inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hell's Kitchen - new season started 7/21/09

Written By: snozberries on 07/22/09 at 7:47 pm

I don't feel like finding my last Hell's Kitchen thread so here is a new one...

The new season kicked off last night with two- reality laced, controversy filled episodes.

upon first observation... there are far more tools, ho's, ditzes and idiots in this one... I think the producers found a new casting director because there is narly a likable character in the group.

and the stereotypes are even more grandiose than before this takes from my fun of watching Chef Ramsey pick on them...before they were wanna be chefs who had some skill but no idea what how to use it.... now I feel like these are all wanna be reality TV stars who... maybe... can cook...  I am sad.

Oh I'm not gonna stop watching-  ;) but I'm still sad!

It's too early to really allign myself with anyone contestant.  Nor have I memorized them all yet.

theres MELINDA  the bimbo-y type who assumes Paris like poses in front of Gordon when he is about to taste her dish...she made him "poached lobster w/o the lobster tail" then she pouts when he's angry.... fortunately she's gone...

there's AMANDA the college party chick who is 27 so too old to play this role but she just wants to get Gordon to do a shot of tequila with her...  ::)

two black chicks LOVELY & TENELLE both playing angry black woman to the hilt... well one is playing angry and inept... the other plays annoyed and inept.

(a bunch of women who still blend into the woodwork)

the gay guy TONY who has all the cliche commentary... I'd call it color commentary....but that's too easy.

JIM who seems the most normal- and has the most astute observations... thank god for the sane white guy- (don't mind me the class I'm taking is making me more vocal about this stuff than I would probably normally be...)

there's the  backwoods cowboy VAN he's from Texas- usually you think of Texans as being a bit more savvy...well I do... so I guess we're supposed to think he's from Georgia or something... he starts off great. kind of simple and unassuming.. He could bowl you over with his "AW-SHUCKS" charm and good ole boy smile..... but then he meets Jean Phillipe. I don't know if its because JP is Belgian, Metro-sexual, or just plain threatening to Van but Van went off on JP like JP has no place telling him what to do.  In  Van's mindset JP is just a fancy waiter...not even that- he's a well dressed bus boy or dish washer.... I have news for you Van... bus boys, dish washers and waiters are as important as chefs to the any restaurant... more so even because if not for them you can not turn over tables. nor would you have anything to serve  your overrated over priced food on....  ::) 

Plus JP is the second most important person in Hell's Kitchen... It is Gordon's Restaurant but it is JP's Dining Room. Gordon knows that... he stays out of the dining room and JP stays out of the kitchen... sure Gordon yells at JP from time to time but he totally respects him. Gordon knows if JP didn't do his job well then Gordon's restaurant would be an utter and complete failure...

Finally there's that TOOL - JOSEPH... I can't figure this guy out. He is so angry and combative. He argues with everything Gordon has to say... the thing is this guy was supposedly a marine... um... MARINES take orders and they never, ever question or challenge their platoon leader. My guess is this guy was never really a marine, or he was dishonorably discharged for insubordination... I hope he goes next week but the producers may like the drama and decide to keep him around...

Oh and ROBERT's back... Robert that fat ass from last season... look I am the last person to be ragging on people's fat asses but he's the first one to admit it and since he seems justified in referring to people's "Coke Bottle" glasses and shyt I'm gonna call him a fat ass.  He seems, and Gordon also seems to have forgotten just how bad Robert sucked...and how often he was actually close to getting kicked out of the kitchen last season (he quit the final 4 - i think it was final 4- due to health reasons)  So he makes two or more mistakes last night and people are shocked that he doesn't..... um.... carry his weight  ;)  behind the grill.

::)

yeah okay I have pontificated enough about Hell's Kitchen... tune in next week when I rip into some more dumb asses...  ;D

Subject: Re: Hell's Kitchen - new season started 7/21/09

Written By: ninny on 07/23/09 at 8:10 am

I watched it...Robert was sweating his ass off again..It was funny when Van was trying to act all Texan and macho. I didn't really find anyone that got my interest, but we have several weeks left.

Written By: karen on 07/23/09 at 8:23 am

I just finished telling Elizabeth what happened in the second part.  We let her stay up to find out who won the shrimp peeling contest.

