inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: People Getting FALCON PAWNCHED Right Before Eating

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 4:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL88a0jP6ZE
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Subject: Re: People Getting FALCON PAWNCHED Right Before Eating

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:13 pm

DJ Blaze...

Please join out little forum.
I have seen all of the threads you have started, and generally I wouldn't approve however some of them are hilarious. The only thing we ask is that if you start a linking thread, please put information in the initial post and not just smilies. If I hadn't stopped to click the link, I would have actually deleted the thread because of lack of information. ;)

So please, join our little forum. That way you won't have to do the verification everytime you post, and you will actually be able to see the rest of the boards that you can't see as a guest! I can assure you that you will enjoy it!

Tam
inthe00s moderator.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:22 pm

Pawnched? It is a curious language that you speak... 

hmmm I didn't reallly see any Falcons either.  that was stupid.

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:23 pm

Pawnched? It is a curious language that you speak... 

hmmm I didn't reallly see any Falcons either.   that was stupid.

The dude's name is Falcon <- at least I think so? ???

And it is stupid because it was written by SNL staff. They have never been as good as the 80's  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:26 pm

The dude's name is Falcon <- at least I think so? ???

And it is stupid because it was written by SNL staff. They have never been as good as the 80's  ::)

nah that was Andy Samberg....usually his videos are funnier than that...

lamest things to come out of SNL over the last couple years... .

Laser Cats
Bear City

.... and the stupid video posted here.

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:28 pm

nah that was Andy Samberg....usually his videos are funnier than that...

lamest things to come out of SNL over the last couple years... .

Laser Cats
Bear City

.... and the stupid video posted here.

No, I know he is Adam Samberg ;D
I thought the person he was acting as was supposed to be called Falcon? :P

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:31 pm

No, I know he is Adam Samberg ;D
I thought the person he was acting as was supposed to be called Falcon? :P

oh because I thought maybe you thought he was just some dude named Falcon....and that would have been weird  :P

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:36 pm

oh because I thought maybe you thought he was just some dude named Falcon....and that would have been weird  :P

And we both know that weird is my middle name! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:37 pm

And we both know that weird is my middle name! ;D ;D ;D

I bet they made fun of you in school for that!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:38 pm

I bet they made fun of you in school for that!   ;D

The laughter follows me to this day...
It's a wonder I don't go insane! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:43 pm

The laughter follows me to this day...
It's a wonder I don't go insane! ;D

I hate to be the one to tell you this....... but you already are.....insane!  :D

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 4:54 pm

I hate to be the one to tell you this....... but you already are.....insane!  :D

Well...

at least I can poop without help...

and I don't get pawnched in the face when I try to eat something!

:P

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 4:59 pm

hey who told you I need help pooping?

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 5:05 pm

Everyone already knows Q

It has always been quite apparent! :D ;) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:09 pm

Everyone already knows Q

It has always been quite apparent! :D ;) ;D

well as I always say.... admission is the first step.... but probably a more appropriate comment is ..... misery loves company takes one to know one!  ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 5:18 pm

DJ Blaze...

Please join out little forum.
I have seen all of the threads you have started, and generally I wouldn't approve however some of them are hilarious. The only thing we ask is that if you start a linking thread, please put information in the initial post and not just smilies. If I hadn't stopped to click the link, I would have actually deleted the thread because of lack of information. ;)

So please, join our little forum. That way you won't have to do the verification everytime you post, and you will actually be able to see the rest of the boards that you can't see as a guest! I can assure you that you will enjoy it!

Tam
inthe00s moderator.

I would join, but I'm only 15 and don't have an email. And I'm not allowed to get one until I have my own computer. So, it's not that I don't want to join (I'd join in a heartbeat if I could!), it's that I have no way of joining. And I'll try to put more information on a post next time. Thanks for your concern, Tam.

"Falcon Punch" is an attack from the video game "Super Smash Brothers: Brawl" used by the character Captain Falcon. It became an internet meme thanks to this video and other videos. And "pawnch" is due to C. Falcon's voice actor, who mispronounces the word.

