inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Screech and Belding get Dissed...

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/04/09 at 7:42 am

People Magazine is running a "Saved by the Bell" reunion photo spread which left out Mr. Belding and Screech.

Belding was not invited to the photo shoot or approached for any questions.  Screech, on the other hand, was in the original photo and then photochopped out.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/07/saved-by-the-bell-reunion-people-magazine-cover.jpg

In a separate matter, Screech's tell-all book was dropped by his publisher because he allegedly could not provide verification for the wild wtrories contained therein.  Fortunately for all of us the book has been picked up by another publisher and should be at a bookstand near you by September 29.

http://www.observer.com/2009/media/screechs-saved-bell-tell-all-dropped-gotham-books-resold

Subject: Re: Screech and Belding get Dissed...

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/09 at 7:41 pm

This is a bit peculiar.  I saw Dennis Haskins on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' and he said he would be all for a SBTB Reunion.  They had one alright, he just wasnt invited ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/09 at 8:26 am

I need to get a copy of this magazine.  I want to know what Elizabeth Berkeley is up to these days.  She was awesome in SBTB and Showgirls.

Written By: 90steen on 08/08/09 at 5:17 pm

They're all aging well  :)

Belding always got on my nerves. That laugh made me want to just shut the tv off.

I'm surprised SBTB never got backlashed, or did it?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/09 at 8:06 pm

I can understand Belding getting left out because he was the teacher, not one of the students!

But I think Screech got left out because I heard the actor has legal problems, a sex tape, and debts.

Written By: whistledog on 08/08/09 at 8:11 pm

But Belding was Belding for 13 seasons.  He was the longest running cast member of them all

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/09 at 8:17 pm

But Belding was Belding for 13 seasons.  He was the longest running cast member of them all

Wow, I didn't know that. Wow, that is a diss! Maybe the author or photographer didn't like his voice like someone on here said!  ???

It's a diss to Screech also! He was one of the reasons that the show was what it was.  :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/08/09 at 8:18 pm

I can understand Belding getting left out because he was the teacher, not one of the students!

But I think Screech got left out because I heard the actor has legal problems, a sex tape, and debts.

Belding was an essential part of the show.  I can't imagine SBTB without him.

Dustin is still working.  I forget the show's name but he comments on reality videos along with the likes of Danny Bonaduce, Leif Garrett and Todd Bridges.  It's a really funny show.  

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/09 at 8:20 pm

Belding was an essential part of the show.  I can't imagine SBTB without him.

Dustin is still working.  I forget the show's name but he comments on reality videos along with the likes of Danny Bonaduce, Leif Garrett and Todd Bridges.  It's a really funny show.  

Oh yeah I saw that a few months ago.  I am OK with Danny Bonnadouchebag and Todd Bridges, but Leif Garrett still comes off to me as a full-out junkie.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/08/09 at 8:21 pm

Why didn't they bring back Leanna Creel?  She played Tori.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/08/09 at 8:22 pm

Oh yeah I saw that a few months ago.  I am OK with Danny Bonnadouchebag and Todd Bridges, but Leif Garrett still comes off to me as a full-out junkie.

At least it keeps Leif off the streets and out of jail.

Written By: whistledog on 08/08/09 at 9:21 pm

Why didn't they bring back Leanna Creel?  She played Tori.

What I wanna know is why they DID bring her in?  Kelly and Jessie mysteriously vanish and Tori appears.  Then Tori disappears and Kelly and Jessie return, all during Season 5 LOL

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/09/09 at 1:03 am

In all honesty, Screech was the reason I didn't watch Save by the Bell.  I found him to be terribly annoying, and as an adult in real life he's even worse.  Diamond was a complete dick in Celebrity Fit Club, He acted like a womanizing, filthy, pig . . . and I'm not even talking about his disregards for playing the show fair.  He made fun of Cletus T Judd for his phobia of shopping, he made fun of an Idol contestant for being a "runner up", he went off on the judges when they didn't agree that you can lose weight by excessive exercise while eating whatever you want (not saying that's entirely untrue, but there has to be some moderation, and clearly it wasn't working for him or he would not have been on the show)

I'm just saying, I realize a lot of people liked him, but to me--him, Urkel and characters like them were just annoying, I didn't find them funny, and if Dustin is always like he was on Celebrity Fit Club, and on other TV appearances outside the show I've seen. . .I don't want to see him at all if I don't have to, and I certainly don't want to read his book.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/09 at 8:04 am

In all honesty, Screech was the reason I didn't watch Save by the Bell.  I found him to be terribly annoying ...

I kinda guess Dave, that therefore you did not buy one of Screech's T-shirts to help him pay off his delinquent mortgage.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/09 at 8:13 am

What I wanna know is why they DID bring her in?  Kelly and Jessie mysteriously vanish and Tori appears.  Then Tori disappears and Kelly and Jessie return, all during Season 5 LOL

All is explained here...

http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/history.html

Tiffany Amber-Theissen returned to the Franchise in Saved By The Bell - The College Years, but the lovely Elizabeth Berkeley did not.  :\'(

Liz did come back for Saved By The Bell - The Wedding though.

I am hoping that they both decide to participate in Saved By The Bell - The Geriatric Chronicles, where they all decide to stay at the same nursing home.  ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/09/09 at 11:47 am

I kinda guess Dave, that therefore you did not buy one of Screech's T-shirts to help him pay off his delinquent mortgage.  ;D

Yeah, that'd be correct  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/09/09 at 6:25 pm

Also, because he is a total douchebag.

In all honesty, Screech was the reason I didn't watch Save by the Bell.  I found him to be terribly annoying, and as an adult in real life he's even worse.  Diamond was a complete dick in Celebrity Fit Club, He acted like a womanizing, filthy, pig . . . and I'm not even talking about his disregards for playing the show fair.  He made fun of Cletus T Judd for his phobia of shopping, he made fun of an Idol contestant for being a "runner up", he went off on the judges when they didn't agree that you can lose weight by excessive exercise while eating whatever you want (not saying that's entirely untrue, but there has to be some moderation, and clearly it wasn't working for him or he would not have been on the show)

I'm just saying, I realize a lot of people liked him, but to me--him, Urkel and characters like them were just annoying, I didn't find them funny, and if Dustin is always like he was on Celebrity Fit Club, and on other TV appearances outside the show I've seen. . .I don't want to see him at all if I don't have to, and I certainly don't want to read his book.

Exactly!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/09/09 at 7:54 pm

They're all in a few episodes.  Tori was brought in for the same reason Jo was brought into the Facts of Life.  They wanted the tough down to earth sort of girl.

Check for new replies or respond here...