I couldn't figure out why Robert got back into the show.  I wouldn't have said he was likely to win if he hadn't been forced to leave.  :-\\  (Did he seem even bigger this year?)

Van and JP were so funny.  At first it was like JP was the parent and Van was the sulky child.  "Look at me when I'm talking to you"!  And then, when Chef was talking to them, they were both like little kids bickering.  ;D

It will be interesting to watch what happens between Joseph and Gordon.  I really didn't get why Joseph thought Gordon called him a bitch.  Did he mishear something or did I miss something?

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/09 at 11:03 am

I just finished telling Elizabeth what happened in the second part.  We let her stay up to find out who won the shrimp peeling contest.

I couldn't figure out why Robert got back into the show.  I wouldn't have said he was likely to win if he hadn't been forced to leave.   :-\\  (Did he seem even bigger this year?)

Van and JP were so funny.  At first it was like JP was the parent and Van was the sulky child.  "Look at me when I'm talking to you"!  And then, when Chef was talking to them, they were both like little kids bickering.   ;D

It will be interesting to watch what happens between Joseph and Gordon.  I really didn't get why Joseph thought Gordon called him a bitch.  Did he mishear something or did I miss something?

its about American Machismo...  you didn't miss it...it was implied because...well... Joseph is a bitch  ::)

I don't know if he seemed bigger. I'd hoped with his health problems he might come back smaller.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/09 at 8:44 pm

I couldn't figure out why Robert got back into the show.  I wouldn't have said he was likely to win if he hadn't been forced to leave.  :-\\  (Did he seem even bigger this year?)

I know what you mean, if they were going to bring anyone back it should have been Ji.  I think he is just there for drama. 

This should be a fun season, though.  They all seem to be ready for a fight.  I can't wait to see if Gordon kills the Marine. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/09 at 8:54 pm

I know what you mean, if they were going to bring anyone back it should have been Ji.  I think he is just there for drama. 

This should be a fun season, though.  They all seem to be ready for a fight.  I can't wait to see if Gordon kills the Marine. ;D

Thank you! I couldn't think of her name.... I kept thinking Jing Mae but that was a character on ER  ::)

yeah she seemed to have the potential to have gone the distance.

Written By: karen on 07/25/09 at 8:13 pm

its about American Machismo...  you didn't miss it...it was implied because...well... Joseph is a bitch  ::)

It's just to me bitch is an insult you would only really direct towards a female.  I think that's why Gordon is so confused

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/09 at 9:55 pm

It's just to me bitch is an insult you would only really direct towards a female.  I think that's why Gordon is so confused

yeah it has another connotation with men... but in a way its calling out a man on his masculinity so it is an insult.  but its fun watching men use it with each other...

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/09 at 9:52 am

I was disappointed that Gordon didn't hand Joseph his butt last night, but good for Gordon for acting mature.    I did laugh at Gordo's ending comment of "I'm no one's bitch" ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/09 at 9:16 pm

I was disappointed that Gordon didn't hand Joseph his butt last night, but good for Gordon for acting mature.    I did laugh at Gordo's ending comment of "I'm no one's bitch" ;D

yeah...that was a bit...ant climatic wouldn't you say? I thought for sure he was going to not eliminate anyone up front but I guess he saved it for the end...

I was so proud of Ariel stepping up the way she did both in the challenge and in the dinner service... I hope she holds strong... she and Jim (well maybe Kevin) are the only ones I like... I like Tek but I don't think she's a strong chef...

and how long am I going to have to suffer through Andy, Lovely and Tennelle?  And if Gordon makes one more...the dish isn't lovely joke... I swear. The poor girl has had to deal with that crap her whole life... trust me... I know... now she has to hear it on national TV too!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 4:32 pm

So so glad to see Lovely go last week.

Tek was royally screwed this week. If Tennille works in freakin steak house why the heck wasn't she running the grill?
At this point the only girl I like is Arielle. Of the guys? Kevin Jim and the guy with the broken hand.

Btw that guy - with the cast- reminds of a comic from the 80s anyone else think so. And can anyone come up with the name of the guy I'm thinking of?  I'm totally drawing a blank.

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 5:00 pm

Oops.. I'm behind....

YAY!!!! Robert's finally gone... he was even more obnoxious than he was last season.

And now Amanda. Amanda deserved to go home- but so does Andy.