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 5:21 pm

I would join, but I'm only 15 and don't have an email. And I'm not allowed to get one until I have my own computer. So, it's not that I don't want to join (I'd join in a heartbeat if I could!), it's that I have no way of joining. And I'll try to put more information on a post next time. Thanks for your concern, Tam.

"Falcon Punch" is an attack from the video game "Super Smash Brothers: Brawl" used by the character Captain Falcon. It became an internet meme thanks to this video and other videos. And "pawnch" is due to C. Falcon's voice actor, who mispronounces the word.

Dude - in order to post here you have to have an email. So if you are providing a bogus one I would suggest you quit asap.
Furthermore - your interest in amiright should net you an email as well, shouldn't it?
Something smells fishy... wait, perhaps it smells like youtube poop! ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:26 pm

I don't understand....how are you able to access this message board but unable to get a free email account via yahoo, gmail, hotmail aol or about 100 other different sources that are out there?  ???

Super Smash Brothers?  Never heard of it.

internet meme?  I have absolutely no idea what this means either.  If you join the boards....or even if you don't  can you please start speaking in a language we understand.... the majority of the members here are adults... and the few members who are younger have the decency to speak to us using the normal vernacular..... meaning no text speak and now internet jargon... LOL BRB and BTW are pretty much all our addled adult minds can stand.

thank you.

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 5:28 pm

internet meme?   I have absolutely no idea what this means either.   If you join the boards....or even if you don't  can you please start speaking in a language we understand.... the majority of the members here are adults... and the few members who are younger have the decency to speak to us using the normal vernacular..... meaning no text speak and now internet jargon... LOL BRB and BTW are pretty much all our addled adult minds can stand.

thank you.

I think Step 4 is in effect here!
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 5:31 pm

Dude - in order to post here you have to have an email. So if you are providing a bogus one I would suggest you quit asap.
Furthermore - your interest in amiright should net you an email as well, shouldn't it?
Something smells fishy... wait, perhaps it smells like youtube poop! ;D ;D

This is just what I feared. I wish there was some way I could post here without registering or giving a fake email... is there? I don't mean to cause trouble, I'm very new to this sort of stuff. And I'll explain meme: A meme is something, usually a video, that becomes popular on the internet at lightning speed. Videos like Peanut Butter Jelly Time, which features a banana dancing to a Buckwheat Boyz song. Another word for meme is viral. So please, don't have offense. I mean no harm, I'm just new!

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:31 pm

I think Step 4 is in effect here!
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

finally- a video I can appreciate..... I hear the message and I obey!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 5:35 pm

This is just what I feared. I wish there was some way I could post here without registering or giving a fake email... is there? I don't mean to cause trouble, I'm very new to this sort of stuff. And I'll explain meme: A meme is something, usually a video, that becomes popular on the internet at lightning speed. Videos like Peanut Butter Jelly Time, which features a banana dancing to a Buckwheat Boyz song. Another word for meme is viral. So please, don't have offense. I mean no harm, I'm just new!

Here si the thing kiddo:

I am not telling you to leave, nor am I asking you to leave.
Our terms of use are laid out and when you post you agree to them.
Your IP address is tracked with each post you make, so fake email or not, it is still known where you are.
We use that information when it comes time to ban a member or politely ask them to leave.

I don't understand what having your own computer has to do with having an email? It isn't like it gets stored on the harddrive - it is stored on a completely different server... unless of course you have really strict parents ??? :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:43 pm

Here si the thing kiddo:

Your IP address is tracked with each post you make, so fake email or not, it is still known where you are.
We use that information when it comes time to ban a member or politely ask them to leave.

I don't understand what having your own computer has to do with having an email? It isn't like it gets stored on the harddrive - it is stored on a completely different server... unless of course you have really strict parents ??? :-\\

but strict parents should more concerned about message boards than email ...  because you share information more directly thru message boards.  no?

