inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What a Surprise - Hugh Hefner

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/09 at 6:43 pm

Well... for reasons beyond the comprehension of the writer, Hef invited 75-year-old stage and screen legend Shirley Jones to do a Playboy spread, which she agreed to and for which she showed up at the Mansion.

Shirley's husband, comedian Marty Ingles, also encouraged her to take the gig.

"I showed alot of leg and alot of skin and lots of cleavage" said Ms. Jones.  However, Hef told her that he wanted *egads* MORE NUDITY !

She declined, and so Hef has cancelled the spread.

There is so much wrong with this story that I do not even know where to start...  ;D

Subject: Re: What a Surprise - Hugh Hefner

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/10/09 at 6:52 pm

I thought they were pushing it when they did Barbie Benton after 10 years or so.  Shirley does look better than most 75 year old women, maybe they're doing it for those who had the hots for her when she did the Partridge Family?  I don't think too many under the age of 60 would be too thrilled about it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/09 at 7:12 pm

I thought they were pushing it when they did Barbie Benton after 10 years or so.  Shirley does look better than most 75 year old women, maybe they're doing it for those who had the hots for her when she did the Partridge Family?  I don't think too many under the age of 60 would be too thrilled about it.

Actually now that I think about it, I probably would rather see a spread on Shirley Jones than Barbi Benton.  That gal has been rode hard and put down wet...  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/09 at 7:19 pm

I wouldn't want to see Shirley in the buff.  Maybe back in her Partridge days, but not as a 75 year old. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/09 at 8:15 pm

My biggest, ahem, beef with Playboy is the homogeneity of their models.  Twenty-three years old, 36-23-36, meh, seen it before.  I like a little variety now and again!  So here's a toast to Hef!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Hey, when I saw his name up there, I thought he'd croaked.  Nowadays every time you turn around, another celebrity takes a dirt nap.

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 11:21 pm

I still like her.... ::)

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 11:22 pm

My biggest, ahem, beef with Playboy is the homogeneity of their models.  Twenty-three years old, 36-23-36, meh, seen it before.  I like a little variety now and again!  So here's a toast to Hef!

Hey, when I saw his name up there, I thought he'd croaked.  Nowadays every time you turn around, another celebrity takes a dirt nap.

I agree with this entire post (and also thought he had croaked)...

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/11/09 at 12:08 am

I still like her.... ::)

If you remember so did Drew Carey as she played his older love interest in a few episodes.
I agree she looks pretty good at her age now but, I don't want to see her in the buff, but 25-30 yrs ago, why not? :D

Written By: saver on 08/11/09 at 12:30 am

Maybe he'll go to his 'fall-back' shoot with Phyllis Diller.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/09 at 11:43 am

I think women of all ages can (not all) be beautiful & sexy. I say if a 75 year old woman wants to pose nude-that is up to her. I just hope that look half as good as she does when I am her age.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/09 at 4:23 pm

Maybe he'll go to his 'fall-back' shoot with Phyllis Diller.

Well at 92, Phyllis would likely be the first nonagenarian to pose for Playboy.  ;D

Maybe Betty White is available too...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/09 at 9:08 pm

Well at 92, Phyllis would likely be the first nonagenarian to pose for Playboy.   ;D

I'd rather see Phyllis Schlafly!  That's my kinda gal!

http://rachelchitra.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/phyllis-schlafly.jpg

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/11/09 at 9:13 pm

I couldn't agree more!  Just because a woman is older doesn't mean she can't be sexy.  Remember the pictures of Helen Mirren in the bikini?  She's gorgeous!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261/Altamaha_bucket/helenhotness1.jpg

Written By: gibbo on 08/11/09 at 9:23 pm

I couldn't agree more!  Just because a woman is older doesn't mean she can't be sexy.  Remember the pictures of Helen Mirren in the bikini?  She's gorgeous!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261/Altamaha_bucket/helenhotness1.jpg

Thank you Ash!  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/11/09 at 9:35 pm

Thank you Ash!  ::)

What's with the eye roll? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/09 at 9:36 pm

I couldn't agree more!  Just because a woman is older doesn't mean she can't be sexy. 

And with the aging of the baby boomers, there's gonna be a lot more of them, so it might be beneficial to be partial to them!
:)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/12/09 at 3:15 am

I'll admit I noticed myself somewhat eager and intrigued by this, based on a younger version of Shirley which I had in my mind. I probably wouldn't buy the mag, but I'd sure give Mrs. Partridge a looksee  ;)  and while you're at it Hef, why not just make the entire Mag a theme of older women.  I'd be down for Julie Andrews (already seen her lobes in S.O.B.)  ::)    and there's Goldie Hawn, and Cher. Shirley isn't going to be enough of a draw to sell many mags, but my themed idea just may be enough to get a lot of us MAP's to buy a copy.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif

Written By: gibbo on 08/12/09 at 3:45 am

I'll admit I noticed myself somewhat eager and intrigued by this, based on a younger version of Shirley which I had in my mind. I probably wouldn't buy the mag, but I'd sure give Mrs. Partridge a looksee  ;)  and while you're at it Hef, why not just make the entire Mag a theme of older women.  I'd be down for Julie Andrews (already seen her lobes in S.O.B.)  ::)    and there's Goldie Hawn, and Cher. Shirley isn't going to be enough of a draw to sell many mags, but my themed idea just may be enough to get a lot of us MAP's to buy a copy.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif

Firing on all cylinders Mike!!!  I'm with ya..... ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/09 at 7:53 am

I'll admit I noticed myself somewhat eager and intrigued by this, based on a younger version of Shirley which I had in my mind. I probably wouldn't buy the mag, but I'd sure give Mrs. Partridge a looksee  ;)  and while you're at it Hef, why not just make the entire Mag a theme of older women.  I'd be down for Julie Andrews (already seen her lobes in S.O.B.)  ::)    and there's Goldie Hawn, and Cher. Shirley isn't going to be enough of a draw to sell many mags, but my themed idea just may be enough to get a lot of us MAP's to buy a copy.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif

Well while we're at it you want to throw in Katherine Ross, Ali McGraw, Mary Tyler Moore, and Maureen O'Hara.

I was also thinking of throwing in singer Lulu and Brady gal Maureen McCormack, but they'd be a little too young for this theme shoot.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/12/09 at 11:16 am

Well while we're at it you want to throw in Katherine Ross, Ali McGraw, Mary Tyler Moore, and Maureen O'Hara.

I was also thinking of throwing in singer Lulu and Brady gal Maureen McCormack, but they'd be a little too young for this theme shoot.
they may be younger than some of these mature women, yet still old compared to the regular PLBY chicks. those are good choices, especially marcia brady and I forgot one. gotta get Mrs. Brady in there; Florence Henderson.        but definitely NOT Alice their maid.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/09 at 11:34 am

they may be younger than some of these mature women, yet still old compared to the regular PLBY chicks. those are good choices, especially marcia brady and I forgot one. gotta get Mrs. Brady in there; Florence Henderson.        but definitely NOT Alice their maid.

Alice the Maid, a.k.a., Ann B Davis, would likely not agree to a Playboy spread because she has lived in a religious community for the past 20 years or so.

Check for new replies or respond here...