I'm with the Ladies Suzanna needs to go home as well...
I wonder if the producers "bribed" to create drama....  because the way she threw the team under the bus was totallly uncalled for...

and who expected Tenelle to come out the strongest chef for the women?

I suspect we'll see Kevin and Dave in the finals.... and I don't know about the women... Arielle is still my favorite.

hmmm is anyone watching Top Chef? I wanna start a top chef thread too!!! 

Written By: karen on 09/04/09 at 8:13 pm

I only caught the elimination this week - missed the whole service.

Suzanne should go I think.

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 8:53 pm

I only caught the elimination this week - missed the whole service.

Suzanne should go I think.

Oh its avail on Hulu... you should watch just for the service to see how horrible she was to the her team mates!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/04/09 at 9:27 pm

Suzanne needs to go like yesterday.  Her attitude stinks. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 9:27 pm

Suzanne needs to go like yesterday.  Her attitude stinks. 

exactly!!!

Written By: ninny on 09/05/09 at 11:31 am

Oops.. I'm behind....

YAY!!!! Robert's finally gone... he was even more obnoxious than he was last season.

And now Amanda. Amanda deserved to go home- but so does Andy.

I'm with the Ladies Suzanna needs to go home as well...
I wonder if the producers "bribed" to create drama....  because the way she threw the team under the bus was totallly uncalled for...

and who expected Tenelle to come out the strongest chef for the women?

I suspect we'll see Kevin and Dave in the finals.... and I don't know about the women... Arielle is still my favorite.

hmmm is anyone watching Top Chef? I wanna start a top chef thread too!!!   

I still watch when I can.I missed the first half so was not aware why Robert left,,Suzanna is a problem. I keep wondering how long Van will fly under the radar.

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 12:21 pm

I still watch when I can.I missed the first half so was not aware why Robert left,,Suzanna is a problem. I keep wondering how long Van will fly under the radar.

exactly! Van is a loose cannon, not too bright and not a great chef.....did you see the ep when he kept leaving the plastic wrap on the fish he cooked?  ::)

I hate to say it but neither Van nor Tenelle have the demeanor to pull off head chef at a resort... so I stand with Kevin and Dave from the men and Arielle and (maybe) Sabrina for the women  as the best chefs in the competition.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/07/09 at 10:09 am

I'm hoping for "Kitchen Nightmares" to be back on again because they show Ramsey (Is that his name)? go to many restaurants and find a lot of sheesh and why they aren't doing any business. And after a week...most of those restaurants come back.

Written By: ninny on 09/09/09 at 9:02 am

Goodbye Andy..hopefully next week goodbye Suzanna. Tenelle needs to tone her attitude down just a touch, and what the hell is happening to Sabrina, she has gone way down hill.

Written By: snozberries on 09/09/09 at 10:32 am

Goodbye Andy..hopefully next week goodbye Suzanna. Tenelle needs to tone her attitude down just a touch, and what the hell is happening to Sabrina, she has gone way down hill.

I was happy to see Andy go too. I mean how annoying is it for hom to complain about his hand in front of Dave and Kevin. Neither of them whined about their injuries.

Anyway I think chef wonders how much of the bitching is about the women being carry and how much is about suzannes incompetence.
Pretty much if she's a successful head chef shell make enemies so he's gonna test her in the rockin' kitchen and if she can't jeep up then she's gone!

Yeah tenelles attitude kills mr it's why shell never win. It's great for tv bit no way she ll be head chef at s fancy resort.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/09/09 at 11:31 am

WTH?  Instead of kicking Suzanne off (I have watched all of 3 episodes and it is even clear to ME that she needs to be gone) they ship her to the blue team--who doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with her.  What part of helping each other out and she's slowing things down doesn't she get?  If she has skills, I haven't seen them.  And does she really not get why her teammates don't like her??

Next week should be interesting.

Written By: snozberries on 09/09/09 at 11:49 am

WTH?  Instead of kicking Suzanne off (I have watched all of 3 episodes and it is even clear to ME that she needs to be gone) they ship her to the blue team--who doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with her.  What part of helping each other out and she's slowing things down doesn't she get?  If she has skills, I haven't seen them.  And does she really not get why her teammates don't like her??

Next week should be interesting.

De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt  babe  ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/10/09 at 12:08 pm

De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt  babe  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good thing I know better than to eat or drink while on here!

