inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Chowder" officially cancelled

Written By: Pucca on 08/14/09 at 10:23 am

"Chowder" is officially cancelled

Subject: Re: "Chowder" officially cancelled

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/09 at 11:16 am

*shrugs*  It'll be out on DVD.  BTW why be so annoying with the marquee?

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/09 at 11:17 am

BTW why be so annoying with the marquee?

maybe he is a chowderhead :D

Written By: anabel on 08/14/09 at 11:45 am

Thank God!  My prayers have been answered!!!  This has been one of the most annoying things I've had to deal with in my 9 years of being a parent! I don't know how many times I walked by the tv and thought to myself...

"WHY?  WHY?  WHY?"

I got to hating this show so much that I told Matthew if he wanted to watch it, he had to watch it in his room, it was not allowed on my big tv anymore.  He recently decided that he'd rather watch something with me and let it fall to the wayside...

I will NOT miss this show!

I really mean it!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/09 at 11:50 am

It's dead.......

LET'S PARTY!

;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/14/09 at 12:10 pm

Flapjack will be next.

CN is dead anyhow!

Written By: anabel on 08/14/09 at 12:28 pm

Flapjack will be next.

CN is dead anyhow!

I hope you're right! Those 2 shows seem to have started at the same time, and Flapjack is equally annoying...and to think Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends was replaced by these 2 clunkers.

I miss BLOO....  http://dvd.easycinema.com/easy/images/products/9/119179-medium.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/09 at 2:30 pm

Thank God!  My prayers have been answered!!!  This has been one of the most annoying things I've had to deal with in my 9 years of being a parent! I don't know how many times I walked by the tv and thought to myself...

"WHY?  WHY?  WHY?"

I got to hating this show so much that I told Matthew if he wanted to watch it, he had to watch it in his room, it was not allowed on my big tv anymore.  He recently decided that he'd rather watch something with me and let it fall to the wayside...

I will NOT miss this show!

I really mean it!  ;D

He really needs to watch good cartoons, like Smurfs, He-Man, Thundercats.  :)

Written By: woops on 08/14/09 at 3:02 pm

Or Looney Tunes, Disney shorts, MGM (Tom & Jerry, Tex Avery cartoons), or even a few early Hanna Barbera cartoons like "Flintstones"

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/09 at 3:18 pm

Or Looney Tunes, Disney shorts, MGM (Tom & Jerry, Tex Avery cartoons), or even a few early Hanna Barbera cartoons like "Flintstones"

Yep, kids need to know what good cartoons are.

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/09 at 6:00 pm

Yep, kids need to know what good cartoons are.

Sadly, today's kids don't.  Us old schoolers were there when good cartoons were on the air, so we can tell the good cartoons (anything before the early 90s) from the crappy ones (almost any cartoon made today, save a few exceptions)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/09 at 6:10 pm

Wow, cancelled already?

I never got the chance to watch it.

Written By: anabel on 08/14/09 at 6:15 pm

Don't worry....he loves Tom & Jerry, everything Tex Avery,  He likes The Flintstones and Jetsons too.  He surprises me sometimes by really appreciating some of the classics, like really OLD Bugs Bunny, etc...He watched The Smurfs when he was younger, but has sadly outgrown them. He's really into all cartoons TRANSFORMERS...the old shows on DVD, and he likes the new animated series a lot too. He also likes the new Star Wars animated series as well.  We used to love to watch Fosters together til it ended, and I am now getting those all on DVD for myself him.

He's also a major Disney kid as well....for educational shows he really likes the Magic School Bus series.  We have all of those on DVD too.  Along with all the old Scooby Doo's too.  He's also still into Spongebob, but I thought he would be done with him by now.  Not quite yet, though.

One newer show I like to watch with him is The League of Super Evil.  I don't know why but I actually like that one too!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/09 at 10:15 pm

I never watched it.  Greenblatt was a storyboard artist on SpongeBob, which I know is universally adored, but I can't stand.  Chowder looked pretty inane.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/15/09 at 10:57 pm

I stopped liking cartoons in 2001. Anything after that sucks!  8-P

Written By: woops on 08/15/09 at 11:46 pm

The 1990's was the best decade for television animation since many appealed and targeted  to both kids and adults.

Now most "adult" cartoons tend to be very immature and "kid" cartoons are too obnoxious  ::) :P

Check for new replies or respond here...