren't responsible for this program's content" disclaimer that says "The following program is true to the time period in which it was created.  The views expressed do not reflect those of Teletoon.  VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!"

::) What's wrong with saying "WARNING THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM HAS LANGUAGE AND CONTENT WHICH IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG AND IMPRESSIONABLE VIEWERS!! WE STRONGLY ADVISE BOTH VIEWER AND PARENTAL DISCRETION!!?"

Subject: Re: Teletoon Retro's "We aren't responsible for this program's content" Disclaimer!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/19/09 at 12:27 am

Seems a bit extreme......I think a lot of Looney Tunes humor goes right over the heads of most Kids....
What's next ? A disclaimer before EVERY Movie made before 1950 ?
Uh..Oh....There were the "free love" 60's...Let's apologize for that....Make sure the Disclaimers on those too.....And they say The 70's were the "Me" years.......That's just rude....Put that disclaimer on 70,s flicks too....
While We're at it...let's put an apology before Movies relied heavily on CGI...."We apologize that the Film You're about to watch looks more primative than what You're used to.Had We known We could have done it better...We'd have waited to make this Motion Picture  ;)  ;D

It did when I was a kid.  I don't normally laugh at some of what's going on today because it's just not funny to me but the old style Warner Brothers cartoons? I can laugh at those for hours.  I don't like how ABC cut some of the scenes out of these old cartoons because people's attitudes are different now.

I remember watching Southern Fried Rabbit  where he disguises himeself as a slave and begs Yosemite Sam not to beat him and I remember saying "mommy! That's racist!"  My mom said "it wasn't racist at the time."

Written By: woops on 07/19/09 at 1:44 am

Not to mention the cartoon DVDs that states that they're not suitable for children and the written disclaimers... (no joke)  :P

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/19/09 at 2:02 am

Not to mention the cartoon DVDs that states that they're not suitable for children and the written disclaimers... (no joke)  :P

I watched the Older Warner Brothers cartoons when I was a kid even though I didn't quite understand it.    My mother watched the older Waner Brothers cartoons when she was the same age I was.

I don't really get why the network has to write such a complicated disclaimer when they can simply say "this program is for adults 18 years of age or older.  It may contain content of a graphic nature and is not suitible for all family members.  VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!"

Check for new replies or respond here...