Written By: ninny on 09/23/09 at 6:16 am

Well goodbye Sabrina and Van, boy did he start to lose it.Tenelle stepped up last night while Arielle had a bad night. I can't wait until next week, things are getting hot.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/23/09 at 1:38 pm

Why was David (if not right name, talking about one with cast) so surprised and upset that Tennille (sp?) ended up voting Van?  It's not like that was his first night of screwing up and I've never seen anyone screw up as many times as he did.  That's why I was so surprised that Van didn't think he should be up for elimination.  How many times does he think he can try to send out cold fish in a night and it will be ok? And that is supposed to be his "specialty"????  I can't believe he got so upset when Gordon yelled at him.  What did he expect after such a disastrous night??

Written By: ninny on 09/23/09 at 1:51 pm

Why was David (if not right name, talking about one with cast) so surprised and upset that Tennille (sp?) ended up voting Van?  It's not like that was his first night of screwing up and I've never seen anyone screw up as many times as he did.  That's why I was so surprised that Van didn't think he should be up for elimination.  How many times does he think he can try to send out cold fish in a night and it will be ok? And that is supposed to be his "specialty"????  I can't believe he got so upset when Gordon yelled at him.  What did he expect after such a disastrous night??

I think Dave was mad because he knew that Arielle is better than him so he had a better chance of beating Van, so he wanted Van to stay in the competition.

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 6:39 am

Well goodbye Sabrina and Van, boy did he start to lose it.Tenelle stepped up last night while Arielle had a bad night. I can't wait until next week, things are getting hot.

Start to lose it? remember when he nearly socked JP??  He would have been gone that week if he'd acted on his anger.

I hope Arielle pulls her head out of her arse next week. I like her and prefer to see her in the final three over Tenelle

BTW I still see Kevin and Dave in the final two with Dave winning the whole shebang.

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 6:46 am

ninny's right....

also- of course Van "knew" he should go up- he was just happy to hear that they were willing to put Arielle up. Van knew if he went up he was going to go home since he put up cold halibut two services in a row.  BTW Van is a Fish Cook that mean he cooks fish every night he works.... anyone notice the lie-  in the direct address testimonial  "I cook halibut every damn day"  to chef ramsey at elimination "I never cooked it before"  ::) 

btw halibut wasn't the first time he screwed up with fish.... he messed up on that fish that was wrapped in plastic a few weeks back and some other services.

Tenelle works in a steak house so she's comfortable with meat... but can't do shyt with food she's never heard of before. The thing is- once she learns how its done she's good (that's why she adapted so well to Chef's menu) she had to learn how to cook his food... bottom of the barrel the first couple of weeks... middle and top of the pack once she learned how to cook it... 

I just don't see her as Whistler's executive chef.

I suspect- Suzanne will go this week. but she's good for ratings so the producers may say- you don't have to let her win but keep her around a few more services... only let her go if she's up against someone who can cook... had it been Arielle and Suzanne alone in the bottom two- Suzanne would have been gone.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/09 at 11:58 pm

dang they're really cracking under pressure.

First tenelle annoys me but Dave looking down on her annoys mr more.
Kevin is in denial. He's gonna judge Ariel for sending up uncoiled chicken when he put up over cooked rice during prep.
I think he saw it  was over cooked and pit it up to screw someone then he assigned tenelle to apps.

thank god Suzanne is gone. I hope Arielle gets her shyt together next week.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/30/09 at 12:05 am

So glad Suzanne is gone...that woman got on my last nerve. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/09 at 12:09 am

yeah she got way further than she should have.

Written By: karen on 09/30/09 at 6:28 am

^ agreed.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/30/09 at 7:06 am

Mine, too, but last night Tennelle got on my nerves even worse (who knew THAT was possible!).  She knew that her presentation was, shall we say, lacking?  She admitted that the fish fell apart and she didn't have time to cook a new one.  Knowing that the first part of the challenge was ALL presentation, true there wasn't much she could do to salvage it, but she should not have been surprised that she was at the bottom.  Doesn't matter if it's your fault or something beyond your control, they are looking at the end result.

I didn't care for the way Kevin came at Dave about his wrist.  I'm glad Dave saw through Kevin's "concern" for his well-being.