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 5:49 pm

but strict parents should more concerned about message boards than email ...  because you share information more directly thru message boards.   no?

Agreed.
Who knows?
I let The Son get an email when he was 12 - I figured the quickest way to get him familiar with the net was to do it early. ;)

Written By: gibbo on 08/02/09 at 5:53 pm

I don't understand....
Never heard of it.

I have absolutely no idea what this means
 can you please start speaking in a language we understand....
LOL BRB and BTW are pretty much all our addled adult minds can stand.

Now...THIS is what happens when you are over 40!  ;D ;D ;D  

I'm with ya Q ..... you can be my lawyer (and I'm sure I'll be needing one some day).

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:58 pm

Agreed.
Who knows?
I let The Son get an email when he was 12 - I figured the quickest way to get him familiar with the net was to do it early. ;)

excellent plan.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 5:59 pm

Now...THIS is what happens when you are over 40!  ;D ;D ;D  

I'm with ya Q ..... you can be my lawyer (and I'm sure I'll be needing one some day).

hmmm I do like a challenge....trying to get people to believe you're innocent? Definitely a challenge I'd like to take on!  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 08/02/09 at 6:03 pm

hmmm I do like a challenge....trying to get people to believe you're innocent? Definitely a challenge I'd like to take on!  ;)

Might just go staright to the insanity argument!  :-\\  (and that's just for my lawyer... :D)

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 6:05 pm

Might just go staright to the insanity argument!  :-\\   (and that's just for my lawyer... :D)

might as well you'd be pretty crazy to try and hire me as your attorney anyway....sort like representing yourself.....fool.  :P

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 6:15 pm

Here si the thing kiddo:

I actually agreed with my mom that I didn't need an email until later. I didn't really want her to know about any of what I'm doing on AmIRight, AmIWrong, or InThe00s. I'm glad you're not asking me to leave. I was hoping you'd have mercy on me, and I got it. I absolutely love this site, and AmIRight/Wrong. I'll try my best to do better. I'll explain jargon and everything else that is complex to non-nerds. Are we cool?

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 6:25 pm

I actually agreed with my mom that I didn't need an email until later. I didn't really want her to know about any of what I'm doing on AmIRight, AmIWrong, or InThe00s. I'm glad you're not asking me to leave. I was hoping you'd have mercy on me, and I got it. I absolutely love this site, and AmIRight/Wrong. I'll try my best to do better. I'll explain jargon and everything else that is complex to non-nerds. Are we cool?

We're cool kiddo - but here is something interesting for you:

I bet your moms already knows everywhere you go online. The computer tracks everything you do. ;D
Good luck

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 6:26 pm

that works for me...  and I promise when you find something I know and or like I will be the first to applaud you!  :)

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 6:32 pm

that works for me...  and I promise when you find something I know and or like I will be the first to applaud you!  :)

Mahahaha!
Can't applaud.
No button.
Does not compute.
System crash!
:D :D :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 6:34 pm

Mahahaha!
Can't applaud.
No button.
Does not compute.
System crash!
:D :D :D

you know what I meant!  :P 

Written By: Tam on 08/02/09 at 6:41 pm

you know what I meant!  :P   

... and you still love me anyway! 8)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 6:56 pm

Tam, my parental units don't check the browsing history at all. If they do, it's just to get back to a tab they accidentally closed. Not offending, just pointing that out. Thanks for not making me leave the site. Peace out.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/09 at 6:59 pm

... and you still love me anyway! 8)

against my better judgment....but YEAH I DO!!!  :-*

Written By: gibbo on 08/02/09 at 7:10 pm

against my better judgment....but YEAH I DO!!!  :-*

Let me just sing.....

"Love is in the air everywhere I look around ... love is in the air every sight and every sound
...and I don't know if I'm being foolish don't know if I'm being wise but it's something that I
must believe in and it's there when I look in your eyes."  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...