inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite movie of 2009 so far

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/09 at 5:59 pm

The only four movies I saw this year were Ice Age 3, Bruno, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,and Funny People.

I thought Ice Age 3 was good. Funny people was okay. But Bruno was just a horrible movie and Harry Potter extremely dissapointed me.

I heard Star Trek and Up were good films this year. I might rent them when they both come out!

Overall, I didn't like movies this year. I think they could've been made better and some movies were too over the top (they were trying too hard) for me.

So what do you guys/girls think of movies this year so far?

Subject: Re: Favorite movie of 2009 so far

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/09 at 6:17 pm

Of ones that I have seen so far, it has to be 'Taken'

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/10/09 at 6:58 pm

Star Trek, followed by Terminator: Salvation and Watchmen. I haven't seen G.I. Joe yet.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/10/09 at 11:19 pm

I've seen a lot of really great ones, but I think that I was moved the most by "Up."  It was a terrific movie.

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/11/09 at 12:05 am

I've seen a lot of really great ones, but I think that I was moved the most by "Up."  It was a terrific movie.

Have to agree, Up was one of the best films in the last decade, much less the year. Well acted and, even for me, a die hard family and "Hollywood" format movie hater, would have to agree VERY well done. An original and unique story that you just don't expect from "Hollywood". :o

The Hangover (thought the ending wimped out a bit) or Public Enemies (great acting, but never caught "fire") would be following up...

Written By: woops on 08/12/09 at 10:48 pm

"Ice Age III" was funny, though never seen the first two and (as of now) the only movie I've seen from 2009...

Check for new replies or respond here...