I agree that Kevin had no right to jump down the others' throats when he was the one who overcooked the rice.  Whether he did it intentionally or not (and if he did I would say it didn't exactly work in his favor), it was still considered part of the night's bad service.  Not only that but it was the first mistake and Ramsey didn't let it go.

Written By: ninny on 09/30/09 at 7:52 am

Yes no more Suzanne. Tennelle could be great if she didn't let her mouth get in the way.Kevin is starting to get cocky, and needs to realize he hasn't won yet. I think with Dave's wrist it will be hard for him to go on.I'd hope to see Arielle in the finals.

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/09 at 12:14 pm

Yes no more Suzanne. Tennelle could be great if she didn't let her mouth get in the way.Kevin is starting to get cocky, and needs to realize he hasn't won yet. I think with Dave's wrist it will be hard for him to go on.I'd hope to see Arielle in the finals.

I really want Ariel to win this... she is good but lets her nerves get ahead of her... I think she'll do fine as executive chef in Whistler.... she wont have Gordon yelling at her.... I wanna see how she does in final three (assuming she survives next week) when she has to expedite part of the service

Aim- the final three each get a shot at Gordon's job- they run the pass and have to decide if food is good enough to be served- and also have to control the chefs times and stuff... its a great test.

Written By: ninny on 09/30/09 at 3:11 pm

I really want Ariel to win this... she is good but lets her nerves get ahead of her... I think she'll do fine as executive chef in Whistler.... she wont have Gordon yelling at her.... I wanna see how she does in final three (assuming she survives next week) when she has to expedite part of the service

Aim- the final three each get a shot at Gordon's job- they run the pass and have to decide if food is good enough to be served- and also have to control the chefs times and stuff... its a great test.

Yes expediting skills can be a challenge for some.You never know how they or their fellow chefs will respond.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/30/09 at 8:51 pm

Cool!  Let's hope they work together better then than they did this week!

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/09 at 9:00 pm

Cool!  Let's hope they work together better then than they did this week!

the negativity is dragging them down. I blame Dave and Tenelle for it....but mostly tenelle everyone is tired of her mouth.

actually Suzanne had a lot to do with it too so maybe it will be better.

Written By: karen on 10/06/09 at 8:42 pm

I saw the last half of tonight's show.  The very end brought a tear to my eye!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/06/09 at 8:44 pm

Haven't gotten to the end yet, but I am surprised Tenille won the challenge.  I can't imagine kids thinking the eggplant thingy is good.  Then again, I hate eggplant so I am probably biased. ;D

Written By: karen on 10/06/09 at 9:02 pm

I missed the challenge part.  I was putting James to bed.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/09 at 12:12 am

Haven't gotten to the end yet, but I am surprised Tenille won the challenge.  I can't imagine kids thinking the eggplant thingy is good.  Then again, I hate eggplant so I am probably biased. ;D

I'm thinking Tenelle probably doused the whole thing in the mushroom sauce and so they didn't know they were eating egg plant  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/09 at 12:15 am

I hate to admit it but if Dave survives next week he deserves the win... I mean- seriously he's been cooking with one arm since week two or something... He is one of the best chefs in the comeptition---- and the most consistant... Imagine what he could do if he'd had both his hands.

But I'm still rooting for my girl Arielle...she just needs to keep her nerves in check next week.

I liked Kevin in the beginning but he's far too cocky now. He's about as good a chef as Arielle.  so it could go either way... unless Arielle freaks out like she did last week and the week before.  She is good but not good under pressure.

Written By: karen on 10/07/09 at 11:40 am

Kevin is annoying me now.  It's his attitude, far too arrogant.

I just hope Dave's wrist can stand the last few days.

Written By: ninny on 10/07/09 at 11:55 am

Kevin is annoying me now.  It's his attitude, far too arrogant.

I just hope Dave's wrist can stand the last few days.

I agree, Dave has done wonders with a bad wrist.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/07/09 at 1:56 pm

Ok, so my mom called to check on my during the kid part.  How did they determine the winner, by the colored plates?  Sucked for the ones who had to clean up...

I felt like the right decision was made.  I was tired of having to readjust the volume when she spoke.  I thought the end was cool.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/09 at 3:13 pm

Ok, so my mom called to check on my during the kid part.  How did they determine the winner, by the colored plates?  Sucked for the ones who had to clean up...

I felt like the right decision was made.  I was tired of having to readjust the volume when she spoke.  I thought the end was cool.

The kids got to choose which dish was the best and which was the yuckiest...

I thought the lasgne would win but I think (I bet) the kids just ate Tenelle's rice and mushroom sauce and stayed away from the eggplant....and that's why she won- she had something separate on the dish that they would/could eat...

and yes the kids picked their fave and least fav by the plate color.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/09 at 3:15 pm

and yes the kids picked their fave and least fav by the plate color.

actuallly I wonder how many of those kids dismissed the food entirely and choose based on their favorite color alone....

like "all the food sucked but purple is my favorite color so I vote for purple and I hate green cuz green is yucky"  ;D  Kids don't always make the best judges.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/08/09 at 11:30 am

actuallly I wonder how many of those kids dismissed the food entirely and choose based on their favorite color alone....

like "all the food sucked but purple is my favorite color so I vote for purple and I hate green cuz green is yucky"  ;D  Kids don't always make the best judges.

I can see logic in all your points.  Who got least fave?

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/09 at 12:40 pm

I can see logic in all your points.  Who got least fave?

Dave.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:17 pm

Watching Hells Kitchen now.... lets call this a mini live blog  ;D  (hey Aim if you want to we can watch the finale together next week!)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:18 pm

So I'm waiting for the judges to decide the winner of the challenge.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:18 pm

Dang, bout time you showed up!  Are we at the same point in the show?

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:18 pm

Which challenge, been about 3 so far

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:19 pm

dave finally won one...

hey isn't mole chocolate sauce so wasn't kevin saying he forgot the mexican chocolate chocolate sauce when he said he forgot the mexican mole chocolate sauce?  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:20 pm

yeah, major mistake forgetting the sauce

WTF???????????????????????????????????????????

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:20 pm

Dang, bout time you showed up!  Are we at the same point in the show?

as you can see now I just saw the first challenge. you know with the international dishes

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:21 pm

yeah.  can't wait for your reaction to what's comin

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:21 pm

I didn't realize it was 2 hours tonight.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:22 pm

lol me either.  shoulda figured it out when they said season finale  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:25 pm

wow they usually do this in three parts... final three- and then a two parter final two.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:25 pm

wow they usually do this in three parts... final three- and then a two parter final two.

I feel like I'm being robbed!  >:(

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:25 pm

Sowwy  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:27 pm

meh I'll get over it... at least Top Chef isn't over this week.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:27 pm

the expedition challenge is my favorite part every season.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:28 pm

Kevins at the pass and Scott is about to screw him!  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:28 pm

Killin me here  :o

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:28 pm

I guess that means we don't get to meet here next week to discuss the finale!  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:29 pm

I guess that means we don't get to meet here next week to discuss the finale!  ;D

so we'll meet and talk about somethin else  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:29 pm

Arielle's lamb looked good to me.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:30 pm

Can't wait til you get where i am

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:30 pm

Can't wait til you get where i am

by that time you will be done!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:31 pm

Kevin is pissing me off... I think he screwing Arielle on purpose.  >:(

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:31 pm

You have no idea how much stuff I want to write, but I don't want to spoil it for you

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:32 pm

So does she  :P

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:32 pm

I figured saying that wouldn't blow anything coming up for you

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:33 pm

So does she  :P

that first lamb was spot on mid rare I think!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:34 pm

what the hell... man I think Dave is faking it... mimicing how he thinks he should expedite rather than actually expediting.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:34 pm

takin your word for it

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:34 pm

how the hell can you tell a spinach puree from an asparagus puree??? its freaking baby food!  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:34 pm

what the hell... man I think Dave is faking it... mimicing how he thinks he should expedite rather than actually expediting.

;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:35 pm

takin your word for it

everything I know about great chefing I've learned from HK and Top Chef...so you know I'm like and expert and shyt!  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:35 pm

how the hell can you tell a spinach puree from an asparagus puree??? its freaking baby food!  ;D

they don't taste the same?  ::)

it gets better (or worse)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:36 pm

everything I know about great chefing I've learned from HK and Top Chef...so you know I'm like and expert and shyt!  ;D

exactly!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:36 pm

spastic...that's how I'd define Dave's turn...

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:36 pm

spastic...that's how I'd define Dave's turn...

lol

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:36 pm

come on arielle....dont' eff up.... damn!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:37 pm

come on arielle....dont' eff up.... damn!

i'm keepin quiet

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:39 pm

keep going, brb

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:39 pm

i'm keepin quiet

kevins an ass!  and yeah she effed up a lot... damn...

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:44 pm

so they have to come up with a name?  kevin and dave are gonna say Arielle and Arielle is gonna say Kevin.

At least spastic Dave- knows what's up.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:44 pm

so they have to come up with a name?  kevin and dave are gonna say Arielle and Arielle is gonna say Kevin.

At least spastic Dave- knows what's up.

lol  My lips are sealed

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:46 pm

the thing is she has leadership skills and she can run a pass but kevin was doing everything he could to throw her under the bus.... that's someone who can't be trusted you want someone who'll work hard no matter what- Dave and Arielle should be in the final but I fear arielle is gone... hmme let me fast forward!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:47 pm

I guess because the prize is head chef at an existing restaurant they don't need to "create" their own restaurant this year.... usually part one of the finale is about transforming HK into two restaurants... but this year its just about the food.. no need to create atmosphere when its already there.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:48 pm

lol  My lips are sealed

but he still did what I thought he would do but he still knew Kevin was dragging his feet!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:48 pm

I guess because the prize is head chef at an existing restaurant they don't need to "create" their own restaurant this year.... usually part one of the finale is about transforming HK into two restaurants... but this year its just about the food.. no need to create atmosphere when its already there.

where are ya now?

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:49 pm

where are ya now?

Arielles about to be eliminated.... I think

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:49 pm

I won't say

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:50 pm

top three ain't bad....  and she gets to keep the jacket! Awesome!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:50 pm

top three ain't bad....  and she gets to keep the jacket! Awesome!

I knew you would like that.

About to announce top chef.  I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:51 pm

You know I won't spoil it for you

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:52 pm

I knew you would like that.

About to announce top chef.  I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!

dang I'm sorry I'm so far behind... I am about 95% sure its gonna be Dave.... well I think it should be Dave just cuz he cooked with one arm and chef likes his drive and his dedication... Kevin is a weasel.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:53 pm

dang I'm sorry I'm so far behind... I am about 95% sure its gonna be Dave.... well I think it should be Dave just cuz he cooked with one arm and chef likes his drive and his dedication... Kevin is a weasel.

don't worry, you know I'll keep quiet.  of course they went to commercial (knew they would)....what I saw must have been special camera angle........  ???

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:54 pm

don't worry, you know I'll keep quiet.  of course they went to commercial (knew they would)....what I saw must have been special camera angle........  ???

the classic shot of the hands on the door handle? they do that every year.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:54 pm

the classic shot of the hands on the door handle? they do that every year.

yeah, no way both will open right?  Remember this is my first season!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:55 pm

they are head to the roof of some hotel in LA...just to let you know where I am.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:55 pm

they are head to the roof of some hotel in LA...just to let you know where I am.

lmao I thought it was the roof of HK

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:55 pm

But that part is cool

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 8:57 pm

Dang (not saying if good dang or bad dang cuz hopefully you didn't know who I was rooting for)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:00 pm

Dang (not saying if good dang or bad dang cuz hopefully you didn't know who I was rooting for)

you're my friend you were rooting for dave...so dang.  :-\\

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:00 pm

I have to get stuff ready for tomorrow.  I'll take my phone in w/ me.  text me right before the commercial before they announce because I don't want to miss your reaction!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:01 pm

I have to get stuff ready for tomorrow.  I'll take my phone in w/ me.  text me right before the commercial before they announce because I don't want to miss your reaction!!!

kay....

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:01 pm

you're my friend you were rooting for dave...so dang.  :-\\

lol  i love you but i refuse to ruin this so again, you better not read emotion into my "dang" ....it could go either way.  can only say final winner is male  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:08 pm

lol  i love you but i refuse to ruin this so again, you better not read emotion into my "dang" ....it could go either way.  can only say final winner is male  ;)

aw man I thought maybe Arielle did so well working for dave that chef changed his mind and gave it to her anyway.  ;D

I think she's a good chef she just let her nerves control her.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:09 pm

kevins menu does look good...damn.  but so does Dave's (although Gordon just called Dave's menu pedestrian.)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:09 pm

aw man I thought maybe Arielle did so well working for dave that chef changed his mind and gave it to her anyway.  ;D

I think she's a good chef she just let her nerves control her.

Be patient, young grasshoppa

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:12 pm

Be patient, young grasshoppa

kay!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:18 pm

AMANDA: How cooked do you want your scallops? 

Q: ummmm I don't know... cooked.

;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:19 pm

lol Just came in to check.

Damn you got hit!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:21 pm

lol Just came in to check.

Damn you got hit!  ;D

the bandit thread is on fire right now!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:23 pm

Ha HA Kevin's assistants are killing him! 

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:24 pm

ooops arielle over cooked the venison... guess chef doesn't see her shine  ;)

I really wanna go to HK...

VIP table coming up.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:31 pm

kay service is over now the wait...

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:33 pm

chef talking to them about it being the closest final ever...

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:34 pm

I'm here

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:34 pm

got text thx

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:34 pm

waiting for the reveal until I know you are here.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:35 pm

wish i could see your face

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:35 pm

got text thx

wow that was fast...your reply did you have this typed out waiting to send?  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:35 pm

wow that was fast...your reply did you have this typed out waiting to send?  ;D

more like i didn't have to use my phone to type it

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:36 pm

you thinking because both handles turned it was gonna be both of them huh?

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:36 pm

more like i didn't have to use my phone to type it

good point!  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:36 pm

you thinking because both handles turned it was gonna be both of them huh?

just for a sec, but didn't see how there could be 2 winners when there is always only 1

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:37 pm

just for a sec, but didn't see how there could be 2 winners when there is always only 1

good call!

Here we go

dang YES!!!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:38 pm

dang YES!!!

lol  see my dang was good dang

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:38 pm

the feet tastes bad!  ;D  yes they do!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:39 pm

the feet tastes bad!   ;D   yes they do!

Silly Q

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:39 pm

lol  see my dang was good dang

yeah it was... he deserved to win for alll the reasons I said before... determination and dedication and drive.  you know....generally just an overall good work ethic. Its rare nowadays!

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:39 pm

I'm guessing Kevin regretted choosing Amanda

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:40 pm

Silly Q

hee hee... it's Kevin's fault.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/13/09 at 9:43 pm

Glad you happy.  Time for this chick to go to bed.

Have a great rest of your night and day tomorrow.

Feel better!!!!!

*hugs*

thanks for blogging w/ me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 9:44 pm

Glad you happy.  Time for this chick to go to bed.

Have a great rest of your night and day tomorrow.

Feel better!!!!!

*hugs*

thanks for blogging w/ me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for hanging with me!!! night!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/09 at 10:21 pm

Yay for Dave!  He deserved it.  He rocked it with a broken wrist, he has to be killer with two good hands.

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 10:23 pm

Yay for Dave!  He deserved it.  He rocked it with a broken wrist, he has to be killer with two good hands.

exactly!!!

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:25 pm

That's what Dai reckoned.  I missed this bit, putting elizabeth to bed

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:26 pm

different shade of green?

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:28 pm

When he was about to start the countdown Dai said "going to commercials in three two one..."

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:29 pm

kevins menu does look good...damn.  but so does Dave's (although Gordon just called Dave's menu pedestrian.)

Maybe it was a little but it's better than a hundred and one things to fiddle and fuss about.

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:31 pm

I'm guessing Kevin regretted choosing Amanda

He was just a dick in the end and didn't deserve to win

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/09 at 1:48 pm

That's what Dai reckoned.  I missed this bit, putting elizabeth to bed

oh it was annoying he was standing there scratching his head... basically doing the whole

"Du'h what am I supposed to do now? How do you cook in this thing?"  you know the- I'm an idiot routine-  but when Gordon asked hm about something he'd say I'm waiting on Arielle I don't know what she wants..... she asked for beef and lamb (or fish and lamb) it seemed pretty clear to me. He did screw off when Dave was going all spastic in the kitchen....bet he wishes he had now. If he'd gone up against Arielle he would have won probably.  ;D

Written By: ninny on 10/14/09 at 3:04 pm

My feelings exactly. :)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/14/09 at 8:43 pm

He was just a dick in the end and didn't deserve to win

Can't argue with that!

Check for new replies or respond here...